BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

No campout?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Khaleesi
Moderators

No campout?

i'm not seeing any chatter on a campout for this year. What's up?

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 am 
Cavewoman

Nuttin honey..... Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 pm 
wishonastar

yeah what happened to the camp out ideas that were floating around? i for one am still intrested in attending if it fits into my other plans this summer. let me know if any help is needed in planning.
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:17 pm 
Cavewoman

see... there's one of the problems...

"if it fits" other plans

we worked hard last year to put something together, and though we DID enjoy ourselves... to be very honest, it was also disappointing that only eight ladies showed up.... three made extensive airline journeys to attend (overseas and cross country), the rest of us also put in long hours by road or air to attend... we eight had a grand week and learned a lot....

but it was a LOT of work, had the site and dates picked MONTHS (like 10 of them) in advance, did a lot of planning, a lot of hoping and put together a pile of money for such a poorly attended event... we did our homework, we advertised, we talked it up, we heard lots of promises....from we eight who attended, the promises were valid, from the others.. well, i'm sure everyone had their reason for not being able to make it to Georgia,,,, but the truth is, it was disappointing that SOOOOOO many ladies did not show...

like i've said in other posts, there is nothing preventing anybody from planning another all by themselves....i can highly recommend getting together to meet face to face, to share time... and i wish you all the best of luck and weather and company...

the next "scheduled" outing (if you want to call it that), is South AFrica, 2008

p.s. i did not post this brutally honest response to be crucified for speaking from my heart.... its simply the truth from this side of this screen.........

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

i would have to agree with Cave. We heard soooooo many "Oh I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet everyone!" but when it came down to it few people showed. i personally drove 8 hours to be there and i know there were people within a few hours that didn't show that said they had no way to get there. We even let people know that there was a bus that would get you within several miles of the place and one of us would pick anyone up. Still those people were unwilling to ride a bus for a few hours to come to something they were supposedly soooooooo excited about? Bus fare is cheap. i enjoyed every minute i spent with the people i met but for those that couldn't find the time....it was your loss.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:43 pm 
Cavewoman

Slave !
Hey lady! how are you?
sorry we prob won't hook up this summer... but ya never know what Phyl & I will pull out of our sleeve next..... I AM getting the travel bug and i AM looking at some beach rentals - if anything pans out, i'll let ya know, ok?

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:20 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Cave!
I'm doing great...how are ya'll? i'd love to catch up with you and Phyl this summer if yer up to it! i just need to give mom as much notice as possible so she can get someone to stay with daddy or take the time off from work herself. We really can't leave him alone at all anymore. Not an option. We do have someone that stays with him when i need to go places as long as we give her plenty of notice. It would be great to see you again!

slaveofMistress

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:19 am 
Cavewoman

i totally understand....glad to hear you are doing well... i've been checking out some NC and SC rentals lately... thought i could hold off a visit to the ocean ONE more year, but its really gettin to me... i'll let you know if anything really does pan out... as you know, scheduling at work requires at least a 6 week notice, is that long enough for you?.... would love to spend some time tradin life again........................ i promise... i'll let you know..... but right now, its just a daydream... SA i'm sure is gonna be a glorious outing but dang, its expensive in its own way.... again, i'm sure you already know......

Be good m'am... be wonderful and be well...........
Cool

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:40 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

6 weeks should give mom time to make plans. Would be great to see you if we could work things out!

slaveofMistress

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:28 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hello ladies,

Did anyone look at the sawmill in Florida? It's gay oriented, and has great camping.

main site:

http://www.flsawmill.com/

rates:

http://www.flsawmill.com/rates.htm

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 pm 
wanderinglost

Wow, looks nice Phoenix. Too bad, I just sold my camper--I just don't want to deal with finding storage for it when I relocate. I actually liked camping back east; it a lot more enjoyable. Here, although the scenery is spectacular, you have to constantly be on guard against human preditors such as grizzlies and mountain lions. You have to think about attracting them when handling and storing food or other scented items. (You even have to be careful in your home, too. A friend had to get her 2-year old in quickly when a grizzly approached them while they were out in their yard. Fortunately, the bear didn't try to break in to the house because it took 4 hours for animal control to arrive--you can't shoot them since they're on the endangered speices list. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take a child being mauled or killed to get more sensible rules put in to place that allow humans to take defensive action when threatened.)

wanderinglost

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: