BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Board Rules

A NEW RULE

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
melons
Site Admin

A NEW RULE

Ok ladies...you all know (well some of you at least) that I normally have a great sense of humour; however I have absolutely NO humour where my name is used in posts with examples for systems such as the 'Love Calculator' etc....as occured in a joke thread posted by Phoenix last night (which I subsequently deleted and accepted the sincere apology given).

We all know that posts are made in general chat directing people to psychology or personality tests....love tests...true companion tests...soul mate compatability tests etc. ...and these tests are meant as fun for everyone. Normally they are fun for people to pass the time ....I have done several of them myself.

They do not become fun however when someone posts results from these tests involving someone who they and everyone else knows is monogamously coupled and lists that persons supposed 'love compatibility' with several other members of the site.

I am old fashioned...I don't like the fact that it could give any reader the impression that I am a 'Jack the Lad' on the site or the impression it could give that I 'play the field'...which I most certainly do NOT! I never have and I never will. It offended my own sensibilities.

I find it disrespectful of me....disrespectful of my Lady (Mdm Prez) and disrespectful of the beautiful love we have for each other and which we share.

I am sure that others of you who are monogamously coupled would not appreciate seeing your loved ones name used in vain as a potentially compatibile 'lover' for other members of the site!

Well...I certainly do NOT like it and so I would ask all of you to RESPECT my relationship with Mdm Prez and the relationships of other couples on the site.

Thats all.

Mel

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:15 pm 
rainbowbrite82

I am sorry that that happened to you, but it's a good thing you got that out in the open. It's a good rule to have.

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:20 pm 
Mairi Galt

Thank you Mel, I 'm in agreement with you.I have no idea how many of us are monogamous. but I for one claim that distinction.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Khaleesi
Moderators

To all of you that didn't have the luxury of seeing the original post, it was a game that used your name to determine if you were compatible with your partner. Phoenix found it online and had been putting OUR names in it and we were laughing at the various results we got when she used our real names vs our screen names vs pet names we use for each other. IT IS A CHILD'S GAME!!!! Look at all the other tests posted here about what type of lesbian are you etc. How could anyone possibly think anyone could predict compatibility of ANY type can be based on a name? It was a effing JOKE!!! Phoenix posted Mel's name with 3 other members as being compatible. MY name was one of them. I AM PHOENIX'S GF!!!! Phoenix and I are monogamous. Why would she use MY name? Because it was a JOKE!!!! She did not use Mdm Prez's name because she does not have her last name.

Khaleesi

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:26 pm 
melons
Site Admin

khaleesi

I accepted the apology that was given and that this was intended as a joke which misfired.

However in order to prevent this occuring again in the future it is best for Me to let everyone know that I did find it offensive..and it is My right to do so.

I consider My relationship with Mdm Prez to the highest degree and I will not have any aspersions made as to my character (whether in jest or not) because My pride (pride in Myself...pride in Mdm Prez and pride in Our relationship) will never allow it.

Best regards

Mel

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:43 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

I stand by Mels new rule.

A joke is a joke but if you don't have someone's permission to use their name then don't do it. This could be construed as sexual harassment amongst other things.

The other jokes that have been posted were done by willing participants !

DarkChylde

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:36 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Arrow ((((((((((((((((Mel & Mdm))))))))))))))))))) Arrow
Awwwww...i am so sad that this happened to you Crying or Very sad I am sending you both hugs and a little rainbow of light to bathe you and make everything better .

with much love
Angel1 x

Post Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:47 pm 
bbmaniac

Ok...I realize I'm not a mod and have been absent for some time now. That being said, there are a few here who seriously need to grow up. I agree with what was said here that a joke is a joke unless it brings undo harm to someone. This is a place I've long held as a sanctuary, a commutity...so to speak, and I hate to see it becoming sophomoric.

Mel...while I may be quiet and stay in the background, I know how you feel about this site and I wish nothing more than it for to become exactly that. I'm sorry you were put through this (and among other things lately), and you deserve to have what you envisioned.

Great big hugs to you and Mdm,
BB

Sonnet 109 - Shakespeare

'I'm just your ordinary, everyday sane-psycho...supergoddess' Liz Phair

--------------------------------------

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Jules

Way to go Mel...As always.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Jules

P.S. BB it's good to see you again!

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 pm 
bbmaniac

Good to see you again too, Jules!!

Sonnet 109 - Shakespeare

'I'm just your ordinary, everyday sane-psycho...supergoddess' Liz Phair

--------------------------------------

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: