BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Dark as Day as Light is Dark

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
A Minor

Together we wonder down the streets of todays dismays, hungers, poor and distraught. Tomorrows darkness covers up or insidious fears, as tomorrow day light uncovers or indiscretions that even we fear.
A rapest, a hooker, a homeless or parking lot gay trick behind a dumpster. A druggy shooting up in a doorway, a businessman out looking for a "Date", The Pimp searching for his unruly Ho, A young adult male searching for his next fix of Meth to shoot up in his car.

All the secrets the night keeps....
As the sun rises... washing our streets clean...

The Banker playing grab ass w/ the secretary for a compromised yet promised raise.
A Mothers Daughter with her own children to raise.. covering the black eyes from the beating of her alcoholic husband that came home at lunch just to celebrate.
The pedifile that lives across the street, that watches the neighborhood kids every Friday & Saturday Evenings.
The physicaly, verbaly abusive father that shames, controls and beats his teen boy for not being #1 in his high school sports, for letting the father down for not living up to his own dreams that he threw away, as did every father before him from a trilogy of alcoholic and physical abusers.

The Day light washes the darkness away.

The Darkness hides the shames of life that we try to masquerade .
Daylight then covets the family disfunctionalities that every one is to afraid to speak up and say.

Day is night as night is to day.. Pain is to pain no matter what time of day.
A pain in the night time is to a pain in the brightest of the middle of the day that can & will never get washed away clean unless we step out from behind our fears that keep us there

Post Sun May 13, 2007 6:33 am 
luvinmomofone1

i can understand the sentiments around your poem . i think it sounded nice but to me the flow was a little off...it was right on in the point of the matter but the flow of the verse seemed off to me..i couldnt tell you how tho. Exclamation Arrow

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
awnidea

quote:
Originally posted by luvinmomofone1:
i can understand the sentiments around your poem . i think it sounded nice but to me the flow was a little off...it was right on in the point of the matter but the flow of the verse seemed off to me..i couldnt tell you how tho. Exclamation Arrow

that is probably because, it is not verse as such and rather a personal essay (see title of Board), of inner sensibilities Smile

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:58 pm 
luvinmomofone1

cool i am sorry ..did not mean to offend...it was a great poem and i really did like it! i dont have a high school education..i do have a ged. i cannot do math not even in high school. i have a learing disabilty where i know things in my head but cannot put them to use..dont ask me what its called. alot of times i say the wrong things meaning something tottaly differnt that what i said. i realize most you you have degrees and/ or are in college at this time ...i will say time and time again i feel out of my league here but i wll not be intimidated by my ineptitude. i will comment when i feel i must but if it dont come out right please dont take offense..my writing skills are barbaric!!

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
awnidea

cool Very Happy

it's a refreshing contemplation to have human beings' aspect, that have not been "infected" by the "systematic practices".

thank you for your generocity to share, luvinmomofone1

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: