BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

Do you have gay parents ?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Alice In Quantum Land

Do you have gay parents ?

I don't know anybody who as gay parents and I was wondering if a kid that as gay parents really faces a lot of persecution or if it was more of a myth than a reality.

Do you have any gay parents and if its the case, did you have a hard time in school when other kids found out ? Or if you are a gay parent, how are your kids treated in their social circle ?

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:13 pm 
Eiregirl

Re: Do you have gay parents ?

quote:
Originally posted by Alice In Quantum Land:
I don't know anybody who as gay parents and I was wondering if a kid that as gay parents really faces a lot of persecution or if it was more of a myth than a reality.

Do you have any gay parents and if its the case, did you have a hard time in school when other kids found out ? Or if you are a gay parent, how are your kids treated in their social circle ?

I am a lesbian parent...Deb and myself has as yet to encounter our daughter being treated any differntly than any other kid.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Angelsfire

My daughter hasn't encountered too much so far. She is 8. She did have one friend who's parents made him stop playing with her for about a couple of years. They are best friends again now. Other then that, we had some mild problems with her first teacher who was obviously uncomfortable that she had two mom's. All in all, I think she has done well. She is very strong and we have taught her that she is probably going to have to face some of that because her family is a little different.

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:37 am 
Alice In Quantum Land

Thanks for your replies... I guess the problems will show up when they enter their teens...

I'm so scared of having a kid because of all this.

In high school, I would have been the first one to bash on kid that would of had gay parents. Knowing that people like me exists really scares me.

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:27 pm 
G7

I wouldn't necessarily say their needs to be problem in the teen years. Our daughter turned thirteen in October. Most of her elementary friends have known she was from a two mommy family since she was very young. At this point, they just take it in stride, just like one of her friends has a single mom. We were a little concerned about what some news friends would think now that she has gone onto middle school but there has been little to no change. Smile

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:40 pm 
nobodysangel

I am a lesbian parent to a lesbian daughter...when she was younger and I was in my first long term relationship with a woman, there were a few snickers...she took it in stride..being a teenager herself,and a lesbian she has gotten her fair share of smart remarks..mostly from guys saying crap..such as a 'night with me will make ya straight''....I've raisied her to be strong and stand firm in what she believes..her gf lives with us now..they go to school , make good grades and above all else they both hold their heads high..I have taught my daughter to accept not only who she is but to be accepting of all of those that may be different...I believe as a parent I have done a good job of raising her..my ex, that was her mom for 6 years did the best she could as well...her new mom is coming into her life late...it may be late but no less important..I'm looking forward to sharing my daugthers graduation with this woman as well as her going off to college..all the things that come with being a young woman...she is an awesome woman so i know in my heart she is going to be a wonderful mom..she already is to my own daugther..I can only imagine how she will be once we have our child..In this world you are going to face criticism and judgement, regardless..there is always going to be somebody, somewhere somehow, judging and running off at the mouth...stand firm in what you believe in ..for me that is loving myself first...being proud that I am an educated woman who just happens to love women..also being very proud of my beautiful daugther who also happens to be a lesbian...stay true to yourself...not saying the world wont be cruel or is not curel..it can and it is..just stand tall and stay true... Wink naughty

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: