BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

I just realized im gay

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Simply_S

I just realized im gay

i realized i was a lesbian late last in 2007. its very difficult for me because i know my parents would never except it and they would probably dis-own me. if it were up to me i'd probably never tell my parents until they were on their death beds. they are both homophobic. i have some gay friends but could never tell them because i think it might get out that i was gay. its like living in a prison, the ones you should be able to tell you just cant. i dont like living a lie. i start college in a few months and hopefully then i can be who i really am.

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:38 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Simply,

First, I apologize that it's taken over a week for anyone to answer your post!

I can understand how hard it must be for you with your parents. However, I would not advise the deathbed route; there are plenty of other ways Wink Even a simple glance through this forum will uncover many stories similar to your own.

You say that you have some gay friends, but cannot not confide in them. It's possible they already suspect you may be not-so-straight yourself. Ever hear of "gaydar"?

Can you *really* not trust your gay friends, or are you nervous about telling them? Considering they also have (or have not) come out to their own parents, they might have more respect for your privacy and trust, and not say anything to anyone else. It's possible.

Yes, college is a great place to be who you are ... and discover who you are ... and evolve into who you become. Hang in there for these few months. You have an exciting journey ahead of you.

~Eilidh

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:04 pm 
Simply_S

thanks for responding. i was joking about the deathbed thing Laughing it's just my parents are so homophobic, i dont know how i'll ever tell them. my gay friends, well i dont think they have a clue, no one does. i dont want to trust them with such a big secret yet. and i dont want them outing me if they get mad at me. there is one i will tell once i've gone off to college...maybe.

i get approached by lesbians, bisexuals, and straight guys at school but the problem is i'm not into the guys and as for the girls...i'm just not going to out myself at that school. there are some cute girls i like but am not sure if they are gay and even if they were... i wouldnt approach them, i will not out myself at the school i go to now.

a girl approached me at school the other day, she was real nervous and told her friend to ask me was i bi or gay and i said no. she seemed really disappointed and stopped by again today to say hi and her friend quickly dragged her away Laughing . i want to tell people, but i know how some will react and it may cause me to lose some friends.

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:51 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: