BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

Lesbians and Family

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ashamed

women, can i ask you? is it difficult to have children and to be a lesbian? do your children know about you everything? and how do they feel yourself in this world? or maybe ressia is hopelessly retarded(can i use this word here?)))?

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
twilight

Well I am 32, and mother to two girlies. Sami will be 10 on 3/11 and Allie was 6 on 8/31. We have 4 cats and a dog. I work as a cashier at a video music book store. As for how it is to be a mom and a lesbian. My girls know I love mamajanis like most couples are men and women. They know that not everyone accepts our lifestyloe, but they love us and that is what matters. They will be giving us away to each other at our commitment ceremony.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ashamed

so, i understand...and how about your own life? i mean your person life? do you have a girlfriend?

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
twilight

Yeah I have a girlfriend. Janis is the momma to my girls and I am mommie. If we kiss or hold hands or cuddle in front of them, they say ooo gross just like if it were me with a man. But like I said they will be giving us away during our commitment ceremony. My girls are very accepting of my lifestyle, but they have several friends who also have two moms. There are 4 o5 lesbian couples here in the neighborhood we live in. I think that it is very important for children of our 'families' to have a connection to someone they can talk to about any questions they have. Friends that have been there. There are groups set up in larger communities, but here in a smaller town we have just made our own.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Jules

I imagine it can be difficult depending on where you live. When I was in high school, I was friends with a girl, her mom was a lesbian and she got teased a lot. But, I live up here in the sticks and you can't do anything without the whole town knowing about it> Sad

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:33 pm 
ashamed

well, i think you're a bit different than we are, cause if anybody will know that your mom is a lesbian, they won't let you to live free. believe me, someday your home will be burnt and noone says that you will be alive. it's very hard to have children for such mothers...i just can't imagine that a nice lesbian couple has children...too dofficult...if you don't have a lot of money of course

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:41 pm 
twilight

Well, we do not have alot of money. Our children are from the days when either of us felt we were doing the right thing and were with men. Luckily we are not as persecuted as some others are. The grade school principal tries, but does not succeed since we got the superintendant involved. My best friend's wife went to the same school system as our kids are now in. He knows that she was openly gay then and now. He knows he would have a fight on his hands if any of us thought we or our kids were discriminated against. We already had to get him involved once cause this principal was being an ass.

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:56 pm 
ashamed

i meant not just to have a lot of money...you must have a very nice position in society...hm, my english is not quite well, so i'm sorry, i believe you'll understand me Confused . then...mya be i don't see evrything, i know, that there are some couples who have children, but i don't know why russian people like discrimination. if they don't understand it, they believe that it is incorrect, and they must kill it. sometimes i'm afraid to walk the streets if i see a lot of guys, cause especially in the summer they can notice that i'm a lesbian, sometimes they think i'm a guy, in winter it's rather difficult to say the same about me. once i saw a fight...i've already posted about this girl, ahe thinks ahe's a queer, i mean she thinks she's a guy and she's a queer...so, one day we walked the street and there were about 8 or 9 guys, they didn't like us...she was beaten, i didn't...one guy catched me and pushed me. so i could just to stare at them, and what could i? beat them?aga...i'm not strong as they are. and this problem is usual

Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:12 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

brat thinking .45 is so nice to have.

brat

Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:47 am 
wyldhart

wyld thinking Brat has a point, literally.....and a sense of humor Wink in a serious, choleric kinda' way....

smiles,
wyld

Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:30 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

Oh Wyld, you do know me so well... eg

brat

Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:57 pm 
Mairi bheag

quote:
Originally posted by ashamed:
women, can i ask you? is it difficult to have children and to be a lesbian? do your children know about you everything? and how do they feel yourself in this world? or maybe ressia is hopelessly retarded(can i use this word here?)))?

I have two boys. I could fill an autobiography with the why and the how-it-all-works. I'm working on a short story which will explain some of it, and when I'm done, I'll post that on the story forum.

Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:36 pm 
ashamed

Mairi bheag, hi! scotland... i like this country, really...i'd like to visit it...maybe i'll do it next year, my group in the university is going to visit it, there is a program wich gives you a chance to go to scotland and to study and to earn some money)))i hope to see your post soon)))

Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: