BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Holiday Tips...

Working holiday in the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eilidh
Moderators

Thinking of you, WW.
Let us know how you're doing when you have a chance.

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 pm 
WonderWhy

Thanks for your thoughts, ladies Smile

My gf is doing much better, still some neck pain but definitely less than last week. We are so lucky in that firstly (and most importantly) she is ok, and secondly that other things are falling into place.

One of the station workers here is going in the same direction as us and has kindly offered to tow our trailer. The dog, cat and I are also hitching a ride with him, and my gf is flying home in a couple of days. She is currently trying to work out how to rig up some roof-racks for the covered trailer to hold the kayaks that were previously on the 4wd. Both horses have been sold (I will miss them!) with the second one being picked up tomorrow by her new mum. We even found a nice new home for little Micky the silky rooster, where he has not one but TWO lovely girlfriends! (A good thing chickens don't believe in monogamy). The car insurance has come through and they even let us keep the wreck, which we have sold too. So things are looking up!

On the down side...I've been so busy I still haven't got around to buying my ticket to London, so must remember to do that soon. I've come down with some kind of annoying chest thing this week and sound like a frog! Can't wait to have my voice back. And hoping to avoid catching the vomiting bug the kids all have currently.Yuk!!!!

One thing I'm trying to find out without much luck..so if anyone knows the answer that would be great! I will have about 5 months left on my working visa when I get to the UK, and am hoping to stay on to travel afterwards (cycle camping/touring!!! Wanna join me?). I know that Aussies can visit (without a visa) for up to 6 months (I think that's right...or was it 3?). But can I just stay on or do I have to leave and come back, and if I can stay would I have to report to anyone between working visa and holiday/visit?

Thanks so much for your comments, ladies Smile As much as I have LOVED living here in the outback, I kind of feel that I am getting ready to re-join society ;p

Oh, and some more UK questions...just my curiosity again!

Does everyone ride in English saddles, or are Australian stock saddles/Western saddles common too?

What rating sleeping bag would I need? Would anything below zero degrees Celsius be necessary?

What is Dawn French's address?

xxoo

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:02 pm 
Tracey

not sure on the visa/holiday stay though we're pretty sure you don't have to fly all the way back home to come back! maybe visit southern ireland, norway or any other country

as for saddles - i didn't know there was a difference

rate of sleeping bag? if you intend to sleep outdoors then yes it does go below 0C (minus 12 in some parts the other night) but if your staying indoors it depends on the heating and bed! we've still got our summer duvet on as we have a memory foam mattress which tends to generate heat

Dawn french's address?? if you find it please forward it to me Wink

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:38 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

WW.. glad things are looking up for you and your GF.

As to the Visa concerns,,, eimply Google it.. try UK Work v Tourism visas, honestly I am sure you will find the answer.

How much will you and Tracey pay me for Dawn French's address?????

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
WonderWhy

MG: Ha! You are pulling my leg for sure Smile

Flying out in 2 weeks.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 pm 
Tracey

2 weeks? yay! just in time to help us move house! lol!

looking forward to meeting you!

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm 
PipSqueak

OMG! What a nightmare?! How's your girlfriend now?

Flying in to where? Whatya doing first?
It's really weird here. It'll probably seem small compared to Oz, not just distances but the roads will seem narrower and the houses all tumbled on top of each other!

Even though it's small we have completely different weather all over the islands. I usually camp in the SouthWest from Spring to Autumn. Coldest has been -5degrees C so I have a 3 season sleeping bag.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: