BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

DELETION OF NON-ACTIVE MEMBERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

DELETION OF NON-ACTIVE MEMBERS

As part of our housekeeping to free up space and such, member accounts with no activity in the past 12 months will be automatically deleted.

Please do your part to help us keep our roster up to date by posting at least once a month especially if you are strictly a chatter. This will keep you from having to re-apply to the site again.

We appreciate your time in taking a moment to assist us as we make the site run smoother for all members.

DarkChyldeskiss

Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:03 pm 
Eiregirl

Dark,

This is the only location on the boards I have seen this sticky note...
I am not sure but I would assume that not all members view this particular board.

Is there possibly a way to email this to all members? Hmmm 9500+ members hmmm maybe not Very Happy
or
Make it known to all new members in the confirmation email

Perhaps post it on other boards as well

Just trying to look out for the other ladies...

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
controlled_chaos

I'm crawling out of my little cave over here to thank you for looking out for all of us girls Eire.. you really are a sweet heart

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:15 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Eire and all members,

What I've done is PM or email members who have been inactive for at least a year. The email/PM I sent requested that if the members wished to remain active that they needed to post. Out of 10 pages of members, I may have had one response about wishing to stay an active member. Most either didn't response or I received an inactive email account response. All members were given a month to reply in case of conflicting jobs,vacations and such.

All PMs and emails have been done out of my own email addy so that the site isn't bogged down with inactive email account responses.

The housekeeping of non-active members is for the best interest of the active members and the health of the site in general. The inactive members that are being deleted are those who have posted nothing since registering in the past year or longer.

Members who have posted will remain active.

If members wish to become active members again, the process is easy enough to re-register.

Thank you for your conern.

Mel and her staff are doing everything in the world to maintain the site so that people can enjoy it.

DarkChylde

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:43 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Here's a quick look at how many non-active members we are looking at.

There are approximately of 152.5 pages of non-active members @ approx 50 members per page = 7625 members total.

We have about 189 pages of members total so approximately 9500 member total.

If I had to guess I would say about 30% of the non-active members are spammers from what I've seen. Do we really want to keep spammers on our boards to flood us with unwanted junk?

Having approx 1875 active members is a shinier number than having 7625 non-active members.

It's the 1875 active members who keep this site SHINY! It's the writers and members that respond to posts that drive and keep Mels alive! It's the new members who join in when they see the awesome ladies on Mels do what they do best!

Remember, this site is about creativity, contributing and community!

I encourage all non-active members to at least post their introduction to show their support. Come be a part of our community.

I encourage all our active members to let your muses out to play and get those silent members to respond!

That's my thoughts tonight as I stroll through the memberlist.

DarkChylde

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:48 am 
Eiregirl

ok Smile

Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SensualMaelstrom

Yikes! Normally I just "lurk" over in the poetry section. Sure glad I took a peek at this post. I don't want to be excluded from Mel's! Smile

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:39 pm 
kaJo

Dark~
I plan on continiung to be an active member but if one lagged off for a year or so and then was indeed Crying or Very sad ((eeek)) deleted. Would one just be able to re~register? Or how would that work?

kaJo

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 am 
Hawaiian

kaJo,

We are deleting only members who have not posted anything, or have dead e-mail addresses.

If you do find yourself deleted, just reregister, and post something, anything, somewhere. Even a post to this thread will keep you as an "active" member of melswebs.

Thanks,
~Hawn

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:05 am 
Blue Siberian

Sorry.

I'm another one guilty of spending too much time 'lurking' and reading the posts, without contributing much myself.

I'll try to be a bit more active. I get so much enjoyment from this site, you honestly wouldn't believe, so its time i put in a bit of effort and give something back in return. Just go easy with me, I've been told I can sound confrontational, but I can assure you I'm actually sweet and generally mild-mannered.

Bravo to the admins for this website. Exclamation

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm 
Sassy63

I, too, spend a lot of time "reading", rather than posting. I SO enjoy this site!!! So here is my post to show that I do wish to remain an "active member" of Mels!!!! You are an awesome group of ladies and I have learned so much over the past year or so! Thank you for the efforts put forth on this website!!

Rogena

"The heart would never have rainbows if the eyes never had tears..." Anonymous

Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:48 pm 
Yarrum

Please don't delete me....I like it here. Cool

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:23 pm 
kayak

I'm another member who loves to read but rarely posts. This is a wonderful site.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:55 pm 
Purp

I just joined a few days ago, and love it. It's a positive place to be, and I've posted a few things on here. Just wait until I hit the poetry board... Twisted Evil Heeheehee

Post Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 am 
AnneB

Glad to see I'm still "alive" though according to my e-mail box, there was a reply to a post I made... but the thread is no longer there for me to see what was said. *sigh*

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: