BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

THE CAMPERS @ SWIFTWATERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mairi bheag

quote:
Originally posted by DarkChyldesKiss:
Mairi,

LOL! Is that what it was?

Jan
##

mhm

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:48 pm 
chordphrute

thanks for all the awesome stories, ladies. I can't wait 'til next year! Sounds like my cup-o-tea!

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:31 am 
DamagedGoods

Thanks SO much ladies for taking the time to share a small slice of camp with all those of us who desperately wish we could have been there. I love hearing it from your varying viewpoints, makes it feel so very real. I'm gunna try and move heaven and earth to make the next one, even if you settle on holding it on Mars!!

It sounded great.... rain and all.... but most of all it sounded very real. Well done ladies and thanks again for sharing so beautifully!
All poems posted by me, unless otherwise stated, are written by me, DamagedGoods, and are ©2002-2009 and must not be used anywhere else without written permission and my copyright details in tact. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:07 am 
ghost

thanks for sharing, ladies!

ghost made a promise last night... and she normally keeps those.

see y'all next year!

regards
ghost

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:10 am 
Mairi bheag

I have enjoyed every bit of this thread. I have also seen a photo some of you haven't tee hee hee. Thank you so much, friends.

Mb
xx

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:58 pm 
Cavewoman

"Kak!...Mikki I believe we left it behind at the cabin. Kak! I distinctly remember retrieving it from my baggage and placing it in the bag.."...Real lifts her head from searching her various collection of bags she drug to base camp.

Mikki pats Real's back, "No, I saw you pack it, its here, its here. After smuggling half the African continent into the States, believe me, I know you packed it. Let me check the jeep. If its not there we can just drive back up to the cabin and get it." Mikki looks across camp to the jeep to spot New York and San Franciso nearby. "Lil, could you please check in back for a white bag?". Mikki turns into Real's smile, "come here you"

A muffled "Sure ! no problem" pops from the direction of the jeep. Khaki pants and white tennis shoes dangle from the open door as Princess sprawls inside across the back seat in search of the missing item.

"I think it rolled under the front seat Lil," cupcakes spins away from a lurking fast buzz in the air nearby and ducks inside the open front door. "Ewwwww...." pulling her hoodie hood close.

Phyllis glances up from the chopping table surveying the scene then looks to the fire. "Bush, Tree, Potlid... you", she smiles and points a carving knife toward Slave , "Whatever you call yourself, I can't believe you people call yourselves this stuff, how's that fire coming along? We almost ready? I don't know about you but I'm not eating breakfast at three o'clock in the afternoon so get those coals moving."

Standing with one foot inside the supply tent and another out, I grin at Phyl's inability to get our Mels names correct, "Honey, we call her Slave, not Bush Tree Potlid, you need anything else from in here? We got the dishes, the silver, the spices already on the table."

Slave leans from her green camp chair closer to the slowly warming coals, pokes them a bit with the fire stick. In her true southern drawl, "Phyllis, you can't rush these things. I know all about charcoal fires from my Dad, he's a master of grilling. They're getting ready, as soon as they all turn ashey white, they're ready. Should we add more? Is that enough? What all are we cooking?"

Real crosses camp to the coolers (kula boxes), lifts the lid of the red one inspecting the produce items floating in sealed plastic bags thoroughly chilled. Her perfect lesbian ass greeting all who care to stare.

Hawn rummages in one of the backpacks on the picnic table bench for pen and paper. "We need to make a list so our trip to the store doesn't take all afternoon."

Wolf shuffles around the bamboo bend in the road toting three logs in her arms while attentively not smashing the snail she has collected from somewhere and now has crawling on her shoulder, quietly surveys the scene. Dropping the logs onto the small stack, she looks to Real, "You think that's enough? or should I get more?"

Real glances over to the stack, "That ought to do splendidly Wolf Pup, thank you."

Lil and Cupcakes voices ring from the jeep, "Found it! You want it over there?"

Real calls out, "Excellent Lil, most excellent. Thank you."

Hawn surveys the scene standing with legs spread, stretching slightly and pulling back her hair while casually announcing, "We're going into town....again.... after we eat and clean up a bit for ice and dinner supplies. Anybody want anything? Where's that menu we did Monday?"

Princess walks to the picnic table and asks Phyllis, "Is there anything I can do? Chop something? Cook something?"

Cupcakes is nearby, "Did we get everything out of the supply tent that we need?" Then turns to address Hawn, "I want to go to town too if you don't mind."

Hawn turns to Cupcakes smiling, "sure, there's plenty of room." then refocuses her gaze to Real standing tall with a dripping cold jug of tomatoe juice, "Oooh yes! yum... please, thank you." Grabbing a cup from the table she picks her way around the chair circle to the cooler area.

I exit the supply tent with a container of pretzels, munching, walk to Phyllis busy chopping peppers and onions alongside Princess. "Anything you need dear? Damn that smells good, I'm hungry. What are we making again? The oven is ready to roll, I set it right over there by Slave at the firering, what else do you need?"

Phyllis quickly kisses me, "I just need that damn fire to get hot then we're all set." She lifts her head spying Cupcakes near the supply tent and hollers over, "New York! Can you find me a couple potatoes in there? And where's that long flipper grabber thing?"

Slave shuffles the coals, "These are just about ready. What do you want to put on first?"

Cupcakes calls from the tent, "How many potatoes you want?"

Wolf plops on a log, "What are we gonna have?"

Princess says to Hawn, "You better put onions and peppers on the list, I'm not sure we have enough for dinner."

Real booms from the cooler, with her perfect lesbian ass still guiding the way, lifting two bags, "Ladies, I believe we have oinions and peppers in the kula box as well as also in the supply tent, Is that right Cupcakes? Look here first, perhaps we don't need to purchase quite as much."

The morning sun moves higher throwing heat into our shaded canopy. I'm suddenly beginning to swelter, "Damn, I'm hot." I peel off the first of the day's shirts and toss it over the clothes line away from the dish cleaning area. "We got enough water to do dishes?"

Cupcakes pipes up, "Lil and I are doing dishes at the wash station after we eat. So don't worry about the water jugs."

Princess looks up from cutting sausage, "Yeah, Cavey, we did them last night at the water station, it was much easier. Don't worry about the water jugs, we got it."

Wolf looks away from the river over her shoulder to the table, "I'll help too but right now I'm damn hungry, let's just eat."

This teeny weeney scene is very indicative of any typical day's first meal at camp.

Camp became a family.... and much too soon, it was over, done... and we parted our ways to resume our seats behind these computer screens. But now, we have voices with inflection and facial expression accompaniment to the type written words. Our world is larger, more complete and possesses actively rooted knowledge alongside growing mystery.

Last edited by Cavewoman on Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:51 pm 
ghost

brilliant, cave....

thanks so much for sharing... lol, i know what that ass looks like bent over a cooler box... she so loves camping.

thanks for looking after my friend.

love y'all

regards
ghost

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:00 pm 
Mdm Prez

Cave

Thanks alot for taking us along with you. Love reading the notes.

Cat

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:56 pm 
Start Over

Cave,

I'm amazed that you typed all that. Thanks, appreciate it.

By the way, next time could you include more "perfect lesbian asses"? Thanks.

Cheers,
Start

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:31 pm 
Hawaiian

Cave,

I am as enthralled as the rest of the ladies reading your recaps. Mahalo for the storytelling. My apologies that I have been remiss in recounting with the rest, but it has taken me a while to get some thoughts in order. It's still not in order so forgive the rambling.

Some of the things that I remember:

I remember enchanted nights in the woods lighted by the glow of campfire, strategically placed citronella candle buckets, and loads of fireflies. Sometimes, pumping tunes out into the dark-cave's Exotica cd, Melissa, something shared by real from South Africa or sometimes simply the soft gurgling of the river.

I remember being enchanted by poetry reading by torch. A bit of our own stuff for those brave enough to share, and some of our favorites from "home"--from mels, so know that more of you were around the fire with us than could actually be there. Random readings from a lesbian poetry book made us laugh with a selection called "Black Beans," which was a special and incredibly delicious meal for all of us.

Oh, and the food left nothing to be desired. On this campout, let me just say that we had some pretty fine cooks. The Dutch oven was the star of the campfire really, and a big mahalo to Phyllis for letting it leave the house. Junior scout night produced perhaps the most spectacular meal we ate, Jambalaya, with lilprincess leading the show. A South African braai, complete with "illegal meat products." Grilled steak, grilled fish and juicy Georgia peaches dribbling juice down your chin in the hot humid day after tubing in the river.

I remember my cup never empty, despite an occasional pause to fish out the bugs and whatever kak may have been floating. Smoking lazily through the night, sampling everyone's fair--a clove cigarette, a cherry cigar, granddad's prized pipe filled with NC tobacco, a hookah filled with mint tobacco (though the talk of double apple/mint whet my appetite for our next gathering), cigarettes and something we called a trainwreck.

I remember a night of I Ching, with wolfie mysteriously being about to see the coin toss in the sparkling dirt, and count up the symbols in her head. I remember some of the readings were eerily accurate. This was followed by cave breaking out glow sticks and glow bracelets for all camp's kids-at-heart to marvel at. Real got the lesbian lime, of course.

I remember our first late afternoon thunder storm, stripping our tops to dance in the rain. Drip-drying our pants huddled close to the fire, while cameras caught drenched lesbian asses on film.

I remember being woken by a discrete knock at 3 am by a calm and collected princess "I think cc got bit by a scorpion can you two come look at it?" Being surprised that cc, too, was calm with a scorpion trapped under a glass at her feet. It was a pleasure to adopt those two wonderful young ladies as our camp kids. I remember spending early mornings with the young ladies on our porch chatting away the morning, almost missing breakfast a few mornings.

I remember the chaos on the day of cave and Phyllis' vow renewals...the flash drive wouldn't work, the printer wouldn't turn on, princess getting some poison ivy from picking greenery for the wedding. I remember the brides beating the rest of the wedding party to the site, the first time. I remember how stunning and heartwarming the ceremony turned out to be.

I remember being grateful that Phyllis didn't take one look at our ragtag bunch, look at cave with an "I can't believe that we used our vacation for them internet people" piercing glare and leave with the supply tent. I am grateful for the running water in the cabin, and for the idea to abandon the shower house for a pot of hot water brewed in the coffee pot and a few stolen hotel wash cloths.

Yes, the cabin left much to be desired. Yes, there were bugs, friends of bugs, and assorted collections of other crawlies and flying buzzies. Yes, the dog Willie liked to roam outside of the cabin at night looking "bigger than a raccoon honey." But I wouldn't have traded it for any other vacation. I saw what it looks like when cave says she's laughing her ass off. I will forever read slave's chat in her southern drawl. I know what it is to have deepened my ties to these 7 other women.

I feel blessed.
~Hawn

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 am 
Mdm Prez

Hawn

Thank you too for the recap of the camp.

'illegal meat products'?

Cat

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:37 pm 
cupcakes

yum

I Arrow illegal meat products.

it's like beef jerky, but not so jerky.
like smoked salmon, but not salmon.
like non american bacon, but without the grease.

THe white fatty part tastes good.

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:01 pm 
Hawaiian

Mdm,

cc gave a great description of "illegal meat products." It's like jerky, but tender. It's like Prosciutto but beef. The other one was like a dry sausage flavored with coriander...simply lovely.

For the "illegal" part of the story, you will have to ask real sometime in chat.

Aloha,
~Miki

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:33 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

.......listening to Real tell stories of her camping in SA, seeing a lion up close and personal. Sitting around the campfire reading poetry, some of our own, some from other members of Mel's. Watching the Jeep come down the narrow trail like one of those commercials on television, barely able to fit through the small lane, leaves from the trees brushing across the sides of the Jeep. Sitting at the fire smoking my clove cigs after everyone had left for the cabins, looking into the fire, just letting the reality of the day soak in.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:36 am 
Cavewoman

We envied you those last moments of late night Slave... alone with the fire... one our favorite times in any camping situation... Glad to hear our fire had company in the wee wee hours...

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: