BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Books and Story Writers

Bella After Dark

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
alison_laleche

Bella After Dark

I was thinking - dreaming, really! - about writing something for the Bella After Dark line of books, which is meant to be rather steamier than your average lesbian erotic novel. I was wondering if anyone here had read any Bella Books, in particular their erotica, and what they think of it? I have read Kallmaker's All the Wrong Places from Bella After Dark, and really enjoyed it, but I didn't see how it was so much steamier than work I'd read elsewhere. But perhaps Bella Books are quite conservative usually ... ?

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Allison

alison.....that is a very good question. I do believe that Bella has been a very conservative publisher in the past, but I do hope they will loosen up in the future. I will admit my age and say that I have not read any of their titles since they changed names from Naiad Press, but those were usually very bland in the sense of erotic scenes. I was fortunate enough to get a read on a first draft of a manuscript, but I believe they felt it too graphic for their needs. My advice for you would be write your story and even if it is not chosen for publishing by Bella, you have written it and can pursue other publishers. Either way, good luck with your writing.

Alli

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
alison_laleche

Thanks for that, Allison - it's sound advice and just what I would have said myself. I tend not to roll out of bed to the keyboard without a contract though! But if I do get a free slot during the next year - vaguely possible - I shall pursue my idea for a full-length lesbian erotic novel and see where it leads me ...

Laughing

Post Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: