BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

ANOTHER vote
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
What do we do????
The cheepest- Florida - http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/5131.html
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Or "ReVote" using the top 4 from the last survey
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Dueceswild

ANOTHER vote

So here is the deal, I would really like to stop having these votes ! So here is what I propose.....
Either we just go with the cheepest place we came up (the first FL house, the "adult" house) or....
we "re vote" using the top 4 places in the original survey.

So I'll start..... I vote for FL...... Simply because it is cheepest and I think it will open a lot of doors for those who might have trouble comming because of expenses... and even if more don't show, those of us that do make the comittment won't be strapped with a large lodging bill.

So there you have it.... vote NOW the survey will only be open for 7 days... AND PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO EXLPAIN YOUR PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:05 am 
frozenillusion

Well... I actually voted for the Florida one originally so if I end up going, I'd be happy with that choice! Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Khaleesi
Moderators

Okay, before you read this be warned i am not in a good mood. My anti-depressants aren't working, i can't sleep and my cat just hocked up a fur ball in the middle of the floor and he's looking at me like it's my fault.

Alright, i looked at the CHEAP place in FL. The price is based on 2005. What will the price be in 2007? It sleeps 16 i believe and requires a hefty deposit which you don't get back until they check the house over after you leave. Florida is HOT and HUMID and IT RAINS EVERY FREAKING DAY. The house is at Disney World. EXPENSIVE. Ya'll want to go to Mickey's House, fine. Brats running around spilling their overpriced Cokes on you and dropping their overpriced hotdogs with mustard on yer shoe, screaming "Mommy" in yer ear. Mommy and Daddy ignoring them 'cause they don't want to deal with the brats. Standing in long lines to pay for those overpriced Cokes and hotdogs that ain't worth eating.

As for 're voting' i've heard talk of other options besides the 4 places on the original survey. Frankly i'm beginning to not care. The 'cheap' place in FL is among the original 4 so why not just 're vote'? It's one of the choices. I'll take my chances on a revote i guess, but lack of response and lack of people showing up in chat for the meeting (i understand you had an emergency Duece....i don't mean you) is simply disgusting. i really don't want to hear all the "oh i want to if you'll have it here" bullshit. Damn...realwoman came from South Africa this year. You people can't show up in your own country? I live on a disability check and i saved enough money to go this year. MAKE AN EFFORT PEOPLE. Most of you get a tax refund. I don't. Set that money aside for the Mel's gathering. "i don't have a way to get there" Have you heard of Greyhound? It's cheaper than flying. EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES..... if you really want to be there you will find a way. Hell i don't want to go to Florida, but if that's where the vote goes and i can afford it i'll be there 'cause i want to see my friends.

i warned you i was in a bad mood.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 am 
JustAGirl29

Well, I'm one of those that offered a different option to Cave. And, as I told her the other night, regardless of how said vote goes, I may have a gathering of sorts at said place anyway.

Florida holds no draw for me whatsoever. I go there at LEAST 3 times a year, if not more, and I really don't want to deal with places like Disney World and whatnot. A "family" get together is not what I'm looking for, but that's just me.

At any rate, this weekend I will post as much as I can about the area that Cave and I talked about. It would be camping, in tents (though there is an indoor area in case of rain and what not), so anyone offput by the great outdoors probably won't like it too much.

Justy

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:44 am 
beautifullyjaded

I voted to re-vote, it only seems fair. I mean, only giving one option just doesn't seem right to me. So that's my opinion.
hugs,
bj

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:18 pm 
lemons

I voted for Florida .......

I only did this because I know that through one way or another many of us could probably come up with some money. For myself, Florida seemed to be the most feasible for me as all the sites were on one coast or the other so travel would be about the same for me. I was looking at where I could save a little money ... which obviously would be the cheaper of the houses. Especially if 2007 ends up being a dozen or so of us.

Justy ....... can you provide more info on the place you are speaking of??? Maybe you have in chat .... but I haven't been there mostly due to my computer giving me some major fits! *sighs*

Anyhow .... just my two cents .....

A tremendously HUGE thank you to each of you that have done all this research so some of us can have a wonderful time next year!!!!!

Lemons

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:35 am 
lostgrl913

ok i am probally late here but it wouldnt let me vote.
i havent been in chat because well i am not sure how compatiable it is with my older system and well java is giving me issues too. so i am wondering where we are on next years meeting???
and people are life
if i keep my eyes closed
i'll be open to strife
-Ferron STAND UP

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Cavewoman

at the moment, the previous convo / suggestions seem to be a long pause....

got a suggestion? a preference? a bit of info or thoughts to share?....

all are welcome to join in the free for all... cause afterall, this IS about all of everybody................

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:50 am 
ae

Jenny come lately

In case anyone can tolerate more input on this idea, the Florida Keys offer a GREAT variety of places to stay, from campgrounds to weekly rentals, that are just smashing. And if you're going in May or June, that's considered off-season and rates would be cheaper. I stayed at a house on Little Torch during Easter week that was $1200 the week, and it nicely housed something like 15 or 16 of us (it was actually converted to one unit from two former cottages, so quite nice for extended non-family groups), with a pool, right on the channel, and 20 minutes from the very gay-positive destinations of Key West. We bought groceries at the supermarket, or fished or ate out, and it was perfectly laid back for those who wanted that, and full of adventure for the roving spirits. And not hot. A little cool at night, actually. The Keys always have the breeze. Also, in Key West, I recommend Mona's, also known as Southernmost Guest House, and there are lots of other gay-owned and gay-positive places in KW, as well. As a destination, Florida is pretty easy to get to for those in the U.K.

Anyway, thought I'd chuck that in. Sorry I wasn't around to offer it earlier.
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:10 am 
Cavewoman

THANK YOU ae.....

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 am 
Dueceswild

still debating

I'm still interested in this trip... Infact I'm looking into the keys.... I'll let you know what I find.... Let me know if you are still interested! I'm very busy w/ work and school, but I'm determed to celebrate right after I grad in May!

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:12 pm 
lostgrl913

I am still intrested too. As long as the gathering is not near 47h of july i am in. is there any links to the keys places that are sugguested?
and people are life
if i keep my eyes closed
i'll be open to strife
-Ferron STAND UP

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
miss rebecca

i'm up for it. why can't we just go to the same campground they're going to this year?
particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want
your extra time and your . . .
kiss.

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:31 pm 
Cavewoman

Swiftwaters proved to be a bit toooo rustic for most...

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:50 am 
Cavewoman

lostfgirl... go to

http://www.melswebs.com/generalboards/viewtopic.php?t=3246

there ARE websites attatched to every place discussed/considered ... the link above will take you to that post

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: