BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Holiday Tips...

Gyrlgroove's Spook-sational Halloween Dance ... Knoxville

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cavewoman

Gyrlgroove's Spook-sational Halloween Dance ... Knoxville

Looky here another womyn's dance, with all the other events happening on halloween, you'll have to pick and choose where to go and what to see, but here's a little visual of the last womyn's dance... A darkened ballroom with bras and feather boas on the gold chandiler, womyn scantily clad in black bras and tight pants, hopping and bopping to top 40 hits, playing game a of I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ?

Gyrlgroove's "Spook-sational" Halloween Dance

When: Sat Oct 28th 8pm - 1:00 am $10 at the door
Prizes for creepy and creative costumes!
Where: The NEW location of Grand Square Ballroom, 108 West Inskip Drive, Knoxville, TN 37912 865-237-5249

(off Merchants -- was once the Southern Ballroom)
Go north on 75, exit Merchants and take a right. Go right on Central, right on W. Inskip. Building is on the left)

BYOB with soda/coffee sales benefiting Gyrlgroove Softball Team, SMALL coolers welcome. You must be 18 to enter, 21 to drink = MUST have ID.
DJ Taylor and DJ Kat spin all your favorite romantic tunes, boogie tunes and are taking requests in advance at Kathrine@gyrlgroove.com

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:12 am 
Flapdoodle-fox

Hi Cave,

was hoping that you might be able to explain to me the US's complete fascination with Halloween. As an English lass where it is by comparison a small deal mainly centred around kids going up and down the street in your local neighbourhood (if that) the way it is celebrated in the US is just amazing to me so was hoping for some understanding about why really, is it simply an excuse for a party and piss up??

Flap

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:25 pm 
RunninAway

Not Cavewoman here, but thought I'd throw in my two bits anyway. In my observations, the traditional trick-or-treating as a child seems to center more around the candy and sweets, not so much the dressing up. It's as we seem to grow older that the anonimity of the dressing up becomes much more the focus of the day. It allows some people to disguise themselves and act in ways they normally wouldn't. And that may include the party and piss up you refer to.

I for one don't count it among my favorite of holidays, I always seem to draw those folks that decide to dress up and behave in ways most rational minded people would...........

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:49 pm 
Cavewoman

its been a long time since i was carousing the graveyard gathering monkeyballs to lob over the hill at passing tricksters...a mutual Halloween ritual amongst friends... but i had a lot of fun.... it was a pre-authorized night (in the old 60s) to dress up anyoldway and go out to play in the dark...

now... on a more adult note.... i enjoy a HUGE mug of mulled cider (or something along that line) and a nice big fire cuddling around a hot pot of something good to eat....

sadly, my glow in the dark Freddie Krueger mask has passed away ... i have as yet to find something equally accommodating to partying and hiding and scaring......

our fascination? its fun !

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:11 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: