BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

What are your thoughts - ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Phoenix
Moderators

Re: Reference

quote:
Originally posted by awnidea:

Oh! And, ...

"if I have the whole chicken and you have none ... STATISTICALLY, we have 50% (fifty percent) of chicken, each".

my truth,

Smile
awnidea

The facts are the facts. Illegals they studied commited a lot of crimes, and had they not been in our country, then our countrymen and women would not have been THEIR victims! It's just like the drunk driving situation where had they thrown the jerk in prison prior to his/her enth offense, then some mother, child, father, brother, sister would still be alive had this person not been on the road. I don't think their family members give a damn about where such an individual comes from, just that they should have been stopped and if they had then their loved one and their family would not have been victimized by that person.

The fact is, if someone is here illegally and they are stopped by the police, they should be deported, end of story.We don't need to be granting amnesty, giving out drivers licenses or anything... they need to leave, and come back legally under proper channels.

phoenix

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:22 am 
Eiregirl

Re: Reference

"o noon, noito", "the perceiver perceives"

If facts are the seeds that later produce knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow. Rachel Carson

There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees, which are falsehoods on the other. Blaise Pascal

When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. Dom Helder Camara

I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"if I have the whole chicken and you have none ... STATISTICALLY, we have 50% (fifty percent) of chicken, each".

OH and...FACTUALLY I have 100% and you have NONE

Very Happy would you like some chicken?

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
awnidea

Magnanimity

Eiregirl,

Very Happy

STATISTICALLY, i am in no need of chicken. However, FACTUALLY and if the offer still stands, there are so many children who, i am aware of atleast, such generocity would put a smile on their face ... Very Happy ... and "that" is ALWAYS GOOD !!! ...

There is so much need for beautiful smiling faces (children's especially), on our precious Earth ... !!! ... ... ... Smile

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am 
lori

Personally, i think the world's people should be allowed to roam freely, in any country and make it their home if they so wish!
We are all citizens of this planet, so whoever made up the rules of immigration are stopping freedom of humanity if you ask me.
Soon they'll be handing us passports to visit the Moon, Mars etc! What i'd love to know is why it always has to be about power and control? Why cant we all just BE? Wink

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:53 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Lori,

We have issues because people enter our country, use our medical system without paying for it, commit crimes, use our public schools and colleges (get in state tuition rates even), as well as get on welfare and/or social security which they never paid a dime for, that's why.

America is a great source for free care, money, and education and we can't afford it!

phoenix

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:47 pm 
lori

yeah i know all of that. maybe we shouldn't have invented money in the first place. Wink

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:57 pm 
Eiregirl

Re: Magnanimity

awn,

Factually it is to bad that I cannot put a smile on the face of every child on this planet but I try harder than you can imagine.

Statistically and factually there are people suffering all around this world and it is my opinion that all should be given a helping hand but if you keep giving and giving and nobody tries to take and use the help to lift themselves up then what have you done except create a society of people who only know how to wait in line for their daily handout? There are few things more satisfying than to see someone you have helped actually help themselves and in turn help someone else.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime. Very Happy

As far as this thread on illegal immigration is concerned there are people who may never smile again because of the crimes committed against them by illegal immigrants who most likely would have never been in the country if the government actually tried to provide better border security.

In case you have not actually read and understood what I have said in my posts in this thread. I am not against people moving from one country to another...hell I did that myself...I wish people could move from country to country freely without having to go through all the hassles of legal immigration and through most of history people could move about little to no hassles but that is just not the way the world is today. As I have said many times there is no way to stop all the criminals who come into this country or any country but everything that can be done should be done and at the moment it is not being done. I know many who illegally cross the borders of another country to find work only want to take care of their families and I have sympathy for them having to leave their homes to do that but should another person and family have to suffer in the process just because there are people who would rather pay an illegal half what they would have to pay a legal citizen because some employer is greedy?

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by lori:
Personally, i think the world's people should be allowed to roam freely, in any country and make it their home if they so wish!
We are all citizens of this planet, so whoever made up the rules of immigration are stopping freedom of humanity if you ask me.
Soon they'll be handing us passports to visit the Moon, Mars etc! What i'd love to know is why it always has to be about power and control? Why cant we all just BE? Wink

I wish it could be that way. Would you care to tell me why it cannot be that way today? Very Happy

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:51 am 
awnidea

Reference

Material being posted in here is saying "this", "that" and the "other" ...

... how scientists say "this", how "scientists" say "that", how statistics say the "other" ...

Peculiarly enough though, there is no reference for anything.

As to, who said "this", who said "that", which statistic said the "other".

Anything ? Everything ? Nothing ?

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:33 am 
Cavewoman

ya know awn, for somebody who now questions "this" "that" and "the other" and desires specifics...

other than quoting (and this place has a forum for philosophical quotes)...
I haven't seen a lot of data supporting your platform....

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:14 pm 
lori

Eire.......It can't be that way today because the world is divided into believers and non-believers.... i.e. those who will listen only to 'evidence' or 'proof' written by others, (who were just like them selves at birth) and those who listen to their own feelings and intuitions, above all else.
This is not fact.... its my belief. Wink

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:46 pm 
awnidea

Consideration

. . .

Yes, i do perceive “Love of Wisdom” (which is what the word “philosophy” means), … (OH! and for the ones who consider in terms of persecution, i say this “… ‘Love of Wisdom’, a.k.a. ‘Philosophy’ …” ) … to be, a most virtuous endeavour in and of my life.

However, i am not a philosopher myself.

I appreciate a good quote that rings TRUTH to my ”inner being” and for this, i post the following (oh! and when i quote, i reference names where i am aware of them atleast, out of respect for payment of dues) :-

" … If thou continuest to take delight in idle argumentation thou mayest be qualified to combat with the sophists, but will never know how to live with human beings … "
- Socrates

Truth is, i do not take delight in it.

Truth is, i do not wish to be qualified to combat with the sophists , either.

Truth is, i wish to know how to live with human beings.

Truth is, i am a human being myself and so, i choose to learn to live with all of us on this, our precious Earth.

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Last edited by awnidea on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:57 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

Re: Consideration

quote:
Originally posted by awnidea:
. . .

Yes, i do perceive “Love of Wisdom” (which is what the word “philosophy” means), … (OH! and for the ones who consider in terms of criminality, i say this “… ‘Love of Wisdom’, a.k.a. ‘Philosophy’ …” ) … to be, a most virtuous endeavour in and of my life.

However, i am not a philosopher myself.

I appreciate a good quote that rings TRUTH to my ”inner being” and for this, i post the following (oh! and when i quote, i reference names where i am aware of them atleast, out of respect for payment of dues) :-

" … If thou continuest to take delight in idle argumentation thou mayest be qualified to combat with the sophists, but will never know how to live with human beings … "
- Socrates

Truth is, i am a human being myself and so, i choose to learn to live with all of us on this, our precious Earth.

my truth

Smile
awnidea

You'd make a great politician awnidea. Since you haven't offered ideas, I can only take from your replies that you really just want to continue making quotes that offer little of substance to the discussion or share of yourself in it. Tis a pity as you do seem like an intelligent person.

phoenix

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:08 pm 
Eiregirl

Awn,

Smile Very Happy

Lettering in darkred is attributed to awnidea aka Awn

Yes, i do perceive “Love of Wisdom” (which is what the word “philosophy” means), … (OH! and for the ones who consider in terms of criminality, i say this “… ‘Love of Wisdom’, a.k.a. ‘Philosophy’ …” ) … to be, a most virtuous endeavour in and of my life. Awn

(correct me if I am wrong) I believe Nietzsche said, “philosophy without experience is empty and experience without philosophy is blind”.

Philosophy…political, religious, scientific, personal…there are many different philosophies but they all have common ground. The exchange of idea’s, opinions, thoughts and ideals, the asking of questions, the search for answers are all part of the quest of knowledge and wisdom.

“The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.” Niels Bohr

However, i am not a philosopher myself. Awn

“Then may we not fairly plead in reply that our true lover of knowledge naturally strives for truth, and is not content with common opinion, but soars with undimmed and unwearied passion till he grasps the essential nature of things with the mental faculty fitted to do so, that is, with the faculty which is akin to reality, and which approaches and unites with it, and begets intelligence and truth as children, and is only released from travail when it has thus reached knowledge and true life and satisfaction?” Plato

Plato also is attributed to saying, “And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers.”

Awn we are all philosophers of one sort or another.
Here in this forum we like the exchange of idea’s. The quest for wisdom by sharing our thoughts, experiences and knowledge.

I appreciate a good quote that rings TRUTH to my ”inner being” and for this, i post the following Awn

I appreciate a good quote also but I also like to make sure people know what I think.

- Socrates
Awn

Well I for one love a good discussion and I delight in being considered a sophist because I enjoy discussing just about anything. I also like to discuss things that can or do affect my life and the lives of those I love and other people such as the issue being discussed here because I strive for a solution to be found and implemented that helps all concerned. As long as people with differing philosophies, views and opinions on any particular subject are willing to discuss the matter then in my opinion they know how to live with other human beings. It is when people stop talking to each other and stop exchanging idea’s that trouble ensues and strife takes over.

Awn

I find it sad Sad that you do not delight in the exchange of philosophy, the exchange of idea’s, knowledge and wisdom…I find it sad Sad that you do not wish to find the wisdom that can be gained from discussion. Crying or Very sad

“History is Philosophy teaching by examples.” Attributed to Thucydides

If one cannot learn from the past in order to make their own future better then they have learned nothing.

“Mankind has tried the other two roads to peace - the road of political jealousy and the road of religious bigotry - and found them both equally misleading. Perhaps it will now try the third, the road of scientific truth, the only road on which the passenger is not deceived. Science does not, ostrich-like, bury its head amidst perils and difficulties. It tries to see everything exactly as everything is.” Serviss

As long as there is political jealousy and religious bigotry their will never be peace.

As Blaise Pascal said, “There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees, which are falsehoods on the other.”

What is true to one person may not be true to another.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:07 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by lori:
Eire.......It can't be that way today because the world is divided into believers and non-believers.... i.e. those who will listen only to 'evidence' or 'proof' written by others, (who were just like them selves at birth) and those who listen to their own feelings and intuitions, above all else.
This is not fact.... its my belief. Wink

lori...it is fact

I am not sure if you mean religious believers and non-believers but I will assume you do.

However in some cases it is not because of religion it is because of a myriad of reasons that have been discussed in this thread. Reasons that range from economics to crime

We do not live in a world where total freedom of movement by all people is possible because there are people who would love to just walk into your country and blow you into little tiny bits.

Why?

Because you do not think and believe as they do so you are the evil enemy to them.

I will be very blunt now so please forgive me and do not take it personally...if you do not believe that then you need to get your head out of the sand. However I think you already know that.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:36 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: