BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

artificial insemination

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
nobodysangel

artificial insemination

Hello ladies..I'd like to discuss artificial insemination..I want very much to have a baby...I know I could go about it the ''old fashioned way''..thanks but no thanks. Shocked . I'd like to hear other womens experiences on this subject..good, bad or anything that you'd be willing to share...if you have been through this how was it? were you in a relationship and you and your partner decided to go this route?, single and wanted to have a baby as a single mom? any story you'd wish to share I'd be happy to listen..this is something that I have been thinking about for sometime now... advances in medicine has made it possible for women to have a child well into what was once considered ''to old''...I'm 35...it would be a safe bet to say the biological clock is ticking..each year that passes it gets louder and louder still..being a nurse I understand the medical aspect of how this will work..I'd like to talk to women who have experienced this..the emotional aspect of this...any advice or opinions would be most appreciated..thanks in advance for anything someone would be willing to share. choosing to have a baby is one of the most personal and cherished events a couple can experience.....not all women want a child..i can understand and respect that view point...again any advice would be most helpful.. Smile

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:02 am 
SoulStory

My partner and I did AI for several months this year. I actually did get pregnant but unfortunately had an early miscarriage. Anyway, we found a known donor who would donate fresh sperm (in a cup) every month. Over time, I perfected my method of insemination... learning what worked and what didn't work so well. I don't really want to go into a loooooonnngggg post about it, but if you'd like to ask questions, I'd be happy to answer them based on my experience. Good luck! Smile

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
angelsmoki

Does anyone know of any other discussion groups for lesbians TTC?

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am 
SoulStory

Fertility Friend has a section of their forum dedicated to people who are using AI. While it is not limited to lesbian couples, a lot of the people who frequent that board are lesbians. You can definitely get a lot of support and advice regarding the process of inseminating.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
miss rebecca

ooh geeze...i'm looking for AI too not anytime soon, but i like to prepare.
i learned a lot form
http://www.xytex.com/
particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want
your extra time and your . . .
kiss.

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:33 pm 
Eiregirl

Deb had my fertilized egg placed in her and she carried our baby. After trying artificial insemination and miscarrying 3 times I just could not do it and that is when we had a long talk about what we really wanted. We wanted a child that we could both call our own. After talking to several doctors about it we decided our best course of action was to have my egg fertilized and Deb would be a surrogate since I was afraid of miscarrying again. For us there is no better way to have a child because both of us are able to say… “that is my child”.

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
angelsmoki

Thanks Soulstory for the link. I remember when the boards at Fertility Friends were free. Unfortunately, due to saving money for TTC the cost of joining a forum isn't a priority.

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:29 am 
SASSY SOUL

Ok this doesn't relate to me - totally -at the moment but I went through months of considering this a few years ago - without a partner and sometimes still do consider it - but just wanted to say;

Good luck to all who are venturing down this path.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm 
poeticrendezvous

Nobodysangel,

Well, my partner and I have been through discussions about this. We're going to have another child within the next two years (I have two of my own) but you are right, there is so much to it. We thought about the baby having a dad and we thought about the legal/emotional/future aspect of it. We thought about 'how' to go about it. So I am right there with you in this post, curious about how others have done it.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 am 
MamaD1216

If my girlfriend and I ever decided to go down this path - get married and all that - and still want a baby, we would use her brother's sperm for AI for me. But that is way waaaaaaaay too far in the future to say for sure, I just know that that has been a possibility for us.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:22 am 
Raven

Raises hand to be put on the "please share anything you know" list since Suzy and I are looking into this too and would love to add another little bundle of joy (more like craziness lol) too the two we already have through her past marriage. I really can't wait to have a lil one. Wish we could afford it now but it'll probably be about 2 years for us too.

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:41 am 
nobodysangel

hello

Hello ladies...since I first posted this alot has changed in my life.. I'm glad to see that so many couples are wanting to start their families in the near future..things have changed so much for me since I first posted this..the biggest thing is that I am now in a loving committed relationship with Csan..my darling Carol..she and I have talked in length about having a baby..We already know that I will be the one to carry our child...we have discussed using her fertilized egg implanted in me...since she is a twin and so am I we are still giving that some thought...She is a faternal twin and I am an identical twin..so we are aware of the chance that we could have twins of our own..I'd love that actually! she is a bit freaked out on that...We have visited the website www.therainbowbabies.com.. I think that was the name of it.. we both found that site to be helpful...we have talked of how we would love to make our child..find a donor and do the at home insemination....to us that would be the most natural way for her to ''get me pregnant'' so to speak..either way we choose, private donor or sperm bank or adoption that child will be so very loved...I know with all my heart that I have the perfect mate in her ..she will be an amazing mother..I can't wait to move to Cali, marry her and get on with this already Very Happy ..any other news or updates I would love to keep you ladies updated..being a nurse I hear of medical advances all the time...not to mention some ideas that for some are crazy...my last attempt at AI was done simple.. I knew the donor, a doctor I worked with, he gave me the goods in a steriile cup, I came home..she and I had a romantic dinner, the turkey baster worked..I did get pregnant...sadly I lost that child...even after all of that I know in my heart I want to have another child..I want to feel that baby move inside me..I want to see the love of my partner and I reflected back at us in the eyes of our child..now that I have met the perfect woman for me, I'm ready.. Ready for her love, for our life togeher and more than ready to have our child...sorry for the long ramble ladies..I'm just really excited with life right now...love does that to ya I guess.. Csan if you read this..I LOVE YOU!!..wanna go to your room and ''make Grace''? Wink Wink Wink Arrow Naughty

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 pm 
karatekezza

Aww how lovely, brought a tear to my eye! I have two children already so i don't think i want anymore. My best friend who is gay asked me if i would have his baby for him and we bring it up together, but i refused. Only because my last baby almost died and i wasn't far behind, don't think i could go through that again. I'm not saying that when i meet someone if she wants a child i will be agreeable but i won't be carrying it.
Anyway you sound like you and your partner would make wonderful parents and i wish you both all the luck in the world.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
ang

i did AI thru a clinic here in sydney, i didnt result. we used xytec sperm as sydney has like no donors. anyhow i now am up to my 9 embryo transfer, so im hoping this is it. and we have our angel baby. since our journey has been nearly 2 years i have sort of been thinking of my girl carrying my embryo, we are loooking into it. surrogacy will be our next option, so we shall see.

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:26 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: