BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Any Opinions on Iran's President Speaking at Columbia Univ?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mdm Prez

Any Opinions on Iran's President Speaking at Columbia Univ?

Do you have any thoughts on President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaking at Columbia University in New York on Monday?

Do you think he should have been invited by the university?

If you were an alumna of Columbia and disagreed with the visit, would you stop contributions to your alma mater?

Do you think he should have been allowed to visit the site of 'ground zero' where the twin towers were destroyed by terrorists on 9/11/01?

Cat

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:52 pm 
Eiregirl

Do you have any thoughts on President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaking at Columbia University in New York on Monday?

I did not listen to the speach and have not read very much about it as of yet but from what I have heard and read about what he said in regards to a question about homosexuals...damn he did a fine job of sidestepping that one.

Do you think he should have been invited by the university? Yes I do.

If you were an alumna of Columbia and disagreed with the visit, would you stop contributions to your alma mater? No I would not.

Do you think he should have been allowed to visit the site of 'ground zero' where the twin towers were destroyed by terrorists on 9/11/01? Yes I do.

I found a transcript of the speach the President of Columbia University gave and the one President Ahmadinejad gave.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20070925&articleId=6889

I have to say that I do not much like the man but...a damn good speaker I would love to debate with.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
cupcakes

Thanks for posting that link.

It was really interesting to read.
I was still in the states when the President Ahmadinejad went to speak at Columbia. I remember it was such a big deal and people were getting upset, but I thought it was good to invite him here.

After reading the link, I think that right from the start, people already had many prejudices about him. I thought that he raise many good points and argued well.

It is clear from the start that Bollinger had the agenda of ridiculing him. The President answered the questions posed to him sufficiently in my opinion. The only thing he didn't do was give the answers Bollinger wanted that would make him look irrational and cruel.

Many times when he asked if he was against the Jewish Nation...it was obvious that he was looking for "yes, I hate jews." Those questions were meant to get a specific answer to confirm a preconceived idea that this man is pure evil.

I thought the way Bollinger worded the question about why there should be further research on the holocaust was ridiculous. And the president's answer got to the point. Even if it is hard to stomach hearing someone deny something we "know" is true, they should still have the right to research it or think about it.

Anyways... my answers to mdm's questions are the same as Eire's

~cuppers

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: