BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Talk to Ex-gays? *Important Update*
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Hawaiian

Aloha Ladies,

I've taken down the link in the original post. After some research, the "ex-gay" blogsites, connected with this "ministry," seem to be a recruitment tool for LGBT to their "ex-gay" movement. Sad.

Sad that they dangled some bait here. Pitiful even.

I don't know if the reasons for posting the link here are anything evil or nefarious, but as a precaution, anyone who clicked on that ex-gay blogsite should do a routine clearing of cookies. I know, it's a hassle and you'll have to reload all the regular cookies like the ones for mels. But it's a good idea to clear your cookies regularly anyway.

And for anyone who doesn't know anything about internet cookies or why we should be concerned, I've posted a little explanation below.

quote:
Originally posted by website: HowThingsWork:

Cookies are sometimes disliked because they can set and perform functions without the user knowing. But couldn't one view computers in general as setting and performing functions without the user knowing? My machine swaps programs in and out every few seconds without telling me about it. Some people do not like a file that may contain a cookie with information about where they have been, and what they do, if they can stop it. This type of information is invaluable to some companies. Cookies are usually used for simple things like to store your specification of your start page, or your user id's and or passwords, but like most things they maybe manipulated to do bad things.

Better safe than sorry...

~Hawn

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:25 pm 
Allison

But, but I love our Cookie... Wink

Thanks Hawn.

Alli

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
smart_cookie

quote:
Originally posted by Allison:
But, but I love our Cookie... Wink

Thanks Hawn.

Alli

Awww. I wub you, too, Alli Gator!

Arrow

Cookums

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm 
Just for a moment

Just a precision !

I'm the one who posted the original link here (I was known as Alice In Quantum Land) and let me assure you that I didn't do that to recruit anybody and if there is any malevolent cookies on her disgusting blog I don't know anything about it.

Since I can't talk to her respectfully (I really hate all of what she is) I posted the link here so someone that is less impulsive and more respectful than me could talk to her.

Again this is not an attempt of this ex-gay group to try and recruit anybody. It was only me. But you are right for being careful this is the kind of bullshit that they could pull off.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am 
Just for a moment

And for the record, I wasn't able to keep my mouth shut and I am still posting comments on her blog as "Shallow Mind".

I am not one of them.

Have a great year everybody and please stay gay Very Happy !

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:11 am 
Hawaiian

Alice,

Thanks, I appreciate the point of precision. And it's good for all of us to know that the original post didn't come from that ministry.

I don't have the time to give you a complete response now. I have to get others things done. I will come back to you at the end of my day.

Still gay,
~Hawn

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:57 am 
Blue_bandana

I tried talking, but she rarely responded with anything valuable (go figure) and she never even posted my final comment. She's a waste of time anyway. In order to learn you have to be willing to listen. Listening with an open mind is extremely difficult when you believe you already have the answers.

Anyway, I'm joining the anti-shellfish movement. Maybe I'll even start a blog to talk about being an "ex-shrimp eater." Let's join hands and boycott Red Lobster together. We can meet on Tuesdays for cheese and crackers while we make signs to promote our anti-shellfish message. What do you think?

Oh well, still gay and proud. Very Happy

~Blue

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:42 pm 
smart_cookie

I'm sure the anti-shellfish movement can use your mussels. Rolling Eyes

Cookie

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 pm 
Hawaiian

Blue,

I too am so done with shellfish people, always prawning what don't belong to them. So, I say fire up the barbie...um, ya know...what if I come along for cheese and crackers, and we institute a "don't ask, don't smell" policy?

~Hawn

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm 
realwoman

~smiles wryly, and shakes head

Two cents from my side, to conclude this with:

Firstly, for blue, regarding Charlene: ((((((((((((((((((((((BLUE))))))))))))))))
You have done a wonderful job talking to "Charlene", but yes, as cuppy said before, someone who labels themselves based on their history, and who goes public with that label, well i dont think that such a person will ever be able to listen with an open mind, or succeed in building bridges... It is clear from "Charlene's" blog that the bridge between gays and exgays she proclaims to be building is non-existent, as she expects that gays should swim over to her side of the river...

Secondly, regarding the poster Alice aka Shallow Mind aka Just for a Moment aka Two Things... one can only feel pity for someone so confused... after being asked to change her behavior and observe the rules of our site, she choose to leave, but could not stay away... she comes back to ask us to talk to 'Charlene', saying she cannot, but she IS talking to this woman, as Shallow Mind? Not only is she talking to 'Charlene', she is VERY ANGRY at 'Charlene', so much so that she gets banned from that site too, and she never realises that the reason why 'Charlene' keeps talking back to her, because her anger at 'Charlene' is making the point for 'Charlene', namely that gays hate ex-gays... This is the reason why "Charlene" never responded to my post made on 5 January already, and why she did not put Blue's last post up... because we are not angry with her, and we are hence not supporting her argument... she cannot even answer the issues we place at her table, not with all her 'Bible-knowledge', because our posts does not support her warped ideas of what it means to be lesbian...

Back to Charlene, I think she is utterly confused too... how can someone, who claims to have been a lesbian for 20 years, make a statement that 'she realised she could never be 'the man' in bed'??? Gawd, I know no true lesbian who wants to be a man in bed...the lesbians I know, both butch and femme alike, celebrate the fact that they are a WOMAN in bed, and loves being a WOMAN in bed with another WOMAN...seems like Charlene's online 'gayness' is build on the typical male misconception of that women do with each other in the bed, and that one has to be the 'man' for anything to happen... If someone is in a woman's body but wants to be 'a man' in bed, well, maybe there are some transsexual or transgender issues??

I know that i will not be going back to that site - I dont like wierd cookies that crash my browser (i DO like our Cookie tho... Wink )... and I am not sure that 'Charlene' is who she says she is, and I am not one to waste my time with imposters, ex-gay, gay, straight, whatever...

Adding my mussels to the anti-shellfish movement, and pitches up for Hawn's BBQ...

~real

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:01 am 
cupcakes

Shocked Braai? Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:04 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

You women are just hysterical. I am conflicted about the anti-shellfish movement and banning Red Lobster well because I love their bisquits. Yes, I do have the recipe, but it's so much fun to go out to dinner, nosh on their bickies and have a few drinks.

As for Alice in Quantum land, it was both Khaleesi and my opinion that she just enjoys strife, stirring the pot, and watching the ensuing chaos she creates, and therefore we quit responding to her as she was not only irritating, but rude and condescending with an inability or desire to respect anyone's but her own viewpoints.

Oh, and I think this week it's my turn to be the "man in bed", and lay there waiting for "my woman" to tantilize me, strip, and please me..... laughs and ducks....

phoenix

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
Blue_bandana

Biscuits... Shocked Ok, so the biscuits are awesome. Think about it though. They're just a ploy to keep you in your seat so that you may take part in the shellfish consumption. How tricky are they who use such scrumptious biscuits to mask the madness. *sighs*

"Don't ask, don't smell?" Laughing Sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps the first could be strictly for "educational purposes only," thus allowing us all to see things first hand and better understand the movement as a whole.

((((real))))
I agree with you. I honestly felt bad for her at first, like maybe she was just trapped and caught up in things. Maybe even a little naive. She's clearly not naive though and that really just makes her whole message and intent that much worse. She's specifically packaged to fit misconceptions and misunderstanding. Her current message, her story, all of it. It's sad and I feel horrible for anyone who honestly has an open mind or who may be struggling, that may comes across her propaganda.

If only religion were run by something true and honest, rather than something often ignorant and self-righteous.

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 pm 
Hawaiian

Alice in Quantum Land aka two things aka Just for a moment,

We have deleted your rant. Enough already.

Glad you think that the world centers around you, so you know who to blame for your problems.

Go have a biscuit.

Goodbye.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: