BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Books and Story Writers

Young Adult books

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jetblack

Young Adult books

Hi, I just bought this book called grl2grl by Julie Anne Peters. It's a book of young adult short stories about sexuality and similar issues. Thanks to everyone who recommended Julie Peters. I couldn't see Keeping You a Secret but will look out for it once I'm done with this one.

Does anyone else know any other Young Adult writers, or modern adult authors. I've been lucky at one of the local bookshops, they have a wide selection but nothing else is grabbing me yet.

Would love some more good recommendations. Nothing too heavy and the more modern or relevant the better.

Jet.

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Emokitten

Keeping you a Secret is an amazing book, one of my favorite YA ones, some other lesbian themed YA books are Empress of the World by Sara Ryan and The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:48 am 
smart_cookie

I loved grl2grl...my favorite story was After Alex. But my favorite book ever is keeping You A Secret.

I just read two very good novels which treat a very similar theme a little differently in each. One was "Pages For You" by Sylvia Brownrigg, and the other was "Lessons" by Kim Pritekel. Both are stories of 18 yr old college freshmen (Flannery in "Pages", Chase in "Lessons") who fall in love with an older female grad student. I loved them both, in different ways, and recommend them highly.

PS--don't overlook "Luna" and "Between Mom & Jo", also by Julie Peters...they are both excellent.

Arrow

Cookie

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:00 am 
Love_Lady

Since this thread is nearly a year old, I wonder why I reply?
A love of books and literature perhaps? Either way...

Sugar Rush by Julie Burchill is quite good, the sequel is better though.

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:31 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: