BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Dear So and So...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Facade

Dear So-and-so,

I send forth my greetings to you - I hope you are well. I assume that you are, anyhow: free from your constant ailment of liver disease. No, you don't have to explain yourself anymore - answers from you would possibly be considered illegal anyway. You know, I would have written sooner, but I was far too naive, far too stupid, and far too stubborn. As I hate to beat around the bush, I will finally say it: I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for pushing away from your embrace.
I'm sorry for denying your half of my flesh and bones.
I'm sorry for giving you a nose bleed as you were playing the piano.
I'm sorry for being a stubborn girl.
I'm sorry for always blaming you.
I'm sorry for hating you.
I think I can say that I do love you, or at least...I'm at peace with you.

Love,
Facade

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 pm 
jessm13

Dear so and so,

Did you notice that was my heart you stepped on? I may have not handled our situation very gracefully, and yes, I admit there were things I did that were not okay, likewise to you. I never did anything to hurt you, so why do you think it's okay to crush me and pretend everything is okay? I keep wishing I could turn back the hourglass and do things the right way, so I could tell you how I really felt, maybe things would have been different. But my feelings for you are in the past and they are not going to resurface. Though, since I never got to tell you how I really felt, there's this bile feeling inside of me I fear will never resolve. I'm done with you and feeling this crummy when I think about you or when I'm around you. We may be "friends" again but these fake smiles and conversations pretending the past never happened is going to drive me insane. I'm moving on, I'm only sorry the friendship we once had will never be the same.

Smile

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 am 
pharos

Dear So and So,

it's always great to talk to you in the mornings. You are soooo sweet when you contradict me in that teasing/playful way. Bet you're giggling right now, aren't ya? Wink

Pharos

PS You look like a mermaid with that long silky hair, but I'm so not telling you that! Razz

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 am 
DanceofSorrows

Dear So and So,

I suppose that phrase, “it's about what we do, not what others do” makes some tangible meaning to the responsibilities of our lives. But it also burrows something deeper, if left said without recognizing that we are affected by each other, sometimes very deeply. You are not even here to hear my voice or the reasons I would approach you with any logic at all of my experiences. Certainly that is the fortitude of my letting go. Perhaps even the gift of knowing that real love in life outranks the mere fantasy of what might have been. How much more would there be to forgive in a lifetime together...much as to be expected.

Still, I would be remiss if I did not tell you even in the shadows of your affect, that the hand that never held me up while learning to walk, and the eyes that looked away from mine unwittingly found it's way to help shape my experiences. Your absence gave as much as it took away. It is this simple thing of how we take our parents issues and seclude it in our minds and dumb it for years. I am no longer that youth, deriving my passions re-actively. I am no longer angry at the ghost of my imaginations, who you should have been with skin and heart responsible for me. The coffee table garnered books, the placating kind fingerprinted by those around. The house was filled with jazz and voices humming. Yet if I must let you bear witness to my heart from wherever you are in spirit, hear this. I've spent years wondering why, I was worth nothing to you.

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am 
wishonastar

Dear So and So,
This has been a long time coming. I have been thinking about the past a lot as of late. because i am working so hard towards my future.
So here it goes. I can't talk to you. Not right now. I still hurt too much. Please don't text me, IM me, call me or really anything. I can't let the past keep hurting me so much.
I don't know if in the future we can be friends again or not. only time will tell. but for now i have to say Good-Bye and good luck with everything you do.
Respectfully Yours,
Starlight

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:45 pm 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

dear policy maker
i can't report that the intervention you have spent ££££ is more effective than other, cheaper, interventions, just because you want research to fit with your current policy. this is about real people's lives, not about keeping you in a job. we're not saying it doesn't work, or that it's harmful, we're saying it's not better, next time the intervention sales people turn up at your door with 'the answer' - look at the research first not after... and not the research done by the people peddling 'the solution'... don't blame me... i'm not jumping through any more of your hoops. The conclusions will remain the same and don't threaten me with 'less chance of us working together in the future' - because you're disappointed... so move out of my face coz your blocking my light!

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Dear So and So

I woke up this morning feeling anxious, then I remembered you were flying back in today. I've had the house to myself for 12 days and it's been so..........................peaceful. I know you try and stay out of my way, I know we are civil to each other, I know you do the best you can under the circumstances but I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I need to have my own space, I need to be responsible for me and me only for the first time in my life. I don't know how this is going to work but we have to make it happen.

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:36 pm 
jessm13

Dear so and so,

You are completely justified in your stance on this situation. However, I have to disagree with your logic, as an educator, to have such a small margin of leeway, when someone makes one mistake not give them the opportunity to make up for it. Especially when such a mistake puts their finances, employment status, and degree status in such jeopardy. Do you realize because of a 45 minute margin I will now be working quadruple time for the next TWO YEARS to make up for it? Though, I know it's not in your job description to care. If I learned anything from you, it's to confirm my reasoning to rely on only myself, because apparently I can't count on anything. Thanks a lot.

Smile

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:36 pm 
MdmPrez

Dear So and Sos

You better lawyer up. The trigger's been pulled. We've got you dead to rights!(for the uninitiated...caught you with your pants down).
GAME ON !!!!!

mp

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:04 pm 
BdeCaunteton

Dear so-and-so

I know your ideal life would be for me to sit in my apartment, not spend a single dime and keep my apartment clean. I practically do that so why are you never happy with me? You say I don't sound upset when I shot myself into debt but shit, I was terrified and trying to keep my composure WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME? If you say move home you know I'll be just as miserable there so... would you just want me to do away with myself 'cos obviously I'm on a fast train to that anyway. Just because you were able to get a job during high school and moved up the ladder at the same job for over thirty years obviously that has impaired your judgment to the outside world for anyone who has to struggle. You're what... 47? It's time to grow up, mother. If I sent this to you, you'd say I'm taking things too emotionally well you know what woman, that's just a part of who I am a part of things you don't like about me. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 pm 
pharos

Dear So and So,

you're such an asshole for making me do all the balancing just beacause you're too blind to see what a total fuck up you are.

Pharos

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 am 
Facade

Dear So-and-so,

I know we've been friends since high school and all - and it's great to have you as a roommate - but I would greatly appreciate it if you did some of the house work once in a while. It's a tad irritating to come home to a pile of your dirty dishes. I mean, if there are dishes in the sink, then please help me out by doing them, after all, you are home more often than I am. Also, it would be dandy if you didn't leave food out in the open...at least cover them up. I find myself having to clean up after you late in the evenings and it's a bit exhausting especially after long days. And would it kill you to have a tad of common sense? Don't use plastic to stir fry things!!! Plastic and heat equals melted plastic! It would also be nice if you used some deodorant...and air freshener...

~Facade...

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:42 am 

Dear So and so... Yeah this is very new to me. Not the work part. I work hard. But this environment. And you know what? It feels great. And you know what? You're not going to put a damper on that for me. Or I'm not, just because I feel a bit intimidated by you. You don't know me, but, I don't give up. I work hard. And I'm not giving up. So you can try all the techniques you want to test my endurance and my stickability and my determination, and my ability to rise above my little insecurities. You can do that. But I'm not caving in to them. I'm gonna keep bull dozing forward. I like it here. I'm going to succeed. I'll get used to you, just like the rest of the guys. And in the meantime, I'll do my job well.

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 am 

Dear So and so... wow... When I got your text the other evening, I was floored. A few years have passed since that awful phone call when you vented your hurt and anger at me. I was so hurt by what you said, I really never thought we could get back to this point at all. You judged me for something I had no control over, and something that was so difficult for me to endure. Admittedly, I was not the most present Aunt. I know that is what was hurting you more than anything so I accepted your wrath, and understood that was part of it, and yes, my doing.

Seeing you and your brother and your mom again a few months ago was really wonderful. It was nice to receive such a welcoming greeting. So the other night when you texted me to say you were thinking of me... well, that was so incredible. It meant so much to me. When I texted you back, I hesitated at the end and then said, Love you. I thought maybe that was too much. But then my phone beeped and... there was your message, saying, love you too. My gosh, you just don't know how much love i felt for you at that moment. I know your dad, my brother, is smiling in heaven now. Finally at peace with both of us. I promise to try harder to be a good Aunt to you. So nephew, God Bless, and I love you.

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 am 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

Dear Grannyma, i love you more now than i ever have, how can it be possible? but it's true... i have felt you every step of the way for the last 11 years... like a glow in my heart and a twinkle in my eye... i miss your physical presence, alot, but i love your spirit and how your love touches my soul... i will always be your little girl x

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: