BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Grrrrrrrr (work rant)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wishonastar

Grrrrrrrr (work rant)

Ok so i work for company X (name to protect my butt just incase). Company X is a fairly large electronics store. We cell computers, Mp3 players, tv's, cell phones ect.
Now i understand in retail you make money with the add-ons, the cases, cords, protection plans, ect. And I also get that we should have some add-ons with each what they call key products.
BUT I don't think its worth losing sales over. For example Black Friday we had in the district sectary "helping" with our sales. and my friend C was selling an iPod touch. C presented the customer with the option of the protection plan and the on sale accessory bundle for it. The customer said they weren't interested in either option. C they said that the bundle would only be something like $10 after the $20 instant rebate. Customer said again they only wanted the iPod. No biggie right?? well apparently for the district sectary (not manger nobody important really) came over and kept pushing for the customer to get the bundle. After a few more no's on the customers part they customer got fed up and walked out with out the iPod. Now really was the bundle more important to the company then a sale and a possible repeat customer? to me that's a big NO
Again tonight the district sec calls to see if we sold any post-paid phones and plans. when she first called we hadn't sold any and she was all pushy about why not. then she calls back right before close asking about phone sales. they guy I was working with K said he was selling 2 phones now and no the cust didn't want anything with them. he presented the cases and screen protectors like he was supposed to. but she wasn't happy with that at all. she kept after him that they couldn't leave with out a purchase. K doesn't take that kinda shit from people he told her he couldn't force the cust to buy it and did she want to try talking to them. The cust was totally confused about what was going on. and again almost walked out the door.
Now really this is just getting pathetic. putting too much pressure on mgmt and sales staff to try and sell this extra stuff. when the customer can walk out of store X and go to store A and get the same thing with out the high pressure sales. and honestly we don't make enough off any of this stuff to push it as hard as they want us to. we make $7.25 an hour and we get up to 2.57% of the add on dollar amount. and they put such a high goal on what we have to sale to get that puny 2.75% its not worth the pressure. we make more money on just the phone activation.
to top it off. today we had 3 returns and one call in upset cust. two returns were because the store manager miss represented the product and the 3 was because something didn't work right. and the product that didn't work right the mgr had C put back on the shelf to resale!!!
I just can't take this much more.
i am only getting 20 maybe 25 hours a week and i can only count on the $7.25 an hour to make sure my bills get paid. i really don't know what else to do. i have been putting in apps left and right but the economy sucks. I am frustrated and Arren is getting tired of hearing me rant (hens this post)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
UGH I'm just at my wits end and dont know how much more I can take. I almost walked out on Black Friday and have been very close to walking out a few other times as well. but if i do then i will have no income. its kinda a no win situation.

off to pout and plot the demise of the store manager.... j/k

Star
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:40 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Sad It plain sucks Starry One, and I wish I had an answer for you. Like you say though, you need the money to pay bills. I know how little an hour you guys get paid over there. My only suggestion is you move to Australia!! Our dollar is almost on parity and we get paid MUCH higher hourly rates For example I charge $20 an hour to clean people's homes and people jump at it if I worked for a domestic cleaning company they would charge a lot more! Most people working in hospitality get between $13 and $20 an hour or more. The only difference is that we don't tip. Then again food, gas and vehicles cost s lot more here. Shrugs.

Hope it at least makes you feel better to blow off a bit of steam.

HugZ, MG

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 am 
wishonastar

Ty MG,
I know you all get paid alot better down there. trust me the thought has crossed my mind to move out of the US. but see I cant make enough money to save to do so. You all also get health care where we might have the option to have the company pay half. Ugh I guess all I can do is keep applying and hoping something turns up. till then i must refrain the urge to choke stupidity out of people.

Hugs,
Star
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: