BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Oh goddangit! FAFSA why????

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EverydayAngelKarie

Oh goddangit! FAFSA why????

I just figured out why I haven't heard back about Financial Aid from the school I applied and got accepted to in the Fall. I selected the wrong college on my FAFSA application! Five months ago! And I can't fix the mistake. I can't believe this. I'm so sad now. Does anybody have any advice for how I can fix this or what I should do next in an effort to still be able to get some financial aid before the Fall semester starts in August? I really need help. Was hoping some of you ladies might know some tricks or have some advice and suggestions. Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

a freaked out EDA,

Karie

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Eda, I would say the first thing to do would be to contact the financial aid department at the Uni you are interested in attending and explain that you had filed your fafsa in timely fashion and explain your mistake. Speak directly to the director of Financial Aid. Ask for their assistance. They have the inside track. Then contact fafsa by phone if you have to sit on the phone for an hour on hold, and have them forward the completed fafsa to your school. They should be able to do that. Most schools give you a deadline for submitting between March 1 and March 15 from what I understand but I would bet some people do submit them late. Don't try to correct it online. Deal with someone on the phone. I think you might have some luck. Don't panic yet. Good luck. Keep me posted! J P.S. you know what? REverse that... call fafsa first, then call the uni but do both asap. Smile

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:53 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

Aw man! I feel your panic from here, Eda. Luckily, J made some excellent points. I would just suggest contacting the school's financial aid department and then FAFSA. Good luck!

~Eilidh

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: