nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
nature poem, lesbian nature poetry, lesbian nature poems, lesbian nature poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
nature poem, lesbian nature poetry, lesbian nature poems, lesbian nature poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Nature Poetry

Dr McCallum

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
tipple

Dr McCallum

We had a festival this week, Dr McCallum
Dedicated to Science and Learning
and I followed that fiery streak in me
demanding to hear my burning questions
answered - and then drowning
In the unquenchable thirst of curiosity

I learned about great wings, Dr McCallum
Beautiful, filamentous blueprints for flighted life
secreted within the ancient slabs of crumbling history
I learned about great wings, Dr McCallum
Fantastic metal monsters, not living
But the ultimate testament to the ingenuity of life
and I realised how little has changed

260 million years later
Life is still unfolding her wings
And looking to the Horizon.

But not only the horizons ahead, Dr McCallum
But also the horizons overhead
And much, much further off
And it is all very saddening, Dr McCallum
Because I learned also
that we dream of escaping our stifled Earth
and have been dazzled by the light of a hope
too far off to reach us

Because human life is an ephemeral thing, Dr McCallum
And a human life is even shorter

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:04 pm 
poeticrendezvous

Wow, I am surprised no one has responded to this yet. Affectionately it is not your fault nor is it a poem that lacks enticement. Excellent poem!

Poetic ~

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:28 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

tipple,

This is a great poem. I love the story/monologue nature of it.
Well done.

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: