Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
loving poems, loving poetry, loving poem, lesbian love poems, lesbian love poem, lesbian love poetry, loving lesbian poetry, 
loving lesbian poem, loving lesbian poems, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
loving poems, loving poetry, loving poem, lesbian love poems, lesbian love poem, lesbian love poetry, loving lesbian poetry, 
loving lesbian poem, loving lesbian poems, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Love Poetry

Campfire

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EverydayAngelKarie

Campfire

Red-orange hues flicker and dazzle as the burning glow mirrors itself in your eyes. You stand around the flaming pit, leaning in to toast your hands. Turning slowly, roasting evenly on every side like a rotisserie chicken. A firecracker of wood explodes and a halo inferno of sparks dance around your head. I imagine you as the fire god Hephaestus, with your pupils aglow and enticed, infatuated by your flaming ember minions. You smile prophetically, feeding off of the thermal energy, acknowledging the power of your own pyromancy. Then there is me. Cold and shivery, standing unnoticed while your gaze is fixed on the flames. I decide to step forward, and I lean in to warm my icy hands. The heat flares quickly and is almost unbearable on my palms. I imagine myself as your fire nymph, your phoenix bird of burning desire. My hands over the flames catch a slight glance of your attention and your red-orange embers begin to show signs of spite and jealousy towards me and they perform tantrums through my fingers and up towards my icicle strands of hair. The split-ends incinerate quickly like kindling. I am about to stop-drop-roll when you suddenly take control and quickly extinguish the flames on my head with your fire-weathered fingers. I smile, prophetically and in awe. You look into my eyes and we share an electric stare, my eyes now decorated with a similar hue to yours. You reach your warm arm around my shoulder, and we turn simultaneously and feast together on the flames below. I feel the heat rise and fall in my body, I lean in closer to you, and we embrace like two matches waiting to ignite. And at that moment I realize that I am finally hot enough, for you.

(this was written as a prose poem for my poetry workshop a few weeks ago, i liked it and felt like sharing since i haven't posted in a while. also i wanted to say that this just seemed to fit best in the love poetry section, other-wise i would have stuck to my home of the emotional poetry, haha)

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Cyg

Its really good Eve. I mean at first i start reading it and I'm like ok fire, but then I really get into it all and I'm swept away thinking about the one who inspired you to wright it. I can almost see the change in emotions, by the one you are admiring. And it has a very good ending, make me smile Wink

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:29 am 
Avant-garde

EverydayAngelKarie,

I too am guilty of staying on the emotion side of poetry. This brought back some wonderful memories for me. Thank you so much for that.

hugs,

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:57 pm 
EverydayAngelKarie

thanks for the read and the comment, baby. and you're welcome for the memories. Smile

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
EverydayAngelKarie

quote:
Originally posted by Cyg:
Its really good Eve. I mean at first i start reading it and I'm like ok fire, but then I really get into it all and I'm swept away thinking about the one who inspired you to wright it. I can almost see the change in emotions, by the one you are admiring. And it has a very good ending, make me smile Wink

thanks cygg Exclamation

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: