Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Emotional Poetry

Bride

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EverydayAngelKarie

Bride

The beauty of your dress is epitomized in white.

White shimmers
under the sun’s reflection
and curls on the Pacific,
tide rapid and foam-topped.

Your curvaceous body is the white of beauty.

White exists in nature
because it’s visible.
Yet by science
it’s omitted.

Beauty is your white, where I’ve laid my eyes.

White walls wash
this straightjacket temple,
keeping me wild for the pills
in your paper pale cup.

The white of your skin is beauty unveiled.

White has a life wish.
White blood cells mingle with red
until they blur. Pink are the roses
and the Rosé at every white wedding.

Beauty has proposed that we marry in black.

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ae

ROWR!!!

I love this!
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm 
EverydayAngelKarie

thank you very much. ROWR back atcha! ~karie

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
CindyT

angel, super roll...everything's working here...my fav line: Beauty is your white, where I’ve laid my eyes.

Really enjoying all these new posts!

CindyT

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm 
smart_cookie

Oh, fuck you! Here's my pen. I can't really write while bowing and and waving my arms up and down in hosannas. it was cute when you were toddling around at mels, just learning to write. You weren't supposed to get better than everybody. Was this not clear, somehow????

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 pm 
EverydayAngelKarie

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie:
Oh, fuck you! Here's my pen. I can't really write while bowing and and waving my arms up and down in hosannas. it was cute when you were toddling around at mels, just learning to write. You weren't supposed to get better than everybody. Was this not clear, somehow????

Lol, Cookie.

I've grown.
It's true. But
only as much
as I could have,
following in the
footsteps
of you.

In all seriousness though, thank you for the lovely comment. I have been working hard on my poetry, both as a hobby and academically. A creative writing degree is no joke. I thought it was gonna be easy. But they've really got me slaving away at this keyboard, these millions of inkless pens, and scribbled notebooks, and twigs with mud on the end, shoot, anything that will write. I'm surprised my hands haven't permanently cramped yet. This poem Bride in particular endured several months worth of hardcore editing. I've finally decided to let it rest. Seems happy now.

I dunno if you know this but I do a lot with poetry, separate from college. I read a crapload of it, study techniques on my own time, I host monthly open-mic readings, publish a quarterly poetry anthology as well as chapbooks of other people's poetry, and I attend literary festivals and other poetry events constantly. (Bank-Heavy Press is our name if you wanna check it out.) All this has happened in the last two years and let's just say I am poetically fulfilled and it's had a positive effect on my writing for the most part, though a lot of the time the words still just go blehhhhhhhhh on a page and I call it a poem. Smile

And with that silly poem in the beginning of this comment, when I say I have followed in the footsteps of you, I do mean it. Your poems and sense of humor have enlightened me on every read and encounter. I joined this site as a late teen barely getting over some really bad and stupid things. It has been wonderful for me to come here and learn from women like you through reading your poetry.

Thank you, truly. For the encouragement throughout the last six years and helping me grow.

~EDA Karie Exclamation

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 am 
EverydayAngelKarie

quote:
Originally posted by CindyT:
angel, super roll...everything's working here...my fav line: Beauty is your white, where I’ve laid my eyes.

Really enjoying all these new posts!

CindyT

Thanks, Cindy. I'm glad you enjoyed that line, not just because it's good to have someone like it but because it's also my favorite line personally.

When I first wrote it I said it over and over and over again out loud. People probably thought I was nuts.

If my current set of writer's block ends soon, I'll post some more.

I've been enjoying your posts as well.

~EDA Karie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:58 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: