nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
nature poem, lesbian nature poetry, lesbian nature poems, lesbian nature poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
nature poem, lesbian nature poetry, lesbian nature poems, lesbian nature poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem nature, natural, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, nature poetry, nature poems, 
submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Nature Poetry

A Lioness

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smart_cookie

A Lioness

A Lioness
lies
sick.

Her cubs have perished.

She waits to live or die.

Vultures
circle.
They see only an opportunity;

And the hyenas
laugh
and follow those vulgar birds.

Because
a Lioness
lies
sick.

Her cubs have perished.

She waits to live or die,
to rule once more
or turn to bones.

A Lioness
lies
sick.

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:04 pm 
Eiregirl

smart,

That is all to often the case and it is very sad. When someone is hurt others watch and circle.

Lends the lioness a helping hand without a care if it gets chewed off.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
smart_cookie

RAWR! There's some life in the old girl yet! (bats at my catnip mouse)

Arrow

Cookie

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:35 am 
desert-fish

Very Happy

nice poem...have no doubt the old gal will be "rawring" 4 sum time to come...

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:28 pm 
Sunny

Oh Cookie, you and I both know that the lioness will rule once more! Please, face the facts - a lioness doesn't just roll over and play dead, even in the most extreme duress...
Sending gooey hugs!
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
smart_cookie

Hmm...wonder why my reply to Sol-o ended up above her comment?

Anyway, I have to live if only to maul you for the gooeyness, Sunny! I had actually seen something on Animal Planet about a pride of lions. One lioness, the pride's best hunter, had become ill somehow and was just laying there waiting to recover or die. It was heartbreaking. And all the while, her pridemates kept calling for her but couldn't find her. And also, she had lost her cubs. I wanted so badly for her to get up, to find the strength to go back to her family who needed her. But, the vultures began circling, and by doing so, led the hyenas right to her. She was strong enough to face her attackers but she lost her fight. I got so involved with that lioness, and I was just in disbelief that it ended the way it did. It made me cry.

But unlike that unfortunate lioness, the ones who care about me know how to find me, and that will get me through.

OK, this is going to sound really dumb. But ever since I saw that show, I have felt like I wanted to carry that lioness in my heart. I wanted to help her so bad. And I identified with her so much. I guess I feel like, if I don't forget her, and if I can overcome my hurts, then some little part of her lives on. I told you it was dumb. But that's how I feel.

Arrow

Cookie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:03 am 
Sunny

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie_smart:

Anyway, I have to live if only to maul you for the gooeyness, Sunny! I had actually seen something on Animal Planet about a pride of lions. One lioness, the pride's best hunter, had become ill somehow and was just laying there waiting to recover or die. It was heartbreaking. And all the while, her pridemates kept calling for her but couldn't find her. And also, she had lost her cubs. I wanted so badly for her to get up, to find the strength to go back to her family who needed her. But, the vultures began circling, and by doing so, led the hyenas right to her. She was strong enough to face her attackers but she lost her fight. I got so involved with that lioness, and I was just in disbelief that it ended the way it did. It made me cry.

But unlike that unfortunate lioness, the ones who care about me know how to find me, and that will get me through.

OK, this is going to sound really dumb. But ever since I saw that show, I have felt like I wanted to carry that lioness in my heart. I wanted to help her so bad. And I identified with her so much. I guess I feel like, if I don't forget her, and if I can overcome my hurts, then some little part of her lives on. I told you it was dumb. But that's how I feel.

Arrow

Cookie

Hum, but then we'd have to call you dumb_cookie_dumb... and we know that's not so. No it's not dumb, Cookie. It's a beautiful inspiration to continue moving and growing even when the pain seems unbearable. So RAWR! Keep moving, woman, and know that you've got plenty of pridemates to fend of the hyenas and vultures as necessary.

More gooey hugs to you my friend!
Be great!
Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:33 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: