Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
free verse poems, freeverse poem, free verse poem, free verse lesbian poetry, freeverse lesbian poetry, free verse lesbian poems, 
freeverse lesbian poems, free verse lesbian poem, free verse lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
free verse poems, freeverse poem, free verse poem, free verse lesbian poetry, freeverse lesbian poetry, free verse lesbian poems, 
freeverse lesbian poems, free verse lesbian poem, free verse lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Free Verse

fated

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ashelita

fated

would I, could I
enter the periphery of your fate
change your direction, move you towards me
and what if I didn’t, what if I didn’t move towards you
would fate step in and make an adjustment
would fate fling you into my life’s periphery
would our paths still cross
regardless of which way I turn
regardless of which path you take
would fate intervene, and
move fluidly, arriving at the same outcome
are we destined to intersect in this lifetime
or does that depend on our actions, our choices
I wonder, you see, for I’d be bereft to not have you
I think I might just wander the earth
lamenting love’s loss
I think I would walk in a haze
carried along desert winds that whisper your name
believing I’d find you someday
and in the moments that I lose faith
I would cry out to the heavens, curse the gods above, and sink to my knees in utter despair
I wouldn’t see the haunting sunsets
I wouldn’t see the bright blue skies
nor hear the birds sing
I wouldn’t know the measure of joy
I wouldn’t know your love
I’d be in limbo
wondering why I’m wandering
sure that I could hear your words calling me
No, fate wouldn’t do that would it?

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 pm 
desert-fish

Interesting thoughts....but sometimes one has to create one's own fate, don't you think?
sometimes one has to seek before one finds
sometimes you have to take the first step before the pathway becomes obvious
I believe one always has a choice....its not always a a matter of passively waiting for fate...it cannot be

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:54 am 
Ashelita

ah, firstly what I write might not be my belief but rather my feelings – yes, they can diverge sometimes. I’m a romantic of love and the soul – for me love is expressed in the agony & the ecstasy, and the soul depth cries of the likes of Rumi and Rabindranath Tagore underscore one side of my instinctual being. and secondly, I suppose that is a very literal translation of the word fate you use, this was more a use of the word ‘fate’ to express the “I think I’d die without you feeling”.

but, to your comments – from my perspective: yes we do always have a choice, but ‘at what level’ we have a choice is where one’s beliefs/understanding might differ. if we are but a fragment of a larger whole (an energy, or whatever you wish to call it), and in this earthly sojourn we have a limited view of our whole self (which encapsulates all energy), we might see choice as only what’s within this viewable realm – what if the ‘whole’ makes a choice (and that whole has a direct connection with our higher self which we are usually a little out of conscious touch with), that would still be our choice but on a different level. and what if we already made this certain choice, but before we inhabited this body (as a laid out plan we chose to try out) – that’s a choice we made, but not consciously made in this realm (unless reinforcing it of course). I imagine that we have milestones that are quite definitive (in pre-choice & outcome), but the journeys between those milestones are open to a chapter of choices, a variation of routes to an agreed point – that’s the free choice we have here (in this body), that we consciously make & notice. But just because we have a limited knowledge of our total choices made, doesn’t mean they don’t exist on other levels. Thus yes, we have free choice – but there is fate too. the paradox might just be a parallel. the dichotomy! and no, it's not a matter of 'passively waiting for fate' - but that is a fate in itself!
Smile

Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:19 pm 
desert-fish

Lots of food for thought there...I guess I was just responding from my gut...perhaps I am struggling with certain things and your poem just hit the button. Life is so full of odd little contradictions and dichotomies.

What if you can only have what you want when you no longer want it?
It would be awful, because then there would be no point in having it.
And also because if you learned to want what you have,
you would lose it ...

sorry...

I just wish sometimes that i had more control over things

best wishes
desert fish

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:31 pm 
Ashelita

ah, welcome to the world of 'control-freak'. I imagine you've a balance of 'going with the flow' and 'needing to control' - but that whichever way your life is going at the time you will see yourself as one or other of those only.

not knowing what is behind your words I can only respond to the direct question, but you of course will have more meaning behind your question - a more personal experience you equate it with. I really notice how different everyone thinks, how everyone's words have a different meaning, and thus how we all read the same thing differently - but we have to do this because we can generally only equate it with our understanding, our experiences etc. I know what I think blue is, what peach is, what violet is - but a lot might not have the same understanding as me. so when using words like 'love', 'beautiful', 'balanced' we are all going to have a different take on them. and that's where you and I see differently sometimes - my emotive words are put down with my meaning, but for you they are read with your meaning .......... which as you say might confuse you or push your buttons. and at times I'm surprised to see someone see a different perspective to them, but then I understand and see more too.

so ........... to some of those questions to me (after my above usual ramblings!):

"What if you can only have what you want when you no longer want it?
It would be awful, because then there would be no point in having it."

firstly I believe we ultimately create our reality (though even I have problems figuring out why sometimes!), which means I don't believe you can only have what you want when you no longer want it, though I do believe we may create that reality in our life, and life & choices would then seem that way. don't we all do that in different ways, for whatever reasons, not want something when we've got it - really we didn't want it in the first place, we thought we did, but if we don't want it in the end then we didn't really want it. desiring the unavailable comes to mind, not knowing ourselves (or listening to our inner-selves) comes to mind too. if we've made that mistake then I don't think I'd term it 'no point in having it', I think I'd say we shouldn't maintain the mistake - but undo it and learn our lesson by not repeating it (easier said than done I know).

"And also because if you learned to want what you have,
you would lose it ..."

now that is a serious fatalistic view boy. another area where you create your own reality too, if one doesn't believe they deserve it they won't let it be theirs, they'll destroy it. trust, a premium word here.

ash

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 am 
desert-fish

Thanx for your input Ash.....doubtless you are right,

one does read what one wants into another's words...

There is a gloomy fatalistic side to me that I need to conquer....

It is all affected into eternity by the fact that the two women I wanted as a very young girl did not feel the same way....

I am also currently sitting in a job situation I wanted eight years asgo.....but now I am no longer sure that it's what I want....

no Worries I'll live

thanx for your thoughtful responses see?

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:39 am 
Ashelita

yes, I see Smile

just to lastly add, no - it's not 'doubtless you are right' ....

there is no right & wrong, only what each of us take out of everything, what we decide is our own truth. I felt like reciprocating in such discussion, interesting topics/debates, but do not want to be some condesending voice that knows it all (I sure don't!).

a

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: