Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Emotional Poetry

Long Distance Relationship Dance
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Long Distance Relationship Dance

Just how long can we endure
Our long distance relationship dance
Neither of us knows the steps
Advance, retreat
Retreat advance.

Your day is done, weary from work
But here I’ve just awoken
And so we get it wrong again
Broken hearts,
Hearts broken.

Our voices meet in cyberspace
With bodies anchored to the dirt
Of countries in separate hemispheres
Hurt words.
Word s hurt.

Phrases worked with cautious care
Emails sent to try and feel
If unmeant pain can be relieved
Heal wounds,
Wounds heal.

Still we pray, still we try
To keep this precious flame alight
Till one day victors we may be
Might we
We might.

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:51 am 
Moonshine

Ooh I love the reversal of the last two lines of each verse! You know long distance relationships are as old as the hills - they used to be conducted via snailmail, just imagine waiting! Any relationship that makes you feel good is worth it. great write!

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 pm 
nobodysangel

Wow

I so loved this!! So full of emotion. I've had my fair share of long distance realtionships. I learned the hard way that it is just not for me. Both parties have to want it to work, not just one. Both parties have to be mature enough to handle the pitfalls. It just can't work when one party is an adult and the other still a little girl. Sending you many hugs Noni...May your love be strong enough to withstand the test of time. True love always wins in the end Wink

Arrow

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 am 
brachingritualz

Lovely, rhythmic and full of universal truths. I've never done long distance myself, i never thought it would work for me and my needs but i admire you for your strength and perseverance. i wish you the best of luck, you so deserve it Arrow

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:30 am 
Avant-garde

Noni,

Hang in there, long distant relationships can be really tough. I was in one. Then one day I had enough of the distance and I moved to be with her. I wish you two the very best.

take care,

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:56 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Noni,

I hear your frustration. I hope you both the best.

Dance~

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes. Im doing my best to take one day at a time and just keep breathing, but sometimes it's just so damn hard Sad

Baby............I DID move to be with her for one whole glorious year but we have been forced apart by the dictatates of the US Immig. system, so we wait.

HugZ, Noni

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm 
shane

Noni,

great write there =) and may you two keep strong.
In many ways, count your blessings. Some distances are greater even if two people are physically close.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ae

Noni--

You know my thinking as to the subject matter here (but again...ouch!) so I will only speak here to the grace and cleverness of your poetry... and it IS clever, and lyrical, and yet so nailed to the mundane. Remarkable how much of the meaning is bound up in those little pairs of words. Here is where flexible, maleable English beats the hell out of some other, more structurally consistent languages... you do it proud.

Exclamation
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

Noni,

This was so touching & well written!
I know its hard, and I know the emotions and turmoil it takes to try to keep that precious flame lit.
Be strong, my friend.
I'm here if you need me.

(((((((((((((Noni)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hella Hugs,
Xalia

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by ae:
Noni--

You know my thinking as to the subject matter here (but again...ouch!) so I will only speak here to the grace and cleverness of your poetry... and it IS clever, and lyrical, and yet so nailed to the mundane. Remarkable how much of the meaning is bound up in those little pairs of words. Here is where flexible, maleable English beats the hell out of some other, more structurally consistent languages... you do it proud.

Exclamation

I'm humbled that you think that ae, I have to admit to being a bit manic about the wonderful open-endedness of words in the English language, it can leave so much open to individual interpretation.

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:57 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Xalia1:
Noni,

This was so touching & well written!
I know its hard, and I know the emotions and turmoil it takes to try to keep that precious flame lit.
Be strong, my friend.
I'm here if you need me.

Xalia

Ty for reading X. I wonder if you know how much it matters to me that you are 'there', just knowing that by itself it a huge help.

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:00 am 
Dark prism

I am always so impressed by your poetry. You are so clever with how you express yourself.

This poem certainly conveyes the struggle you two share in trying to take the tremendous amount of love you have for each other and fit it into the tiny limited fraction of space and time that you now have, compared to what you had before.

I feel the love you two share, and I hope you can learn the new language that you will need to learn to make this work like it did before you met.....and yet, differently.

You used the word 'dance'. It is a dance, but the routine is different, and the music has changed. You have to learn the steps again, but we women are good at that. I always loved that quote about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. ~~~ "Sure, he was great, but don't forget, Ginger Rogers did everything he did backwards..... and in high heels!"

I do hope you two will dance again.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Noni/Merlin))))))))))))))))))))))))) Arrow

Dp

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:38 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Oh, somehow I missed this reply, apologies.

DP, both of us appreciate the support and caring you have always given and the thought and time you put into your comments.

HugZ, Noni

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:57 pm 
smart_cookie

I'm with ae.

Well, I'm not WITH ae...don't want to start a rumour!

I mean,

I agree with ae.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: