Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Emotional Poetry

Balancing Hope on the Lip of a Bottle

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EverydayAngelKarie

Balancing Hope on the Lip of a Bottle

While spilling facades of intoxication
that sooth my speed and accuracy of fallacy
faster than temptation on the bar stool
in the mysterious corner of a room
where even the bartender doesn't dare serve
a drink more than 80 proof
without proper tax and tip and tipsy-stated customers
I can't help but continue balancing hope on the lip
of this bottle; empty but still lingering in blood
and in brain on the eve of a holiday
meant to be spent in the sun during the day
and in darkness with miniature front-yard explosives
taking flight in showers ten-feet high,
I'm not sure if wishing or thinking is even relevant
right now, and as far as hoping, well it's a broken
form of coping with things that I want that I'm not
going to get, and well, getting is a reciprocal product
of giving, and coping is a challenge with no reliable
way to practice and achieve it, and loving is something I can do,
but loving is something I can balance if my right mind is right,
but balancing...after finishing this bottle is not really balance,
it's just a willingness not to leg-wobble down from any particular challenge...
and a challenge is balancing my hopes for love on the lip of this bottle.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

I really LOVE where you mind goes EDA... I am not going to pretend I understand it exactly but I always get a sense of where you are headed and I appreciate the way you articulate it.

HugZ, MG.

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 am 
EverydayAngelKarie

MG the Mystery,

my mind went everywhere while writing this. 'tis a stream of consciousness poem. "first word best word" is not necessarily right but for this i thought it was good enough. glad ya liked it.

EDA

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
CindyT

Hey Karie, I enoyed this a lot! I love the feeling of it just spilling and pouring out of your (my) mouth, especially when reading it out loud. A good one for the open mic night! Seems to get fairly personal after the fireworks supposedly go off and I can relate to all that you put down. This one made me think introspectively about my life and choices...

Cindy

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: