Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
lesbian poems, emotional poems, emotional poetry, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, emotion, emotional, poem, poems, poetry, emotional lesbian poetry, emotional lesbian poems, lesbian poetry, lesbian poem, 
submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Emotional Poetry

What's Your Name

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
CindyT

What's Your Name

There’s a woman I know works at the store
She checks me out…
At the register
Makes the coffee, mops the floor.

There’s something wrong
with her.
Her whole face is a bunch of scars.
And her skin, all that I can see, is red and purple.

So one day she says to me;
Thank you for the way you smile
At me and not staring,
You know you’re the only one.

All these years I always thought;
She’s beautiful.
It’s something about
the energy of her. I like her so much.

So I say to her;
I think you’re beautiful
and I don’t care about
what my eyes see.

She starts to cry
but it’s hard to see the slow tears.
And with her beautiful lopsided crooked smile
she says to me; What’s your name?

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 pm 
smart_cookie

Now *I'm* crying. I don't know if this is something that happened, or if you invented it, but it's beautiful either way. This just did me in, and I love it.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm 
CindyT

Aawww, smart-cookie...don't cry...well ok go ahead cuz I think that means it was pretty good. I am glad you enjoyed! I am discovering my voice (I know, cliche) but finding I like using different styles. I am resisting classic structures...(I just can't help myself!!!)

This beautiful woman is an amalgamation of people I know...my Mom, a woman I used to work with and another at my local grocery. I'm thinking about developing this into a short love story with me being the lucky girl to find such a beautiful/wonderful woman. What do you think?

CindyT

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

I would say definitely Cindy... go with the story idea cause the poem is gorgeous.

HugZ, MG

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 pm 
smart_cookie

I think it's a great idea!

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 am 
CindyT

You both boost me up!!!! I'll chew on it a while, then germinate, fertilize and tend, and when the story is born she'll land right here on Mels. Cool

CindyT

~we can't choose what we are free to love~

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:17 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: