Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
free verse poems, freeverse poem, free verse poem, free verse lesbian poetry, freeverse lesbian poetry, free verse lesbian poems, 
freeverse lesbian poems, free verse lesbian poem, free verse lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
free verse poems, freeverse poem, free verse poem, free verse lesbian poetry, freeverse lesbian poetry, free verse lesbian poems, 
freeverse lesbian poems, free verse lesbian poem, free verse lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Free verse, freeverse, free, verse, lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, free verse poetry, freeverse poetry, freeverse poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Free Verse

I a phobic homo
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Avant-garde

I a phobic homo

A Christian phobic homo
that's me
Refuse I to bow on bended knee
To those who use God as a tool
To brow beat and caste judgment
He and I have an understanding
Free will

I know he’s there and he loves
I do not hate but humbly respect
No label needs to be place on my brow for that
Yesterday I sat before a cripple girl

Whose faith was bigger than the world
Sweetly she asked where did I attend
Of which I could not burst the bubble she was
So safely placed in
Her religion were her legs
her foundation

Who was I to shake it
So I patiently smiled
And listened to her song
Then after we parted ways
I renewed my vow not to go on bended knee

You see for the same sex I embrace
Time after time I have seen souls
Rendered to shreds for loving so much
As was I
So stand on a religion’s
Platform
Or before it
I will not bow
To any label
That does not love and protect a homo
Like me

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm 
smart_cookie

Your bodyguard perks and appears.

I have several bumper stickers on my car. In addition to Girl Power and Girls Kick Ass, I also have one that says SORRY I MISSED CHURCH BUT I WAS BUSY PRACTICING WITHCRAFT AND BECOMING A LESBIAN, and another that says BORN OK THE FIRST TIME. Thought you'd like to know, hehe.

I found a hilarious web page about Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian...I dont have the addy handy but just google it. You can get tee shirts that say "Jesus told me to hate you" and stuff like that lol. Mrs Betty Bowers; so close to Jesus that he raises the dead so that she can have the last word.

It is really just all so absurd. They have this wonderful loving god who grants free choice, but if you choose wrong, you get tossed into eternal flame and torment. Now, when people do that they call them inhuman psychopaths. Also, this flawless god created us all, yet, apparently, made some of us incorrectly. Huh?

Oh well, some people strive and struggle for greatness, and others are just BORN Lesbians hehe.

(((((Nancy)))))

xox

Cookie

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 pm 
Avant-garde

Cookie,

I will look that up, thanks, I read cards as well as being a fellow carpet muncher, lol so a double wammy for me as well! lol And I am a preacher's kid to boot! Hey on another note the ugli ex is trying to settle out of court since he sees he is not going to win so papers ar being drawn up, keep you fingers crossed!

take care,

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:06 pm 
Eiregirl

baby,

Very nice write...glad to hear things are going well for you in regards to the ex

Eiregirl

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Avant-garde

Eire,

thank you for your support and always for taking time out to read my work. It means a great deal to me..

smiles

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:39 pm 
Xalia1
Moderators

((((Rouse))))

Very well done.
Take care hun.

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Avant-garde

Xalia,

It pleases me that you like this write, thank you.

take care,

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:46 pm 
shane

Rouse, The last four lines speak it all... same here.
Thank your for writing about it and for sharing it.

Hope everything is going good for you.

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Avant-garde

Shane,

wow it has been a long time since I have written this one. Thank you my friend. Yes all is going well, I moved away from that area. Hopefully soon all ties will be broken that still tries to pull me back. I am glad you like and agree with this poem.

take care,

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:02 am 
deadlikeme

I can't help but wonder if her crippled existence wasn't actually a reference to her religion because than you refer to her legs as her religion =x. Besides being a little confused I love the way you wrote it. =]

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:13 am 
Fernanda.F.Rocha

Ruth,
Very well said and better written!! Exclamation
Hugs,
Fernanda

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Avant-garde

quote:
Originally posted by deadlikeme:
I can't help but wonder if her crippled existence wasn't actually a reference to her religion because than you refer to her legs as her religion =x. Besides being a little confused I love the way you wrote it. =]

wow , I see some one has done some digging. Thank you for knocking the dust off of this one. You are very insightful, It is up to the reader to draw their own meaning out of this one. Sorry that I left you confused.

take care,

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 am 
Avant-garde

quote:
Originally posted by Fernanda.F.Rocha:
Ruth,
Very well said and better written!! Exclamation
Hugs,
Fernanda

Well thank you my friend, I am honored that you like this.

smiles,

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:59 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

Nancy,

I don't know how I missed this one the first (and second!) time around, but I'm glad I found it now. This is a beautifully self-aware piece of writing. Good for you!

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie_smart:
I also have one that says SORRY I MISSED CHURCH BUT I WAS BUSY PRACTICING WITHCRAFT AND BECOMING A LESBIAN

Haha, cookie! I just saw this bumper sticker for sale a couple of weeks ago and was millimeters away from buying it. I'm glad to hear it found a home on your car.

~Eilidh

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:39 pm 
Avant-garde

quote:
Originally posted by Eilidh:
Nancy,

I don't know how I missed this one the first (and second!) time around, but I'm glad I found it now. This is a beautifully self-aware piece of writing. Good for you!

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie_smart:
I also have one that says SORRY I MISSED CHURCH BUT I WAS BUSY PRACTICING WITHCRAFT AND BECOMING A LESBIAN

Haha, cookie! I just saw this bumper sticker for sale a couple of weeks ago and was millimeters away from buying it. I'm glad to hear it found a home on your car.

~Eilidh

Eilidh,

You have been digging I see. Thank you for keeping me on my toes and reminding me to continue to write. I really want that bumpersticker though.

hugs.

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: