BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

The Beast Within Revised

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kat222

The Beast Within Revised

There’s a stranger within me, a monster. We share the same eyes, but the beast refuses to see the truth. We wear the same face, but the demon hides our pain behind a stone mask. He has control over my mind. My thoughts are not my own. The beast has a hold of me. I can’t break free.
We see you, though you can’t see us. Why can’t you see us?? A wave of white hot rage washes over us and I cower within the deepest part of me, powerless to stop it. Look at us!! We silently scream. You walk away, oblivious of the torment you cause within us. See me! Release me from this prison!
The first time I saw you, you smiled so sweetly as I passed you by. My heart melted and my knees nearly gave out. It was then that the beast began to stir from his slumber. I was too enchanted by your beauty to take notice. I followed you for days. I couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep. I imagined how good we would be together and my heart ached with longing. Then I saw you with him, kissing, holding hands. And the beast roared within me. You are mine! He took over my thoughts, my actions and I was helpless against him. Now here we are near the end. I beg only for release, some kind of comfort for my wounded heart. But the beast within has far more sinister plans for us, my love.
I see and know the truth, but the beast within only knows his own desire. He will not be denied. You will be mine! You are MINE! My legs move as if of their own accord as we follow you from place to place. If you could only see me, I think desperately. The beast would fade away. We would be saved. But there you are laughing with your friends, enjoying life. How dare you! The beast roars in frustration and anger. He thinks you are laughing at us, though I know we’ve never met. The beast is lost in his fantasies and refuses to see reason.
We walk towards you now. . I want to yell, scream for you to run away, my voice is silent, drowned out by the ringing in my ears. You finally turn and see us. But you do not see me, you see him, the beast. You see his rage, and you are afraid.
You have done nothing, my love, but the beast has won. I can’t save us. I weep as your body crumples to the ground, your blood spilling out onto the pavement. The beast roars in triumph, our hurts avenged.
I slump down next to your dying body. Don’t be afraid, my love, I whisper as I wipe the tears from your eyes. Soon I’ll be with you, to hold and comfort you while we sleep.

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: