BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Emotional Lesbian Stories

What if I just met you today?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mara

What if I just met you today?

What if I just met you today? Would I still walk past you on the street and pretend there you’re not there? Would I, unaware of who you are, have the strength to ignore you? Would I listen to my instincts? Would I just not care? Or would I make the same mistake all over again?

Back then, you overwhelmed me with your grace. You were beautiful. I tried to resist, but I didn’t stand a chance. Somewhere I felt a sting telling me this wasn’t okay. I should have listened to that, but when you came close, it all was forgotten.

It was a warm summer night when I first met you. I knew who you were, of course, everybody knew who you were. When you entered the room, it seemed everyone faded. You were the centre of attention. Somehow you always had that effect. You were the most beautiful person in the room, the most beautiful person I had ever seen. And there you were, looking at me. With just one look you tore down the walls I’ve been setting up so carefully the last few years. How did you do that? From that moment, there was no return.

You put me on a pedestal, I was your everything. You taught me love. You could listen to me for hours if you wanted. When there were decisions to be made, I had a say in your life. We were one, I never knew love like that. I never shared my life so intense with someone. But you made me want to. This was true, this was pure, at least.. I thought. Little did I know what was ahead of me.

That evening when I first met you, you needed love. You made a decision to fall in love that night. How can you do that? How can you just decide to fall in love? You entered the room and looked around. Who was it going to be? You looked hard, but eventually you found me. I was sitting in the back hidden behind the piano. You were intrigued. You chose me. You didn’t want an easy love. You searched carefully for an equal partner.
I wasn’t easy to live with. I am to be not taken for granted. But you fought for it, you made it work. That convinced me, you really wanted this. At first I was suspicious. What were your intentions? But you came to know me so good, you knew. You stepped up and confronted me. You literally said: “Why are you this distrusting? If you can’t trust me, I don’t want this. I love you more than I have ever loved someone, but I need you to believe me. I want this to be sincere.”

That was our turning point. We came to live our dream. This was love as we never knew it could be. We shared our lives and would live a happily ever after. I felt so safe. You made it so easy to love you. I did, even after all this, I still do. Why do I?
Every night we came home from a long day work and we would make dinner together. You would tell me about your day and ask me about mine. We made plans for the future and lived up to that, until you decided you didn’t love me anymore.

I came home one day and found you sitting on our couch. I saw a sparkle in your eyes. Your eyes told a story, but I couldn’t recognize it. Just with one look, there was a distance between us. There you were, full of confidence. I looked around and saw your bags packed. In our living room all kind of things was missing, your things. Was this really happening?
You got up and told me that you moved on. You gave me a kiss and with your head up high, you walked out the door. You never looked back.

I didn’t understand. I felt empty and betrayed. How can you walk away from all of this? What we had was real, wasn’t it? You just left me there: weak, hurt, devastated, perplexed. You just decided to fall out of love with me. Can someone do that?

It was then I realised how much of myself I lost in you. I used to have my own will, I used to be strong. I knew how to have my guards up, but along the path we’ve walked, I stopped being so afraid, I stopped caring. I stopped doing things always my way. I stopped being so strong. Because for you I wanted to be real, you wanted me to be pure.
That was supposed to happen, right? We were supposed to be vulnerable in question to be honest!
Maybe that’s the word, honesty. I was honest, I never led you on, I never pretended. But then again, I think you were too. I think you were sincere. I think you were in love and you were happy. But you just walked out. I guess you didn’t need love anymore.
Now we are you and me again. There is no more us. I think there barely is a me. You are as strong as you ever were, there is a you.

What if I would meet you today? Can I walk past you on the street and pretend you’re not there? Do I have the strength to ignore you, knowing who you are? Can I listen to my instincts? Can I care less? Or would I still fall for you, just as hard as the first time?

Post Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 pm 
angelsheart

shouldn´t have read this one.... Crying or Very sad

Post Fri May 08, 2009 1:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Sad me neither Sad

I think you were sincere. I think you were in love and you were happy. But you just walked out. I guess you didn’t need love anymore.
Now we are you and me again. There is no more us. I think there barely is a me. You are as strong as you ever were, there is a you.

Mara, i feel like you ripped these words from my own heart.

HugZ, Noni

Post Fri May 08, 2009 9:15 am 
angelsheart

well, Noni, if we had hearts where those words could be ripped out from

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Laurian

Just found this,

Lost for words.

In the shells of all these shattered emotions and between the ruins of your walls, know that letting someone close and allowing them to crumble the walls you put up is living.
The result here is sadly capable of devastating a person.
However I hope in time, you will be able to see that you are the person worth of loving and perhaps the other one was attempting to draw you in into a very egocentric relationship.
So I hope that you will keep believing in the possibility of someone new and don't rebuild the walls to high.

Post Sat May 16, 2009 7:27 am 
storybellz

Mara, i just want to let you know how truly touching this post is, on so many levels. And, yes, as someone has already said, i feel like you could've ripped thse words from my own heart....

I may not have had a physically romantic relationship with the one i miss, but emotionally, it was a relationship, no less. And, generally speaking, the one i'm refering to did the same to me, to our friendship. After giving me her word that we would always be friends, she abrumtly cut ties with me. But, i can't really have any hard feelings torwards her, b/c i know that my love for her must have been a bit much to comprehend after a while, especially for a supposedly "straight," married woman. And, like you, i believe she was probably honest about what she said, at the time.

I guess this goes to show that when it comes to the heart, love can hurt it. But, love can heal it too, and that's our saving grace.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: