BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General

Literature Contest for lesbian literature

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Seska

Literature Contest for lesbian literature

Hello everyone!

Yes, it's me! Very Happy I know, it has been ages, since I have been on here. But the last year has been alot of work for me on my book and I wasn't able to write anything else.
Well, actually, I have started something, but it's in german, since my publisher told me to work on my german (grammar etc. got a bit mixed up with english and german).
And, I had to do a lot of changes on 'The trip' and make it - how would you say...hm..."publishable". (Dunno if that word exists Laughing ). The publisher had some things, they wanted to be different (not in the story, but with my writing) and it was, sometimes, a bit hard to change my story so it would be more like the publisher wanted it. But, that's how it is in the 'book/publishing world'. I have to say though, that they helped me alot and I think I have learned alot about writing techniques in the last year.

Anyway, my book will be published in a few weeks in german and I hope the english version will be avaible soon as well. Because - ATTENTION PLEASE - my publisher now has an english shop as well. Smile

And that's what I wanted to tell you all about: This year the LESBIAN LITERATURE CONTEST by my publisher El!es is also open for stories in english!! And since there are so many wonderful writers on here, I thought I'd tell you. Everyone can hand in their lesbian romance story. It has to be 60,000 - 75,000 words long and it has to have a happy ending. After you have handed in the copy of your story, the first few chapters of each contestant's story will be published on the publisher's page and everyone is allowed to vote for their favorite story. You can win a publishing contract by the publisher. This and all other information about the contest you'll find at the following url:

http://www.elles-books.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=59

So, if you dream about publishing your story, this is your chance. It's the contest I took part in last year and where I won my publishing contract for 'The trip'. And, where I hope to be joining in this year as well with a new story (but the german version of the contest).

So, good luck and have fun writing and reading! Hope to read from you soon...

Ses

Exclamation Arrow Exclamation

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:04 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Lovely to hear from you Seska and thanks for the information on the contest. I will look into it but I do think the ruling of 60-75,000 words to be very restrictive. I have stories just shorter and longer than that.

COngratulations on getting your book published and good luck with the new one.

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 am 
Seska

Yes, I know about the thing with the word count. I thought so as well. Mine is longer as well and they wanted me to cut it down to a certain word number. In the end I wasn't able to do so. Dunno what they will do about that now. *lol*

Would have loved to read one of your stories in the contest though. Smile

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Hello again, my little dragon. I actually havent written a new story for some time. Have 4 published on Smashwords, including Amarillo in my Rearview Mirror which at 78,000+ words is the only one even close to the word count for this contest. However without the Epilogue it is around 73,000.

Do you know whether, if they accept a story to be published, if that precludes you from publishing it anywhere else. You see, Smashwords doesnt, you own all the copyright still and can publish elsewhere if your wish. I wouldnt want to have to remove it from there as it sells sporadically.

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am 
Seska

I'm not really sure. But, just ask them. They are just building their english shop. So, maybe they would accept the story even though it has already been published. As long as you're able to remove it from there. Very Happy

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:15 am 
aidyl

Hi Seska

Hope the trimmed down version of The Trip is not too trim, as i loved the story as is. When it is in print in English let me know.

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: