BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Rain on a Summer's Day

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
love_phoenix

Rain on a Summer's Day

Chapter 1

It hadn't been long since Jessy found herself starting to drift asleep in that coach from Oxford to London.

Just hours before she had broken up with her two months boyfriend, while it did hurt her, she was more than aware that the relationship was going to end as soon as she began it.

And as always she knew the reason why.

She felt someone shuffle in the seat next to hers. She heard a girl's voice and opened her eyes.

"I can't sleep when you're snoring" The girl said in a bored tone.

"Excuse me?" Jessy said indignantly, "I don't snore"

"You're a terrible liar Jessica Walsh" The girl smirked, "Considering how I am your best friend, I think I'd know if you snore or not"

Jessy poked her tongue out at Kate..

They had met at the agency where Katherine was already an established design analyst in the fashion department and Jessica was a fresh-out-of-Uni graduate recruited to work as an assitant photographer.

Kate laughed at Jessica and punched her arms slightly.

"Seriously? Poking your tongue out is the best come back you have? God, you act like you're 8, not 28"

Jessica opened her mouth to say something, closed and pouted. This was a guaranteed technique to stop the teasing from Kate.

Just when Kate was about to say something back, the coach came to an abrupt halt.

Jessica looked out through the window and saw that the coach had a flat tire.

"Fucking great" She sulked in her seat.

"Stop swearing all the time" Kate admonished her and punched her arms again.

Jessica looked at her watch. The arrows pointed 3 pm. That meant there was over an hour to reach London.

Her eyes began to close again when she felt another slap to her arms.

Half heartedly she opened her eyes, knowing that Kate wasn't going to let her sleep.

"Alright?" She asked sleepily.

"You'd rather sleep than talk to me?" Kate asked in a teasing tone.

"I talk to you everyday babe"

"You also sleep everyday"

"I don't sleep enough" Jessy argued tiredly.

"But had enough of talking to me?" Kate asked throwing a surprised look at her.

Jessy couldn't argue with a statement like that. So instead, she chose the safer route, grinned and asked "No. That's not what I meant. Anyway what's on your mind?"

Kate sighed, she didn't want to disagree and argue that she had nothing on her mind. Jessy knew her too well to call her bluff.

"I wanted to tell you what happened last night" She looked down and picked on the stitches of her jeans.

"Jake would have called" Jessy stretched. Kate was stunned. She caught Jessy's outstretched hand in hers and with the other one turned her face towards her.

"How do you know?"

Jessy smirked "He asked me for your number yesterday"

"And you gave it to him?" Kate sounded really disappointed.

"What?" Jessy pulled out her hands that were trapped in Kate's and lifted them up as if to surrender. "He was annoying me and I was like 'yeah, Kate's been drooling over him for weeks now anyway, so what the hell..'"

Kate sighed and sank bank into her seat. Jessy knew Kate too well to think that Kate was looking for a relationship with Jake.

Kate would openly flirt with guys, yet would not respond to any advances of romantic nature. Jessy was quite perplexed by Kate's behaviour, but didn't question it.

"You like putting me in these situations. Don't you?" Kate crossed her arms and looked at Jessy accusingly.

"I don't like , I love putting you in these situations" Jessy smiled smugly, which invited yet another slap in her arms.

As Kate got busy with her I-pod, Jessy took a moment to admire her best friend's profile and smiled to herself. She closed her eyes and went down the memory lane to where they first met.
Love is Bullshit. From a biological and heterosexual standpoint its only useful for the the preservation of our species. And from every other stand point it is basically the overworking of hormones and nothing else. Love is a word widely overrated.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:30 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 2

Jessica had just recently joined Adrina Walls Fashion Agency. Her abode in London was a modest one bed flat in Hammersmith. It had only been a day since she began her work as an assistant photographer and been a week since she moved to London, but had already made some quick friends.

The kids and older people in her block just seemed to love her. They easily took to her playfulness and were charmed by the child that could still be seen in her at this age.

On a cool Sunday morning, her car refused to start and she decided to bike to the supermarket to buy groceries needed for the next week.

Her usual route to the supermarket was blocked due to road work and she had to ride around almost three miles to reach the supermarket. Just before she reached the supermarket, a heavy downpour began.

Jessica parked her bike and took shelter in a shop for rain.

As she scanned the road, she saw a girl running to the florist shop in opposite to take shelter for the rain. Her face was half covered by an orange coloured scarf.

The girl began playing with the droplets that were falling from the sunshade and a smile sat on Jessy's lips as she watched the girl. A gentle breeze lifted the scarf and Jessy was pleasantly surprised to see a beautiful girl.

She didn't know how to define the feeling , but she most certainly knew she was attracted to this girl. It was a first. She had never had girl crushes before.

"Could you bring back my umbrella, please?" Jessy shook out of her reverie to find a very cute kid pulling the sleeves on her shirt. She looked up to see his umbrella that had been carried to the sunshade of the shop she had took shelter in.

"Sure love. Just stand here" She tried to reach the umbrella by climbing on the short cement pole that was right next to the sun shade. In a moment of what she would later define as pure embarrassment, she slipped and fell flat on her arse.

Face now bright red, she laughed at herself, slapped the back of her head, got to her feet and reached for the umbrella again. This time she managed to successfully retrieve the umbrella from the top of sunshade and gave it to the kid who cutely repaid the favour with a kiss to her cheek.

The girl in the florist shop who had been watching all that was going on smiled at the cuteness of the whole thing and began to begin her walk in the opposite direction as she noticed that the rain had now stopped.

Jessy smiled at the kid, patted his cheeks and turned to look back for the girl, only to find her gone. Disappointment tugging her heart, she unlocked her bike and began the short ride to the supermarket.
Love is Bullshit. From a biological and heterosexual standpoint its only useful for the the preservation of our species. And from every other stand point it is basically the overworking of hormones and nothing else. Love is a word widely overrated.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:12 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 3

The next day when Jessica went to the office, another junior photographer called Roman started the day off by pestering her to meet some hot chick in their office, so he could use that as an excuse to flirt with her. This 'girl' had apparently won the Miss. Corporate Beauty award for this year.

Jessica rolled her eyes, she regretted making quick friends sometimes. Somehow most of her friends ended up thinking she'd be the best wingman ever.

Just when she was trying to find one hundred and one reasons why she didn't want to be introduced to Miss.Beauty Pageant, her eyes landed on a very beautiful girl walking into the studio lobby.

She was stunned into silence momentarily as realization dawned on her that it was the girl from the florist shop. She gathered herself and rushed towards her to introduce herself.

The girl had noticed the 'umbrella' girl walking towards her. She too was pleasantly surprised to find her in her office.

They smiled at each other as their eyes met and stood their for a while in front of each other, just recollecting the previous day's episodes which turned their smiles even bigger.

Roman who seen Jessy rushing towards the girl, came in between them and said, "Jessy, meet our in house office angel, Kate, the winner of the most prestigious beauty award"

Kate blushed. Surprised for a moment, Jessy quickly recovered and said "Oh is she the hottest chick in whole of London you were talking about?"

Kate raised her chin proudly and smiled even bigger hearing this.

"What is there in her that you were going gaga about? She looks just about ordinary" Jessy said with a shrug of her shoulders.

Roman was shocked by this reply and Kate who was beaming with pride up until then was startled for a moment.

To Kate's irritation, Jessy gave her a once over and said , "Yeah I agree that she looks kinda cute when she smiles, especially those full lips.. I can keep watching them through my camera lens the whole day.. Her face is pretty too, but.."

She paused for effect and continued " Calling her the office angel is just a tad bit too much. I don't understand what makes you drool over her"

Saying this and stunning both of them into silence, Jessy left the place.

"How dare she?.." Kate was fuming by now and Roman looked at her helplessly.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm 
T

more please!!

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:42 pm 
aidyl

I like it, more please Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 am 
love_phoenix

thanks for your response. new update is coming soon.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 4

Totally upset and full of fury Kate reached home that day yelling at her house-mates. Knowing her temper, her house-mates were amused that she had drawn yet another fight that day.

"Who the hell does she think she is? That stupid smile on her face 24*7.."

Seeing that none of them were responding to her and were only smirking at her in response, she went angrily inside her room and threw away her bag.

She said to herself standing in front of the mirror, "Am I just about ordinary? Oh please!! But you can still look at me through your lens the whole day?" She grabbed her teddy bear and threw it to the floor "A smile for everything. I hate you. I freaking hate your smile. I hate everything about you"

While Kate was busy rambling her house mates were whispering among themselves.

"Who is she talking about?" asked Phil, sipping on his beer leisurely.

"Who knows? All I know is it's best to leave an angry Kate alone" replied Anna opening another can of beer.

--------------

Days passed by and Jessy and Kate kept bumping into each other during breaks as they worked in the same floor.

Her teasing talks and the way she openly stared at her annoyed Kate to no end and one fine day she went to her to put an end to this.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" She asked Jessica as she was about to take a sip of her water.

Jessica smirked and said, "Well, hello to you too"

"Just answer my question, dammit"

"I'm a photographer and I like to look at pretty things" Jessica replied paying no attention how infuriated Kate was.

"What if I don't like you doing that?" asked an infuriated Kate, her patience now worn out by the laid back response.

"Then wear a veil" replied Jessy, in the same laid back tone.

Knowing that the conversation has hit a dead end, Kate walked away from Jessica muttering a string of curses under her breath. Jessica smiled to herself, amused by the little blonde's temper.

---------------------

The next day, when Kate was having her tea at the cafeteria, Jessica approached her rather calmly.

"Now what?" Kate asked her disinterestedly.

"Your dad had met an accident and is in the hospital"

"And then?"

Amused by how Kate didn't seem to be bothered about it, Jessica leaned into her chair, "Aren't you worried? Your dad has had an accident, not mine"

Brushing her off, Kate stood up and said " You do understand that I don't give a damn about your fake stories right?" Seeing Jessy was as laid back as ever, she continued, " You would take me out now and then would ask me out for a coffee. Isn't this the usual pick up set up around here? I know too well to.."

Jessica gestured her to stop speaking, "You have over estimated your worth, haven't you? I don't swing that way, besides, even if I swung that way, you'd be the last person on this earth I'd be taking out for coffee. It's your dad, his accident, do whatever you want. Ciao"

Kate wasn't willing to believe a word of what she said, but a phone call from her mum changed everything.

Apparently her dad had met an accident and it was Jessy who had helped him get an ambulance. Her mum did ask Kate to thank Jessy on her behalf. Now embarrassed by her outburst, Kate began to scan the cafeteria for the ever-calm brunette.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 5

Kate found Jessy talking to couple of her colleagues at the lawn. She ran across the ground to meet her in time.

Jessy's colleagues left them alone and made their way to the office building.

"I'm so sorry", Kate said smiling.

"I'm so sorry about today morning. I guess I owe you an apology for being so rude to you while all you did was help my dad"
She said, still panting for air.

"Don't worry about it." Jessy said, smiling rather broadly "I've been mocking you every time we've met. So coming from my mouth, anything would be hard to believe, wouldn't it?"

Kate just smiled.

"How is she now? Is he better?"

"Apparently so, just a ligament tear, nothing major" She paused and looked at her for a second, "You're nice"

"Or probably just acting nice" Jessica added with her trademark laughter.

Finding the laughter contagious, Kate heartily joined in it.

"By the way, I am Jessy", Jessica stretched her hand towards Kate.

Kate gladly took it in hers and replied, "I am Kate"

"Kate? As in 'The Kate'? The office angel?" Jessica asked, pretending to be meeting her for the first time.

Kate trying control her blush and smile, bit her lips and said, "Shut up"

"The beauty pageant", Jessica continued, paying no mind how flushed the other girl looked.

"Shut up"

"Dream girl Kate", she said in an exaggerated slow manner making Kate utter another shut up.

Kate found it hard not to smile when Jessica said, " Especially that smile and those lips. I can stare at them the whole day"

"Enough Jess", Kate smiled and walked away from Jessica, knowing she'd look like she dipped her head in ketchup if she had to keep listening to the compliments thrown her way.

Jessica, having realized that what she had been doing could be constituted as playful flirting, thanked her lucky stars for getting only smiles and blushes in return.

-----------------

It wasn't long before they became good friends. What started as an attraction for Jessica, firmly turned into good friendship and the attraction began to take the back seat as she discovered how close they have become.

Kate invited her over for lunch on a Sunday. Jessy threw over a rather simple white tank top, jumper and jeans to meet her.

Luckily or unluckily (as she would later describe it), she had arrived a bit early and Kate's house mates were out.

Kate, who was wearing only her lingerie and her facepack, was dancing seductively to 'Control Myself', when Jess pushed open the doors to her room.

Unware of the audience, Kate continued dancing and Jessica without an ounce of shame, watched it eagerly with her tongue practically out of her mouth.

When Kate turned around after a pole dance moment, she saw Jessica casually leaning against her door and watching her.

Realizing that she was wearing next to nothing, she shreiked out loud and grabbed a face towel that was nearby.

"W-When did you come?"

"Oh, let me think", the ever present smile grew bigger on Jessica's face, "Do you remember shaking your hips for the line 'her moves were so erotic...'?"

Kate nodded her head in agreement.

"I came just a while before that", Jessica grinned and sat on the couch. "Just one audience request, as you were facing the other way during the routine, can I have one more watch while you're facing me?"

Kate threw a pillow at her and went to the toilet to make herself decent. She couldn't have been more embarrassed if she tried to.

She came back fully dressed few minutes later, still blushing.

"Can we have that lunch now? Starving" Jessica pouted and Kate found her irritation and embarrassment diminishing.

Her housemates arrived shortly and they had their lunch making small talk. When Jessy was about to leave, Kate stopped her and said, "If you let a word out tomorrow about the 'Control Myself' incident, I'll kill you"

Brushing away the threat, Jessica grinned widely. "Actually speaking, up until this minute I had no idea of something like this"

She watched Kate's face distorting with anxiety.

"But after you mentioned, I am thinking how people's response would be to this." Jessica finished with a dramatic pause and said "Let's see" and walked away amidst Kate's hues and threats.

----------------

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 6

Kate entered the studio next day to see Jessy and another guy dancing to 'Control Myself'. There was a group of colleagues around them cheering and hooting.

Kate stormed right to the middle and gestured everyone to keep quiet.

She bursted out saying, "Hello, all of you. Yes I was clad only in a lingerie and dancing to Control Myself yesterday."

"Kate.." Jessica tried to stop her.

"Oh plus I had facepack on my face", Kate continued without paying no heed to Jessica.

"Kate..", Jessica tried to get her attention again.

"And yes I was pole dancing as well. Is there anything else you want to know?" Kate finished and looked around her to find a set of gaping mouths.

Jessy's attempt at stopping her seemed to have gone in vain.

Kate turned to Jessy angrily. "Are you satisfied?" Jessy nodded her head, trying to control her laughter, which further irritated Kate.

"You have to do the exact opposite of what I say, right? I hate you so much right now".

Sylvia, a colleague, interfered and stopped Kate from hurling further abuse at Jessy who stood smiling.

"What's your problem Kate? We were just having a discussion about what we can do for our Christmas party and Jessy suggested we used this song."

As Sylvia kept explaining what happened, Kate stood there totally embarrassed by her outburst. The crowd around them dispersed and Kate went to Jessica, who stood their grinning widely.

"I'm so sorry.." Kate begun, only to be stopped by Jessica.

"I suggest you record this as this has become a norm between us", Jessica said, her smile not faltering for a second.

"Don't you ever get mad at me?", Kate asked suprised.

"You know something Kate? Nothing that makes someone smile is wrong, but even a smile that would hurt others is wrong."

"And that's relevant how?"

"You make me smile, Kate, even when you frown or fight. That's why I don't get mad", Jessica replied in her usual calm and collected tone and Kate just watched her go, the respect for Jessy growing bigger by the moment.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
love_phoenix

Chapter 7

Jessy's flashback came to an abrubt halt, as she felt another slap in her arms.

"Come on weirdo, stop day dreaming. We've reached London"

As Jessy let Kate pull her along to the cab waiting area, she couldn't stop thinking about how the dimension of their relationship has changed ever since that one rainy day in summer a year ago.

Her attraction to her now best friend hadn't diminished even by a fraction, but it had lost its momentum. In it's place, there was a beautiful friendship, where they shared each others joy and sorrows.

Kate would listen to all night about how fickle Jessy's every relationship was and she'd tell her off for being so emotionally distant from her boyfriends. Jessy would act like Kate's wingman whenever a fit guy landed in their radar.

Kate would drag her to the musicals and Jessy would add that to the ' You-owe-me' list. Jessy found it hard to imagine to spend a single day without her.

Yet, she didn't want to analyze her feelings as she knew deep down that Kate was straight and even if she were a guy she didn't stand a chance as Kate seemed bent on crushing any romantic notions by refusing every guy that approached her.

She'd happily join Jessy's mates for a day out to a football match and flirt with them, but if asked out to a movie, dinner or even coffee, her response would be a solid 'no'.

Now the pair had come back to London after a short family vacation up north and they were soon to begin work for a new project.

"Hungry?", Kate asked sympathetically, when Jessy patted her growling stomach.

"Yeah", Jessy nodded with a pout.

Ruffling her hair affectionately, Kate responded, "Soon, the cab will be here soon and when we get home I'll make you spaghetti bolognese you love so much, okay?"

Jessy nodded her head again, too tired to open her mouth to speak.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 pm 
aidyl

Thanks for the new parts Very Happy . I am enjoyin, keep it coming, lol.

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 pm 
lonely_blue_eyes

Can't wait for more

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
aidyl

Some more please. Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: