BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Emotional Lesbian Stories

The Book Club

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
CindyT

The Book Club

It was just a book club at the local library. The flyer on the board at the grocery stated: Members responsibility, to read the books and contribute to the discussion in an intelligent and meaningful way. Refreshments provided.

So I said to myself, why not? I'll join, lord knows I read. Now it's all I do with my time. And I can talk and discuss with the best, but I will leave it up to others to decide if intelligence graces my words. Lord knows I need some stimulation in this one horse no traffic light town in which I live.

I show up on time, 5:30 on the dot, the second Thursday of the month. Our first book up for discussion was about the Lumbee Indians of South Carolina. Some believe the lost colonists of Roanoke joined the Lumbee. Now, the Lumbee includes descendants of those colonists, other whites and blacks that found their way into this isolated community. They are a secretive, beautiful and determined people, hanging on to a precarious existence in a world bent on ignoring them and passing them by.

I had to buy the book off Amazon for my Kindle because the 2 copies in the county library were already reserved by the 2 males of our "group". Yes I am already thinking about this adventure in terms of "our group" , or more precisely "my group".

I have been holed up alone on our 10 acres since Jackie died 8 years ago. It has been all I could do to just breathe for the past 6 years. One day I just woke up and told myself "Enough!" "I'm tired of feeling like I'm dying too!" I told myself, "I may never again have what I had with Jackie, but by god, I deserve some happiness for the life I have left to live."

Silly as it may seem, I almost felt like a young girl again, getting ready for that first meeting. And something else that was new, I was nervous. I was never nervous about new things or new people, until "after Jackie". But I knew I had to make a change. I needed to do something for "me", something to really stimulate my mind. Little did I know this book club would do the trick, and I never ever expected to meet someone new. But I did meet someone, and now I'm reaching for happiness again.[/b]

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Hmmm.. is this all of it Cindy? Or is there more to come? Cause is there is more to come I wonder bout the advisability of telling everyone that the writer meets someone they get involved with so soon. Just a thought.

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:44 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: