BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Spiritual Intervention

Markings on the Wall

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Markings on the Wall

Now this is a very strange story (not scary though), albeit a true one that happened a long time ago!

I don't know how much you believe in the spirit world or in them passing 'signs' to the living, but maybe these incidents will make a believer out of you!

I live in the house that was originally lived in by my partners parents. My partners dad actually died in the house. He died from a heart attack whilst asleep on the settee. Nothing unusual in that I know. The settee was in the living room against the long wall opposite the fire. His head was resting on the side facing the front windows. This all happened several years before I met my partner.

I have done a small diagram to help you visualize where everything is in the room! Blue represents the windows, smaller window is the side of the front garden. Yellow represents doors from the living room. Red is for the fireplace and green is for the settee itself

Well, to cut a long story short, we moved into the house, having bought it from my partner's mum. Nothing strange happened in the first few months, but, at around the time of the anniversary of his death, strange marks began to appear on the wall that the settee had been resting against.

They started as very faint, barely discernible marks and we thought that maybe there were some damp patches coming through; however, the marks became too symmetrical. They looked like this.....

As the days and weeks went on, the marks became more defined and more of the same marks appeared. All symmetrical in shape and symmetrical in increasing size, equidistant from each other and in the form of a perfect semi-arc. The image below gives some idea of what appeared on the wall.

About 1 foot from ceiling
near the front window.

Resting over the side of where
the settee and his head would
have been.

The wall itself was covered with old 'wood-chip' wall paper which had been painted over. The marks started at the top, very faint. Gradually they became darker and the next mark would appear...really faint, and so on until all the marks were on the wall. In effect, the marks worked their way down to 'point' to where my father-in-laws head would have been when he died. This can all be verified by my ex-husband, in case you are already having doubts!

We pondered and wondered what the marks were and eventually got really fed up with them and decided to re-decorate the living room, repainting the walls.

Ok, this solved the problem, the marks were no longer there...or were they?

After several months the marks began to reappear in the same fashion as originally, all symmetrical, all even shapes, all equadistant and in the same place as before!

I am not kidding you that, we wondered and discussed what the cause could be in great depth, but had no answers other than maybe 'damp' under the old wall-paper.

So, what did we do? We re-decorated again of course. This time removing the old wall paper, which, if you have never removed wood chip before, it is real pig to strip!

You might be surprised to know that having stripped the wall paper we had an answer!

It was NOT damp.

There were no markings on the plaster which could explain the marks which appeared through the wall paper and the paint!

We scrubbed the walls and re-papered...and.....well, for the moment the marks have not re-appeared, but I am looking out for them!

So, do you have any ideas what this was about? Was it a sign of some kind left by the spirit world? Was it my ex father-in-law (whom I never met) letting us know he was still around after I married his only child?

What caused the marks? It certainly beats me.

The End

See also 'My Father-in-Law'

See also 'Wall markings'

Last edited by melons on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:28 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

WEll, that is quite interesting. Sometimes ghosts want us to find something. Since it looks like an archway, is there anything near there that has that look?

Is there anything tied to the Father in law that would point to a place like that, a place he liked to visit? Oh is he looking for a doorway to leave? It is a puzzle that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing it.

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:04 pm 
melons
Site Admin

lol...well the kids and I don't live there anymore since we separated a long time ago and this arch event occured around 16 yrs ago ...so it was a long time.....I don't know if it still appears.

I did think maybe it was a message of some kind that I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out. It actually pointed to where he had died..(pleasant eh Shocked ).

All the best,

mel Cool

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:23 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: