BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

coffee therapy

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sapphiredreamz

coffee therapy

Kaylin sat in the far corner of Java Monkey Coffeehouse. Evening would linger for a couple of hours before night comes in velvet darkness. She swirled her straw in vanilla mocha, a sigh escaped her lips.

“Hi there.”

She glanced up slowly. Copper hair glowed in the sunset. The woman’s eyes and smile sparkled with warmth that made Kaylin’s cheeks blushed in red embarrassment. “Can I help you?” she asked.

“Is this seat taken?”

Her eyes darted from table to table. ‘There are a few chairs available,’ Kaylin wanted to say. “You can use it.”

The young woman glided into the chair with petite grace. Tiny wisps of steams rose from her cappuccino. ‘Oh my God,’ she thought dreadfully. ‘I really don’t need this right now.’

“Are you always this shy?” the woman asked. “I don’t bite.”

“I‘m not shy,” Kaylin objected quickly. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest. “Anyways, um...”

“Lisa.”

“That’s a cute name. Mine’s Kaylin.”

“Yours sound cuter than mines,” she giggled. Her laughter echoed like silver bells ringing on Christmas morning. She leaned as if to touch her nose. “So are you here everyday?”

“On occasions,” said Kaylin. “I started coming here more often after my breakup.”

“I’m sorry to here that.” Lisa rested a comforting hand on hers. Kaylin squirmed in her seat. Never in her life had she met someone who cared about a stranger’s problems. “Not to be rude or nosey,” she said, “but what happened between you and your boyfriend?”

“Girlfriend, actually,” she corrected. “We got into a huge argument.” Kaylin explained how a couple of months ago, her girlfriend Chris lost her waitress job of two years.

‘You’ve got to cut down on the spending!’ she once yelled at her.

‘Can’t a girl have a few dollars in her pocket, or do I need permission,’ Chris yelled back.

‘You’re wasting money like it’s no big deal to you!’

‘So?’

‘We’ve got bills to pay! We’re behind two months rent!’

‘Then we’ll use your money, Miss Receptionist.’

‘But--’

‘But nothing! You know what, I’m tired of your bitching. I’m going out for a drink.’ She stormed out the apartment. Kaylin stood in the middle of the living room fighting back tears. Much like what she was doing in the coffeehouse. “Two days later, she was gone,” she finished. “Told me she’d found another girl.”

“To mooch off,” Lisa completed the sentence. Kaylin glanced up from her drink. ‘How would you know?’ she thought.

“I’ve known people like that,” she continued. “My patients complained about their spouses or partners being too absorb in themselves. Everybody acts that way every once in a while.”

“I doubt it.” Kaylin sipped her mocha, grimacing as the cooling drink rushed down her throat.

“People don’t recognize a good thing until their hearts realize it,” said Lisa. “I’m sure this Chris will realize it soon.” She glanced at her watch. “Damn, I have a 6 o’clock appointment. What’s your number?”

‘Does she likes me?’ Kaylin wondered. She took a deep breath and stammered out her phone number. “Don’t f-forget it,” she joked.

“I won’t,” she winked. She juggled her purse and drink in her hands. “It was nice chatting with you. Let’s do it again some time.”

“Here?”

“I was thinking a walk around Piedmont Park. If you don’t mind dogs and joggers.”

“Sounds nice,” she smiled. They said their goodbyes, and the pretty copperhead was out the door. A small smile spread across Kaylin‘s face. She grabbed her purse and walked outside.

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ghost

and then???? nice start, sapphire! keep going!

regards
ghost

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 pm 
mishsana

awesome story would love to hear more of it.

Mish Exclamation

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:23 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: