BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Premonitions

My Voice Tells Me

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Emae29

My Voice Tells Me

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always said, "Something told me..." when something I had known beforehand actually happened. It's always been weird to me that I would hear my own tone of voice in my head telling me when something was going to happen. I have never shared this with anyone until recently. The woman that I call 'Mama' is the first family member with whom I have shared this. And now, I am going to share it with y'all.

When I was a child about 9 or so, my mother and I were driving home. It was raining really hard. We passed this car that was broken down for whatever reason. The street where we were was two lanes. The car was in one lane and we were in the other. As I looked out of the window at this man fiddling around under the hood of his car, I heard my voice saying that he was going to get hit by a car. As we passed him, I turned to look out the back window of the car. Behind us, were two other cars. One was in each lane. They were each trying to go faster than the other. The car in the same lane as the man and his broken down car was trying to get over in front of the car in the other lane. The other car continued to drive alongside of the first car. Neither slowed down. The car in the same lanes as the broken down car hit the car going at a really high rate of speed. The man that was fiddling under the hood of his car was hit by his own car and run over by it from the impact.

When I was in my early twenties, a friend of mine was telling me about her father being in the hospital. I heard my voice tell me that he was going to die. I did not call my friend for a really long time, because I didn't want to have what I already knew, confirmed. When I finally called her a few years later. she told me that he had died not long after the last time she and I had spoken. For the last year or two, I have been hearing my voice saying that the wife of that man has passed on as well. I have not gotten the courage to call my friend and ask how her mom is. I don't want to know that someone I called 'Mama X' is gone.

When a family member was in the hospital a few years ago, I heard my voice tell me that she wasn't going to make it. I didn't say anything to anyone, but I prepared myself for what I knew was coming. Not long afterward, she died.

Last year, I could have won some type of 'pick 3' thingy when I was visiting Texas, but I chose to ignore my voice when it told me to get tickets with various combinations of certain numbers. I had been to two different cities in Texas and had eaten at a couple of places. The ticket number I got in both places ended with 414. I mentioned it to my nephew that I had gotten that number twice. I told him that it was also the ending numbers to his street address. So, he suggested this game, whatever it was. When our caravan stopped, I got a ticket. While I was sitting in my car waiting for everyone else to fill up their cars, my voice said to go back into the store and get more tickets with variations of these numbers... 828 and 418. I didn't listen, because I figured that I didn't want to hold up the caravan. The next morning, my nephew brought me the paper with the winning numbers in it. I have been kicking my own @ss ever since. The numbers for that game were 418!!!!!!! I know... I am crazy!

My voice tells me many things. Sometimes, I choose not to listen, because I don't want to know. I figure that if I ignore it, then perhaps it won't come true. More times than not, it does. I've been told that I should embrace this... 'gift'... is how a friend put it. I am not really all that comfortable knowing when people I know and love are going to die or get hurt. I just wanted to share this with people who have experienced this or something similar, as well.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:44 am 
nancy newcomb

I am replying to Emae29 post regarding voice telling you things. I have the exact same thing going on. I have only told a couple of my friends but never have i ever had anyone else say they had something along the same lines going on. I call this voice the "Just the facts, lady" voice. I suppose I have had it all my life altho didn't become fully aware of it until I was 16. On Dec 8 1975 a police man came to my house; the doorbell rang and I clearly heard in my head the following statement "Your mother is dead."
In fact, she was, she had, unknown to me or anyone else, been killed the night before in a car accident.
the voice never tells me anything good. I often want to never hear it again, at times there will be long gaps in between and I will think well it is gone now. However, I know now it isn't gone. the last time I heard it was four years ago. My dog Sara was sick; I actully was going to pick her up from the vet. however I stopped by the pet store to pick up some food for her; while standing in line that voice popped up and clearly stated "Your going to end up giving that food to so and so for there dog; becasue Sara will die today." I was shocked; she wasn't that sick. I thought, well that was a stupid thing to think and bought the food and left. My dog died 30 minutes later from a heart attack as I brought her home.
I think this voice gives me the creeps. Your luckier than I am with it; I have actully asked for winning lottery numbers just for a change from the whole warning death messages; but everytime I am met by silence. The voice is flat; no emotion, very short to the point messages. But it NEVER has ever given me misinformation and evvery time whatever it says will happen, it happens. Does it creep you out as much as it does me? Where does it come from? It scares me at times to be honest.
nancy newcomb e-mail nancy_newcomb@sbcglobal.net

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:46 pm 
Emae29

Premonitions

Nancy,

I don't find my 'voice' creepy in a scared, frightening sense of the word. It's just odd, because I have always heard it, yet, never equated it with 'Premonitions' until I was telling my mom (sort of adoptive mom) about it recently. She said that she also has 'premonitions' in the form of dreams. Like I, she never really publicized it by telling too many people about it. People tend to think you need psychological evalutations when you start saying things like this. Hence, maybe a handful of people know that I experience this 'voice' of mine.

I had another expeirince with 'my voice' that hit closer to home for me. My brother is currently in the hospital and has been for about 5 months now. I flew home to visit him. After seeing him, I had visions of him, my bioliogical mother, and my sister. Now, this may not seem like much to most people. However, to me, it was frightening. My biological mom passed away when I was a teenager. My sister is HIV+ and my brother is barely hanging on to life. Before my mother passed away, her skin tone became really, really black, compared to what it was when she was healthy. When my sister almost died from pneumonia several years ago, her skin tone darkened as well. When I saw my brother at the hospital, he was as black as his hair. Normall,y we are caramel colored people. So, this was significant in my mind, if no one else's. I couldn't sleep alone the entire time I was there, visiting. I was too scared.

While visions of each of them kept passing through my head, 'my voice' said that my brother wasn't going to make it if he stayed where he was. I talked to my adoptive mom while I was there and she asked me if I had had anymore premonitions. At first, I told her that I hadn't, because I wasn't ready to say anything to anyone about it. Then, she asked specifially if I had had any about my brother; to which I answered that I had indeed had one. I went on to explain it to her. She just told me to pray about it and leave it up to God.

Now, I am not really one to sit by and 'let' things happen as they may. I wasn't ready to let my brother go, just yet. So, I thought that I would give God a helping hand. I stressed to my family over and over again that it was imperative that we move him somewhere else as soon as possible. They all agreed and we began to execute the plan. We were met with lots of 'red tape'. I couldn't stay and fight with my family to have him moved, but I called ever person I could think of to provide assistance with the situation. I had a 3-year-old daughter at home waiting for me.

Since I have returned home, my family has succeeded in having my brother moved to another hospital. The last update that I had this week was that he was doing much better and could possibly be ready to go to a rehab center of some sort in a matter of days. The doctors say that he is a miracle patient to still be alive! Now, he has a long, slow journey ahead of him. He has to learn to walk all over again, but that is a small thing compared to what the outcome could have been. However, I remain hopeful that he will make a full recovery.

So, Nancy, "No, I don't find my voice to be creepy. I think of it as weird... different... And you know what? It's OK to be different."

Post Fri May 18, 2007 10:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: