BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Emotional Lesbian Stories

Faith feedback please

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kat222

Faith feedback please

Ten paces. That’s how many steps it took Tara to reach one end of the softly lit waiting room to the other. Up. Down. Up. Down. Tara glanced up at the clock on the wall. It’s been four hours, and still no news! Up. Down. Up. Down. That God damn car! How many times did I tell her to get rid of it? A fire flared up within Tara, driving her to pace faster. Up. Down. Up. Down.
The door opened. Tara stopped and faced the newcomer. Dr. Albus, Olivia’s surgeon entered the room. “How is she? Tara asked anxiously. “How’s Olivia? Is she alright?”
Dr. Albus took a tentative step foreword. “I’m sorry, Ms. Davis,” he said as gently as he could. “The damage is just too extensive. There’s nothing more we can do.”
Tara shook her head in disbelief. “You’re lying. Where’s Olivia?” She asked frantically. “I need to be there when she wakes up. She’ll be scared if I’m not there.”
“There’s no brain fu…”
“Where’s ‘Livia!” Tara screamed at him.
Dr. Albus stared helplessly at Tara for a moment. “Follow me.” He said finally.

Tara took one look at Olivia’s lifeless body and new the truth. No one could look as bad as she did and survive. Olivia’s head was heavily bandaged but blood still seeped through. Both Olivia’s arms and legs were broken in several places. They had not been put in casts. They were severely swollen and covered with sickly green and purple bruises.
Tara’s heart sank. The hissing of the respirator and beeping of the heart monitor became magnified and pounded in Tara’s head like a sledge hammer. The room started spinning and Tara felt herself falling. Dr. Albus caught her and held her up until she could stand again. This wasn’t happening! This jus can’t be happening!
Dr. Albus laid a comforting hand on Tara’s shoulder. Tara looked up and saw the pity in his eyes. “No!” she screamed at him. She knocked the doctor’s hand off her shoulder and ran.

Tara wandered aimlessly along the painfully bright corridors of the hospital, ignoring the many colored directional lines on the walls and floor. She didn’t care where she was or where she was going. Her life was over.
She can’t be dead! She just can’t be! . Tara’s mind cried out in anguish. Oh, God! She stumbled and fell to the floor with a thud that echoed along the empty corridor. She lay there in a daze. Everything was a foggy haze. She couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe. Her heart was a million shards of shattered glass. Olivia was gone. Her lover, her heart, was gone. She was dying inside. But she couldn’t let go. Not when she was out in the open. And someone was coming. The sound of approaching footsteps penetrated the fog long enough to allow her to get to her feet. Tara glanced wildly around her in search of an escape. She ran down the hall and ducked into the first doorway she came to, just as an orderly rounded the corner at the other end of the hall. She slumped down, her back to the door.
Tara dully took in her surroundings, checking to see if she was alone. There were pews lining an aisle which led to what looked like an alter. Perfect. I’m in the Goddamn Chapel! Behind the altar stood a tall statue of Jesus Christ, his hands extended forth in peace. Tara walked unsteadily towards those welcoming arms, stopping just short of the alter. The Lord’s painted blue eyes seemed to invite her in. They offered comfort and refuge from the pain. Tara walked slowly towards the statue, then, she picked up a hymn book from the pew and flung it, striking the effigy full in the face. “Where were you?! Where were you when she needed you?!” she screamed. Then the last of her strength left her and she collapsed on the floor.
Then they came. Wave after wave of tears flowed unabated down Tara’s cheeks. She curled up her knees and sobbed into her arms, trying desperately to muffle the sounds. She sat that way for what seemed like hours until the tears finally slowed and then stopped. Limp with exhaustion, Tara curled up in a ball and drifted into a restless sleep.

A suffocating darkness surrounded Tara from all sides. She was afraid. The Dark was a lonely painful place. Tara cast around frantically for an escape. A glimmer of light emanated from somewhere off in the distance. Desperate to get away from the painful Dark she half ran, half stumbled towards the calling beacon. If she could just reach the light she would be all right. But the faster she ran the farther away she became, until the blackness overtook her, locking her in with the pain. Tara cried out in fear and pain before collapsing in despair.

A sudden flash of brightness pierced the darkness around her, reaching for her. Where the light touched it the blackness shrank away, until there was nothing left but a calm soothing brilliance. A tendril of pale blue enveloped Tara in its arms. The fear and pain dissipated, leaving only peace and serenity. Another flash of light and Olivia was standing before her. The broken bones and bruises were gone, replaced by beautiful, unblemished skin and perfect limbs wrapped in smooth silk. She was surrounded by an aura the color of the light tendril. The tendril seemed to extend from the aura. Tara sobbed with relief and rushed towards her lover, only to be brought up short by Olivia’s warning hand. “No. Don’t come any closer.” Olivia’s life force began pulling the tendril back into itself and Olivia started to fade.
“No, don’t go!” Tara’s own aura of bright yellow cast out its own reaching fingers, catching hold of the other just as it was wholly absorbed into Olivia. Tara pulled them back with her mind. Blue and yellow fused creating a healing green essence that enveloped both of them. The life bond was solidified once again. Tara gently reached for her lover, tears streaming down her face. “I can’t let you go, I just can’t.”
“I love you, baby.” Olivia wrapped Tara in her arms and they cried in each other’s embrace. Olivia pulled away reluctantly. “I have to go, and you can’t stay.”
“I won’t let you leave me again,” Tara said stubbornly.
Tara slowly became aware of a Presence, a benevolent, but powerful Being that was light. Tara found it difficult to look upon the brilliant radiance. Then It spoke and Its voice was music. “You must leave. Olivia is safe and at peace. I am here.”
Tara didn’t move. “I need her with me.”
“She will always be with you.”
“What, in spirit? That’s not good enough!” Tara snapped angrily.
The air bristled with electricity and power, causing Tara to cower in terror. But the storm receded and was replaced by sympathy and understanding.
“You are hurt and have lost a part of your heart. For this reason I have allowed Olivia to say goodbye, but now you must let go. You will only hurt yourself more.” Tara felt a gentle push slowly nudging her away from Olivia.
She firmly planted her feet and refused to budge. “I’m not leaving without her.” She proclaimed in defiance. Again she felt the building of incredible power, but this time she did not back down. It was better to die than to leave her lover behind.
And again the mounting storm receded, leaving a thoughtful calm in its place.
“There is a way,” The Presence said after what seemed like an eternity of contemplation. “What will you give?”
Tara stared in momentary confusion. Then the enormity of the question hit her full in the face and she new what she had to do. She bowed her head in submission and replied softly. “I will give You my life, my soul.”
Olivia stepped forward, suddenly afraid. “Tara! No.! You don’t know what you’re saying.”
Tara reached for Olivia’s hands and held them in her own. “Yes I do.” Tara closed her eyes, placing her hands gently on Olivia’s chest. Tara’s love and life essence pored into Olivia, until her aura shown blue again, stronger and brighter than before. Tara fell to the ground. Olivia cried out and rushed to her lover’s side. The Presence stopped her. “Wait, little one.” He knelt beside Tara’s lifeless body, gently kissing her forehead. “Sleep, my child. All will be well. I am here.”

Tara awoke to some one shaking her. It was Dr. Albus. “Ms. Davis. Ms Davis, come quickly”
“What is it?” she asked groggily.
“Come quick!” Tara struggled to her feet, and the two raced back to the ICU, stopping just outside Olivia’s room. “I’ve never seen anything like it, Ms. Davis. It’s a miracle…”

Dr. Albus gently nudged her through the door. “She’s been asking for you,” he said softly.
The door to Olivia’s room shut quietly behind her. Tara didn’t dare move, unwilling to look at the person lying on the bed. She was afraid Dr. Albus would come back and say that there had been a mix up, and it had been really someone else’s miracle. Tara gradually became aware of a calming silence. She looked up startled. The hissing of the respirator was gone. The noisy machine had been taken out! This small change gave Tara the strength she needed. She approached the bed.
What she saw there made her cry out loud. The bruises were still there, and her limbs still broken, but there was life now, where only death had lingered a few hours before. The skin was rosy pink with only a slight hint of illness. The tubes were gone, replaced by a lone oxygen mask. Olivia lay peacefully, breathing on her own.
Olivia opened her eyes to find Tara leaning over her, tears streaming down her face. She gingerly lifted her hand to wipe away the tears, using the other bandaged hand to remove the mask. “Don’t cry, baby,” she croaked in a raspy voice. “It’s okay now.”
Tara clutched Olivia’s hand to her chest. “I thought I’d lost you,” she whispered.
“You came for me.”
“I love you, ‘Livia. I couldn’t let you go.” Olivia started to smile when a spasm of pain racked her body. She gasped in pain, clutching Tara’s hand. Tara grabbed a wet towel from a nearby basin and wiped beads of sweat from Olivia’s face, whispering comforting words until the spell had passed. Tara pulled up a chair and gently brushed Olivia’s damp hair out of her eyes. “Try to get some sleep, baby. I’ll be right here.” Olivia obediently closed her eyes. Tara rested her head on the side of the bed.
The surgeon came back a few minutes later and found them both asleep. He decided his tests could wait and left the women to themselves.

Olivia sat impatiently on the edge of her hospital bed. The last few months had been. Tara had spent countless days and nights at Olivia’s bedside, driving away her nightmares and easing her pain as best she could. The bruises had healed and, after numerous surgeries, her mangled limbs were finally on the mend. It was time to go home.
After flipping through the channels on the television for the hundredth time, Olivia decided she had had enough. She called for a nurse on the intercom and minutes later she was wheeled to the chapel.

Tara found her sitting in front of the alter staring at the statue of Jesus Christ. She quietly walked down the aisle and set a dozen red roses in Olivia’s lap. “Hi, baby,” Tara said, gently placing a hand on Olivia’s shoulder, and kissing lightly on the cheek.
Olivia beamed. “Oh, honey, these are beautiful.” She lifted the roses to her nose. “They smell wonderful.”
“You’re welcome.” Tara kissed the top of Olivia’s head then sat in the pew next to the wheelchair. “I knew I’d find you here.”
“I got tired of waiting.”
“Traffic was a mess. I’m sorry I made you wait.”
Olivia gestured to the statue. “Isn’t it beautiful?”
Tara looked into the blue eyes of the effigy that had once offered the peace she had refused. “I never could bring my self to believe in Him,” she said almost to herself. “My parents preached Hellfire and Damnation to me my whole life. When I finally got up the courage to tell them who I was, they said I would burn and spend eternity in never ending torment before kicking me out of the house.”
A lone tear made it’s way down Tara‘s cheek, her mind recoiled at the memory of that terrible day. Olivia took Tara’s hand in her own, offering what comfort she could. Tara gave it a squeeze and wiped the tear away.
“I blamed Him. I refuse to believe in Him or the church that damned me to Hell. But I was wrong.” Tara looked at Olivia with wonder in her eyes. He knows me, ‘Livia. He knows what I’m about. And he knows what love is because he gave you back to me.” Tara’s gaze went back to the statue. “I get it now.”
Olivia waited patiently for Tara to continue but she would say no more. The two women sat in silence, arms wrapped around each other, bathed in the light of peace and love. And something new, a light that Olivia had known her whole life and something Tara was only now beginning to understand. That something was called faith. Tara found it and she swore she would never lose it again. Tara rose from her seat, and taking a single rose from Olivia’s lap, slowly walked to the statue, laying the rose in His outstretched arms. “Thank you,” she whispered. Then she turned the wheelchair around.” Let’s go home.”

Last edited by Kat222 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:57 am 
RedIsTheNewBlackBabe

This was a stunning write.. regardless of my personal lack of faith i think you've done well Kat!!!

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kat222

thank you very much! i was wondering if the content was turning people off. i'm not trying to push religion on anybody.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:40 am 
shanelvr

Kat,
I think you have done a great job! Smile
Shanelvr Exclamation

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Allison

Kat..... I have tears in my eyes while reading this very touching story. What an excellent write. I look forward to reading more of your work soon.

Alli

Post Tue May 29, 2007 10:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
bleu

Re: Faith

Kat,

This is very nice.

~bleu

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:15 am 
angelsheart

Excelent, Kat! ... Excelent!!! ...

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: