BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

For the Love of Laundry (complete)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
twilight

For the Love of Laundry (complete)

Well, I have been writng alot of poerty lately and thought I would try a little story. I might add more to it if this is well recieved. Writing is helping me fill the time while I wait for some of you truly awesome ladies add to your stories. Well, here goes....

For the Love of Laundry

I rushed in the door with my half price slushy. Blue ocean water. This has to be my favorite time of the week. For two hours I can lose myself in the smell of clean clothes, the feel of warm laundry, and the sight of a precisely folded wardrobe. These are a few of my favorite things.

I start the first washer on the hottest setting. Adding the soap and a dash of bleach. The other two washers get started on cold with their own portions of soap. I love this liquid with its relaxing lavender scent. I carefully sort my laundry into the washers. Whites in the first washer, colors in the second, and jeans in the third. Finally, I pull out the little mesh bag with my delicates inside. This bag I place in the final washer and change the setting to delicate. I add the special soap and begin the cycle.

After I strategically place my laundry baskets on the folding table nearest me, I sit down to enjoy the glorious white noise of spinning washers and tumbling dryers. I pull out of my bag a notebook and begin to write down some of the thoughts I had earlier. A thought forms in my head and as it takes shape I doodle in the border of my page.

I hear a washer open, and glance up and see a woman taking her laundry out of the row of machines across from mine. I take a second look, hiding behind my notebook. Dark ash blonde hair, cut short with a slight spike on top, piercing blue eyes, with that look about her face that says she smiles often. Like she is now. She has on tight Levi’s and a white t shirt. And a giggle escapes my lips as I notice no socks with her tennis shoes. Must have really been time for laundry to be done.

I go back to my writing and wait for my washers to be done. Suddenly it seems that whatever thoughts I had have flown the coop. I close my notebook and am saved from inactivity by the sound of my whites finishing their final spin.

I switch the loads from the washers to the dryers using one of the carts. I lament in my head that they ought to make these taller. I only use the upper dryers in the rows. The only thing I hate about laundry is the bending. Finally I pull out my delicates and take them out to my car. I never do anything more than wash them in the laundry mat. No reason to air that laundry for everyone to see, and luckily they are fairly dry by the spinning of the washer.

I go back inside and she (you know who I am talking about, right?) asks me if I left a t shirt in the washer. It is mine. It has two female symbols on the edge of the sleeve. “Ummm, yes, it is” “The attendant asked while you were putting those things in your car.”

I try to act nonchalant as I take the shirt and go over to put it in the appropriate dryer. She is hot, I think to myself. I sit back down and since thoughts are not taking form, I pick up my cell phone to play tetris while I wait. It does give me opportunity to glance now and then at that woman sitting across from me at her own folding table.

I try to concentrate on my game. Turn this set that way and drop them there. Those go there, and….

“Excuse me. Could I use that cart under your table?” “Ummm, ya, “ I reply.

Pushing it out to her, I realize that I am not really concentrating on the game. Luckily, right then I get a text from my best friend.
How is laundry going?
Interesting! (I return as I notice Her toss boxer briefs in the bottom of her laundry bag)
Do tell!
I will when I get done. Tea at your house?
Yes CU then.

Just then the first dryer stops. And I have to ask for my cart back. “Ummm, are you done with the cart?” “Yes, and by the way my name is Taylor” “Well, nice to meet you, Taylor. My name is Aimee. And thank you.”
I admire her assets as she picks up her bag, and then quickly lean down to push the cart to my dryers. I empty them and begin my precision folding. Out the row of windows I watch Taylor strap the laundry bag on the back of her Harley and put on her helmet. She climbs on and drives out of the paring lot. Ummm, what am I dong. Oh, I give up. I throw my laundry all into the baskets and take my things out to my car. I need to talk to my best friend. Karli is not going to believe this.

Feedback is greatly appreciated, ladies!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Last edited by twilight on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
sillywolf

awesome twi... interesting start but please continue! Wink

Silly Exclamation

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
twilight

Silly, If everyone likes it as well as you seem to I will continue. I have a few ideas on how to continue it. Just trying to work it out in my mind. I will try not to keep you waiting.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Allison

Oh my. Spiky hair, blue eyes AND a Harley. I never knew laundry could be so exciting. Great start, so what time tonight are you adding the next part? Wink Keep it coming.

Alli

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
twilight

Actually I will be writing it after supper... I debated what should happen next all day at work. Should have the next bit up before bedtime for me... sometime in the next 4 hours or so.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 pm 
Allison

Write it girlie!!

Alli

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
twilight

Now who needs to practice patience, Alli?

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:49 pm 
twilight

Each day, as I pulled on a fresh shirt, I smelled light lavender. That scent alone would call to mind Taylor’s face. Somehow, my week went better, faster than normal. I could hardly wait for Saturday afternoon to arrive.

At one thirty I had my laundry loaded in my back seat, I was going to the laundry mat right after I stopped for a drink at the drive in. It is a gloomy day so I think that a cherry limeade sounds delightful. I order an extra large with extra cherry. When Katie brings it out she winks as she hands me my change. “I put two cherries inside, just for you, Sweetie” I giggle a “thank you” and drive across the street to the laundry mat.

My heart drops as I see that very bike I was looking for pulling out of the other drive. Darn it! I unload my laundry. Start the washers. I am just going through the motions it seems. I grab my stain spray and pretreat the stain on my favorite t shirt. I scrub it with a brush, and scrub, and scrub… Wait it is not the shirt’s fault I am in a bad mood.

As I toss the shirt in the washer the sky thunders. Rain deluges the parking lot. Perfect. Just what I need today. I go through the ritual of laundry. And thankfully the rain lets up a bit. Just enough for me to get my baskets of fresh laundry to the car without them getting too wet.

The week passes so uneventfully. It was silly of me to get my hopes wrapped around a chance meeting in the laundry mat. You would think I was some love struck teenager. Kelsi tries to cheer me up when we went for drinks Thursday night . “Come on. It’s only a week till your thirtieth birthday. “ She proceeds to tell me who all is going to be there. Along with all the gossip. Who is dating who and what their partner is doing behind their back. Drama, I guess.

Saturday is laundry day again. I don’t even stop at the drive in. Just am not feeling it today. I pull into the parking lot and try to keep from looking for her bike. It is not there, so why did I bother. I park. Pop the trunk and gather my bag. As I step around the car, she is there. Right at my trunk. “Need some help?” “Uhh , sure, Taylor.” Her bike is not here. I looked again. A million thoughts are running through my head.

Taylor helps me by carrying the biggest of my baskets. She beats me to the door and holds it open as I maneuver around her with the basket I have. She sets the basket next to her blue laundry bag. Turns around and heads back out to get the last basket. I want to scream, wait. That is the basket with my delicates. I know I am blushing as she comes back with the small basket. I take it from her quickly and then go to the attendant to get quarters.

We go about doing laundry making small talk as we work. Like me, she likes Chinese food. I helped her treat the sweet and sour sauce stain on her powder blue t shirt. I want to see that t shirt on her. It seems to match her eyes. She likes jamming to eighties music, too. I learn that when she sings along to a Pat Benetar song that floats in the air from some hidden radio. Before I know it, the last dryer is buzzing.

We fold laundry. Me precisely and Taylor throwing it all in her bag. “Umm, Aimee, can I ask you a favor?” “Sure” “Could you possibly give me a ride home? My brother brought me here. He said he would pick me up when I called. I hate to bother him though. He only gets today off this week and he really ought to spend it with his family.” “Well, no problem there. I was wondering where your bike was.” “Oh, the carburetor was acting up and I did not have time to tear into it and make it in time to see if you were here.” “Oh!” I blush.

We finish and I load my laundry in the trunk while Taylor puts her in the back seat. She offers to treat me to a coffee at the local bookstore and I accept before I think. I do not even drink coffee. She orders a large coffee, black. I come to my senses and order an herbal tea.

We talk a bit about our lives a little bit. Taylor works campus police at the local university. Goes around 5 days a week writing parking tickets and making sure the frat boys are kept in check. I tell her about my temp job. I work a different job each week. I have done everything from removing wallpaper for a home remodel to vacuuming floors in a five star hotel.

As we get ready to go, my phone chimes. It’s a text message from Kelsi. “Where R U?” Quickly, I text back, “Tell U when I get there”

“Who was that?” I explain that it was my best friend. As soon as I drop you off she and I are going shopping for a new outfit for my birthday party that is on Thursday. “Oh, can I be invited?” Oh my goodness she is direct. I like that! “Umm, ya, it is Thursday at nine o’clock at Claire’s Bar. Do you know it?” She took directions down on a scrap of paper she found in my car. Before I know it we are pulling in at her apartment complex. She looks at me. I can’t help but stare into those sexy blue eyes. She kisses me quickly but softly. She grabs her bag and walks into the courtyard. Is that a slight skip I see to her step?

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:01 am 
Allison

Very, very nice add. I like where this is going Wink

Alli

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 am 
twilight

Well, hopefully I do not try your patience waiting too long for the next part. Unlike some other people. ummhem! Anyway, it is flowing fairly easily for my first attempt at a story. I am glad you like it, Allison, that means a lot.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:29 am 
Allison

Patience? I never said I had patience....grins. So get to writing while it is hot on your mind Wink

Alli

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 am 
twilight

I see how it is Alli.... giggle, giggle.... I will more than likely post the next part tomorrow night for my impatient friend.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 am 
sillywolf

nice add twi! i like the story... i wanna do laundry there! lol

Silly Exclamation

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
twilight

Kelsi accosts me in the driveway when I pull up. “Where have you been? Tell me everything. It was her, wasn’t it? Taylor, right? So…..” As she pauses for a breath I quickly answer before she starts again. “Coffee. It was wonderful. Yes. Correct. So she is coming to the party Thursday.” Whew! “Great,” she starts again, “then get back in your car… we definitely need to shop for you something now… my treat, remember”

As we travel to the mall, I fill her in on all the details. She is excited for me. She knows that it has been a long time since I have allowed myself to feel attraction. Not since Jillian, but that is another story for another day. At the mall, Kelsi drags me to a boutique that I know is way too expensive, I have never even dared step into it. She reminds me it is her treat and drags me to the dressing room. She has the attendant let me in and tells me to get ready to try on everything in the store… I think she is kidding. I am wrong, obviously. The outfit that Kelsi likes best is something I would never choose, it is too ummmm, well, anyway. Kelsi hands her credit card to the clerk and the outfit is in the bag.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I work in a frozen food warehouse packaging strawberries and blueberries for distribution to restaurants and wherever else. By Wednesday night I am miserable. Sneezing, coughing and achy. Thank goodness I took the rest of the week off, because of my birthday. This figures though. The biggest excitement in my love life for like 6 months and I am sick for it. I go to bed early and hope for a better tomorrow.

I don’t even hear my alarm in the morning. Finally, I wake in the late morning to pounding on my door. I throw on my robe and stumble to the door. I do not even feign surprise. It is Kelsi. “Wake up sleepy, birthday, girl. I am hear to help you get ready. After I talked to you last night, I knew you would probably just throw on your jeans at 8:30 and call it good. No way. You have a date tonight.”

Sigh. Whatever. I check my cell, maybe she called or texted to say she can’t make it. Then I can go back to bed and forget today exists. No such luck. Only birthday wishes from my mom, sister, and a couple friends.

Kelsi fixes me a lunch of chicken soup from the deli down the street I picked up last night. Forces me to take a long, hot shower with a mentholated discus in there with me. It helps and by evening I am feeling better. Not perfect, but better. T, Kelsi’s partner brings us takeout fried chicken for supper. My favorite. My friends treat me right. Giggle.

G leaves to get ready, and meet us at the bar. Kelsi sets my hair on hot rollers, and while I sit there in panties and a white button down shirt, applies my make up. The rollers come down and the cloud of hairspray rolls in. I put on the top Kelsi bought. It is a lavender knit top that clings to every curve and wraps around my revealing a very deep v neckline. “If you got them, flaunt them. I don’t.” I glance at nearly A chest and laugh. Next I slip into the flowing skirt that is a pattern of cobalt, lavender and teal. It is shorter than I choose normally. It barely reaches mid thigh. I slip on my sandals and think I am finally ready. Not yet. Kelsi finishes the look by placing a delicate chain around my neck. I admire the amethyst dangling from the chain. This is one of my favorite pieces. But I hadn’t even thought to wear it tonight. I don’t mind dressing up, I just generally do not bother.

We get to Claire’s by 8:45. T has already reserved three tables for us and a pile of gifts is forming in the middle. I glance around and don’t see Taylor. Nervous I break away from Kelsi to visit the ladies room. When I return she still is not there. Oh, well. I play a quick game of pool with T. I lose, what is new? I glance at the clock… it is 9:30. Maybe she is not coming after all.

Kelsi brings out the cake. It is respectable so evidently Kelsi chose it not T. If T chose it, I am sure it would have had boobies or worse on it. To an off key round of ‘Happy Birthday’ I blow out the candles and make a wish. I open my eyes to her walking through the door. Black jeans, and a dove grey dress shirt open to reveal a black tank underneath.

She approaches me tentatively, “Sorry I was late. I was going to call, but I realized that I do not have your number.” She sets down a beautiful wrapped gift and quickly we exchange numbers. “Don’t want to risk that happening again,” Taylor teases.

As Kelsi passes around cake to all, I begin to open gifts. Taylor hides hers under the table. I got a dvd of one of my favorite movies, perfume, lip gloss, and a few other very nice things. I am dieing to know what is in Taylor’s gift. Just as I am about to ask her to hand it to me, she asks me to dance.

We catch the tail end of a line dance, that I stumble through. The next song is a slow one. Taylor leads so well that I forget that I do not know how to do anything but the eighties sway. Soon we are spinning and dancing like we have been together for years. I feel amazing.

We dance for hours. Crazy little group dances. Line dances that I still don’t know. And several more slow ones that never last long enough. Only stopping occasionally for a drink or a moment to talk to my friends. At one, Taylor leads me back to the table.

“I am sorry, Hun. I really need to go. I have to be at work at 6:30. I will call, now that I have your number.”

She gently, but passionately kisses me good bye and disappears into the crowd towards the door.

I sigh, but then I notice her gift under the table. Quickly I open the card. “Birthday wishes to a special lady” is scrawled under the manufactured message. It is signed in the same scribble “Taylor”. I open the box, carefully preserving the paper and ribbons. Inside is a bottle of my favorite laundry soap, fabric softener, and a new delicates bag. In the mesh bag is a gift card to the drive in across from the laundry mat and a note that says “I will see you Saturday.“

Post Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 pm 
lina

i like the story Smile

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: