BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

For the Love of Laundry (complete)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
twilight

Teaser for tomorrow's addition...

Friday I tried to pass the time writing and playing on the computer. That is after I slept in. The day seemed to creep along. Kelsi called about 1 and wanted to know what I was up to. Nothing much, I guess. I flip through the channels and find one of those Lifetime movies. Something about a teen in trouble. I watch at it, but don’t really follow it. I drift in and out of dreams…. Last night was wonderful.

Suddenly the phone rings. Glancing at the screen, I see it is Taylor. Wait, what, It is Taylor!! Oh my goodness. Quickly I answer it. Tentatively I say, “Hello.” She answers and somehow I think she is just as nervous. All our worry was for nothing though. Before long we are chatting as comfortably as we did at the coffee house last week. My stomach rumbles and I think she hears it so I apologize. Then we laugh, because she did not hear it. She takes the opportunity of our laughter to invite me to dinner. I share that I really do not feel like getting dressed to go out. I have been lounging in my pajamas all day. She laughs and offers to come over and bring pizza with her. That I agree to. We say goodbye.

I panic. Ok, now I cannot get dressed, because I told her I was in my pajamas. I at least slip on a bra. Socks, too, cause my feet are cold. I make sure I have cold sodas and beers in the refrigerator. Ok, now I run a brush through my hair and … Oh, my goodness, I am panicing over nothing. I text Kelsi that Taylor is coming over for pizza. Mostly so she will not call and interrupt things if things happen. Before I know it she is at my door. There is her confident knock on the door.

I let her in and see she has brought a three pizzas and two movies. “I wasn’t sure what kind of pizza you liked. I brought cheese, pepperoni and an all meat special that I love. The movies I had at the house. ‘Coyote Ugly’ and ‘The Sound of Music’. Kind of silly movies, but I love them both”

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

This is coming along micely Twi, very cute so far. Now, if only Alli wrote as fast as you do LOL

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am 
twilight

I did not realize how hungry I was. I eat 3 pieces of the all meat special. Oh, and a piece of cheese pizza. I wash it down with a cold bud light. Taylor eats just two pieces of the specialty pizza. We laugh and talk and really say nothing at all. Just talk about silly stuff. Favorite colors, what the last book we read was, and whatever else fills our conversation.

After pizza, set up the dvds in the machine. Last Christmas, I treated myself to a surround sound system and high end dvd player. I put in both movies and we start with ‘Coyote Ugly’. I love this movie and Taylor and I take turns quoting lines through out the entire thing.

I pop some popcorn to share during ‘The sound of Music’. It has been a long time since I have seen this movie, but it is a classic. Taylor and I are sharing the loveseat, so I ask if she minds if I lean against her. “Of course I don’t mind.” I snuggle up to her and she plays with my hair. I haven’t even bothered to put it up today. I giggle a bit, Taylor is singing along under her breath. I wouldn’t even have noticed if I was not laying against her chest. I feel so relaxed, so comfortable. This quiet companionship feels so good, I don’t want to spoil it. I hope that Taylor is enjoying the time we spend together too.

I wake up and the screen is playing the options menu. I must have fallen asleep, but Taylor is asleep too. I ease myself up off of her gently. I check the time on my phone. It is midnight. I will just leave her sleeping. She looks so peaceful. I cover her with a throw blanket. I creep to my bedroom, and check the text messages that came in while we are watching the movie. Three from Kelsi. She wants to know how things went with Taylor. The last one reads, “Aimee, is she still there?” It was sent just fifteen minutes ago. I call her.

“Goodness, girl just tell me did you get some?” She doesn’t even say hello. I fill her in that Taylor and I fell asleep watching movies. When she hears that Taylor is still on my loveseat she insists on letting me go. I insist that nothing is going on or is going to tonight, but she says she is going to let me go anyway. I promise to call her in the morning.

I wash my face and crawl between my covers. I drift back to sleep as I notice the faint breathing sounds of Taylor from the living room.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twilight

I am trying to write a bit each night. It is sometimes hard to squeeze it in between my kiddos wanting their time on the computer. Tonight's add was shorter, but I hope to add more soon. Friday night might be hard though with spirit night at the school. May have to wait til Saturday morning ladies!

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:02 am 
Allison

Awww Noni ;-( Great additions Twi. I definitely need the address to this laundry.

Alli

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
twilight

Well, me too, Allison. Unfortunately, it only exisists in my imagination. I am enjoying this outlet of writing. Wish I had more time!

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:07 am 
twilight

I awoke to the sound of the door closing. Groggily, I stretch and slip out of bed. 7:09 am. Door? Taylor? I slip out of bed and put on my robe and slippers. I stumble out to the living room. I glance over and see Taylor in the kitchen at the table. “Good Morning, Sweetheart” she greets me. “Uh, Morning?” She tells me that she slipped out when she woke up to get coffee. I do not have a coffee pot seeing how I don’t drink it. “Uh, do you mind if I take a quick shower to wake up?” I ask. “You do what you need to… I will wait here. It is your house.” “Thank you, I will make breakfast when I get out.”

I shower quickly and brush my teeth. I dress casually in capris and a t shirt. The shirt is a brilliant green that brings out the color of my eyes. My eyes are hazel and the green makes the separate colors pop. I plait my long hair into two braids. Finally I feel presentable.

Returning to the kitchen , Taylor is glancing at the paper she bought while she was out. I make waffles with blueberries in them. I got the blueberries from the job I had this week. As we sit over breakfast , we finally talk.

At the same time we both start. “Taylor,” “Aimee,” “You first” she says.
“Taylor, I really enjoyed being with you last night. When you fell asleep I could not bear to wake you. But,”
“I know,” she interrupts.
“I do not want to take things to quickly.”
“I understand and am relived, Aimee. I need time, too. I enjoy spending time with you. I am not sure where this is headed, but I am willing to find out, slowly.”
“Thank you , for understanding.”
“You are welcome. By the way, you fixed a wonderful breakfast. But you have syrup” she stands and takes the one step to me and kisses the corner of my mouth suckling syrup off my mouth. Then she kisses me fully. “Yummy. If I ever move things too fast, please let me know. I want you to be ok. Ok?”

My phone starts to ring. By the ringer, I know it is Kelsi. “Do you mind if I take this?”
“No not at all, I will take my coffee on the patio, ok?” I nod as I click to answer.

“Okay, what is going on. Her bike is still at your house.” Kelsi starts.
“I know. She is the sweetest thing. And nothing happened. It is too soon. And she understands that. I think it is too soon for her too. And were you spying on me?” I fill her in on all the details.
Kelsi is happy for me. I promise to come by later.

Taylor and I spend a comfortable morning watching old Saturday morning cartoons. After a lunch of leftover pizza, we go to the laundry mat. She takes her bike there after stopping by to get her laundry. That comfortable feeling continues as we wash and dry our clothes. Afterwards we part ways with the promise to call later tonight.

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:33 pm 
twilight

Might have another addition later on, too. I have some ideas going and it is Saturday, so other than going to the laundry mat this afternoon I have nothing planned, lol.

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 pm 
twilight

We talked for about 2 hours Saturday night. Sunday we talked again, but I had to go to my sisters for a late family birthday party. I wish I would have stayed home and just talked with Taylor all evening.

I faced the normal conversation I get when I go there. Well, you ought to meet this gentleman I work with. He is so your type. I just wanted to scream, “I am a lesbian!” But they know that and just do not listen. So I just nod my head and try to change the subject. Then it unfortunately goes to my job. They think that I am wasting my degree by working these temporary jobs. I have a degree in English and have always wanted to be a writer. This job or jobs gives me a chance to get all sorts of ideas for stories. And it does pay the bills while I wait for the next story to be published. After we eat cake and ice cream, I leave. There is only so much of your family you can handle and remain civil.

At home I check my job emails to decide which position sounds interesting. I open the first one and know it is the right one for me this week. Landscaper at the college. The college where Taylor works! It doesn’t sound too hard either. It is just planting plants outside all week. I will get some sun and enjoy the college scenery. I email my literary agent that I have a couple more chapters done and ask if she is available for a meeting Tuesday lunch.

Taylor calls me at 10 to tell me goodnight. I think that is sweet. We both have busy days tomorrow, but we are going to try to meet up Wednesday evening. I tell her what my job is this week and she says she will try to swing by and say hi. After we hang up, I crawl into bed feeling absolutely wonderful.

Monday at work, I spend all day on a riding lawn mower. It wasn’t too bad, although I need to remember sunscreen tomorrow. Sunscreen and my ipod. I got a little bored with nothing to listen too except the sound of the mower. Taylor found me about two o’clock and brought me a slushy. Sometimes I think she is too good to be true. My heart could easily fall for her, I think as I hang up from her good night call.

Tuesday I trim hedges all morning. My hands are a little sore, and so I am thankful I took the afternoon off to meet with my agent. At eleven thirty I rush home for a quick shower, and I slip on a skirt and short leaved blouse.

I pull into the restaurant parking lot just at one o’clock on the dot. The hostess informs me that my agent is running a bit behind, but has already ordered an appetizer for us . She should be here shortly. I barely sit down and order my beverage and she floats in. Floating is the only to describe it. Alice is a petite little thing that looks so delicate with her porcelain skin and refined features.

She and I order our lunches when the appetizer plate comes out. She has wonderful news for me. One of my shorter novels is going to be part of an upcoming book. It will be one of five stories in a book entitled “What Dreams Are Made Of”. It is a good fit for my story. I am happy. The contracts will be couriered to me that afternoon.

Rejuvenated after lunch, I rush home. I relax in a bath and then open my laptop. I start writing and the time slips away. My trance is broken only by Taylor calling at ten pm. Goodness, I haven’t even stopped to eat. Taylor is worried about me not eating. I assure her I am fixing a sandwich as we speak. We finalize plans for tomorrow night. She is coming over to my home again. This time I am fixing supper. I transfer the chicken breasts from the freezer to the refrigerator when we hang up. I check to see if I have everything else I need for the chicken alfredo that I promised. I resist the urge to write some more and just save what I was working on to my memory stick.

I slip into pajamas and drift into sleep. Thoughts of my storyline and of Taylor intertwine. Just as my dreams are starting to get steamy, I hear my alarm. I crawl out of bed and jump into my running clothes. I jog almost four miles before I start to calm down some. Slowing to a fast walk I complete my way home. I shower quickly and change into some jean shorts and an old t shirt. I make it to work just in time.

Today, I actually am doing what I thought I would be doing all week. I busily transfer plants from their plastic pots to the ground. After completing one bed I water it and then move onto the next one. That continues all morning. I try to finish my fifth bed before lunch. I place the last plant and go around to the side of the building to turn on the water.

I see Taylor across the lawn walking into the dormitory. I cannot believe it. She has her arm around some girl. I an hurt, I am angry, I just do not know what to feel. I mean I know we never said we were exclusive, but I thought it was implied. I just hurt.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:05 pm 
Allison

Great story Twi. Keep it coming.

Alli

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
twilight

Wasted too much time today.... did not write. I promise tomorrow!

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 am 
twilight

Teaser for tonight's add...

I turned on the water and soaked the plants I had just planted. I accidentally on purpose sprayed my face with the water to cover my tears. I walked slowly to my car at lunchtime. I ate my sandwich from my cooler and grabbed a fresh bottle of water. I go back to work after thirty minutes and plant the remainder of the beds, barely looking up and talking to no one.

I have the supervisor sign my time card before I leave and tell him I will see him tomorrow. I dial Kelsi as I climb into my car. Very quickly I tell her I need to come over. Tell her I will explain when I get there. No problem she assures me.

I get to her house holding back the tears as long as I can. I did so well this afternoon. But now, knowing that Taylor was to be at my house this evening for supper. I cannot even be at the house.

Kelsi opens the door and hugs me immediately. She shoos T into another room and we settle into the living room. I am crying through it all. I can’t even tell her what happened yet. After I cry for what seems like forever. Eventually I tell her through the sobs that I saw Taylor with another girl. I really do not know why I am so upset. I really don’t. Kelsi understands anyway. T brings me a glass of wine, leaves the bottle and promptly exits again.

Then my phone rings. It is her. I just shove the phone away. Kelsi picks up the phone and shuts it off. I spend the evening there and just to avoid going home I crash in their spare bedroom. In the morning, I have Kelsi turn on my phone to clear it out. She begins and then stares at me. “Hun, she doesn’t know what is going on. She was at your house last night. She is worried about you. “ “I don’t want to talk to her but I know I will need to. I am sure she will find me today at work.”

I go about getting ready. The entire time the phone is staring at me. As I apply my mascara, I jump. The phone rings and it is her. I take a deep breath and answer.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:22 am 
lina

OMG I love this story it makes me wonder what's gonna happen next. Smile

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 pm 
twilight

Hello,” I say tentatively.
“Oh, My goodness, where are you, are you okay, where are you, what happened…” She keeps going.
“Stop.” I interrupt. I take a deep breath. “I am fine, but I don’t want to talk.”
“What do you mean? What is going on? What happened?…”
“Stop.” I interrupt again. “Taylor, listen, I saw you with another girl yesterday and it upset me and I do not want to discuss,…“ She tried to interrupt. “…this any further right now. I would appreciate it if you would allow me that. I need to go. Bye.”

I turn the phone off and lay it on the counter. I fix my make up. I am wearing a clean shirt I borrowed from Kelsi and the jean shorts from yesterday. I throw on one of T’s old hats. I go to work.

Today I am back on the mower in a different area of the campus. I drink the water that I bought on the way to work. I stop at lunch time and go the grill on campus. I get a cheeseburger with everything and fries and a extra large iced tea. All to go. I partially hide behind some bushes and watch the people walk by. I ought to write some observations for future stories. I just do not feel it though. The afternoon passes just as the morning did. Mowing back and forth. Back and forth. At four o’clock I return the mower to the maintenance area. As I leave the fenced in area, I notice Taylor across the street. She looks so hot in her uniform. She doesn’t approach me, and I do not approach her.

At home I switch back on my phone. Nothing but a forward text from a friend. She is respecting my wishes. I take a long bath and then sit down with my laptop. I cannot seem to get into writing my story. I struggle with it for over an hour and then give up. I toss a t v dinner into the microwave and when it is done I take it and my laptop out on my patio. As I watch the sunset a poem forms in my mind and flows through the keys. It is therapeutic to write. As the light finally fades I move inside. I crawl into bed, turn out the lights, and fall instantly into a dreamless sleep. Friday goes much like Thursday did. Today I power wash the sidewalks. Lots of sidewalks.

After work I shower and immediately put on my pajamas. I curl up with a good book, and fall asleep on my couch. Dreams of Taylor haunt me. I don’t know why it upset me so much. I just do not know what I feel.

In the morning, I decide to scrub my patio by hand. I get lost in the job, and the morning passes quickly. I finally finish at one. I shower and that makes me realize that I am sun burnt a bit. I slip on a tank top and shorts. It is time for laundry. If she is there I will have to talk to her. It is only fair. I try to psyche myself up to it as I drive to the laundry mat.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Such little instalments Twi, i hardly get into the story and Ihave to stop again. However I am glad you are at least writing something, unlike some people who will remain nameless (ahem Alli!!!)

So, more please Very Happy

HugZ, Noni

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: