BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Heartfelt [F-inished]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Laurian

Heartfelt [F-inished]

*** This is my first attempt at writing in an other language. Feel free to give me your opinion Smile
I hope that your imagination will paint the picture I am trying to draw here.
Happy reading...***

My cell phone buzzed once. I smiled at my friend Tim. “Looks like I have friends.”
He smiled and stated with a grin, “probably telling you they don’t like you anymore”.
I grinned back reaching for my phone.
The text message read: ‘Nikki, please phone me if you have the time. I need to tell you something before I lose my nerve. Xx Gwen.’
That’s odd. Gwen has never send me personal messages. We had seen each other a lot lately with the play rehearsals and all, but this type of text wasn’t like her. It felt a bit strange. She had given me a funny look when I left the rehearsals this afternoon. When she saw I was about to leave, she turned towards our friend Mark to ask if he was going to stay much longer. He replied that he was about to leave as well. Looking at me, Gwen had said that she otherwise would have asked me to drive her home. I nodded, thinking the matter was closed with that statement and left.
When I thought about it now, I wondered why she had looked at me that way. And now this message stating that she was nervous to talk… strange.
I excused myself with Tim telling him I would be right back and left the room. I found her name in my contact list and phoned her.
“Hi Nikki” She was fast to pick up, making me wonder if she was holding her phone.
“Hey Gwen, what’s up?”
“Straight to the point I see.” I heard her laugh.
“Yes, to tell you the truth your text message has gotten me all curious.” I said
“I'm sorry.” She replied softly. “I know you are out with your friends but I had to talk to you.”
She hesitated as if she was struggling for words. “I wanted you to drive me home tonight, Nikki.” She sighed. “I wanted to talk about something.”
What was she trying to tell me? I could feel my stomach twitch. My mind was racing.
She took a deep breath. “I have butterflies in my stomach.”
I couldn’t reply.
“Are you still there, Nikki?” she asked
“Yes, yeah I am. Butterflies Gwen?” I asked.
She laughed. “O Nikki, I'm in love. I wanted to tell someone and couldn’t think of anyone else but you. Can you guess who it is?”
I held my breath. “I have no clue, Gwen.”
I knew that she wanted me to guess. But I couldn’t. I was scared to say something wrong. And deep inside I think I was hoping she would mention my name. I was amazed at my own thoughts. I never felt that way about my friends. Then again I never opened myself for it either.
“Look Gwen, I'm such a looser when it comes to guessing.” I sighed.
I heard her chuckle.
I grinned. She sounded so sweet. “I'm not going to guess. So you may as well spit it out.”
A slight pause in the conversation made me wonder. I could tell she was gathering her nerves to tell me. Then with a hesitance, audible in her breath she whispered. “It’s John.”
I heard her say the name. I couldn’t speak. It overwhelmed me.
“Nikki?” she asked softly.
“Yes, I am still here. You surprised me.”
“Tell me. What are you thinking?” she pleaded.
What was I thinking? How can I tell her that I felt disappointed? I couldn’t even understand why I was feeling that way. Gwen never entered my mind before this text message. I gave myself a mental blow to the head when I heard her voice insisting to answer.
“Tell me. Please, say something.”
“Well Gwen, you took me by surprise that is for sure.”
She sighed. “I know, I surprised myself too.”
“Are you going to tell John?”
“I don’t know.” I heard her voice drift when she said those words. “That is why I wanted to talk to you, Nikki. What do you think I should do?”
I thought about it for a second. I knew John for quite some time. He is a fun guy to hang out with. I love him as a friend. Whenever I phone him, he always has the time to talk. I don’t phone him that often though. There is no need. He knows that I am there for him as well.
“Gwen, I'm not certain what you want to hear from me. So I'll just give you my opinion like I always do. I've known John for a long time. He hasn’t been with a girl that I know off in all these years.”
“He had a girlfriend once.” She informed me.
“He has? Good for him” I couldn’t help it and laughed. I heard her chuckle.
“Anyhow, I know he loves girls but I am inclined to think that he is very shy around them. That is why I reckon you'll have to tell him. I am convinced that he hasn‘t noticed that you like him.”
She chuckled again when I stated that. “I know you are right about that, Nikki. He told me once that he never has a clue when people even consider him.” She could not hide her amusement.
“Ah men!” I said just as Tim opened the door walking in the room. He looked at me and shrugged. I continued talking to Gwen and kept looking at Tim to see the effect of my words. “You know, Gwen. I think you should take his face between your hands, forcing him to look at you and then slowly state that you love him. However, if you see his eyes going blank you may have to hit him over the head ordering him to focus.”
Gwen laughed and I saw Tim shaking his head making a face and whispering "You…tssss."
“You know I'm right!” I looked at Tim while speaking to Gwen. “It's the only way for us women to make things clear to those guys.”
“O my god, Nikki. You know I lack the courage to do that!” Gwen stated holding back her laughter.
“Ah, but Gwen don’t worry. Super Nikki to the rescue. I'll phone him and tell him. You know me. I am quite the diplomat.” I said with an earnest tone in my voice.
Tim looked at me with a big grin on his face. On the other end of the line I could hear how Gwen was holding her breath.
“You have to be kidding, Nikki.” she breathed out.
“No no, don’t thank me. It is all in a days' work for me. Seeing you lack the courage I owe it to you to help out. You may of course, thank me later by making a small or large donation to my bank account. Thank you … come again!” I stopped talking and waited.
“Nikki? Tell me you are not going to do that. Nikki!” I heard how nervous she was. I still didn’t talk. Tim sat down on a chair looking at me shaking his head.
“Nikki please. Say something!”
I was unsure why I was teasing her like that. It has been said by my friends that it is sometimes difficult to tell if I was serious or not.
“Gwen, you know. I don't understand your taste. I would be a much better candidate for you. At least I would know it when you are interested in me.”
She said nothing for 5 seconds. I needed that time to get my act together after surprising myself with that comment. My nerves got the better of me and I started giggling.
“Nikki, you are crazy!” She yelled, laughing out loud.
Tim must have heard her comment because he started nodding his head.
Other friends where pouring into the room looking for us. One of them glanced at his watch and tapped on it. I nodded.
“Gwen, I'm sorry but I have to go. I'll call you back when I have the time later tonight if that is okay with you.”
She was still laughing and struggled to say, “of course and thanks for listening. I am glad I could tell someone. I hope to hear from you soon and have fun, Nikki.”
I smiled, “You are more than welcome, Gwen. Sorry I couldn’t be more serious though. I‘ll talk to you soon. Enjoy your evening. Ciao for now!”
“Bye bye!” I heard the click as the line went dead.
Tim held out his hand and looked at me. “My god, Nikki. Sometimes you are just evil!”
I frantically nodded my head. “Yes Tim, yes and never forget that. My wrath may one day be focused on you, mouwahaha!”
With that statement I took his hand and went back to our friends.
Inside I saw all eyes resting on me. I gave them all my most radiant smile. “Hey, very sorry to have kept you all waiting. However I'm ready now so let the games begin”
I love these gatherings with my friends. I must admit that I am the only girl in our group but I never had a problem with that. They all accept me as one of the guys. And when they are mocking their girlfriends they tend to look at me.
I only reply by taking a sip of my beer and stating that they ought to count their blessings because they all found a woman crazy enough to love them. Then they start mocking me for my lack of a relationship. As Tim always reminds me it is my own fault. He has said lots of times that I keep pushing people away who are getting close to me. After those remarks I tend to push him with both hands and grin. “I do no such thing!” It always ends with him hugging me and a whisper in my ear. “If only I wasn’t married.” Then he tickles me. I love him to bits.
If only he knew how confused I was.

*to be continued?*

Last edited by Laurian on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 pm 
kenko

hey Smile
i really like the beginning of your story Very Happy
i'd like to know where it is going...

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:36 pm 
Jamie B

I am liking it also, so please continue.
Jamie B

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 pm 
Laurian

Hi Kenko and Jamie B,

thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

quote:
Kenko: 'i'd like to know where it is going...'

I would love to know that too.
I know what I want to write but it seems to have a mind of it's own.
Smile

I am putting some finishing touches on the next part. I should be able to post it this weekend.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 am 
Laurian

The next morning I woke up with a headache. I just drank too much yesterday. Gathering my thoughts I remembered the phone call from Gwen.
I groaned. “Jeezes Nikki, you‘ve really outdone yourself yesterday.”
I rolled on to my back and lifted my pillow to smack it in my face.
‘Did I really tell Gwen to pick me? O my God, I hope she thinks that was a joke. I hope I know that too!’
I recalled that I had promised Gwen I would give her a call. It had been too late yesterday so I hadn’t bothered. I grabbed my phone and searched for her number.
“Hello...” Gwens' sleepy voice made me look at my alarm clock.
“Hey Gwen. It's me, Nikki. I'm terribly sorry to call you so early in the morning.”
“What time is it?” I heard her yawn.
I coughed “8.10 am.”
Gwen sighed and I could hear that she was stretching. “Nikki, this better be good. I was dreaming and I'm certain that John is going to carry the dream along without me.”
That remark made me giggle, “please don’t elaborate, I am sure that I don’t want to hear more about what kind of dream you were having. Oolalaa!”
That made her laugh. “Honestly girl, you have a dirty mind.”
I nodded thinking that must be true recalling the amount of people that already told me that fact.
I pretended to be shocked, “o my, nobody said that before. How will I ever survive such a comment?”
“Your friends must lie to you all the time then.” She was quick to reply.
“Let's just not go there.” I answered.
“Coward!”
I grinned. “Ah to be insulted when all you are doing is trying to help out. I'm hurt. I was going to help you out with the John issue but now I just don’t know.”
I could hear her get up in bed. “Nikki, you know I was kidding. What did you have in mind?”
“Well,..” I hesitated dragging the word. “I could phone John, seeing we are friends and all. I could put in a good word for you and try to find out what he thinks of the matter.”
I was convinced she wouldn’t let me do that. I really had no intention of talking to John. I had called her because I felt the urge to hear her voice. Now I found myself making offers I hoped she would refuse.
“Cool ok!”
“What? Ok?”
“Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Just be subtle.”
I could tell she meant it. How on earth did I get myself in this situation? It was like falling back into puberty. I was always the messenger in my group of friends then as well. I smacked the palm of my hand against my forehead, forgetting my headache. ‘God, I'm such a cow sometimes. Me and my big mouth.’
“Nikki, you are going to be subtle, I hope?” Gwen dragged on the word subtle.
“Ha, you know me. Nikki and subtlety, a match made in heaven!” I said.
“What are you going to tell him?” She asked.
“Let's just see what happens,” I grinned, “I‘ll phone you right back.” With that I hung up on her.
When I ended the call I shouted out: “Can somebody give me a sign when my sanity returns!”
Time to get someone else out of bed. Searching for his number I started thinking about what I would say to John.
“Yes Nikki.” He startled me with his bright voice.
“O my god John, you must be a morning person.” I replied.
“Actually girl, I haven’t gone to bed yet.” I could tell he was smiling stating that.
“Aha, you had a gig last night. How was it?”
“Bad”, he sighed. “The sound was off, my guitar overwhelmed our singer. The sound-guy did an awful job. The people in the audience said it was a shame.”
John plays lead guitar in a death-metal group. I have bought demo’s in support. But to be honest it really isn’t my cup of tea. I rather understand what the singer is going on about instead of hearing a 'wannabe demon from hell' yelling in his microphone. John knows that about me. I have seen him perform and I only go to watch him, not to listen. Although you can’t do anything else than listen because talking is out of the question with that type of music or let's just call it noise and be done with it.
“I hope you poked your guitar in his eye for making you sound terrible on stage.”
He had to laugh. “My guitar is too good for his eye. By the way, I wouldn’t been sticking it in his eye either if you know what I mean.”
I laughed out loud. “That would have been ‘the sight of the night’ though. Your group could use it as a calling card. I can hear the announcer as we speak.”
“Now performing live!...”, I spoke in the lowest bombastic voice I could muster, “the group you have all been waiting for! They don’t smash their guitars on stage! Protect your behinds... heeeere they are, SHAMELESS!”
“I bet you guys would become instantly popular.” I laughed.
He grinned. “Remind me to talk to the group about making you our public relation person.”
“Sure, I only ask fifteen percent so I'm really cheap. But John, I need to talk to you about something completely different.”
“Shoot.”
“Ok well, have you noticed that you are being watched and may I add, loved by someone?” I waited for him to reply.
“Eh ookaaay …”
I giggled, “come on man, wake up and smell the coffee. You must know by now and it must be somebody who trusts me as well.”
“I've had a suspicion, yes.” He startled me with that remark. I was so convinced that he hadn’t noticed before.
“She is in our group for the play, right?” He continued.
“Yep!”
“I don’t know, Nikki. I find it difficult to think about this. I really don’t know if I want to start something with her or someone else for that matter. This could ruin the friendship between Gwen and me. What we have at the moment I value highly!”
“Look man, nobody is pressuring you to do anything about this. I believe you need to think about it though, because sooner or later she is going to say or do something that will make it obvious.”
“I know.” He sighed.
“She knows that I'm talking to you right now.” I said. I make a point of being as honest as possible with the people around me.
“O jees...,” he said.
At that moment I could hear that someone was starting to talk to him.
“Yes dad, I'll be right there.” He said, clearly not talking in the phone.
John still lives with his parents. I think it is a smart thing to do in his case. He has so much going on in his life that I am sure he wouldn’t care for his own needs like I know his mother does. I tease him though, calling him ‘Mommy’s Metal head’ in public. He got his revenge when he called me on stage one night, asking me to sing along. How can you hide when the spotlight hits you? His group members nearly wet themselves when they heard my feeble attempt at grunting to their music. The audience knew that I was being put on the spot so they were really kind. I didn’t have to spend any money on beer that night. The applause I got was not addictive enough to do that again though.
“Nikki, I have to go. Do me a favor and don’t tell Gwen that you spoke to me about her. I need time to think this through. Perhaps she will eventually talk to me about this but for now it is better that she thinks I am unaware. I need time. Would you do that for me?”
He had spoken in a soft tone and at the end I felt like he was pleading.
“John, I understand. I won’t tell her that you know. But please, don’t break her heart. She's a sweet girl.”
“I know, you don’t need to convince me. That is why I need to think. I promise I will do that!” He sounded firm, stating this.
“I believe you. Bye for now. You know how to reach me.” I said.
“Yep. See you at the rehearsal tomorrow evening.”
I looked at the phone. I dreaded to call Gwen. I didn’t want to lie to her. But I knew she was waiting to hear from me.
This was not the conversation I thought we were going to have. I hate being the bearer of bad news or no news. But I hated myself even more for feeling relieved that I was not able to help her. I found it odd how jealous I felt about what was happening between Gwen and John.
“Get a grip, Nikki!”

*to be continued*

Last edited by Laurian on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:10 pm 
Laurian

I picked up my phone. Hit the redial option. Found her number and listened.
Again Gwen was fast to pick up.
“Nikki. What news, girl?”
“Hey Gwen,” I said, “sorry if I kept you waiting.”
“That is ok, Nikki. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that you are trying to help me.” She responded.
“Well, I'm afraid that I didn't quite succeed.” I spoke in a soft tone.
“What happened? You did talk to him I can tell by the time it took you to call me back.” I heard how tensed she was when she made that statement.
God, how am I going to pull this off. She is no fool and I need to bring out all the subtlety I can manage.
“Well,” I started, “I couldn’t just blurt out what the reason was for my call. We did end up making small talk. He talked about his group and how unlucky they were with their performance yesterday. When I finally got the guts to talk to him about my real reason for calling, his father came in the room and he had to go.”
It felt like I was not lying. I had told the truth but not all of it. I hoped she would never find out that I withheld some information but then again I had to think about John and the fact I knew him longer and that he made me promise. If she ever was angry about this then it would be a shame but I would be comforted by the fact that I kept my word.

I heard her sigh over the phone. “Ah Nikki, you tried, didn’t you. In fact I think it is for the best and I just need to assemble my courage and do this myself.”
“It might be a good idea to just talk to him and see his reaction in person.” I said in a soft voice not really believing my own words.
“You are right, Nikki. I must do this myself. I'll ask him to drive me home after a rehearsal or something. I might even have the courage to jump his bones.” She laughed out loud.
I chuckled thinking of John being caught in that situation and the astonished look on his face.
Gwen was still giggling when she succeeded in whispering a thank you and goodbye. I laid down again, in hopes of getting some sleep. After five minutes my cell phone buzzed. I grabbed it and read the text from Gwen.
‘I am so happy that you know my feelings and that you are there for me. Love Gwen xx’
I typed her a message back stating: ‘I am here for you! Nikki xx’
I got a smiley in reply and I dropped my phone on my nightstand. I fell back in my pillows and cursed myself for having these mixed feelings. I let out a frustrated groan, grabbed a pillow and smacked it on my face again.
I fell back to sleep with the pillow still on my head.
I had the strangest dream.
    The feeling of complete desolation hung over the barren land. Nothing stirred as if time stood still. Not a sound could be heard.
    The mist added to the eerie scene, emphasizing that no happiness could endure here.

Something beckoned me to get closer but it wasn’t a voice.
    A dark silhouette stood waiting, facing away from me. Loneliness and desperation seemed to be emanating from the vague figure.

The whole feel of the area made me tremble. It felt like it was trying to grip me by the throat and smother me. I felt trapped and alone.
    I could feel my heart pounding as if it was trying to escape my ribcage.
    The silhouette stood waiting.

I focused on my legs to make them stand still but they did not obey. A power, stronger then my will, was forcing me to keep moving closer.
    I wanted to scream and felt how my own voice betrayed me.
    I was so scared and could only think of one thing,
    ‘help me. Please, help me!”

Last edited by Laurian on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:15 pm 
angelsheart

wow interesting really!
Girls here aro so creative and imaginative Very Happy

Greetings , Laurian

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Laurian

Hello Angelsheart,

Thank you for taking the time to read and post.
It is good feeling to see someone replying, letting you know that they are reading a story you posted.
Amazing feeling.

So thank you.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:07 pm 
angelsheart

The pleasure is all mine , Laurian ! And I need to thank you for posting this excellent story for us! Smile

Keep up the excellent work, girl! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Laurian

I must have shouted out loud, waking me up. The cold sweat chilling me to the bone. I had kicked off my covers in my sleep. My bed looked like a mess.
“Awake, it was not real..”. I heard my own voice trying to comfort me.
“O my,” with a sigh I turned over to check the time, 10.30 am, time to get up. I stumbled out of bed. Still enthralled by my dream I found my way to the bathroom to shower in hopes of washing the sadness out of my system. I tried to focus on my dream again. I felt shivers running down my spine when I recalled the feeling. I let the shower run and stepped in. Closing my eyes, I saw the image of the dark figure as if it was branded in my mind.
I groaned. “Why did I drink so much beer last night?”
The hot water of the shower caressed my body and made me feel better. I towel dried my hair as I walked into the kitchen to find my coffee waiting. As I sipped I couldn't help but smile at the thought of my silly behavior. How could a grown woman let a dream affect her this much. I sighed and grabbed something to eat.
After some coffee and a sandwich I felt better. I pushed the dream away.

Switching on my computer I started reaching for the script of our play. I am co-writing and our first performance was nearing. We would have a try-out to see where we needed to change things and what didn’t work with the audience. I was going to act in it as well. In my part I teamed up with John. Recalling our previous rehearsals I now understood why Gwen had eyed us. She never seemed to appreciate when John and I were laughing so hard coming up with our dialogue, that we had to support one another. Our director Mark didn’t mind that we horsed around because he knew we would come up with solid jokes from our improvisation. But now I could see why Gwen reacted differently. The way she had watched us behave like two giggling adolescents. I had wondered why she looked so sad but now I realized that she was jealous of my time spend with John. This made me feel ill at ease. I wondered why it made me sad to think she was jealous of me, not John.
I started typing away and worked on the lay-out when my phone rang. I looked at it wondering if I should let it ring. With a sigh I reached over to grab it and to check out the number before answering. I had to smile.
“Hi Lynn.” I said cheerfully. “I was not intending to pick up the phone.”
“Hello to you too, hon. I am in luck that you did answer. What are you doing?”
“I am typing away at our play, hurray!” I said in an overacting manner.
“My my, aren’t we in a good mood and a very poetic one if I may add.” Lynn chuckled.
“Ah Lynn, as always you bring out the best in me.”
I heard how she tried to withhold her laughter but failed.
Lynn is my best friend. She is a couple of years older than me and been through some hard times. She had a nasty breakup with her boyfriend after ten years of trying to build a life together. She discovered that while she was trying to get pregnant, he was cheating on her with more than one girl. She was devastated. I didn’t know her back then but she told me that she found out that most of their mutual friends knew of his cheating. She felt betrayed but was willing to give him one more chance. He totally destroyed what was left of her spirit by leaving her to run off with one of his younger girlfriends. He left her wrecked and unsure. She got stuck with the idea that he fell out of love with her and that this was her fault. I have spend many nights talking to her and hoping that my words would help her to see that she is the victim, not the cause.
She often mocks me that I am such a great listener but hardly ever talk about my own feelings.
“Getting you to open up is harder than making a stone talk.” She stated more than once.
“Why would you want a talking stone?” I replied one time. “It would only be grinding you down with boring stories about corrosion.”
She had looked at me and sighed.
I was so caught up in my memories that I almost didn’t notice that she stopped laughing.
“So, what can I do for you?” I asked
“Well Nikki, I was wondering if you would like to join me tonight. I would love to have a chat and I would make us some spaghetti. After dinner we could watch a movie together.”
“Well I was going to do some ironing.” I said faking sincerity.
That made her giggle because she knew I hated that.
“Come on Nikki, it is Sunday and you know you can’t resist spaghetti.” She said in her sweetest voice.
Ah, she got me there. She knows I'm a sucker for Italian food.
“What time and I‘ll bring the wine.” I stated.
She laughed knowing she was victorious. “Whenever you want to pop over is fine by me. I will have the food ready around eight.”
“Then I'll be there an hour early because I love to see you work while I sit idle.”
I could hear her making a noise that sounded like a bad imitation of a horse or an elephant.
She caught me off guard. “What on earth was that?”
“That, my friend, was the sound of a woman telling you to dream on.” She chuckled.
I shook my head, “Lynn, that sound was making me wonder if you just stepped on your cat. But if you say so I‘ll believe you.”
She laughed out loud. “So I can’t act. That's your hobby. I'm looking forward to slapping you over the head for that remark about my cat though. See you tonight, hon.”
I grinned. “Till then, Lynn.”
She hung up and I returned to my computer.
The rest of the day flew by.

Last edited by Laurian on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Laurian, I have to say, for someone's first attempt at writing in English, you are dong a great job, Keep it coming girl.

HugZ, Noni

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:38 pm 
Laurian

That means a lot to me Noni. Thank you!

I 've been reading your stories and well ... 'wow' ... so thank you for reading mine.

There is more to come. I will not stop this one until it is finished. I wouldn't be able to. You 'll hopefully see why as the story unfolds.

by the way Smile on a side note. Could you talk to my old English teacher. He was not that impressed with me when I was in high school. I used to mix up my French and English vocabulary Smile He thought I did it on purpose. ... I might have but that is not the issue. Laughing

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:49 am 
Laurian

That evening I found myself in front of Lynns' house. I rang her doorbell. I heard footsteps approaching the front door so I shouted in a mock Italian accent. “Mama mia, open ze door. I bringing ze wine!”
She opened the door, shaking her head and smiling at me. “Hey Nikki, I hear you are still in a good mood. Thank you for letting the neighbors know that too.”
I entered her house wearing a huge grin and handed her the bottle of wine.
“So where is that ugly cat of yours?” I asked turning my head, scanning her living room.
“Stop calling him ugly!” She poked my arm.
Just then I spotted the subject of our conversation staring at me. He never blinked while I tried to stare him down. I failed.
“That's not a normal cat, Lynn.” I turned my head to face her. “He just stared me down again. I'm pretty sure he gave me an evil grin after doing so.”
Lynn just shook her head and headed for the kitchen. “When are you going to stop teasing my cat?” She asked.
I looked perplexed. “But he started it!”
She grinned at me. “Take off your coat and come help me in the kitchen.”
I did as I was instructed. Upon entering the kitchen I noticed that she didn’t need any help. She was smiling at me with her hands in her sides, provoking me to say something about it.
“Oh this is not right at all!” I pouted. “I so wanted to see you slave away over a hot stove but you finished already.”
She nodded her head. “The only thing that's left is boiling the pasta but I know that I can’t leave that in your incapable hands so I'll do that too.”
I let out a cry off shock. “Gosh, if only I knew you were going to behave like this I would have stayed home.”
She came over and gave me one of her big hugs and whispered, “I'm so glad you are here.”
Her breath on my neck send goose bumps all over my arms. That startled me.
I forced myself to smile at her, hiding my emotions. “I'm glad you invited me.”
“Are you hungry?” She asked releasing me from her grip. I noticed she was blushing a little.
I shook my head. “Let's talk some and eat later.”
At that moment I would fail at eating one single bite. I really struggled to regain control over my body ordering it mentally to kick the butterflies out of my stomach. ‘What on earth has gotten in to me?’

We returned to the living room. Lynn doesn’t have a big house but it is very cozy. We fell back in her couch and started chatting about all the things that happened in our lives after the last time we talked.
Lynn suddenly sat up and looked at me. “Are you feeling alright, Nikky?”
That question surprised me and she could tell. “Yes, why do you ask?”
“The other day when we talked over the phone, you sounded very tired and now that I see you in person I think you are looking very pale.” Lynn stated.
“Ah, don’t worry. It's probably the stress from work. We are on a deadline and I'm concerned that we'll not make it. And then of course the play and all its rehearsals. That must be it.” I tried my best to give her a reassuring look.
“I do feel tired but it will get better when things settle down a bit.”
She nodded and let it rest for now but I could tell that I had failed to reassure her. I gave her a sweet smile and began to remove my sweater.
“It's like a hot furnace in here” I told her.
She had to laugh at that comment. “I felt a bit chilly earlier so I turned the heat up. Now I feel fine.” She gave me a smile that made me thankful I was sitting down because it made my knees go weak.
She got up from the couch to turn the thermostat down a bit and entered her kitchen. “I'll start boiling the pasta!”She shouted. “Would you like something to drink or shall we start with the wine?”
I followed her into the kitchen. “I wouldn’t say no to a glass of wine.”
She gave me the bottle and I started to uncork it while she continued with the pasta. After getting everything on the table, she took her glass, looked at me and said, “salute!”
I looked at her smile and found it to be intoxicating. I could see myself sitting here for hours just looking at her.
‘O my god, what am I doing? Stop looking at her like that or she will notice!’
Trying desperately to get a grip on the situation, I took my glass and stated “That one day, I may be the one staring down your cat.”
She laughed out loud. “I‘d better not drink to that because my cat might have heard and leave me a mouse in my bed or something.”
I looked at her, feigning shock. “So you do admit that he is part of the mafia!”
She closed her eyes and gave a big sigh. “I wasn’t supposed to admit it. I will now have to enter the witness protection program.”
I nodded. “Yes, I can imagine why. But would you mind if we eat before you go. I'm starving.”
She threw her napkin at me. “You should first look out for your friends instead of your stomach.”
I gave her my best puppy–eyed look and I saw her fake anger melting away.
“What am I going to do with you?” She sighed.
“Feed me?” I asked innocently.
That made her burst out in laughter. The dinner was great and relaxing. We talked while tasting the wine and I enjoyed the spaghetti so much that I had to beg her to take everything off the table with the risk of exploding if she did feed me more.
She offered some dessert but I looked at her in disbelieve.“Are you trying to kill me?”
That made her chuckle.
“Let's go watch some television.” She said standing up from the table. I helped her clear it and loaded everything in the dishwasher.

Returning to her sitting area, I took my usual position in one of her couches laying down, snuggling deep in the soft cushions. As I got comfortable and relaxed, her cat startled me by jumping on top of my belly.
“You see”, Lynn said sitting down on the other couch. “He loves you.”
I looked at Lynn wide eyed. “This is not love, this is total domination. He is telling me that he is on top of the food chain and above me. He knows I‘ve eaten too much and that his weight is adding to my discomfort!”
Lynn had to giggle at that statement. “Well he looks rather pleased with himself. I must admit. I wonder why?..” her voice trailed off.
I looked over to see if she was going to finish that sentence and caught her staring at my body where the cat was. My top had risen a bit when I was trying to get into my comfortable position and the cat lay on my bare abdomen with his head on my breast so he could keep his eye on me.
When she saw that I was looking at her, she started to blush and turned her eyes back to the screen of her television. She grabbed her remote to switch it on.
‘What on earth just happened?'
'Did I just see what I think I saw?'
'What do I think I saw?’
I returned my gaze to the screen without seeing a thing.
I must have been mistaken. ‘Why am I behaving this silly? First with Gwen, now Lynn’. I mocked my own thoughts and returned to watch the movie.
Feeling comfortable, tired, too much food and the wine made me doze off.

Last edited by Laurian on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:25 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Bravo, vravo!! This is swinging along nicely hon, keep it coming.

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 pm 
NitWhit

Come on come on! You have me hooked! Please please write more soon.

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: