BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Amarillo (working title, may change)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Very Happy Wow, that has taken me nearly a year to write, thank heavens I am not trying to make a living at this LOL.

Just to let my loyal readers know, there is an Epilogue to come and I will try and get it posted as soon as I can. Thanks for staying with me.

HugZ, MG

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm 
kenko

great, great story!!!
don't really know what to say...
just amazing!!!!!!! Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 pm 
PipSqueak

oh wow, that was so good. I so want a tepee!!!
Every second you've spent on this is really worth it!! Thank you.

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 pm 
Ecin

*clap clap clap
amazing! Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:03 pm 
Allison

What a great year it was too. Beautiful story hun. Can't wait for the next Wink Take a break, a nice long breath and write!!

Alli

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Outdoors65

Sigh...all is right in the world, and they lived happily ever after! Smile

I'm such an idealist!

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:02 am 
Filmorelover

Beautiful, never failed to make me smile. We shall wait for your next read in anticipation Smile
A well earned rest in order, I think Wink
xx Liz

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

You are all very sweet and thank you. Actually, there is a little bit more to Dianne and Reba's tale, an Epilogue - 3 Years On. so if you can be patient a little longer I will try to have it written and posted by the end of the week.
As for another story, well I really want to severely edit this one and see about submitting to a few online publishing places.

HugZ, MG

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 am 
PipSqueak

Yep, I think you should do! It's a shame that we can't get a collection off the boards together and publish them.

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

EPILOGUE - THREE YEARS ON

“They’re here, they’re here. Aunty Dianne and Aunty Reba are here!”

Kurtis and Shannah, who had been stationed like sentinels on the front porch for the last hour, came tearing through the house yelling like a pack of banshees. Satisfied that they had delivered the news to all within, they turned and headed out the front door again, with Jazmine Rose in hot pursuit.

“Jazzy, Jazzy, come here, let the kids see their family first”. In vain Krystal called after her daughter who was in hot pursuit of her new friends. Ever since they had arrived that morning, driving in from the Bend motel where they spent the night, Jazmine Rose had been right at their heels, finding an instant playmate in Shannah who was barely a year older. At seven Kurtis already showed signs of being as tall as his Father, whilst it was apparent to all around that his quiet, plodding nature and acceptance of anything that came his way was inherited directly from his Granddad. As Krystal jumped to her feet to retrieve her wayward daughter, Willow laid a gentle hand on her arm.

“It’s just fine hon, let her go, they are all just busting to see the girls as we all are” she smiled. If there was a little more silver in Willow’s braids it was hard to notice and with her slight figure it was hard to believe this vibrant woman was on the down slope to sixty.
Her beaming smile took in the crowd of people shoehorned into the house, herself and Christian, Jonno and Carol, Laverne and Eric, Krystal, her dear friends Marie and Jim together with their daughter Karen and her husband Adam. And of course, up to a few seconds ago , the three children who were now flying across the open ground in front of the house towards the temporary car park next to the machinery shed. As they reached the dusty SUV the doors opened and Dianne and Reba stepped out, flexing weary backs and arms from the long drive.

“Well look at you two” Dianne exclaimed in amazement, enfolding Kurtis and Shannan in a exuberant hug. “You have grown so much since you stayed with us last Fall, look how tall they are Reba.”

“I know, they’ve sprung up like weeds.” Reba had swept Shannah up in her arms and the little one was cuddling into her neck, when she caught sight of the second little girl standing awkwardly off to the side. She nudged Dianne who was busily measuring where Kurtis’s head reached on her body. “Hey, looks like you two have a new playmate guys, would you like to introduce us?”

“Oops, sorry I was supposed to do that’ Kurtis exclaimed gravely, walking over to the dark haired little mite with the enormous brown eyes and taking her hand. “Aunty Dianne, this is Jazmine Rose, my Dad says you and her Mom are friends”.

“Jazzy? Oh my heavens” Dianne’s face was a study of surprise and confusion. “But how, I don’t understand, how did she get here?”

A voice from the past interrupted with a laugh. “I bought her girlfriend and look who else came along for the ride”.

Dianne swung around to see a laughing Laverne standing there with open arms and behind her was Krystal and a rather awkward looking Eric. Unable to believe the evidence of her own eyes, she just stood there frozen staring until Laverne gathered her into a hug.

“I told you I’d make it up to see you one day girl and when your Mom and Dad contacted me about the celebration a few months back, I made up my mind we were gonna be here, come hell or high water. Heck, Eric even closed the Bar for an entire week so we could all do this.”

Dianne having hugged and cried with both Laverne, Krystal and a suddenly shy Jazmine Rose in turn, rubbed her eyes and held out her hand to her former boss.

“Eric, I don’t know what to say, thank you so much for everything, you have made this day even more special now”. She shook his hand heartily and watched in amazement at the way this once rude and insensitive man blushed slightly and murmured that it was his pleasure. Even though she had been in regular phone and email contact with the Yates family ever since she and Reba moved to Seattle, she had never been able to fully process the changes in Eric’s behaviour and attitude to life she had heard about. Accordingly to Laverne, her employer and now partner, both in life and the business, was a pussy cat who had readily accepted Krystal, her brothers and Jazmine Rose as his new family and as of two years ago, had moved them all into his large home in town. In fact it was his support and encouragement that had allowed Krystal to return to study, firstly for her GED and now she was a year into a Hospitality degree. The time Laverne had joked over the phone that it was his intention that Krystal should one day take over the day to day running of Charlies so he and Laverne could do some traveling, Dianne had wondered if she had heard straight. The redemptive power of true love was certainly an amazing thing. And right behind her the living proof of that same kind of love was being carefully lifted, by Reba, out of the back of the SUV in his Moses basket to a chorus of ooh’s and ah’s from the assembled throng, which now included her Mom and Dad and Jonno and Carol.

The four month old raven haired baby boy covered with a light sheet was fast asleep, one tiny fist curled up near his mouth and long black eyelashes laying on his ruddy cheeks. Reba carefully carried the basket over to where Willow and Christian stood, the former already weeping tears of joy and the latter looking proud enough to burst.

“Mom Dad, here he is, this is your new grandson, Lucas Christian Matson-Carter”. Almost as if he heard his name being spoken the little one opened his eyes, blinked several times and let out the faintest of whimpers. It was all Willow needed to justify her bending down and lifting the baby gently from his basket, holding him against her chest as she rocked him back and forth.

Dianne laughed indulgently and winked at Reba. “That’s it babe, we will be lucky to see our son for the duration of the visit now that Mom has him. So, come on all, give me a hand to unpack this behemoth of a vehicle, I never realized that I would end up selling my truck and owning one of these, much less bringing half the house with us” she moaned, getting no sympathy from anyone. Indeed she had to take some good natured joking from Jonno who accused her of defecting to the establishment.

A while later she looked around the room and decided that the noise level was, in anything, even louder than when they first arrived. Carol, her Mom and Laverne were in the kitchen organizing the mountain of food being prepared for the meal to be held straight after the ceremony, Jonno and Eric were discussing business accounting at the table, Krystal was trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to keep the younger brigade under some kind of control and seated next to her on the couch Reba was bottlefeeding Lucas, who was almost asleep as he dreamily sucked the last inch of milk.

“He’s worn out from all the attention babe” she smiled warmly at the woman who had stood at her side and loved her, mistakes and all, for the past three years. It was hard to believe their life could have been any better until the arrival of this tiny scrap of humanity had made them a true family.

Reba smiled back at her. “Yep, hopefully now he will sleep right thru the naming ceremony, I had visions of him howling so loud we couldn’t hear the celebrant. Your son has a healthy pair of lungs” she teased, easing the teat out of his mouth and holding him against her shoulder to wind.

“My son?” Dianne laughed. “I see, he is only my son when he’s making noise is he?”

“Of course he is” Reba replied smugly. “He’s my son when he’s being cute and smiling and most of all, when he is sleeping” At this juncture the little fellow gave a hearty burp. “And when he does that, he is most definitely yours” she laughed.

Across the room Willow put down the dish of food she was covering and smiled fondly at the picture her two girls made as they fussed with their child. Their happiness was so palpable that no one in the room, even Jim McKinley who found it difficult to fathom the concept of two gay Moms, could help but know that this baby was undeniably loved and wanted. But it was only immediate family that knew the trials and heartaches that had preceeded this happy occasion and her mind wandered back to that day, 18 months ago, when Dianne had called to update her on their then six month old quest to have a child of their own. After a year of settling in to her new job in Seattle, finding an apartment and adjusting to their shared life together, Dianne had first spoken to her Mother about the subject of a baby for her and Reba. At 35 she knew her biological clock was ticking louder by the day and the decision for her to try and fall pregnant with donor sperm was made. Happily the question of who would be the father and what his involvement in the child’s upbringing would be was already settled to the great satisfaction of all parties. Eugene Hamilton had taken less than a week to respond when the two women had initially brought their proposal to him. With two divorces behind him, but sadly no children, he had decided long ago that marriage was not his strong suit, but welcomed the chance to allow his long term friend Reba and her partner to realized their dreams. In return he asked only to be allowed to participate in his child’s life in the guise of an old family friend. They had decided they would deal with any questions that might arise when the child was older as a solid unit.

After months of failed attempts at home insemination the three of them had decided to go through a fertility clinic to maximize their chances of a pregnancy.

Willow remembered how optimistic Dianne had been on the phone that day, so sure it was just a matter of time and patience. Tests had revealed no problems with Dianne’s eggs or the donated sperm, but four more failed attempts at AI and it was apparent that their only hope lay in IVF. The months that followed had been arduous and heartbreaking, for both the women, as the retrieved eggs, fertilized in the laboratory and returned to Dianne’s uterus, failed to implant. After 5 unsuccessful cycles they were exhausted, their bank balances depleted even though Gene had kindly subsidized a lot of the treatment, but more importantly they were emotionally drained. The stress of having their hopes rasied and then dashed after each implantation was affecting their relationship to the point where a mutual decision to stop the procedures was made amongst all three of them.

“Are you OK Mum?” Dianne’s concerned enquiry interrupted Willow’s reverie and the pain of the past dissipated as she caught sight of her grandson cradled in her daughter’s arms.

“Oh, sorry dear, I was miles away” she replied, reaching out to stroke the baby’s soft head.

“This little guy is all fed and watered, so I guess we had better change him into his clothes for the naming ceremony before he zonks out completely. Is the stuff in your bedroom?”.

“Yes” Willow answered. “It’s all laid out on my bed, hopefully it will fit, he looks pretty much the same size as Jonno was when he wore it”. Taking the baby from Dianne’s arms she smiled widely into his face and was rewarded by the faintest suspicion of a smile in return.

“Aw, look at that,he knows his Grandma already” she beamed, proudly bearing him off to the bedroom, whilst Dianne and Reba exchanged a secret grin, knowing that Lucas had been smiling at everyone for the past week or so. Just then the celebrant arrived and Christian went to greet her and introduce her to the new parents. Annie Le Doux was a tall ,spare part Crow woman who practiced healing and herblore, she was also a licensed celebrant. She had originally lived in the commune back when Dianne and Jonno were born and she and Willow had kept touch sporadically over the years since she moved to Portland. It had been by sheer chance that Annie had written a month back to let her old friend know that she would be in the area this weekend in July and the germ of a plan had been born, which had now culminated in this joyous gathering of family and friends. Willow had even sent an invitation addressed simply to Pearl & her granddaughter, The Diner, Temperance, Arizona, these being the bare details she could remember from Dianne’s original recounting of her trip from Amarillo to Oregon. In reply she had received a beautifully handwritten card regretting their inability to travel at that time, but giving a brief summary of both Pearl and Nikki’s lives since their chance meeting with Dianne and this had been tucked away as a surprise for later in the day.

In her bedroom Willow was humming a Lakota nursery chant to the sleepy eyed little boy as she gently changed him into the leggings and vest she had sewn and embroidered herself for Jonno so many years before. As she slid the soft wollen moccasins onto his tiny feet, she caught her breath at the sheer chance of fate that brought him into all their lives. For months after Dianne had ceased the IVF treatment Willow had worried and fretted about the deep depression into which her daughter appeared to be sliding. Her private conversations with Reba only confirmed her concerns and finally, in desperation, they had hatched a plan to try and lift Dianne out of the doldrums. Willow engineered an invitation from her sister, Suzie Morningstar, for the two women to visit family on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. This was organized to arrive at around the same time Reba announced a need to travel to just that area to catalogue some artifacts in the Museum there and both activities coincidentally fell during Spring break time. It had been a risky plan but with a little bit of help from Ben McKinley, Dianne’s employer, she had been reluctantly persuaded to make the trip.

Suzie Morningstar was Willow’s eldest sister. Her own brood of children numbered seven by blood and and an unknown number of foster kids who had passed through her care. Some belonged to relatives who were unable to look after them due to substance abuse issues or who simply left them with Suzie whilst they looked for work in other States. Her husband had disappeared when their youngest child was an infant but Suzie took his desertion in her stride, proclaiming it one less mouth to feed. The day Dianne and Reba arrived at her small wooden framed house on the outskirts of town, the number of its inhabitants totaled nine. There was Dianne’s youngest cousins Kit and Jackson, 25 and 23 respectively, four grandchildren ranging in age from eleven to seven, one six year old foster child and the newest member of the tribe, an obviously newborn baby boy, sleeping in the bottom drawer of a wooden chest.

Dianne had been drawn like a magnet to the baby’s side and she knelt down beside him as if mesmerized. While Suzie bustled around, making coffee, shooing kids outside and cutting up large chunks of fruitcake, Reba had finally ventured the question she knew her girl wanted to ask.

“And who does this little tyke belong to Suzie?”. As she spoke the baby began whimpering, the pitch of his cries rapidly increasing as he didn’t find the milk he was obviously seeking. “Sounds like he needs his Momma right about now” she hazarded, laughing at Dianne’s look of desperation as no amount of rocking or cuddling would make the baby stop howling.

“Yeah, chance would be a fine thing if his Momma cared a fig about him” Suzie grumbled, fishing a bottle of milk out of the tiny battered fridge and putting it into a pan of warm water on the equally decrepit stove. Reba had already noted that although the inside of the house was clean, it was desperately in need of new furniture and appliances and woefully overcrowded for the number of people living there. Testing the temperature of the milk on her wrist, Suzie passed it over to a hassled looking Dianne who tentatively poked the teat into little guy’s mouth. The sudden silence was amazing and Reba and Dianne grinned at each other as the only sound in the room was furious sucking, you could almost hear the milk hitting the pit of his stomach.

Suzy sat down wearily and drank her coffee. “He belongs to my youngest daughter Neda, her cousin” she explained to Reba, indicating Dianne with a flick of her eyes. “I’m sorry to have to say this about one of my own but she is bad to the bone and not likely to change I’m afraid, been running wild and free since she was 13 years old. I’ve just been surprised she aint had no young one’s up till now”.

Turning away from the feeding baby for the first time since she had set eyes on him, Dianne spoke up and there was a guarded intensity in her voice that Reba’s antenna picked up instantly.

“So where is Neda now Aunt Suzie, is she coming back for….? What is his name and how old is he? she asked.

“She’s gone back up to Rapid City with those no good friends of hers” her Aunt replied. “That’s where she’s been living for most of the past ten years or more, she only drops by the res. when she’s in trouble with the law and hiding out or wants something from me”. The sour tone in Suzie’s voice was contradicted by the pain in her eyes, eyes that had seen their share of hurt over her sixty years but still grieved for the one that got away.
She sighed deeply and continued. “Neda turned up here a month ago heavily pregnant, how could I turn her away?” she queried as if anticipating the question. “She had the baby 9 days ago and 48 hours later, she was gone. Left a note telling me she never wanted to see him again and I could have him. At least she said she hoped he’d be a better child to me than she had been. As for a name she didn‘t suggest anything and I guess I‘m just too tired this time around to care, we just call him baby”.

In the moment of silence that followed Suzie’s pronouncement Dianne’s gaze returned to now content baby in her lap and Reba didn’t need to be told where her focus was and what she intended. Regardless of what lay ahead, in her mind, that baby was theirs from that moment on.

A burst of laughter outside Willow’s bedroom window brought her out of her reverie, she realized that ten minutes had passed while she held and rocked the baby boy that was now such an integral part of their family. Private adoptions are rare but doable, the paperwork and legal hearings had taken nearly three agonizing months during which Dianne had flown back to Sth. Dakota on 3 separate occasions. On the last trip home, just one month ago, she had brought Lucas back with her and although Willow had seen him in photos, today was the first chance she had had to hold him in her arms. Placing the sleeping child in his basket she smiled down on him.

“I wonder if you know how much happiness you have brought into this world with you little one” she murmured, carrying him outside where under the shade of the trees the naming ceremony was about to begin. It was a simple and joyful event, not slanted towards any particular religion or code of belief,. Annie Le Doux talked briefly but eloquently about the responsibility of raising a child, a task she said that should be shared by the whole extended family, as well as friends. She also acknowledged the special role of the child’s godparents, Jonno and Carol. Finally, after showing the baby to those gathered around, she lifted him in her arms to the heavens above and welcomed Lucas Christian Matson-Carter into their world.

There were cheers and tears in abundance as everyone gathered around to kiss the baby, congratulate his proud Moms and generally rejoice at being together on such a happy occasion. In the general hubbub it took Annie several minutes to make herself heard again but she finally achieved the task by ringing a small, brass bell which pealed out over the din of conversation.

“Can I have your attention again for a moment please folks, I have a special announcement to make”. She grinned at the faces now all turned expectantly towards her and continued. “Unbeknown to most of you, I have been accorded the pleasure of presiding over more than one special event here today. Two very unique souls have decided that today would be the perfect time to affirm their love for each other in front of family and friends and get married” she beamed, aware of the collective gasp of surprise that went up from those gathered around. Before the excited hum of speculation could rise too high the traditional strains of the wedding march from somewhere behind the crowd had them all swinging around to look in that direction.

Descending the front porch steps and walking slowly barefoot across the grass towards them was Willow, dressed in a simple, full length white cheesecloth gown, embroidered with flowers. Her hair had been brushed loose from its braids, there was a circlet of daisies on her head and her ears, wrists, throat, ankles and toes gleamed and jingled with silver jewelry. As if in a choreographed move the crowd parted on either side to allow her to walk down a grass aisle to where they now saw Christian standing and smiling, awaiting his bride. He was wearing a white cheesecloth shirt, embroidered with the same flower designs as Willow’s dress and clean, pressed blue jeans and was also barefoot. Dianne’s eyes stung with unshed tears as she grasped one of her brother’s hands tightly in her left and one of Reba’s, equally tightly, in her right.

“Oh Jonno, I can’t believe it, they must look exactly like the teenagers they were when first they came here” she whispered delightedly as Annie began to speak.

“Family and friends, we are gathered here to celebrate a union to which two very special people have now been committed for exactly forty years this week. When I first met Willow and Christian they were nothing but a pair of starry eyed, love struck idealists and today I am so happy to say that they are still exactly the same” She paused to allow the laughter to die down, then continued speaking.

“For these two I know that today has nothing to do with fulfilling a legal requirement and receiving a certificate and everything to do with an affirmation of vows lovingly and sincerely spoken to each other many times over the course of the years in private but which they would now like to share with you, their family and good friends.” Placing a hand on Christian’s shoulder she gave him a gentle pat and a look of encouragement as he began to speak, looking directly into the eyes of the only woman he had ever loved.

“Lyndelle, my love” he began, almost in a whisper and Dianne and Jonno exchanged looks of delight, he was the only person who ever used Willow’s real name and even then, only very rarely. He paused and cleared his throat, then began again in a stronger and clearer voice. “Lyndelle, I could not have asked for a better life partner, or a more loving mother to our children than you. When I look back at myself, in the arrogance of my youth, I am staggered at what I demanded of you, you who were barely more than a child - that you leave your home, your parents, your studies and run away with me to the wilds of Oregon - simply because I asked it of you. And yet you did it willingly and with such love and trust, it didn’t appear an unusual event. And ever since that day you have gone along with each and every one of my crazy schemes in the same manner. You have borne me two beautiful children who have in turn given me the gifts of three wonderful grandchildren, all of whom carry on some part of your generous spirit. Thank you for never doubting me and for always loving me. Here today, in the presence of our dearest family and friends, I affirm my vow to love, cherish and care for you till the end of our days on this earth.”

“My dearest Christian” Willow’s voice was light and high and full of joy, it fell upon the ears of those listening like the sound of birdsong. “When I think about everything we have done to arrive at this place, this moment, it might seem a little extraordinary to others, but for me it has always been simple. You were my man and you loved me, that was all I ever needed to know. It’s still all I need to know. Everything I am is because you believed in me, I have flown only because you were the wind beneath my wings. I have never broken because you have shown me a hundred different ways to bend. Your patience with my impatience, your solidity when I was fragile, your laughter through my tears, all these things have combined over the years to simply heighten and strengthen the bonds between us. These first forty years have disappeared as if by magic and I’m already looking forward to the next forty with interest, happiness and contentment. I will continue to share my life and my love with you, my partner, my best friend and now, my husband.”

There was barely a dry eye amongst the crows of onlookers as Willow and Christian exchanged beautiful, hand made, silver rings and Annie completed the ceremony.

“By the power vested in me as a due official by the State of Oregon I now pronounce you husband and wife” She smiled widely as the two exchanged a tender kiss to the applause and cheers of those watching. Dianne was the first to reach her parents side and as she hugged them she wondered if she had even seen either of them look this happy.

“Mom, Daddy, that was the most beautiful ceremony I have ever witnessed” she smiled tearfully, “but I can’t believe you managed to keep it a secret all this time.”

“Well, I know how weddings can get out of hand” Willow laughed “plus I was giving your Dad wriggle-room in case he got a case of cold feet, he looked a bit stunned when I first suggested it to him” she laughed.

Christian grinned a little shamefacedly. “I admit to being a little shocked when she first came out with it but when your Mom explained that it was time we began setting a positive example to our children and grandchildren, I started to warm to the idea. Now, I’m not sure why I didn’t do this forty years ago” he laughed.

As all the others stepped up to offer blessings and congratulations to the happy couple, Dianne retreated to where Reba was sitting under the shade of a tree, keeping an eye on Lucas as he slept.

“That was just the biggest surprise of my life” she commented as she sat down beside her girl, throwing an arm around her shoulders and hugging her close.

Reba nodded in agreement. “I know, when Annie first announced that someone was getting married I thought maybe it was going to be Eric and Laverne!

Dianne laughed out loud at the notion. “Not in this lifetime, at least if Laverne has any say in it, she’s happy with things just the way they are. Says that one wedding is more than enough for her.” Stroking a piece of Reba’s hair which was, as usual, escaping the confines of her hair tie, she looked a little pensive. “You know Dad just said that getting married was setting a good example for his children and grandchildren and it occurred to me, that just maybe, the time might be right for us to do the same thing for Lucas. What do you think about that babe?”

Reba‘s green eyes opened wide and as small gasp escaped her lips.

“Hon, did I just hear you right? Was that a proposal? Are you suggesting that we should get married?” she asked breathlessly.

“I guess I did” Dianne responded with a casual wave of her hand that encompassed the people gathered around them. “I mean, when are we ever going to get all these people that we love and who love us, in the same place at the same time again? And Annie is here and all. It would be sort of a waste you know, not to do something now”.

Reba seemed to be dumbstruck, her mouth at least was moving but no sound was coming out and Dianne grinned even wider, taking the opportunity to lean in and kiss her lover gently on those invitingly open lips.

“So what do you say babe? I know we can’t get married for real yet, but the day will come when it’s legal, I just know it will. But for now we can at least have a commitment ceremony and I can’t even begin to tell you how much it would mean to me to stand in front of everyone and tell them how much I love you and what you mean to me. Will you do that with me Reba, please?

“I would be honored to stand with you Dianne”. Reba’s eyes were tear filled but her voice was steady and joyful.

“Well, in that case we had better go tell Annie that we will be requiring her services again before lunch” Dianne jumped to her feet and leaned down to help Reba to hers, before they each took a handle of Lucas’s basket and lifted it gently between them.

“Come on, babe, I don’t know about you , but I’m kind of anxious to make a start on our first forty years!”

THE END

Last edited by MysteryGirl on Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:50 am 
Ecin

*clap clap clap
so glad to see that they are so happy and have such a cute son. such a happy ending Very Happy

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 am 
girlwithguitar4447

What a wonderful ending to such a beautiful story MG! Well, well done!

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am 
Outdoors65

MG,
Great ending to a great story! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Post Sat May 01, 2010 2:06 am 
Allison

What a perfect end to such a lovely story. Well done my friend!!

Alli

Post Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Exclamation Thank you all be being such faithful and encouraging readers. It's what helps me to keep going.

HugZ. Noni

Post Sun May 02, 2010 1:44 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: