BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Cinderella
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SilverBunny

Cinderella

I just found this story I started a while ago. I've never had the chance to finish it but I thought if I post it up perhaps I might find some inspiration to finish Very Happy

I hope you enjoy!
~~~

PART ONE
My father had remarried when the loneliness of my mother’s death made the walls of our house too quiet, too dead. I never knew her name but I knew her voice and haughtiness oh too well. She had two daughters who also shared her arrogance and shrill demanding voice – Sophie and Denise. All in all, after the wedding things became worse then dead, they became hell. My father, however, never knew of these occurrences and he believed that I fit in well with the family - they never let him know otherwise. To be frank, I never let him know otherwise either, as his frowns have lightened on his pale face and his appetite became more prominent at meal times - he had suffered enough after mother’s death.

I never knew why my father had chosen that woman and as I hold his hand now on his deathbed I wonder why his health had tumbled down so quickly. I could hear Sophie’s and Denise’s exaggerated sobbing behind the door and I longed for silence.
Outside the window, the rain was slapping gently like a gentle eulogy. My father looked peaceful, yet so small with the blanket covering almost all of him. I wondered when I was small if he thought I looked the same as I slept and dreamed about gardens and angels from heaven.
I realized that my father’s hand had weakened its grip but I couldn’t bring my eyes to meet him. What am I suppose to say to someone who’s going to die? My wooden chair was getting more and more uncomfortable. My father seemed to clear his throat with a weak grunt; I tore my eyes from the window.

“Cinderella… take care of your stepmother and your stepsisters, they love you dearly,” I nodded not knowing why tears grew in my eyes and my throat swollen with all the things I couldn’t say.
“But… most of all… take care of yourself,” his voice was so faint now I had to kneel down to lean in closer, “do not make yourself love, allow yourself to…” I nodded slowly, shutting my eyes to try and stop the tears.
“Please call your stepmother for me…” it seemed like a last request from my father to me but I didn’t have any strength to stand up. I patted the sheets slowly as if to fix them and pushed myself away from the bed in a daze. I felt the girls rush pass me and their mother flee in as if the world was crumbling to pieces – perhaps it was to me but to them it was a play for them to experiment with their own lines.
Sophie had rushed out after me grabbing; I was too numb to notice any pain. She whispered harshly to me, “I want the kitchen spotless when this is over,” and she rushed back in.

After that night, the chores seemed endless to the point where I had no time to visit the markets or to even sit down to read a story. I also had given up on my efforts of cleaning myself up, after I was sent to the pigsty to wash the pigs every time I bathed.
“Cinderella, wash the dishes,”
“Cinderella, mop the floors,”
“Cinderella! Clean toilets!”
My room was no longer next to my father’s, I had moved to the lower chambers near the cooks and maids. Sophie and Denise moved into my room and my stepmother took father’s room. My meals were the same as the maids and my clothes were taken away from me so that I had to use their old hand-me-downs. They wore my jewellery with pride and called me into their room to clean them, warning if that one piece goes missing they would take away all my meals for a week. I don’t know how those months passed by, they seemed forever… forever scrubbing, forever polishing and forever cleaning.

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:52 am 
SilverBunny

PART TWO

It was a summer evening; Sophie and Denise were up in their rooms with their mother wrapped in excitement about the new necklaces they had just bought. I was down in the living room sweeping up the mess that came with them from the markets from their shoes. There came a slow and steady knock at the door. I set down my broom and opened it, disregarding the look the well garnished man gave me I asked him politely,
“Can I help you with something sir?”
“Yes! My dear maid will you call your master out,” he had a gallant voice which echoed throughout the house and perhaps down the quiet street. I noticed he held in his hand several letters lined with gold and my heart leapt.
“Sorry sir, but you are mistaken, if you disregard my apparel I am also part of the family,”
“Oh! Dear girl, I am most apologetic. Well, as a messenger from the King himself, I would like to…” There was squealing in the background and Sophie and Denise came charging down like bulls. The man jumped back and seemed clearly insulted at such an interruption. They were jibbering nonsensically and excitedly.
Suddenly a voice slightly more shrill than the other two said,
“A message from the King?” said a voice behind the girls. The two sisters hushed up like wide-eyed puppies given a bone. My mother-in-law shoved passed me.
“Yes my lady,” the messenger said with a large bow, “he would like to request the presence of all the females in this village to attend a ball three nights from now to celebrate the return of the Prince,” the girls jumped up and down excitedly. One look from their mother, however, and their eyes dropped to the floor.
“The Prince is looking for a wife so I have been sent here with these invitations.” The messenger took four envelopes from his left hand and handed it to my stepmother. She reached out to take them but stopped halfway realizing there were four,
“My dear sir, there are only 3 ladies in this house,”
“You are not going my lady?”
“There are three ladies, that is my two daughters and I,”
“Well my lady, this fine lady behind you has also been invited,” he gestured to me,
“She is but a maid,”
“A fine one indeed,” he said smiling at me.
There was an evil glare in her eyes that I was sure would burn through anybody staring back but the messenger only smiled, nodded and handed the letters over. He gave me a nod as the door closed and I nodded back in thanks.

Sophie and Denise shoved each other as they raced up the stairs towards their room. I reached for the broom and continued to sweep. I could feel the burning eyes still staring at me even though I was focused on sweeping.
“Hear me,” she said softly, “you have the invitation but that is all you have Cinderella. You shall stay and clean out the cellar,” Anger began to boil in me encouraging my braveness,
“Perhaps if I finished cleaning the cellar before two nights from now, will I be able to go?” My stepmother seemed to be surprised with such a request, knowing all too well how dirty the cellars are, she nodded reluctantly.

So for the next two nights I worked harder than I ever had worked. I swept all the rooms before they came back from their visits to the shops, I wiped down all the windows before they could ask me and all the spare time I had, I spent cleaning the cellars. In between all this, the girls would call out,
“Cinderella iron this”, “Cinderella sew this up,” “Cinderella wash this,” and they would keep going. Then finally that night came, Sophie and Denise dressed up well and somehow I had managed to clean up the cellar. I rushed up to my stepmother,
“I have finished cleaning the cellar,” I said quickly before she could issue any orders.
“Really?” she asked with feigned amazement, I nodded. “Well it’s kind of sad that you didn’t have enough time to choose a gown,” I saw her blood red lips grow larger at this statement and I knew she had planned it all along. Stunned with disbelief at how she could be so selfish I watched as they filed out into the light. It was still early hours but I guessed they wanted to be the first to arrive.

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:55 am 
SilverBunny

PART THREE

I stared at my dirty hands and bit my lips at how pitiful I was to fall into such a trap. I wandered into the backyard, which I had furnished well with lilies and tulips. I felt it was quite beautiful but all the two sisters did were tut and hiss at it. I found myself a nice turf of grass and lay down to stare up at the blue sky. There was a ruffle to my left. I ignored it assuming it was a dog or a cat. So when a shadow fell on me I almost screamed.
“Hello,” said the face with a smile, I looked at her simple yet beautiful gown and almost broke down into tears. She was perhaps my age or a little older and she must be going to the ball and come to taunt me as well. I sat up and pulled my knees towards me in an embrace. She sat down next to me without a sound and we sat like that for a while until the sky had become a pale pink. I didn’t look at her for both shame and embarrassment at my state.
“You shouldn’t sit on the grass,” I said softly, she seemed to jump into reality.
“Sorry, what did you say?” I lifted my head a little and repeated myself.
“’Oh…” she said matching my soft voice, “I’m sorry it’s just, this is such a …”
“It looks bad aye?” I said, looking over at her properly,
“No,” she said stunned turning to look at me with honesty in her eyes, “it looks beautiful! I come here quite a few times when I’m stressed because I feel so at home here, so peaceful…” I couldn’t say anything to her so I turned away to face the flowers swaying in the breeze.
“Did you make this garden yourself?” I nodded. There was a silence but this time a soothing one.
“So why shouldn’t I sit on the grass?” she asked,
“It will get you a green patch,” I said pointing the grass. She giggled. I looked at her wondering what was funny. She stopped.
“It’s just a bit late now don’t you think? If I have a green patch on my bottom it would have been there for a while.” I couldn’t help but smile myself. I stood up rubbing my knees that had become numb from the position I had been in for too long.
“Well, let’s see how we can get you cleaned up, you shall only be a little late,” I said offering my hand and realizing how dirty it was I took it back. She giggled again and somehow I didn’t care if I wasn’t going to the ball. I just wanted her to be happy, I just wanted to hear her musical giggle.
“How about we make a deal?” she asked cheekily,
“What is it?” I asked filled with curiosity,
“Say yes first,” she seemed like her mind was set, it was either a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’.
“Yes,” her smile grew bigger but it was getting quite hard to see with the little light,
“Offer me your hand,”
“It’s dirty,” I said stepping back,
“Offer me your hand,” she repeated, so I did, “good, now let’s get me cleaned up… after we get you cleaned up!” I laughed giving her a pull up,
“Don’t you think it’s too late now? I’m so dirty and I have no nice gowns to wear. I have no way of getting to the palace either,”
“But you must want to go!” she said ignoring my list of reasons. I nodded slowly.
“Then close your eyes,” I shut them, waiting nervously, “Just wait here, I’ll be back soon,” there was shuffling beside me and then there was silence for a while. Then there was lots of shuffling coming towards me, my heart was racing. Why would I trust someone so easily? Was I so naïve again? I was about to open my eyes when I felt her hand feeling for mine.
“Ok you can open your eyes now!”
I opened them and found myself surrounded by 5 maids, one of them holding a beautiful light pink gown. There was one holding some simple earrings and necklace which matched just perfectly with the dress and one holding a pair of glass shoes.
“These fit me so they should fit you,” I was too flabbergasted to say anything.
“Lead us to your bathroom!” The seven of us ran into the house, and in less than an hour they had cleaned me up and dressed me into the gown that was just held before me.
I managed to ask her how she had so many maids; she told me it was her family maids and that when she saw me she immediately asked the maid that was accompanying her to call all the maids and prepare. I was too swept up in everything else that I couldn’t ask her anything but soon enough I found myself sitting opposite her racing towards the palace as the clock struck 9.

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:02 pm 
Mara

Oooooh....! I like it!! Please continue!! Very Happy

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:38 pm 
ThatGirlFierce

me too Very Happy hope you continue soon

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SilverBunny

PART FOUR

“I’m sure you’ll be able to meet the Prince,” she said joyously, I nodded excitedly staring at the passing scene that flew by. I was quiet through most of the ride, nodding occasionally to things she said. At the end of it I managed to say thank you as I stepped off the carriage.
“Are you coming?” I asked her hopefully, nervous at walking through the doors by myself,
“Yes I will be there soon!” she ushered me towards the palace and I walked slowly up the steps towards the large wooden doors, lit up by the warm light that emanated from within.

The doorman opened the door and I walked in. There was a long silence at the late incomer and I tried to avoid the attention from all the eyes that either stared or glared at me. The crowd started to part and there in front of me was the Prince. He was dressed up handsomely in a dark suit. His hair was brushed back neatly and he had a broad grin on his face. I stood like a statue not knowing if I should move or if I should keep looking at him. He started walking closer and now there were hushed voices all around me,
“My fine lady,” he bowed, taking my hand and planting a kiss on my glove, “would you allow me to take you for this dance?” Suddenly, the hall erupted in music and I was in the Prince’s arms, moving this way and that. I managed to catch glimpses of the palace and its wondrous golden walls and paintings. The high ceiling which was adorned with jewels gleamed brightly in the light of many candles and chandeliers. Time seemed to fly by so quickly that I jumped slightly in the Prince’s arms when the clock struck 11.
“Let’s take a break my lady and I shall get you a drink,” I nodded, searching for familiar faces in the ball. I spotted my stepsisters and stepmother scowling as they ate. Then through a couple that danced, I saw her face. My heart skipped a beat. It was then that I realized I never asked for her name.

“Here you are,” he handed me the cup and I smiled in thanks. After the drink we continued to dance. I was comfortable in his arms just like before but I realized that neither the first dance nor this one drew any ‘spark’ that I hear about when people fall in love. I wondered if it was strange as I kept looking around to try and catch a glimpse of her but only found that my stepsisters were leaving. I knew that they didn’t recognise me dressed up in my gown and for once clean or else they would have used me to get closer to the Prince. I looked up at the clock, the time was almost midnight – the party was almost at its end. I had to get home before them to avoid their questions of where I had been, turning quickly from the Prince I strode towards the doors.
“Is something wrong?” he asked me a worried look striding after me and holding onto my arm,
“Yes, I must go now!” I said sounded a little less then hysterical and then I spotted her - the girl who I had met in my garden. She saw me too and waved. I ran over to her a little out of breath with the Prince staring at me in disbelief.
“I really must go now if they find out I’m not at home all hell is going to break loose,” I told her quickly, she nodded. I turned away from her and started running as best as I could, in heels, towards the door.
“Wait for me!” she shouted catching up to me.
“Oh no! My clothes,” I whispered into her ear when she had reached close enough for no one to hear,
“Let me ask the coachman to give you a lift back. We will definitely reach home before them!” She seemed more excited then scared unlike me. I didn’t have time to think. The Prince ran up to us and I shouted a sorry as I ran away from him.

At the stairs I realized my feet weren’t use to the heels and the loud striking of midnight caused me to trip over, saved only by the girl’s hand which grabbed mine to hold me steady.
“Oh I dropped the shoe!” I shouted turning back but she kept running and pulling me with her,
“Come on let’s go! I’ll get it back later!” she urged me and we kept running towards the coach.

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:44 am 
SilverBunny

PART FIVE

Inside the coach she closed the curtains and lit a small candle as we sat to catch our breath.
“How should I give this back to you?” I said a little calmer now and pointed to the beautiful gown,
“Take it off now,” she said with a grin – my heart skipped another beat. I wasn’t sure if she was serious or just joking so I questioned further,
“What about my clothes?”
“Do you think you can run naked into the house without being noticed?” she was about to burst from laughter and I laughed too picturing myself running naked into the house and the bewildered faces of my stepsisters. Then I realized she must have been picturing a similar thing and surprisingly felt my cheeks grow warm. She hadn’t been there when I was naked as the maids were doing their job so she hadn’t seen me. I breathed a sigh of relief.
“I’m not serious so don’t look so worried. I told the maids to bring your old clothes. I had a feeling you might need them, though it saddens me I can’t give you cleaner ones,” she said looking like she meant it. I smiled, catching my breath as she caught my eye,
“Thank you so much, I won’t forget tonight. I hope you would forgive me though...” I said to her and she gave me a raised eyebrow,
“Whatever for?”
“I never asked your name,” She took my hand in hers and shook it,
“Nice to meet you, my name is Julia, may I be honoured with the name of such a beautiful princess?”
“It’s a pleasure to be of acquaintance, I hope to not disappoint you but I’m not a princess… I am simply Cinderella,” I said back in her mock honorable tone and we both laughed.
“Cinderella?” she asked me after a few seconds,
“Yes?”
“We do have to get you changed,” she said in a sensible way, yet I still felt my cheeks warming up again, “Turn around and let me help you. “ I avoided her eyes as I shuffled out of my seat and awkwardly turned around so that my back was to her. I held onto the door to try and keep me steady but I felt that every bump and turn we went through I would definitely fall over. I felt the laces come loose around me and she began taking off the first layer and then the second. I was down to the last one when she said,
“Ok done, you can do this part because I can’t reach it,” she said and I quickly turned around to sit down again but for some reason the coach jumped up and I fell forward. I saved myself from flattening her completely by placing my hands on either side of her and held myself up. She stared at my single layered covered chest for a moment as it was right in front of her and then stared up at me and straight into my eyes. I stared away and pushed myself away from her. My head was spinning and I forced myself to breathe again. Why did this girl have such an effect on me?
“Sorry about that,” I said avoiding her gaze, she cleared her throat,
“It’s ok, you should change soon and you can keep the shoe if you want,” she said in a tone I couldn’t decipher and handed me my old dirty clothes. When I looked up she was staring outside the window so I changed quickly and finished just as the coach slowed down. The coachman came and opened the door for me to come out. I looked over at Julia who had remained silent through the rest of the trip.
“Thank you,” I whispered as I got out of the coach, “and I am really sorry for what happened,” feeling that I must have insulted her with my clumsy actions, “I hope I can repay you one day,” she turned to me and smiled, a very small smile,
“They’re coming soon you should go.” I didn’t want to move, I wanted to say a proper apology. I wanted to make her smile like when we first met in my garden but she had turned away again so I walked away into my house feeling empty and confused. A few minutes later I heard the loud shrill voices of my stepsisters and their complaints about how the Prince was a disappointment. I knew they only said so because they didn’t have a chance to exchange the dance with him. I had forgotten completely about him till then.

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:46 am 
ThatGirlFierce

yay two more parts love it Very Happy

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
WonderWhy

Hmmm. I like this new twist on an old tale. Keep up the great work. I wonder if they'll do a Drew Barrymore film of this one too?

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:35 pm 
SilverBunny

PART SIX

Everything seemed to go back to its normal routine after. Everything except my thoughts. I was supposed to feel something for the Prince, we had spent so much time dancing with each other. Throughout the night he had come so close to me that I was leaning on him yet it was nothing compared to what I had felt when Julia smiled at me and held my hand. It’s been almost a month now …. Am I starting to imagine the way my heart raced when she started taking off my layers?
My thoughts seemed to run in circles and it seemed that by the end of the night Julia was angry at me… maybe she knew how I was feeling. That was crazy… but what if she did? What if my eyes betrayed the thoughts behind them?

There was a knock at the door. The stepsisters have made it a habit now that they open the door. I heard the loud voice of the messenger and I moved towards the door to try and see.
“The Prince is searching for his love that had left her glass slipper behind. If your feet fit into this shoe and you can show me that you have another one then you would be escorted to the palace, pronto.”
The sisters rushed the messenger into the living room and started to try on the shoe. Both the sisters’ feet were far too large and they sat down in frustration making excuses that their feet were swollen from work but the messenger refused to listen and instead asked,
“I believe there was another lady in this house apart from your dear mother.” I walked into the living room at this point and he saw me and smiled,
“Ah! Come and try on the glass slipper,” I nodded slowly, and shyly slipped it on. It fit perfectly and my stepsisters sat with bulging eyeballs.
“Would you have the other shoe my dear?” he asked and I slowly slipped my hand into my pocket and revealed the other pair. There was a deafening silence, which was broken by the messenger,
“Let us go then my dear Princess-to-be!”

I was set immediately in the carriage, in my dirty rags and rushed towards the palace. I looked around the carriage; feeling displaced from the cleanliness of the seats and feared that my hands might dirty the surfaces. The journey to the palace reminded me so much of Julia and I longed to see her again, to see her gleaming smile. When the carriage slowed down, the door opened and I was led out by the messenger through another entrance. When he led me in, he stopped and spoke softly – a fete I previously believed was impossible for him,
“We’ll get you cleaned up before the Prince sees you, ok?” I nodded and watched him leave. A maid came in and asked me to follow her. I walked up the stairs and through several long and large hallways decorated well with flowers and paintings till we finally reached a room,
“I believe you have met Princess Julia already, she’s waiting inside,” I froze, princess? The maid gestured in and I walked in slowly, short of breath. There at the window stood Julia… Princess Julia. She turned around and I hesitated slightly before curtseying. I avoided her eyes completely, strongly aware of my state.
“I guess you know now,” she said a little sadly, I nodded,
“I’m sor- “ she interrupted me before I finished,
“Please don’t start with an apology. I’ll call in the maids to get you ready,” I couldn’t’ say anything to refuse, to ask for more time. She was a person of high authority now, even her mannerisms had changed – she was no longer her bubbly and excited self. Can these few months change a person so much?

The maids came in and led me into another room connected to the room I was previously in with Julia. They washed and cleaned more thoroughly then before and it soon grew dark and my skin grew wrinkly with all the soaking in the water. Eventually they finished and dressed me into a very comfortable night dress. I loved the feel of the fabric and the lightness and freshness of the dress. They led me back into the room I was in before and said that I should wait but this time Julia wasn’t in the room. There was only me.

I walked over to the window that Julia was staring out before and looked up at the dark night glistening with stars. It was such a beautiful night and I ached for a walk outside for some fresh air. The door creaked and I turned around finding Julia walking towards me, when she got close enough she stopped,
“You look beautiful,” she said with that same sad tone she had before. On a closer look I saw her skin was quite pale and her eyes had dark patches below them.
“Thank you,” I said, “I hope I am not being rude but I was wondering what is happening tonight?”
“Oh I’m sorry; the Prince had some very important business he had to attend to tonight. He asks for your forgiveness and hopes it is ok that we delay the meeting till tomorrow,” she sounded so formal that I believe I must have really hallucinated that whole night. There was an awkward silence before she continued,
“You must be hungry, shall we eat?”
I nodded and she started moving towards the door. I don’t know why I did it but I ran up to her and with my eyes still focused on the door I reached for her hand. She froze. As if something finally clicked in my brain I let go of her hand and stepped away,
“Sorry, I don’t know why I did that,” she didn’t look at me but I saw her face flush slightly pink just as mine was raging red.
[/u]

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 am 
SilverBunny

PART SEVEN
Dinner was the two of us because everyone else had their dinner already, she explained as we ate. I nodded and ate the food, which to me was a luxury I hadn’t experienced since the death of my father. I felt the atmosphere lighten up a bit during dinner so when we had both filled our tummies with the dinner and dessert I asked if I could take a walk outside,
“A walk outside?” she asked slightly amused,
“I just haven’t had the chance to stroll around outside for a very long time,”
“Well then I should join you if you don’t mind?”
“Yes, please do,” I said happily and wiped my mouth before I stood up. She followed suite and lead the way out into the gardens. Her gardens were large and lined with all different types of flowers that left the sweetest aroma as we strolled pass them.
“I really don’t know why you said my garden was nice when yours is so much grander,” she looked around and shook her head and we stopped walking.
“This is just a design, a decoration…yours was from here,” she pointed to my heart and kept her finger there. She looked at me expectantly as if I was suppose to do something,
“I um…” I faltered,
“Will you close your eyes?” I closed them. I felt her hand press against my heart now and I raised my hand to hold on to hers. My heart was racing crazily that I swore she could not only feel it but hear it as well. Then I felt her lips touch my cheek softly and hesitantly. The world had stopped. She kissed me so lightly it felt more like a soft breath against my skin, which moved closer and closer to my lips. I melted when our lips finally touched. She had drawn herself closer to me so that her other hand was wrapped around my neck. I felt her tongue tease at my lips and I let her in. I had never been kissed in my life, let alone experience any of these feelings that she made me feel. I didn’t let go of her hand when she moved it away from my heart but instead intertwined my fingers with hers.
“I never knew…” she said when we broke our kiss and I blinked slightly dazed,
“Neither did I…” I said back and hugged her closer. The crickets were chiming in the background and the wind was rustling the leaves in the tree beside us. I never felt so safe and happy.
“I was so scared I had lost you that night when you met my brother,” she sighed into my neck, “and in the carriage I couldn’t help my thoughts run wild as a summer fire. I didn’t dare look at you after you almost fell on me because if I did… I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from doing this…” she moved her head a little and kissed my lips tenderly.
“I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you too… and I must be crazy but I do not have any interest in your brother,”
“Then I am glad,” she said thoughtfully, “Did you know Cinderella… I fell in love with you before I met you,” I froze slightly,
“Is that possible Julia?” she nodded a few times slowly,
“I remember the first time I saw you… I was angry at my father who had ordered me to stay at home, where I should be, it is my duty, he had told me. But I was stubborn so I left the palace and wandered down the streets. When I walked passed your house I heard shouting of “Cinderella, Cinderella”. It was said with such ferocity I had through that this “Cinderella” person must have been a terrible person.” I chuckled,
“I surely hope I’m not,”
“I’m definite you’re not. So I walked around the house trying to see what this Cinderella looked like to no avail until I reached the backyard and there you were… lost in your own world, watering the beautiful flowers. You were obviously not an angel, I had thought to myself, for angels weren’t dressed so raggedly but you truly left me breathless. Then I heard “Cinderella, cook food”, and you disappeared. Then you came back for a bit, and then it was, “Cinderella, Cinderella, clean the table”. I had felt so helpless watching you run in and out of the house. So for many months I had watched you, feeling hopeless while you slaved away but I couldn’t do anything. It was then that the invitations were sent out and I knew that you were not going to be allowed but if there was one thing I could do, is that I could make it possible for you to go. I was so nervous sitting next to you that I was glad you didn’t start talking to me. I was so scared you were going to tell me to leave.”

“Of course not, I’m not that unkind,” I said wrapping my arms around her protectively, feeling just right,
“But I didn’t know of course… you looked so beautiful that night Cinderella, my brother was mesmerized and talked of you non-stop after that night. But he doesn’t know you, he knew nothing of you and I told him nothing. I’m selfish, I know but I couldn’t, I just couldn’t bear the memory of you dancing with him and the idea of you in his arms for the rest of your life.”

“Don’t be so somber Julia,” I said, planting a kiss on her forehead, “am I crazy Julia?” I asked impulsively. She laughed softly,
“What makes you think you’re crazy?”
“For being glad you feel the same way about me?”
“If you are then I am too! Or maybe we are the only sane people in the world and everyone else is crazy!” she said so ecstatically I laughed too.
“My dad said to me once…” I started remembering back to how my dad looked in his last few minutes, “that I should not make myself, but rather let myself love.” Julia snuggled into me and I realized it was getting quite late and cold.
“I agree with him,” she said after a while and whispered reluctantly, “We should go in,”
“Yeah,” I agreed, “Where am I staying though?” she started walking and I followed her, our hands still intertwined,
“In my bed,” she said with a cheeky grin and winked. I blushed a deep red.

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am 
beaustiful

I'm loving this Very Happy please keep it coming!!!! Very Happy

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:59 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

What a cute twist on an old story, Like Alli, I am truly loving this.

HugZ, MG

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 pm 
cloudnine

awesome story! i really like the twist lol

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:04 am 
NitWhit

This is brilliant. I always wanted to hear a fairytale involving two girls. Smile (Is that strange?) lol

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: