BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Premonitions

Black Cloud

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Black Cloud

Hmmmm, well I seem to dream about black clouds quite frequently and they are a dead give away that something is going to happen that is actually 'doom and gloom.'

On this particular night I dreamt about dark clouds surrounding my own home! Dark, ominous, foreboding clouds. Swirling across, in front, behind and above my own home. I remember being very fitful, kind of like asleep but not asleep, because I was also aware of moving around in my bed, fidgety, or fitful as I said. A dream about my own home which, in my subconscious state rang alarm bells in my mind. I know I did not want to dream about my home or anyone in it! Certainly not when associated with the the 'doom and gloom' clouds!

Well I dreamt the clouds, I dreamt my home. I did not dream about anyone in my home. At first I remember thinking, thank god, but that chain of thought soon changed to one of anxiety, because I did not know who to warn! The dream continued for what seemed to be a long time, but in reality was actually not that long and ended with many images of cars, my car and my partners' car to be precise. All images flashing and mingled, clouds, my home, my car, my partners' car. There was no order to the images, they were random and flashing.

The dream ended with a 'freeze-frame' image of the dark clouds surrounding my car and I awoke startled, sweating and very agitated. I remember looking at the clock, only 30 minutes had passed since I had first gone to bed. So I know for certain that my dream was short-lived!

What did I do?

As soon as my partner and I woke up I said about my dream and warned that something was going to happen to either them or myself in the car. I could not be more accurate than that. I mentioned it was likely one of us might have a car accident and to drive with extra care and vigilance.

I drove to work and parked my car. I was there safe and sound. I rang my partner and they were at work, safe and sound. Totally non-incidental at this time. Mind you, my dream did not tell me when this 'accident' might occur, I had only assumed it would be on the day following the night of the dream itself.

My partner finished work earlier than me that day and rang from home to tell me they were home safe. That meant I was going to have the car accident, or the date was wrong.

I remember leaving work slightly anxious about my drive home. I resolved to drive a different route, which was slower and less busy. I walked through the turn-style and through the car park to my car.

It was dark, although there were some street lights on in the car park. Not many cars were still there as it was quite late. Most people had already left (lucky people!).

I got into my car and turned on the ignition, looking into the mirrors to check I could see them ok. I noticed that the drivers wing mirror was turned in, like someone had walked past and knocked it into my car. Opening the window I pushed it into position and then noticed a crack along the mirror!

I know the mirror had not been cracked when I had parked the car. I also know that the car had been parked in the same spot all day, a total of about 12 hours. I decided to get out of the car to see if there was anything else wrong, taking my torch from the dash to get a better look.

I shone the torch down the side of my car. There was damage to the drivers door and wing mirror, damage to the off-side passengers door and also the off-side rear wing. It looked as though a car such as a range rover type, with a high front fender had creased the panels all the way down my car.

I drove home without incident, but then, I think I knew that I would not be in a car crash. I had not dreamt of a person, or a place, only home, black clouds and cars. I felt calm driving home, this was what my dream had been about, I was certain. I was safe!

Do you know, in total it cost approximately £1000 to fix the damage to my car.

Believe it or not, I have never felt so lucky! My car was damaged but I was not, nor was any of my family. After all, you can replace metal but not people.

I was very lucky indeed.

The End

Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:38 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: