BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Sideways Complete 1/2/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
PipSqueak

Shocked oh, I've just found the Dragon story. Sleep first, I'll catch up tomorrow! Smile

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 pm 
Allison

LOL Pip there two new sections to Tail of the Dragon and should have another one up soon. Will get back to these ladies soon. Enjoy!!

Alli

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
ladielove

Alli another AWESOME story, you never cease to amaze me with the stories you write . If you don't know by now how awesome your writting is , I will say it again, YOUR AND AWESOME WRITTER! And you have the rite to hold your head up high and brush your should off saying DAMN! IM AND AWESOME WRITER! ONLY because your # 1 FAN! ladielove said so lol. Now tell me who's doing the stocking lol is it the chick from the art gallery. I've miss reading your stories, thanks for shareing another great one.

Very Happy ladielove.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:41 pm 
Allison

LOL Thanks ladie!! Don't know who the red head is yet, but working on it.

Alli

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Allison

FORTY-ONE

Dom’s adrenalin was in full throttle as she stepped on the court with Devin and Alicia and left both of them staring at her in shock as she easily took the first game. “I think we are in for some major trouble tonight,” Alicia said to Devin.

“She’s definitely pumped up,” Devin said.

“I’m just so excited that everything is coming together so well with the team and the fitness center,” Dom said. “I also went out and bought a surprise for Sam on my lunch break.”

“Oh really, what did you get?” Devin asked.

“We have been talking about getting a small SUV, so I went out and bought one for her today.”

“That’s fantastic Dom,” Alicia said. “Does Sam know yet?”

“No, not yet, I’m having it delivered this afternoon as a surprise.”

“She’s going to love it, I’m sure,” Devin said.

“I hope so. It feels really good.”

After two more games, each of them had racked up a win. “One more for the tie breaker,” Devin asked?

Dom looked at Alicia and they both nodded. Twenty minutes later, Alicia proved the victor and the three of them left the court in search of some water.

After a quick break, Dom left them to finish burning the DVD’s for the spinning room. “I’m going to shower and head for home to get ready for tonight,” Alicia said.

“I’m going to go check out this spinning room and then I’ll shower and head for home too.”

Devin left the room in search of Dom. She found her sitting in the floor of the new spinning room with her laptop burning the DVD’s. “Hey Devin,” Dom said when she heard her enter the room.

“I thought I would come take a peek at the bikes since you were so excited. They look pretty monstrous.”

“They are top of the line and can do just about everything but floss your teeth,” Dom teased.

“How about giving me a demo tomorrow afternoon?”

Dom beamed with pride. “Sure Devin, just let me know what time.”

“Bev and I have a training to do for one of the clients, but we should be back by mid-afternoon, how about four again?”

“That would be great and if you can convince Bev to come with you, I promise to start you both off easy.”

“I will try my best. See you tomorrow,” Devin said and left the room to make her way to the locker room for a shower.

Alicia was getting dressed when Devin entered. “See you at seven,” she said as she walked past to her locker.

“See you then,” Alicia said and left the locker room.

Devin showered and drove home to find Hilary waiting for her with a glass of wine. “I thought we could relax for a few minutes before we go to Alicia’s.”

Devin took the glass and kissed Hilary, enjoying the taste of the wine in her mouth. “Mm, you taste delicious,” she said when the kiss ended.

“Do you want to change into something more comfortable?” Hilary asked.

“I think I’ll join you in some jeans.”

Devin left the room and changed clothes before joining Hilary on the couch. “How was your day?”

“I had a good day,” Hilary said. “I have a long day tomorrow, so it was nice to have an easy day.”

“Will you need to be up early in the morning?”

“No, the first surgery is scheduled later in the morning, but it will be eight or after before I make it home. I have a late surgery, but it can’t be rescheduled.”

“No problem Darling. I will come home and relax for a bit and then cook some dinner for us.”

“That sounds wonderful,” Hilary said draining her glass. “Do you want me to drive tonight?”

“Yes please,” Devin said.

Nessa was in the kitchen cooking when Alicia arrived home. She opened the door and was greeted by the smell of garlic. She slipped into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around Nessa’s waist. “Something smells terrific,” she said as she nuzzled Nessa’s neck.

“I thought I would make some pasta to give with the steaks. I have some fresh asparagus to steam and there’s a salad chilling in the freezer.”

“I guess I had better get the steaks marinating then,” Alicia said.

Nessa turned the heat off from under the pan of sauce she was stirring and placed a lid on it. “Would you like to join me for a glass of wine when you finish?”

“That would be lovely. Go ahead and pour and I will join you in just a few minutes.”

Nessa took an opened bottle of wine and two glasses into the living room and set them on the coffee table before pouring their wine.

“Devin and Hilary will be here at seven,” Alicia said from the kitchen.

“That should give us just enough time to relax with a glass of wine,” Nessa said.

“I hear you met Dom today,” Alicia said.

“Yes, we had a great team meeting out at the training camp this morning. I am very impressed with her and Sam so far. They seem to be doing an excellent job of developing the team.”

“She was on cloud nine this afternoon when the spinning bikes were delivered,” Alicia said as she walked into the room.

Nessa patted the couch beside her. “Come sit with me and enjoy some wine.”

Alicia took a seat and the glass of wine Nessa held out to her and took a sip. “Great choice,” she said.

“It does have a lovely taste,” Nessa said. “I brought in two more bottles for dinner.”

“That should be plenty. I don’t know if Hilary will drink much if she has surgery early in the morning.”

“What type of surgeon is she again?”

“She specializes in plastic surgery,” Alicia said.

“Maybe I should get an appointment with her to fix my nose,” she said.

Alicia chuckled and leaned forward and kissed Nessa’s nose. “There is nothing wrong with it. There is nothing about you that I would change.”

“You, My Love, are so very smooth,” Nessa said as she leaned into Alicia for a kiss.

Dom finished burning the DVD’s and left them in the spinning room as she took her laptop back to the office. She walked back in to take one last look at her new bikes then turned the lights off and started to lock up for the night.

Sam pulled into the drive and saw the SUV parked there and wondered if Dom had company or if a neighbor had parked in the drive for some reason. She parked her rental and used her keys to go inside. Dom should be home soon she thought as she spread out the Chinese food she had brought home across the counter. She had just opened a bottle of beer when she heard Dom’s bike pull into the drive.

Dom parked her bike and walked to the house wearing a bright smile. She fished the extra set of keys from her pocket and entered the house.

“Hey Baby,” Sam said. “I just opened a beer, do you want one?”

“In a minute, can you come help me for a second?”

“Sure,” Sam said as she crossed the room and kissed Dom. “What do you need?”

“I have something outside I need your help with.”

Dom took Sam’s hand and led her out to the drive way where the SUV was parked, then turned to kiss her again as she slipped the keys in her hand.

“What is this?” Sam said.

“This is your new vehicle,” Dom said.

“What do you mean my new vehicle?”

Dom smiled at her. “We need a reliable vehicle and something that could be multipurpose, so I picked this out for you.”

“It is beautiful,” Sam said as she stared at the vehicle.

“Come on, you can take us for a short drive,” Dom said.

Sam used the remote to unlock the car and found a set of keys in the ignition and handed Dom the spare set. She turned the key and the motor purred to life. Dom could see the smile on Sam’s face by the light of the dash board as she put the vehicle in reverse and took them for a spin around the neighborhood.

“This is perfect for us,” Sam said. “I can’t wait to see it in the daylight.”

“I’m glad you like it Sam.”

“I love it,” she said close to tears.

“It fits you perfectly,” Dom said as they pulled back into the driveway.

“Yes it does,” Sam said as she turned off the ignition and pulled Dom close for a passionate kiss.

Dom smiled when they broke the kiss. “That was delicious.”

“There are plenty more where that came from. I brought home some Chinese takeout, but that can wait until later,” Sam said with a grin.

“Chinese is usually better cold,” Dom said as she followed her lover into the house to their bedroom.

Hilary parked the car and reached for Devin’s hand as they walked to the front door. “I love you,” she whispered as her hand reached for the doorbell.

“I love you too,” Devin said and kissed Hilary.

The door opened and Alicia stood there grinning at them. “Should I close the door and give you two a few more minutes?”

“No, I’m starving,” Devin said.

“Come on in then. I’ve got some sausage grilling for an appetizer until we are ready for dinner.”

“Hello,” a dark-haired woman said as she poured two glasses of wine.

“This is Nessa,” Alicia said. “Nessa, this is Devin and Hilary,” she said to introduce her friends.

“Nice to finally meet you,” Devin said.

“Likewise, I have heard so much about the two of you. May I pour you some wine?”

“That would be great,” Devin said.

“Come on out to the patio with me Hilary and the ladies will bring some wine.”

Hilary followed Alicia onto the patio as Devin walked into the kitchen to pick up two glasses of wine. “Something smells good,” she said as she entered the kitchen.

“I made some home-made Alfredo sauce for some pasta to go with the steaks,” Nessa said.

“In that case if it tastes half as good as it smells I’m in deep trouble.”

“I hope so then,” Nessa said. “I hear trouble is all the rage these days,” she said with a wink.

Devin chuckled as she followed Nessa out to the patio. She handed Hilary a glass of wine and settled in next to her on the loveseat.

Alicia was turning the sausage on the grill and took the glass of wine Nessa offered. “Thanks,” she said sweetly.

“You are welcome. Do you need me to bring out some small plates and forks?” Nessa asked.

“Please and some honey mustard,” Alicia said.

“I will be right back,” Nessa said and returned inside the house.

“She is gorgeous,” Hilary whispered to Alicia.

“Yes she is,” Alicia said smiling back at her ex.

Hilary’s hand landed on Devin’s thigh and she could feel the heat radiating through the fabric of her jeans. She turned to face Hilary to find her smiling at her and she knew then the love she felt from Hilary was genuine. She may remark about another woman’s looks, but her heart belonged to Devin.

Nessa returned carrying the plates and forks. She handed the plates to Alicia and returned to the kitchen for the honey mustard and some napkins.
Alicia took the sausage off the grill and cut it into bite-sized slices to allow it to cool. “Give it a minute to cool off,” she said as she handed each of them a plate of sausage.

“This looks great,” Devin said as she was tempted to take a bite and risk scalding her mouth. “It’s torture having to wait though.”

“Patience, young one,” Alicia said as she sat next to Nessa and kissed her softly.

“Haven’t you learned patience isn’t one of her better qualities?” Hilary asked.

“Hey now, no ganging up on me,” Devin said as she popped a piece of sausage into her mouth and began immediately fanning her face. “Damn, that’s hot.”

“I warned you,” Alicia said, as she dipped a piece of sausage into the honey mustard and blew on it gently before she popped it in her mouth.

Hilary grinned and dipped another piece into the sauce and offered it to Devin. Devin smiled and opened her mouth for the tasty offering. “Mm, that is much better.”

They finished off the sausage and their glasses of wine as they chatted.

“Are we ready for some steaks?”

“I will bring them out to you and get started on the veggies,” Nessa said.

“Would you like some help?” Devin asked.

“I could use some company, but I can handle the cooking.”

Devin followed Nessa into the kitchen and returned moments later to bring the steaks to Alicia. She kissed Hilary and took her wine glass inside for a refill. She poured them all fresh glasses and took Hilary and Alicia’s out to the patio while Nessa rinsed the asparagus. She returned and sat on a stool across the counter from Nessa.

“So what do you think of Atlanta so far?”

Nessa turned and gave Devin one of her brilliant smiles. “I love it. It’s not the fast pace of Miami, but it appears large enough to meet any need I may have.”

“I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I’ve found the city and its people most accommodating.”

“Nothing like good old Southern hospitality,” Nessa said.

“I always thought that was sarcastic, but it really is true. The people down here are much more likely to take you in and feed you a hot meal than most folks up north.”

“It is very different. So Hilary is a surgeon?” she asked.

“Yes,” Devin said. “She specializes in plastic and restorative surgery.”

“That is very impressive and you are an attorney at Alicia’s firm correct?”

“Yes, Alicia is teaching me the ropes of corporate law.”

“I bet she is a very good teacher.”

“I have learned much from her in just a short time.”

“Yes, I would imagine so,” Nessa turned and gave Devin a sly smile.

Devin was just about to comment when the door opened to the patio and Hilary walked in to the kitchen. “The Chef says she needs a platter for the steaks,” she announced.

Hilary walked over to a cabinet and took out a platter and stopped to give Devin a kiss on the way back to the porch.

“She seems very familiar with the place,” Nessa said.

Devin chuckled. “Hilary and Alicia are old friends.”

“Lover’s too from what Alicia has told me. Does that present any problems?”

“None whatsoever,” Devin said. “We keep work at work and we socialize when we can.”

Nessa turned around and leaned against the counter. “Does it feel strange knowing you have been intimate with both and that they were previous lovers?” she asked.

“No, not at all, I realize that there is history between them and still a very strong friendship that I would never dream of interfering with.” Devin was a little surprised at Nessa’s curiosity. “Even though we are in a serious relationship, we both still have other friends and there is no feeling of possessiveness or jealousy.”

“I have to admit that is special. I can’t help but feel a little green with envy when Alicia talks about the two of you.”

Devin chuckled at her honesty. “There’s no need to feel like that. Hilary and I are very committed to one another.”

Nessa seemed to digest that comment until Alicia and Hilary arrived carrying a platter of steaks. “I think we are going to get some rain soon, so we better eat inside,” Alicia said.

Devin and Hilary set the table while Nessa and Alicia finished in the kitchen. When all the food was brought to the table they sat and shared a lovely meal and finished the bottle of wine as a light sprinkling of rain began to fall.

At ten, Hilary turned to Devin. “I think it’s time for us to be heading out.”

“I can’t believe how the time has flown,” Devin said when she looked at her watch.

“Thank you both for a lovely meal,” Hilary said.

“It was great to have you over. We should do this more often,” Alicia said.

“Yes, we should,” Nessa agreed.

“I will see you in the morning Boss,” Devin said as she followed Hilary to the front door.

“You two need to be careful. I’m sure the roads are still rain slicked,” Alicia said.

“We will,” Hilary said as she took Devin’s arm.

They settled into Hilary’s car and Devin looked over at Hilary. “That was fun, but I can’t wait to snuggle up in your arms.”

“Ditto,” Hilary said with a grin. “It’s nice to go out, but going home is even better.”

They parked in the garage and walked inside as a dark sedan made a u-turn and drove into the night.

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:20 pm 
TaylorSwiftFan

That was a great add!

Smile Looking forward to the next one.

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Alli, you have made a crappy Monday morning brighter, two adds to existing stories AND a new one. I'm in heaven Very Happy

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:09 am 
PipSqueak

Oh my, thank you!!! I LOVE this story and am so pleased to see you return to it. I've missed the characters so much.

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm 
Stormchaser

new chapter's great! thanks alli

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 am 
Allison

FORTY-TWO

“That was a lovely dinner,” Devin said as they undressed and prepared for bed.

“Yes, it was, but I’m glad to be home.”

“Are you becoming a home body Dr. Adams?”

“I guess you could say that. It’s just I’ve never had anyone before that I would rather stay at home with until now.”

Devin frowned at Hilary. “I’m not sure exactly how to take that.”

Hilary tossed a pillow at her from the bed. “It is meant entirely as a compliment, you goof. I just want to keep you all to myself.”

“Well since you put it that way, I guess its fine,” Devin said as she carried the pillow back to the bed and climbed in. “For a moment there I thought you were embarrassed to be seen in public with me.”

“No way, I just love showing off the hot new babe I have,” Hilary answered. “Am I selfish just to want you for myself?”

“Maybe a little, but I’m not complaining,” Devin said as she snuggled in to Hilary’s arms. “Oh this is so much nicer.”

“What do you think about heading back up to the cabin this weekend?”

“I would love that,” Devin said. “I need to drop by and check on Gran sometime this week though.”

“Why don’t you go tomorrow night, since I will be late?”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Devin said. “Then I can come home and have dinner with you.”

“It’s a date then,” Hilary said as she kissed the top of Devin’s head and turned off the lamp.

“Devin sure is adorable,” Nessa said.

“Yes, she is,” Alicia answered with a pause.

“Any regrets for not pursuing her aggressively?”

“No, she is quite happy with Hilary and besides I wouldn’t have you if I did,” she added with a grin.

“A perfect answer,” Nessa said as she pulled Alicia into her arms for a deep kiss.

Dom and Sam had showered and were sitting in the middle of their living room floor eating the cold Chinese food Sam had brought home. “See this isn’t bad cold,” Dom said with a devilish grin.

“It’s actually very good. Not as tasty as the main course was, but it hits the spot,” Sam answered.

“I wish I could be with you tomorrow morning.”

“No worries Mate, we will just be measuring and fitting bikes. You will see the girls when they come in for their evaluations.”

“I know, but I want to carry my share of the load.”

“Dom, you will be doing that and more, I promise you.”

They finished off their garlic noodles and then prepared for bed. Sam snuggled into Dom’s warmth. “Do you have a good fitness evaluation set up for the team?”

“I do, I plan on using the new spinning bikes to give them a vigorous workout. I will be testing heart rates, O2 saturation as well as speed and endurance. I have already downloaded a routine that should give me a general idea of their current fitness level.”

“I am anxious to see how Bailey scores,” Sam said. “The woman totally infuriates me.”

“Because she has so much untapped talent,” Dom asked?

“Yes and so far has not put in the effort to be the great rider she could be.”

“Have some faith in us My Love. If anyone can turn her into the best rider it will be you and I,” Dom said. “It won’t be easy dealing with Bailey’s lack of work ethic, but it will pay great dividends to push her hard and demand the best from her.”

“I know I’m just not used to having to deal with temper tantrums from a grown woman.”

“Now Sam, give her a fair chance,” Dom teased.

Sam chuckled. “I’d really like to start her off by turning her over on my knee and giving her a good spanking.”

“That might be incentive for Bailey to keep showing out,” Dom said and brought a blush to Sam’s cheeks.

“Ok, scratch that idea,” Sam said as she rested her head on Dom’s chest.
Hilary woke Devin for breakfast in bed. She placed a tray between them on the bed with steaming hot coffee and toasted bagels with cream cheese.

“Good morning, My Love,” she said as Devin’s sleepy eyes came open.

“Oh wow, breakfast in bed,” Devin said as she carefully pulled her body up on the bed. “This looks fabulous.”

“It isn’t all that, but I thought it might get you through until mid-morning.”

“Bev and I have our training today,” Devin said. “Hopefully there will be Danish or some other type of sinful snack offered at the training.”

“Are you excited about the training?”

“I am, but not half as much as Bev is,” she admitted. “She has done such a beautiful job on the presentation.”

“She has worked for Alicia forever and I’m sure she was growing a little stale with her work,” Hilary said.

“Exactly, I think this project has really shown that there is so much more she is capable of if just given the chance.”

“I think Alicia has been made aware of that through you and will be working with you to expand Bev’s responsibilities.”

Devin grinned at her lover. “I just hope Bev doesn’t think she’s too old to branch out.”

Hilary chuckled at the comment. “Bev will dive into a new opportunity head first.”

“I’m sure you’re right,” Devin said.

After breakfast, they showered and Hilary sat on the bed watching Devin dress. “It seems funny watching you get dressed when I don’t have to be at the hospital for another two hours,” she said as she rested against the headboard.

“I would love nothing more than to climb back in bed with you,” Devin said as she leaned down to kiss Hilary.

“We would both be late for work then.”

“Probably, but we would be wearing a smile all day.”

“I do that already,” Hilary said.

Devin kissed her once more and turned to leave the room. “Don’t forget I’m going out to see Gran tonight, just in case I’m not home when you get here.”

“I won’t. Have fun and tell your Gran I said Hello.”

“I will. I love you,” Devin said.

“I love you too.”

Devin drove to the office and found Bev already puttering around the place with nervous energy. “Good Morning Bev.”

“Morning Devin,” Bev said. “Are you ready for some coffee?”

“I sure am. Will you grab us a cup and come into the office?”

“Sure, I will be right there.”

Devin placed her brief case on the conference table and walked to her desk and pulled a package from under her desk and carried it to the conference table.

“Here you go,” Bev said as she placed a steaming mug on a coaster.

“Thanks Bev. I wanted you to have this in appreciation of all your hard work on this project and for our future projects,” Devin said as she handed Bev the package.

Bev cocked her head to the side. “I was just doing my job.”

“No, Bev you were kick ass on this project and I hope we will have many more to work on together.”

Bev took the package and began to carefully remove the paper. Alicia had arrived and was standing in Devin’s doorway watching the two women.
Bev finally opened the opened the box and gasped in surprise and the beautiful hand tooled leather briefcase Devin had given her. “Devin, this is so beautiful,” she said as a tear slid down her cheek. “Thank You,” she said between sniffles.

“You better stop that or you will ruin your make-up,” Devin teased as she stood to retrieve a tissue for Bev. “Good morning Boss,” she said when she saw Alicia standing in her doorway.

“Good morning. I see Bev has some new hardware to show off,” she said with a wink.

“Isn’t it beautiful Alicia?” Bev said as she showed off her new briefcase.

Alicia walked over to inspect the gift. “Yes it is and the craftsmanship is beautiful. This should last you for many years to come.”

“At least until I retire,” Bev said.

“In that case you won’t be retiring for at least another fifteen years or so,” Devin said.

“That would be just fine for me.”

“Me too,” Alicia added.

“Come have a seat and I will get you some coffee,” Bev offered.

“Thanks Bev, I swear it doesn’t taste as good when I make it,” Alicia said as she took a seat and Bev left the room.

She looked closer at the gift. “That is a very generous gift.”

“Bev is worth every penny of it,” Devin said.

“I agree totally and will serve her well especially when you two go out for your training sessions.”

“Exactly,” Devin said. “Instead of carrying in a box of presentation materials, she can have a nice briefcase to use.”

“You are very thoughtful.”

“She has done an excellent job on this presentation and I thought it would be a nice memento of our first training together.”

“The first of many, I hope,” Bev said entering the room.

“I do believe we are just entering a new phase of services to our clientele,” Alicia said. “In this day and age of suit happy people our clients need to have staff as well trained as possible on the legal aspects of being an employer.”

“That and the ever changing laws should keep us busy providing seminars,” Devin said.

“I would think at least one a month,” Alicia added. “I may look into renting a meeting hall and opening invitations to all our clients.”

Bev’s eyes grew wide hearing Alicia’s comment. “Just provide me with a list of topics and I will begin the research.”

“That brings me to my next thought,” Alicia said. “You will be spending a great deal of time doing research and development. I think it is time to replace you as Administrative Assistant and promote you to Director of Training and Development.”

“I think that is a wonderful idea, Boss.”

Bev was in complete shock. This was the first time Devin had ever seen her at a loss for words.

“Congratulations Bev.”

“I will work with Human Resources today to develop a job description and salary plan. You can have the office next to Devin’s.”

“Will someone pinch me?”

“It’s no dream Bev, you have worked very hard for the firm and it’s about time we started rewarding you for your dedication,” Alicia said.

“Thank you so very much. If I don’t leave now I am going to ruin my make-up,” she said as she stood and carried her coffee and new briefcase out of the office.

“I think that is an excellent move,” Devin told Alicia.

“I better get busy preparing for our newest Director then,” Alicia said, “Good luck with the training this morning.”

“Thanks, we will check in with you when we get back to give you an update. Oh, by the way, I’m going to drag Bev down to the fitness center after work to try out those new spinning bikes, so why don’t you join us.”

“I think I may just do that,” she said and left the office.

A few hours later, she and Bev left the office for the training session. When they arrived at the garage Sam and four of the cyclist’s were walking toward the building.

“Good morning Sam,” Devin said.

“Good morning ladies.” She briefly introduced the riders to Bev and Devin.

“We are headed up for the initial fitness exams.”

“Good luck. I know Dom is excited to get started. Hopefully I will see you later this afternoon.”

“Yes, she is,” Sam said with a grin. “See you later.”

Devin and Bev finished a very successful training seminar for the client and they were both starving when they were packed up and ready to go. “May I treat you to the Varsity before we go back to the office?”

“That does sound good and we will work it off later with Dom right?”

“That’s right we will,” Devin said as she picked up her bag and led Bev out to the car.

When they made it back to the office Devin and Bev went to Alicia’s office to give her a report of the training activities.

“Welcome back you two,” she said when they stopped at her door. “Come on in.”

“We just wanted to report to you that our first training went very well and I believe our client was very pleased,” Devin reported.

“He was very pleased. He was so excited he has already called and given me a list of topics he wants you to train on,” Alicia said with a broad smile.
Devin looked at Bev who was grinning broadly and reached over to give her a high five.

“I have asked Human Resources to start recruiting to replace your position and in the meantime send a temp so you can get started on all this new training,” Alicia said.

“Wow, this is all happening so fast,” Bev said.

“That’s usually how it goes, when something goes successfully it becomes a hot commodity,” Devin said.

“In the meantime, why don’t you and your new supervisor go pick out some new furniture for your office and make plans to get it delivered,” Alicia suggested.

“Let’s do it,” Devin said, almost as excited as Bev about her new position.

“Don’t forget though that we have an appointment at four with Dom. She has already called to confirm,” Alicia said.

Nessa was completing nutritional assessments while Dom put the other team riders through a vigorous physical evaluation. Overall, they were pleased with the baseline results of the team and excited about the potential each of them held for the team. Even Bailey scored higher than either Sam or Dom expected.

Alicia finished her day early and decided to go down and watch some of the testing and spend some time with Nessa. She was impressed by the detail of the assessments and was even more impressed with the high rate of speed the riders maintained with such ease as they completed a spinning module with Dom in attendance.

“You have a tough climb ahead, so let’s see what you’ve got,” Dom said to challenge her team as Alicia walked in.

Bailey watched as Alicia entered the room and smiled at her when Dom introduced the team. “I hope they have those seats broken in well by the time we start to ride,” Alicia teased.

“No worries Mate,” Sam said as she walked in. “After a few minutes on those monsters, you won’t be able to feel your bum.”

“Sam! I want her to ride and here you are scaring her off,” Dom chided.

“If it will give me a body like that,” she said motioning to Bailey, “I won’t mind at all.”

“Good Lord, don’t you go giving her the big head,” Dom said. “It’s big enough already.”

“What’s the matter Coach, the Lady obviously knows quality when she sees it,” Bailey quipped back.

“See what I mean?” Dom said with a grin. “Nessa is in my office, if you would like to join her.”

“Thanks, I thought I might pop in for a quick visit before our ride,” Alicia said.

Bailey waited until Alicia left the room to comment to Dom. “Damn, are there any attractive women left in this town that ya’ll don’t have already snatched up?”

“Actually Romeo, there are quite a few,” Sam said as she tossed Bailey a hand towel.

“That’s good to know,” Bailey said as she wiped sweat from her face and arms.

Devin and Bev finished shopping and returned to the office just in time to change clothes for their workout with Dom. They found Alicia already in the fitness center talking with Nessa and most of the team had finished their workouts and were heading off to the showers.

Dom was surprised when she walked back into the spinning room to see Bailey still riding when she entered with Bev, Devin and Alicia.

“I thought I would get a little extra work in if you don’t mind some company,” she said to Alicia.

“No, not at all,” Alicia said as she mounted the bike next to Bailey.

Dom just shook her head and punched in a more difficult program on Bailey’s bike. “That should keep you busy.”

Dom explained the process of spinning and got them started off with an easy program as she had promised. The video screen came to life as upbeat music began to play and they were soon riding through a beautiful countryside.

It didn’t take long for them to work up a sweat and Dom passed them hand towels to wipe down. Bailey was pedaling with great effort to finish the climb Dom had programmed for her. She glanced over to her heart rate and smiled. “Good job, Bailey.”

Bailey beamed at the praise from Dom. Her smile made her more attractive and Alicia smiled back when Bailey caught her looking.

“We get massages every night right Coach?” Bailey asked.

“Yes, you are scheduled for six thirty, so if you want any hot tub or steam time before you shower, you need to finish up soon.”

“Yes Boss,” Bailey said as she shot Dom a grin and slowed her pace to begin cooling down her muscles.

Bailey finished her work out and left the room just as their work-out was slowing down. They were all winded and sweating, but as Dom promised it wasn’t an exhausting routine. When the session ended they all dismounted and Dom put them through some light stretches before sending them off to the locker room.

Devin undressed and wrapped her body in a towel before walking to the steam room. She opened the door to find Bailey stretched across the top bench with plenty of long muscular leg showing beneath the towel.

“Mind if I join you?”

“Please do,” Bailey said.

“That was quite an experience,” Devin said.

“You did very well,” Bailey said. “I bet you could handle a much more difficult program.”

“Maybe so, but I think I will work my way up to it,” she answered.

Alicia opened the door and walked inside. “Hey Boss,” Devin said through the steam.

“Hey you two,” Alicia said when she saw Bailey perched on the top bench.

“Come on in, the steam is wonderful,” Bailey said.

“Steam is good, but I’m envious of the massage you will get later,” Alicia said.

“I’m sure you could get a massage too, if you just asked,” Bailey said with a challenging grin.

“Maybe I will,” Alicia answered. She turned back to Devin, “What plans do you and Hilary have for tonight?”

“Hilary has a late surgery so I’m going to see Gran and then meet her at home for a late dinner.”

“That sounds like a nice relaxing evening.”

Devin chuckled. “I hope I can stay awake until she gets home. This has been quite a day.”

“If not, I’m sure Hilary knows how to bring you to a second wind,” Alicia teased.

“Yes she does,” Devin said, thankful the heat of the steam was hiding her blush.

Devin left the steam for a shower and was surprised at how late it had grown when she stepped off the elevator to grab her bag. She heard a soft humming and smiled when she saw Bev arranging items on her brand new desk.

“That look suits you very well,” she said, startling Bev.

“Oh, Devin, I’m sorry, I thought you were already gone for the evening.”

“No need to apologize. It’s your new office and you should be proud.”

“I am, but part of me still thinks I’m dreaming.”

“I promise you my friend, this is no dream.”

A bolt of lightning lit up the sky. “Where on earth did that come from? I didn’t think we were supposed to get rain,” Bev said.

“We weren’t, but this is the South,” Devin said. “If you’re ready I will walk down with you after I grab my case.”

“I will be right there,” Bev said as she straightened her name plate on the desk.

They walked out to the parking garage just as the skies opened up. Devin looked around and saw that Sam’s SUV was still in the garage so Dom wouldn’t be riding her bike home in this mess. She waved a quick good-bye to Bev and tossed her case in the passenger seat. She climbed in behind the wheel and waited for Bev to pass behind her before pulling out of her parking spot.

Hilary was scrubbing for her surgery and saw that there was a new face she was not familiar with. “Who is the new OR Tech and where is Sandy?”

“Sandy apparently called in with a family emergency and Mary is the Tech that will be assisting us today,” her assistant said.

“I hope everything is ok with her family,” Hilary said as a Tech placed the first of two sets of gloves on her hands.

“I’m sure it will all work out,” her assistant said as they entered the OR.
Devin pulled out of the garage and turned onto the street for the drive across town to her Grans home. The rain was coming down in torrents and the wind was blowing furiously. For a moment, she considered driving home and calling Gran to cancel her visit.

“It’s just a little rain,” she told herself as she carefully wove through the rush hour traffic. Several cars back the dark sedan followed her every move.

The lights flickered as Hilary entered the OR. “Did anyone bring candles?” she asked.

“No, but don’t be surprised if we have to finish this one by generator power,” the anesthesiologist said as she checked the vitals of their patient. “She’s good to go when you are.”

Hilary glanced at the OR clock. Devin would be driving in this mess to her Gran’s for a visit. “Be safe My Baby,” she whispered as she turned toward the table.

Devin had hoped that the bad weather would have passed through as she made her way across town, but it had only grown worse during her drive. She could feel the muscles in her neck and shoulders tighten up under the stress of the drive. She pulled to a stop at a streetlight and rolled her head trying to loosen the tight muscles. She looked up and saw a car sliding across the intersection. The driver had attempted to stop, but the slick streets prevented any traction and thankfully the car slid slowly into oncoming traffic. While the driver was probably scared silly, the oncoming traffic had enough time to react to prevent a collision. Still, angry horns filled the air as the driver backed her car out of the intersection.

She pulled into Gran’s drive fifteen minutes later and made a dash for her door.

Gran heard the doorbell and went to check the door. She saw Devin standing there and ripped the door open and pulled her granddaughter inside.

“What on earth are you doing out in this weather?”

“Coming to see you,” she said as she leaned down to kiss her Gran’s cheek.

“I wish you would have called and I would have cooked dinner.”

“That’s ok Gran Hilary is working late so we will meet for dinner later. I just wanted to come by and visit with you for a bit.”

“How about a cup of coffee then,” she offered?

“Coffee would be great,” Devin said as she followed her into the kitchen and took a seat at the small table.

FORTY-THREE

Hilary arrived home at eight thirty and was surprised Devin’s car wasn’t in the garage. Maybe she just got caught up visiting with her Gran and is running late she thought as she parked and made her way to the elevators. The rain had slowed considerably, but the roads were still slick and she could hear sirens blaring in the night. This type of rain always filled the emergency rooms with automobile accidents, she thought as the elevator doors closed and it started to rise.

The lights were still off, further evidence that Devin had not yet arrived home, so Hilary poured a glass of wine and walked into the bathroom to draw a bath. She dropped her clothes into the hamper and slipped beneath silky bubbles. She rested her head against a bath pillow and closed her eyes as her body relaxed.

Devin and her Gran had lost track of time and when she saw that it was well after eight, Devin bid good-night to her Gran and started for home.
She was glad that the rains had begun to let up and was sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to turn when she heard a motor roar loudly then felt the impact as a heavy vehicle slammed into her passenger side. The car accelerated and propelled her sports car across two lanes to smash into a concrete pole. Devin felt her left shoulder snap as she was thrown against the door and then intense pain as her head struck the frame of the car. Then she felt nothing at all as her consciousness began to fade. Just before she went out completely, she saw a fuzzy hooded figure reach through the shattered window and grab her bag.

“I told you to stay away bitch,” an angry voice growled. “Maybe you will listen now,” it said and then turned to rush back into a dark car and speed away.

Devin was lucky that an elderly shop keeper was closing up his store when he heard the crash and then saw the dark sedan speeding away. He rushed inside to call 9-1-1 to report the accident and then trotted as fast as he could to check on the driver of the car. He carefully peeked through the shattered passenger window and saw Devin slumped against the driver’s door. He could see a river of blood flowing down her cheek.

“Miss you alright?” he asked. “Of course she’s not you dummy he said to himself when Devin did not answer.” He walked around to the driver’s side as another car pulled up.

“Did you call 9-1-1?”

“Yeah I did,” the old man said. “She got t-boned and then the other driver took off,” he said as he looked in on Devin. “She’s not conscious, but I can see her breathing against what’s left of the glass in the window.

“Help should be here soon.”

On cue, sirens began to howl as they grew closer to their location.
The paramedics arrived on scene just as the first police cruiser arrived. The old man stepped back to allow them to tend to the driver and was approached by a police officer.

“Did you make the call to 9-1-1?” the officer asked.

“Yes sir, I was closing up my shop when I heard the crash and when I stepped outside I saw a figure running away from the car carrying something. They got back into their car and drove off spinning tires on the wet pavement.”

“Could you tell what kind of vehicle it was or get a license plate number by chance?”

“It was too far away and too dark to see a plate. It was an older sedan of some dark color, but American made, one of those that look as big as a boat.”

The officer smiled at the old man’s description. “Could you see what they were carrying?”

“It wasn’t a purse, but it could have been a briefcase,” he said.

The officer’s partner returned after searching the car for any signs of identification. “No sign of any identification,” he said. “I will run the plates and see what comes up,” he said as he keyed the microphone on his shoulder.

“Any ID yet Officer?” one of the paramedics asked. “We are almost ready to roll here and it would be nice to know who we are treating.”

“Nothing in the car, so we are running the plates.”

A minute later the radio crackled and the operator said, “The owner of the vehicle is listed as Devin Freeman.”

“Ten four on the ID,” the officer said. “Wait there’s more,” the Operator said. “The vehicle was recently vandalized and the report was made by one of ours, Detective Ryder Harris.”

The officer gave the paramedics the information and then he keyed his microphone back to dispatch. “Will you please contact Detective Harris and have her call my cell,” he asked.

“I’m all over it,” the operator said.

The officer’s watched Devin’s collared body carefully transferred to a back board then lifted onto a stretcher and rolled to the back of the ambulance.

“Any idea of injuries?” he asked.

“Probable left shoulder break and some head trauma. Her vitals are stable, but I will feel better once we get her in route,” he said.

“God speed,” the officer said and closed the ambulance door as the sirens began to scream and the large vehicle roared away.

His cell phone rang and when he answered, Ryder could hear sirens howling in the background.

“This is Ryder Harris. I just got a call from dispatch to call you. What’s up Officer?”

“Sorry to bother you ma’am, this is Todd Martin and we are working a traffic accident. The vehicle involved had no ID and when we ran the plates dispatch said you had reported vandalism on the vehicle.”

“Damn, is it a Z-4, dark blue,” she asked?

“Yes ma’am, it was, it’s in pretty bad shape.”

“How is the driver?”

“Unconscious when she left the scene, but vitals were stable with a probable broken shoulder and head trauma,” he reported. “She’s on her way to Mercer do you know how to make contact with the next of kin?”

“I will take care of that. Where was the accident?”

The officer gave her the crossroads and she told him she would be on the scene for a full report within the hour and then hung up.

“Shit,” she said as she ran her hand through her hair. She scrolled through her phone to find Dom’s number.

Dom answered by the third ring. She and Sam where just heading back to town from dropping the team off at camp.

“Hey Ryder, what’s up?”

“Dom, I just got a call from dispatch that Devin was involved in an automobile accident and is on her way to Mercer. Can you go there and I will contact Hilary to let her know what is happening?”

“Sure, we aren’t far from there now,” Dom said. “Is Devin ok?”

“I honestly don’t know Dom. Her vitals are stable, but she was unconscious when she left the scene. I’m going to call Hilary and head over to the scene to get a report and I will meet you all at Mercer.”

“Thanks Ryder. Be careful.”

“Always,” she said and ended the call.

“Devin’s been in a car accident,” Dom said, her face ghostly white.

“Tell me where I need to go,” Sam said.

“Two exits and go right.”

“Are you ok Dom?”

“I will be I just need to know Devin’s ok.”

“I understand that My Love. Have faith she will be.”

Dom nodded her head and lowered the window to get some fresh air blowing across her face.

“Come on Hilary, pick up the phone,” Ryder said, as the phone continued to ring unanswered. She was already out to her car and would drive to Hilary’s if needed before going to the scene. The voice mail clicked on and Ryder hung up.

Hilary heard the jingling of her phone through her relaxed haze, but could not make it out of the tub in time to catch the call. She grabbed a towel and rushed to the bedroom where her phone was sitting on the nightstand, fully expecting the call to be from Devin. She immediately frowned when she saw Ryder’s name pop up on the screen and her phone started to ring.

“Ryder, what’s wrong?”

“Hilary, Devin has been in a car accident and is on her way to Mercer. All I know is her vitals are stable. I’m on my way can I come pick you up?”

“Yes, please Ryder. I’m just out of the tub and I’m not sure I can drive.”

“Get dressed and I will be there in five minutes,” Ryder said.

“Thanks Ryder.”

Ryder hung up and hit her lights and siren to begin her race across town. She hoped Hilary would be dressed and waiting by the time she got there.

“Oh Devin,” Hilary said as she closed the phone. “Please be ok Baby.”

The End. The ladies will be back in the near future to finish this adventure.

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

WHAT Shocked You can't just leave us at that Alli! What do you mean 'the end?'. And how long away is "the near future"????

I need to know that Devin is allright! Sad

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:56 am 
girlwithguitar4447

I wholeheartedly agree with MG, you cannot leave us hanging like that! I was very grateful for the read but... I just have to know what's gonna happen next!

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 am 
PipSqueak

Confused Confused Um, is this one of those times where American English is not the same as UK English or Aussie English cos I really don't understand how 'The End' and 'back in the near future' can be in the same paragraph. Shocked

Crying or Very sad It's really not how I wanted the New Year to start... Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 pm 
Outdoors65

Patiently (or not) awaiting the Epilogue..........

Wink

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 am 
Stormchaser

Alli, I love you but that's just bordering on cruel.... Razz

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: