BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

Stormy Weather

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Georgia

Stormy Weather

It’s a brisk summer morning. One characterized only by the dew the
previous night had left behind. The open road continues on never unchanging and always accepting. The loud revolving sound of the motor drives the ever present thoughts from her mind. She can see clearer now. It’s the only clarity she may receive for her struggles. You see, the road has been there, done that and offers excellent advice for the troubled soul. Her motorcycle takes the brunt of the force, riding everywhere she can possibly take it. The bike not unlike the rider is small frame, they neither one need much more out of the other. When she rides, they are like one, the bike being an extension of her own heart and soul.

The air has become thick with moisture of the impending storm. The road grows dark and uncertain. Maybe just maybe she should turn around. Instead she presses on knowing the weight of her duties she cannot stop or even detour. Lightning strikes nearby and everything is wiped clean as a new slate. Almost as if it is natures warning to slow down and not get over burdened. She listens to the crackle pop of natures warning and still drives on. What drives her to keep going? Is it the uncertainty of the storm…or the promise of calm after the storm? You see, the bike, the road, not even storm place descriptions on her shoulders. She is free from the life she is handed for the life she has wanted.

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:13 am 
Cyg

The first part of the story, makes me think often of how I've felt. There are times in my life where I would get in the car and drive to ease my trouble mind. I just wanted to keep driving. See where the road would take me.

However, unlike in the second part of the story, where I am uncertain what is being said exactly. At first it seems she rides on for duty which has been handed her but then it seems for freedom to pick her own destiny away from that duty. In my case I have always turned back to fulfill the duty that had burden me. I think the last line makes me think she kept going to a her own destiny.

Either way i felt the struggle between what is expected and freedom.

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: