BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Murder Mystery

"Blue Slayer"

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
artistgirl

"Blue Slayer"

Part 1

She was in front of the house when the phone rang, “It’s Cross" and after a few seconds of silence she just rushed to the car. The traffic jam was a mile long; it took her half an hour to get to the station. And when she finally arrived every office was quiet. Tables were empty and hallways as well, so she rushed to lieutenants’ office. Inside was a group of officers, they were standing in silence all looking at the big board on which were pictures from different crime scenes. Angie knew each of those photos, every victim, every ballistic fact that a team of investigators discovered. He attacked again, today he’s got his sixth victim, Angie did not know who it was, and the lieutenant did not want to tell her that over the phone. "Blue Slayer" is a serial killer who was horrifying people the last two months. His targets are only police officers, between 20-35 years. He first kidnaps his victims and keeps them alive seven days. After seven days of torture, he kills them with a stake that penetrates through their hearts. Then he ditches his victims in a public place. Angie’s former partner was a second victim of "The slayer". Breaking through the crowd of police officers, she could not imagine who the next victim is. She just stared at the board where two pictures were, blonde with a police badge and gun and another one from police ID. She stood for a minute, frozen by the sight "God, just not her."
Lieutenant spoke, "She disappeared last night around 12, which gives us a little less than seven days to find her, people I don’t have to tell you how important this is. You are free to go, any progress related to the disappearance of Monica Brass I want to know. Angie you stay. "She had not heard a word that he said, her eyes were still locked to the board. Lieutenant shook her," Are you all right Angie? You are pale." "I'm fine; I have to go to her apartment, perhaps the bastard left a trail." She ran into the bathroom with tears in her eyes.

Last edited by artistgirl on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 am 
artistgirl

Part 2

Monica transferred from the drug department a year ago. Young, ambitious, funny and good at what she does, she soon became well-known to most of her colleagues. She and Angie however knew each other a lot before she came to work in the crime department. They met in a cooperative investigation of their departments. Angie was delighted by optimism and joy that Monica has. They have been friends for a long time until one night, at Angie’s birthday, when their friendship turned into something more. That night Monica prepared dinner and a small birthday cake, she knew that Angie would appreciate that gesture more than some huge party. When Angie returned from work instead of the usual hug and kiss on the cheek Monica approached her, put her hands on Angie’s waist and gently kissed her on the mouth. She was not surprised; there was always some chemistry between them, something unsaid. Then they agreed to go on a date before anything else happens between them. And now Angie is sitting alone in a toilet looking at the mirror, thinking about her and the psychopath that kidnapped her “I’ll find her, even if that means I have to turn every rock in this city.” She washed her face and decided to go to Monica’s apartment, hoping to find some clues.

Last edited by artistgirl on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 am 
artistgirl

Part 3
Apartment doors were wide open and they are not visibly broken. There were no signs of struggle, "She must have been caught off guard" thought Angie. He must have beaten her and took her quickly, because the police was at her apartment five minutes after alarm got on. "I should’ve been with her last night, if I was this would never happen," Angie blamed himself. She and Monica had a fight yesterday, stupid fight.
"Check every inch of the apartment, he may have left fingerprints, fibers, or something else. No one is perfect; he must have made a mistake. And we'll find it."
Police officers spent the whole day dusting for prints but they didn’t manage to find a thing. Angie came out and collected footages from cameras on buildings around the crime scene. She could not find Monica's car anywhere "Nozic, her car is missing, call the company that has installed alarm and ask them if they can track it down with GPS. Let me know as soon as you find out something." She saw the garage place where Monica's car should be "He probably has had his car nearby but the police arrived fast and interrupted his plan. Check all the cars in the garage and around the building, not one car can be move until all are listed. Is that clear?" Angie spoke to the police officers who helped her search the garage "Yes detective Cross.”
"Detective Cross tapes are ready." said one of the officers “Great, how about car owners?"
"That’s almost done as well." "Excellent, check the alibis of all car owners and then look through the files maybe one of them has something against the police, crime record. All that looks suspicious you need to let me know." she said harshly and quickly.
On the table were stacked tapes, several tapes. Slowly she began to list all of them, looking for one that clearly shows garage entrance "Bingo! Nozic could you to come for a minute?" Angie has finally found a clip which shows the Monica's car as it leaves the garage. She did not see the face of the driver only small part of his jaw, he has a beard, "This is something, our attacker is male, Caucasian, with a beard. What did the company that secures the Monica’s car said to you?"
"They told me that they’ll try to locate the car, and notify me soon. “ The whole station is involved in this case, people are working 24/7. The media are breathing down their necks, six police officers are dead and seventh is missing and no one has a clue who is “Blue Slayer”.
"I just talked with the company, they found Monica's car. Let's go!"
Car was on a parking lot a few miles away from the crime scene. As in the apartment, and here the officers began to look for evidences. They found traces of blood on the back seat and the sample is sent to the lab for analysis. Angie took a city map and marked houses where the victims lived, and then marked the parking lot where they found the car. Markers are too far apart and it was impossible to narrow the search. But when she marked places where victims were discovered searching radius has narrowed a lot. By marking all places where the victims were found Angie has given an area of several square kilometers for police officers to search "Here, have to check a lot of people, you try to do this as fast as you can. I want every free officer to contribute in search." Angie said, "Nozic we have to go back to the station and try to find a clear image of our suspect." They were watching tapes until seven in the morning. Somehow trying to find a full image of the suspect. "Angie I think you should get some sleep, you have been 24 hours on your feet, and you do not look so good," said Nozic visibly worried.
"I’ll sleep when I know that she is safe Nozic" she replied "Well you are not doing anything by not sleeping, you are not concentrated. Sleep in the office an hour or two if you want I’ll wake you up if I find something out, I promise," Nozic convinced her to sleep a bit.

Last edited by artistgirl on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm 
artistgirl

Part 4

“Baby are you OK? You fell asleep. Get up, I made you coffee.” Monica slowly kissed Angie. Outside was raining and the windows were covered with small raindrops. Room looked bright when Angie woke up, the smell of coffee made her stand up fast and rush to the kitchen. She was quiet and tried not to distract Monica while she was singing about rain and making lunch. She looked so beautiful, her long blond hair waved the way her body moved, and it looked like music had gotten physical form. Angie stood leaning on the door for a while, completely lost in Monica’s form and after a while Monica noticed her. “Hey sleepy, you are up. Lunch is almost ready, and I made you something to eat tonight when you go to work.” They did not live together but it felt like they did, cause Monica slept in Angie’s apartment, cooked in her kitchen, took half of her closet. But still she had her place, they decided it would be better for them not to tell anyone that they are in a relationship. After all they worked in the same department. “You occupied my kitchen again, I’m gonna start thinking that you actually like my kitchen more than me.” Said Angie and pulled Monica into her arms, kissing her neck and slowly unbuttoning her shirt. Angie’s lips moved down Monica’s body and stopped on her flat stomach, she heard a soft moan coming from Monica, which made her want her even more. Angie made her sit on the table, she took off Monica’s pants without breaking a kiss. And then Angie just got between her legs giving Monica taste of passion she has for her.
Angie woke up when she hit her foot on a chair. She was in her office. And those kisses were just memory hunting her in her sleep.

Last edited by artistgirl on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm 
artistgirl

Part 5
“Is there any process? Anything?!” Angie was getting nervous, she could not imagine that worst scenario. That’s why she needed to find Monica, to save her. She was in her office, looking through some files, photos, trying to find that missing part of the puzzle. There were hundreds of pages, ballistics reports, coroner description of every injury on victims. There was nothing that linked them, nothing at all, except they were all police officers. But Angie knew she was missing something, that link between each and every victim, she knew that they had something in common, something that she overlooked. She got up and stared at a board that had photos of each victim, and that’s where she finally got it! She found that link she needed “Nozic!” she shouted “Come over here now!” Angie was not sure if she really found missing puzzle, after all she is exhausted. Nozic rushed through the crowd of officer and got in Angie’s office. He looked her questionably, waiting to tell him what is so urgent. She never looked so excited and so scared at the same time.
“I think I figured him out. We were too focused on victims education, friends, places they hang out that we forgot the most important thing. NAMES! Victim’s names are acronyms. That’s how he chooses them. Stan Richards, Anastasia McBride, Catherine Davis, Daniel Cranston, Resell McDaniel, Sarah Nicolson and Monica Brass. Do you know what do these names say?” Nozic just shook his head, he was never that good at cracking codes that was Angie’s thing “They all say the same, one name, NICA RAS! It’s so familiar to me, that name I mean. You should check it fast and let me know what you found out. I’m going to check guys in Monica’s apartment, as soon as you find something, you call me.” She has just run out of office, leaving Nozic completely impressed “That girl is something special” he thought.

She walked trough apartment, and images of Monica and her were flashing in front of her eyes. She did not spend enough time with her, she didn’t tell her enough how special is she, how she made Angie’s life meaningful. Every inch of that place has some story about them to tell. Bedroom was bright, clean as always, like Monica is still here and the cops did not mess around it. Angie sat on the bed, and slowly moved her hand above pillows; she remembered the first time they slept together. It was there, in that bed. She remembers how nervous she was and how tender Monica was. How every kiss, every touch felt just right. That was the first time that Angie ever slept with a person she was in love with. Before Monica she had her guard up so high that no one had ever conquered her heart. But Monica had her even before their first kiss.
Angie took a deep breath when she heard her phone ringing “Cross. I’m coming right now.” She has just run out of the apartment.

Part 6
“Ok, soon you know how you said that Nica Ras sounds familiar. Well it should. A couple years ago, before you even become a detective, we had a case of the brutal murder. It was on every first page in newspapers. People insinuated that a cop killed her. But in court every single evidence said he was innocent. Her family didn’t believe in those evidences. They accused police forces of forging the evidence and protecting that one cop.” Nozic spoke. “So it sounds like a good enough reason for vendetta. Could you find someone suspicions in her family, someone that could be our guy?” Angie asked Nozic while looking at the printed version of that monstrous murder. “Well that’s why I called you. Her brother is a police officer. But he changed his name so it was hard tracking him down, but I managed to find his address.” – Nozic gave a small piece of paper to Angie. “Fuck Nozic, he lives inside of those few square kilometers we are searching. Call lieutenant and tell him what is going on. Switch on private radio channel and send me some backup. But please make sure that you send me people you trust.” – she said and started putting on bullet proof vest. “Angie, be careful! I’m calling my guys right away. And I’ll be there as soon as I talk to lieutenant.”
The suspect’s house seemed empty. Lights were off and there was no movement in front of the house. But Angie knew better, she waited for her back up to arrive and just hoped that she made it in time. That Monica is still alive and well. She couldn’t imagine life without her. Nozic and other police officers come, ready for action. Angie sends two officers behind so the suspect could not run away. She and Nozic will try to enter the house on the front door.
When they got closer to the house she noticed that there was light in the basement. Trying not to make a sound she signed Nozic to take a look. He saw what they hoped to find. Monica was tight to an old metal chair. She had a duck tape over her mouth and some kind of dark scarf over her eyes, her hands were bloody, but from where Nozic was standing she didn’t look seriously hurt. He got up from the ground and signed Angie that they have to hurry up. Two police officers followed them into the house. They checked first and the second floor of the house and it was empty. Which only means that the suspect is in the basement or he escaped. They all slowly started stepping into a basement. It seemed empty. But as soon as they all got down the stairs, somebody starts shooting. Angie saw the suspect but before she managed to fire he shot two bullets at her, and she fell to the ground. Nozic shoot him a second after that.
“Quick, check the basement and relies the hostage.” Nozic screamed. He was terrified; Angie was on the ground, not moving. When police officers untied and removed duck tape and the scarf of Monica’s mouth and eyes she looked around to see what’s happening. In the state of shock she didn’t at first noticed that Nozic is sitting on the ground holding Angie’s body. But when she got closer to them it was perfectly clear. She grabbed her and screamed at Nozic “God, Nozic help me remove this vest, she is not dead. Don’t you see she is just unconscious?” Nozic just sat there not moving, he loves Angie so much that even the thought of her death makes him paralyzed. After a few minutes ambulance came, those were few long minutes in Nozic’s life. Monica and Angie were transported to hospital. And on the way there Angie woke up “Where is she?” is only thing she said before she lost her consciousness again.
Angie woke up in a hospital bed, and Nozic was sitting next to her. “Nozic, where is she?” Angie asked again. “She is in the next room; she is dehydrated and very exhausted. But the doctor said she will be fine.” Angie jumped off the bed and stormed out of her room, Nozic followed her. She sat next to Monica’s bed and took her hand. “Are you insane? Why are you so eager to see her? She is alive I told you.” Nozic was surprised by her behavior. “I love her Nozic.” “You, what?” – he asked . “I love her. I love her so much.” “But how, when? Why haven’t you told me?” “I wanted to tell you but we agreed that it will be our secret cause, we work together. And after all if you knew we are in the relationship, I would never get to be a part of this case. And I needed to find her.” Nozic slowly walked to Angie and places a kiss in her hair “Don’t worry sweetie, she will be fine. I’ll leave you now, she is in good hands. See you tomorrow.” He left leaving Angie and unconscious Monica.
“Baby I am so, so, so sorry for leaving you. For letting this happen to you. I promise that from now on I’ll never leave you.” Angie was whispering into Monica’s ear, hoping she will hear her and wake up soon. “You promise you’ll bring me breakfast in bed?” Monica whispered back. Angie smiled and kissed her so passionately like never before.

Last edited by artistgirl on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Hey AG. Im not going to comment nf your grammar or occasional misuse of words cause I know English isnt your first language and the story is still understandable despite this. But I will point out one thing....the name Catherine Dove is NOT an anagram of Nica Ras, there is no S in it. Getting these kinds of details correct is important if you aspire to being a writer.

HugZ, MG

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:53 pm 
artistgirl

Hey MG thanks 4 the heads up, I must have misspelled that name... and I corrected it. I'll edit the story a little bit as soon as I have time.

HuGz AG

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: