BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

A Ray of Sunshine
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
love_phoenix

Eighth day of the festival Sanjay was discharged from hospital for the wedding next day. Jo picked him at the hospital and dropped him off at Sheela's house instead of the Panchayat house they had earlier decided. Jo pointed out that Sheela's house had more rooms to accommodate the groom, his family and friends. The Panchayat house barely had 3 rooms as it was originally intended to be a hoarding place for important guests.

'This place is so cool. You guys have aircon, huge LCD tv and stuff. Even we don't have an aircon in our house ya know?' A fat kid asked her, as he kept munching on his cake.

'Yeah. My nan bought it all after I came to live here. Guess she loves me aye?' Jo smiled at the kid, but her smile was born from the realization how much her gran loved her.

'Speak of the devil' she said loudly when her gran walked into the room with a tray of assorted sweets and delicacies.

'Jo..' Sheela began to berate her playfully only for Jo to give her that puppy dog eyes and make her forget what she was talking about. 'You've been gone since morning. It's past 2 now. I told you discharging will take time, but no you had to be a smartass and teach silly old me about hospital procedures. Now who turned out to be the village idiot?' She asked as her ranting came to an end.

'Me. Gee nana. Rub it in later when I'm not hungry and tired' Jo answered as she grabbed the tray from her grandmother.

Sheela chuckled when Jo called her nana. She seemed to come up with different ways of calling her grandmother everyday and to be honest she looked forward to the different versions everyday.

'Shriya is going to stay at Baba's. She is helping with the hair and make up of the bride' She made an offhanded remark as she began to clear the mess Jo had made within ten minutes of her arrival.

'Oh' Jo's face fell in disappointment, but she didn't let it show. She put away her tray and began to help her gran.

'I'll clear it up. Eat your food first' Sheela shoved Jo towards the bed and Jo reluctantly began to snack on her food.

Sheela noticed her change in mood and realized the reason behind it. She knew the girls shared a deep emotional connection, she just had no idea how deep it would become in the future. She usually forbade Jo to go all alone anywhere near Baba's house because it was dangerously close to the deep woods and the mountain. She decided to trust her for once. She was 18 years old. She wasn't a child anymore. And she was to be trusted.

'I have some make up stuff that needs to be delivered to Baba's house..' She began and Jo's face twisted in confusion. Her gran clearly wasn't suggesting that she delivered it, did she? If only..

'If you promised me you'd behave, not wander into the woods, call me often until you reach, then...'

Before she finished her sentence, Jo lunged at Sheela with a 'yes, yes and yes. Please nan, let me go' and tightened her hug.

'Okay, the make up box is on my bed. You can go, but you have to finish eating..'Again before she could complete what she was saying, Jo smacked a kiss on her cheeks and ran out the room with a 'love you nana'.

Jo walked with a sprint in her steps towards Baba's. She would often smile and sometimes hug the villagers who offered her their greetings. The ever smiling prankster with a generous heart and a liking for candy and fair rides had become the villager's favourite within a short time.

'Why Jo. It's going to rain today. How did Sheela let you go alone? You do remember little Red's story right?' Vicky asked as he splashed water from the motor pumps at her.

Jo smiled sweetly at him. 'If you don't shut up, I'll show you the Karate Kid's story'

Vicky looked alarmed for a moment. He knew Jo was a blackbelt. However, he wasn't willing to admit defeat to a girl.

'Whatever. I heard the footpath to Baba's is where a girl hung herself. Make sure she doesn't follow you to the house'

Jo sneered at him and began to walk away, showing no signs of fear to Vicky's dismay.

She did however, clutch the necklace from the temple laying around her neck tightly in her hands as soon as the footpath hidden among trees came into her view.

Sheela sat nervously in her living room smiling politely at her guests and making polite conversations. Her mind was however on her granddaughter who hadn't called yet.

'I should have never sent her alone. What was I thinking? She is only 18. She is just a child. That 34 year old guy, what was his name, Nesan, even he got lost in the woods. And he practically grew up in this village. I sent a kid who has no idea about villages to a house in the woods.' Her line of thoughts were cut when her phone ran loudly.

'Nan. I'm like 2 minutes away from the house. Just called you to let you know'

Sheela sighed in relief. 'Jo. I know you want to spend time with your friends there, but leave by 5. I don't want you walking the lonely footpaths after sunset'

Jo laughed shakily. 'You think I will? Did you know some girl hung herself in the tree in the footpath just before Baba's house. Apparently she haunts that place.' She whispered into the handset.

Sheela chuckled loudly. 'Someone's been lying to your face. As far as I know there was only 2 suicide cases in this village. One of them died in their house and the other one jumped off the cliff. And they were both men'

Jo frowned and cursed Vicky. 'Okay. I'll make it home before 6. Love you nana'

She hung up when she heard a soft love you too darling.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

'Jo dear. How are you?' Baba asked as she ushered Jo into the quietest room.

'I'm alright. Thanks. Gran asked me to give this to you' Jo took the vanity case from from her backpack and gave it to Baba.

'Thank you darling. Your grandmother just called one of the girl's mobile. Asked her to feed you.' Baba said as she began to take a tray packed in a suitcase. It probably was meant for special visitors.

Jo looked clearly embarrassed and Baba laughed.

'Don't be embarrassed. My daughter is almost 30 and I still tell her off if she has missed even one meal. You are a growing child and it's not okay to miss two meals' Baba told her seriously, not noticing how Jo frowned at being called a child.

'Jo. Hey' Priya squealed excitedly when she saw Jo sat on the chair.

'Hey Priya.' Jo pulled her into a hug. Priya was getting used to getting greeted with a hug now. Villagers were never in each other's space and were distant and polite kn their greetings. Jo had been breaking rules left, right and center since her arrival and the results were better than the rules originally set in place.

'Where's the rest of your gang?' Jo asked as her eyes wandered around the house.

'Oh. It's 3 now. Nila and Laxmi is at the temple with the bride. They would be back by 4. Reka is packing the bridal clothes to be taken to the hall tonight' Priya continued unaware of how impatient Jo was getting. 'And Shriya and Mala are in the motorhouse in the field''

'Can we go to the motorhouse? I've never seen a motorhouse before' Jo asked Priya giving her the winning smile.

'I'll show you to the fields. Five minutes straight and you would have reached the motorhouse. I have lots of work to do here or I'd go with you'

'That's fine. Thanks babe' Priya raised an eyebrow at the new term of endearment. She knew Shriya would have a jealous fit if she heard Jo using that, although she would never admit that. Priya was not your typical villager. She was a social worker and a member of human rights. She was also an LGBT activist and worked with Aids Prevention Society. She was much more open minded and knowledgeable than the villagers gave her credit for.

'Have your lunch. I'm under strict orders from your Gran not to take you anywhere before feeding you' Priya told her strictly.

Jo grabbed the tray Baba offered and began to eat quickly.

'Wow. This tastes damn good' She said and smiled at Baba.

'Thanks darling. I plucked fresh veggies from my garden just to make this for you'

'Aww. Thank you Baba. You're a star' Jo said as she planted a loud kiss on the wrinkled skin.

Baba shyly offered her toothy smile.

'Now I'm done with food, am I allowed to go?'

'Ofcourse' Baba and Priya responded together.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Jo walked among the rice fields with Priya leading the way. The rice crop had grown fully, ready for harvest anytime. She heard water being pumped out in the distant.

'Is there a river nearby?'

Priya gave her a weird look. 'Jo. We are near motorhouse. Where the motor pumps out water from well to the field.That's why we call it the motorhouse'

'Yeah I knew that. I was just messing with you' Jo replied, hiding her blush.

Priya chuckled softly in order to not embarrass the girl even more.

'Okay. Just walk straight. Don't take any shortcuts between the crops. They've grown taller than you and you can get easily lost. Just walk straight until you see the haystack. The motorhouse is right behind the haystack.Go around the motorhouse and you will see another haystack and a tank. You'll find them at the tank'

'Are they cleaning the tank?'

Priya laughed again. 'No. Just go. I'm already late. Bride would be back home in less than thirty minutes' She shoved her forward and began to walk the opposite way after Jo thanked her and gave her a departing hug.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

'Hi Jo. You had lunch? I heard you missed breakfast and lunch' Mala asked as she towel dried her hair.

Jo scowled and reminded her she was 18 herself. Mala had responded with a 'so what. I didn't miss my lunch' making Jo scowl evenmore and Mala smile even wider.

'Where is Shriya?'

'Still in the tank. I gotta run back. The bride will be back soon' Mala said as she shoved Jo playfully into the crops and began to jog towards the house.

Jo arrived at the motorhouse and found a hen. She began to chase it only to have it peck at her feet violently. She cursed loudly and climbed the haystack km fear for her life. She didn't look what was ahead of her and fell straight into a body of water. She grabbed at whatever she could feel and felt something soft.. She grabbed onto them and came to the surface of water.

Through the blur she saw Shriya. She coughed up water and began to shout.

'I don't know to swim.'

'Jo. Relax and just stand'. Shriya pulled her up and to Jo's utter embarrassment the water only came upto her chest.

She coughed out the rest of the water and blushed brightly when she realized what an idiot she had been.

'You okay?' Shriya asked biting back the laughter she felt rising to her chest.

'Yep'

'Good. Then maybe you could let go off me now'

Jo moved back fastly realizing the something soft she had grabbed was Shriya's hops. She slipped in her urgency and fell again to the bottom of the tank only to have Shriya pull her back up again and hold her close.

She spluttered out water as she reached the surface. Shriya stroked her back worriedly.

'I'm okay' Jo said noticing how concerned Shriya had become.

A heartbeat later they realized how close they were standing. Shriya was wearing a skin color wrap around cloth and Jo could make out the outlines of her nipples clearly. Shriya bit her lips when she realized where Jo's eyes were drawn to.

She backed unconsciously to the wall pulling Jo with her. They both gasped together when their bodies came together.

Their heartbeats rose in unison as the gap between them closed.

'What are you thinking about?' Jo whispered softly, as her eyes glanced alternately between Shriya's eyes and lips.

Shriya sneaked a hand through Jo's hair and leaned in closer, their lips barely inches away from each other.

'Is it wrong that I really want to kiss you now?' Shriya asked as her fingers traced an imaginary line on Jo's lips.

Jo breathed out and replied in a raspy voice as her eyes connected with Shriya's.

'If you are wrong, then I'm wrong as well' Shriya beamed hearing the reply and pulled Jo evencloser by her collar.

Their first kiss was everything a first kiss should be and everything it shouldn't be. It was passionate, clumsy, gentle, imperfect, slick and wet, urgent and full of butterflies.

When Shriya felt a hand gliding up her thigh through the water, she quickened the kiss and wrapped a hand around her neck pulling her against her body.

Jo brought her wandering hands to rest on her hips. Their kiss came to a natural end and they rested their foreheads against each other.

Jo looked up and blushed at how swollen and red Shriya's lips looked.

'What?' She asked shyly when she saw Shriya staring at her softly.

'Nothing.' Shriya looked away blushing herself.' You are just so beautiful you know.'

Jo's skin turned a brighter shade of red. She chose not to reply back to that comment. She instead dropped her eyes to Shriya's chest level.

'Pervert' Shriya splashed her with water. 'You could be less obvious you know'

Jo shrugged, totally aware of another blush rising up her face and threw a dimpled smile at her.

Shriya softly gasped at the wonderful smile thrown her way and stroked Jo's cheek leaning in for another kiss. Jo closed the gap and as their lips met, the rest of the world faded away including the loud noise of water being pumped into and out of the tank and a pair of eyes watching them curiosly.
Love is Bullshit. From a biological and heterosexual standpoint its only useful for the the preservation of our species. And from every other stand point it is basically the overworking of hormones and nothing else. Love is a word widely overrated.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 am 
love_phoenix

Baba folded the bridal saree into a larger suitcase and sat in a corner. Her modest income from the fields had been spent on the wedding hall and other arrangements for the groom and the guests. She still had to pay off the priest and didn't have any money for jewels for her daughter. Harvest day was still a month away and she wouldn't have a penny before that.

She looked clearly distressed as Jo walked in with Shriya. Jo knew Baba was too proud to ask for help.

'Baba. Gran asked me to give you this. I almost forgot' She began to dig in her backpack and retrieved a box. Baba opened it and found a dozen golden bangles, necklace and a headpiece staring at her.

'Jo this is too much. I can't accept it' She shoved the box back into the soft hands.

'Baba. Take it. Gran considers you as her own sister. It's only a loan if you get it from a stranger' she thrusted the box back into Baba's hand.

'And this is from me. Consider it as a wedding gift' Jo pulled out an envelope. Baba opened and found a lump of cash inside it. It was more than enough to pay the priest and for her to survive until the harvest day.

'Jo..' Baba began but a sob came out instead. She held Jo's arms in hers and let the tears fall. Jo hugged her to her chest and let the old woman cry her sorrow out.

'Sshh. Everything is gonna be okay. Tomorrow is your daughter's wedding. You should be singing and smiling now. Not crying' She stroked the grey hair gently. 'Come on now. Where is the stash of laddoos you promised me? Or was it all lies, Baba the laddu expert?' She asked helping the old woman up.

'Oh you hold your tongue little one. There is no one within a hundred mile that can make laddoos like Baba. Let me get you some'

As Baba rushed into the kitchen to get her the laddus, Shriya looked at Jo proudly. Jo blushed under the intense stare thrown her way and looked at the floor searching for some much needed courage.

Shriya always knew Jo had the heart of gold, her belief just got stronger today. The cash Jo offered was the cash she had saved for a long time, working part time odd jobs here and there, without her father's knowledge.

Shriya remembered how proud she felt when Jo told her that the most satisfactory meal she had ever ate was the one she bought from her first salary. It wasn't at a grand 5 star hotel her father took her to, it was at a hotel where day labours ate. And she hadn't felt happier in her life.

Shriya sat next to Jo and took her hand in hers. Words failed her. She couldn't express the love she felt for Jo verbally, so she squeezed her hand and planted a gentle kiss on her palm, making Jo beam at her gesture.

'I'll have to go back in an hour', Jo said as she heard the clock strike four times.

'Nooo' Shriya whispered, frowning that she only had a short time to spend with her.

'I'll be seeing you tomorrow' Jo reminded her.

'Tomorrow evening. That's like 24 hours from now' Shriya sulked.

Jo chuckled softly, but stopped abrubtly when Shriya's eyes fixated on her lips and quickly sneaked a kiss from her lips a heartbeat later.

Jo looked around to see nobody saw. She blushed again for the hundredth time that day. Shriya bit her lips, stopping herself from wanting to kiss her again.

Priya walked into the room minutes later and raised an eyebrow at the pair who sat quietly, looking away from each other. She wondered if they just fought, but their body language screamed intimacy.

'Did you guys have a fight?' She asked as she shoved a laddu in Jo's mouth.

'What? No' Jo's muffled response came quickly as Shriya's eyes met hers and they both looked away immediately, their cheeks reddening in response.

Priya knew what kind of tension she had walked into. She sniggered softly and sat in between them only for Shriya to mutter 'perfect timing' under her breath.

'Come again.I didn't hear you' Priya nudged Shriya, who took a laddu from the tray and shoved it down her throat, shutting her up.

Jo laughed loudly at Priya's comical stuffed up face as Shriya strutted out of the room.

★★★★★★★★★★

'Okay Baba. I'm leaving now. I'll see you at the hall tomorrow' Jo yelled making Baba wince.

'I'm right here. What are you yelling for?' Baba asked. Jo ignored her and repeated the same thing as her eyes wandered around.

'Okay go.' She dismissed her afraid she is going to hurt her eyes again. Jo sulked and walked out of the house. She was hoping to see Shriya but she was nowhere to be found. She walked around a massive haystack only to be pulled into it by a pair of hands.

'What the..' She began as gentle fingers covered her lips. 'Shriya..' She smiled when her eyes began to adjust to the darkness and realized who it was.

'Just where do you think you are going without telling me goodbye' Shriya asked as her hands played with the loop on Jo's jeans.

'Hey.' Jo looked offended. 'I was looking everywhere for you. You were gone'

'You were looking for me?' Shriya asked bashfully. 'Why?'

'So I can do this' Jo said as she pushed their lips together. Jo gasped loudly when a hand wandered under her shirt and palmed the soft skin there.

'What are we doing Jo?' Shriya asked as the kiss ended. Her eyes were clouded with worry.

'I have no idea. I.. you.. don't think this is wrong?. We are both girls' Jo said as she moved a loose hair away from Shriya's eyes.

'I can't help this feeling Jo. You make my heart race. Feel this' Jo smiled gently as Shriya enlaced their fingers and left it to rest on her chest. 'How can this be wrong Jo? You tell me'

They hugged each other tightly and Shriya kissed Jo's forehead.

'Go home. It's past 5. You won't reach home by six if you don't leave now' Shriya said half heartedly.

'You want me to go?'

'No, but I want you to be safe' Shriya entwined their fingers and began to place a kiss on each of Jo's fingers.

'I will be' Jo stroked her cheeks softly and turned to go only to be pulled back into another soft kiss.

'Now go before I change my mind again and kiss you' Shriya shoved Jo out. Jo took the footpath, turning several times to meet Shriya's eyes before she disappeared from the view. The sappy smile on her face stayed rooted until she reached home.

★★★★★★★★★★

'Jo stop smiling. You are beginning to freak me out' Bala told her when Jo walked past him to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

'Shut up kid. Go to sleep'

'I will if you stopped wandering around the house with that creepy smile on your face' Bala said as he moved closer to his dad.

Jo would have given him the finger if he was a little older. She instead scowled at him and walked back to her room.

★★★★★★★★★★

Shriya turned around and stared dreamily into the empty space.

Priya smiled back at her. She soon realized, Shriya was looking through her and not at her.

'Someone's in love' she chuckled and realized Shriya was now looking at her.

'What did you say?'

'Erm I said it's time to sleep' Priya ducked under her pillow quickly to prevent herself from incurring her wrath.

Shriya began to stare dreamily into space again.
Love is Bullshit. From a biological and heterosexual standpoint its only useful for the the preservation of our species. And from every other stand point it is basically the overworking of hormones and nothing else. Love is a word widely overrated.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 am 
love_phoenix

Jo hadn't been around so many people under the same roof. There was atleast 50 people staying in the twelve bedroom house. People were sleeping on the couch, huddled together on a mat in the terrace, she was worried she would step on them if she walked less carefully.

It was five and she had to wake them up. The catering assistants were going to bring their equipment to the backyard and start cooking in a while. The groom had to visit the temple, come back home, change into his bridal clothes and leave for the hall by 3 and there was so much to be done in between all of these.

Jo first woke up all the youngsters who couldn't sleep because of the anxiety. They were just as excited as Jo to be a part of a village wedding. The youngsters then took turns waking the kids up who managed to wake the adults.

Within an hour the house was buzzing with activity. Freshly showered people were walking around with wet hair looking for free sockets to plug their blowdryer, caterers were cooking rice and a bunch of kids, teenagers stood around them gawking in awe, Sheela was making coffee for everyone in the kitchen and Jo was talking to Jay, her ex boyfriend, who had come from the city to visit her.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 am 
Typical Redhead

more.....it's sooo good =]

Post Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:19 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: