BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

What Doesn't Kill You (Only Makes You Stronger)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
what do you think of my story
Shit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ok
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
rubbish don't bother wirting anymore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
mishsana

What Doesn't Kill You (Only Makes You Stronger)

this is just the first chapter see what people think i'm not the best writer but i love writing please let me know what you think
Mishsana

Rori’s point of view
Chapter 1
As I sat in a hospital room, watching her as she slept peacefully, my mind was racing. I was fuming. My brother was going to pay for what the dumb shit he has done. He needed to learn not to mess with me or my girl. God, I hate him so much right now. How could he do this to her? She’s such a sweet, caring person. She would never hurt a fly. I heard someone clearing his or her throat. I snapped me out of my own world and looked up. Ja˙e-Leigh’s sister, Shannon was standing in the doorway. "How is she doing?" she asked walking over to the bed. She took Ja˙e-Leigh’s hand. “She's been in a lot of pain but she's resting comfortably now. Finally. Hey, I really need to pee but she wouldn’t let me leave. I’ll be back in a sec." I rushed off to the other side of the room and entered the small bathroom. I hated being to far away from her encase she woke up. She started shouting “RORI! WHERE'S RORI?" "Hey, shhh. It’s okay. She's in the bathroom. She won’t be long. Lay down and relax." Shannon tried to calm her down. "NO! I want Rori!" I washed my hands and left the bathroom. She saw me and instantly relaxed and let Shannon lay her back down. Jaye was never this clingy but at this point in time I can’t even leave her side without her panicking. I didn’t mind I wasn’t keen on leaving her side but when I did sneak out it was only because she was asleep and someone was with her. "It’s okay, babe. I’m here." Sitting down, she reached out for my hand. I smiled. My brother had really messed her face up. With a broken jaw, shattered cheekbone, fractured skull and broken nose, she was in extreme pain and I hated seeing her like that. It just cut me inside to know my own brother had done this to her. "Are you in pain, babe?" I asked. She shook her head and drifted back off to sleep, clinging to my hand as if her life depended on it. At first her family blamed me for the attack. Truth was I wasn’t even there to defend her. I would of happily beat the shit out of my arsehole of a brother, he's so cocky, but he rocked up to our flat while I was at work and beat the living daylights out of her. An elderly lady nearby saw it and got another neighbour to break it up while calling 000. It wasn’t long after that I received a call from a mate telling me what had happened. I rushed to be by her side but her parents wouldn’t let me see her. All I could do was wait. Meanwhile, she was screaming out for me and it broke my heart to hear her so upset. She refused all treatment until I was allowed in. If they tried to insert drips, she would pull away or rip them out. Pain killers where spat everywhere and the nurses weren't very happy. Eventually, her mother gave in and asked me to see her. She clamed down and I persuaded her to let them check her over. Jaye was always a nightmare when she was sick. She looks tough but she in reality she's soft at heart.
"Looks like you have your hands full. Want anything from the cafeteria?" Shannon smiled. “Ice coffee. There’s money in my purse.” I pointing to my bag on the other side of the bed. “I’ve got it. Just stay with her .” Shannon said as she left the room. “I love you so much, Jaye. You’re still my gorgeous angel.” I whispered, kissing her hand. She smiled in her sleep. I heard a knock and a dark nurse named Betty stood in the doorway with her trolley. “Just checking up to see if she needs anything.” She ticked off something on her clipboard. “Nope, she’s sleeping peacefully. Thanks.” she nodded and as she left, Shannon returned. “Everything okay?” She stared at me. “Uh, yeah. Just a check up.” Shannon handed me my ice coffee. I let go of Jaye’s hand. “Rori!” she stirred as I opened the bottle and took a sip. “I’m here, babe. Just having a drink” I said as I tried to swallow the coffee. “And Shan is here too.” I reassured her. “I’m here sis and mum will be in later, okay?” Shannon rubbed her arm. “I love you both so much.” she murmured. She was off her face on morphine. “We love you too sis, now rest.“ Once again she reached for my hand. I took it . It has been a week since the bashing and she was improving yet her memory has blocked anything from that night, which for now I think is a good thing for her but she doesn’t know what day or time it is. It frustrates everyone because she asks every 5 minutes. “Baby, I’m so sorry..” I whispered as I leant on her bed. “For what? You haven’t done anything!“ she paused before pulling her hand away as if my hand was burning hot. “You did this!“ she screamed unsure of who I was. “No, babe. I would never do this to you. We will find who did it.I promise. I love you Jaye and you know you’re my world, babygirl.“ I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. She looked toward Shannon on the other side of the bed. “It’s true sis. Rori never touched you. She was at work and she’s been by your side ever since.” But she didn’t seem convinced . She just stared through Shannon with a puzzled look on her face? “Sis?” She tilted her head as to look confused. I broke the silence. “I think I might go. You rest, okay? I love you. Ring me if anything happens, Shan.” Standing up, I grabbed my bag and keys and left as fast as I could. Standing just outside the door I cried. Jaye was no longer screaming for me. All I could hear was whispers and Jaye-Leigh crying. I got myself together and walked to my oceanic blue Holden Colorado. I cried and cried for what felt like hours. I got home and had a shower and climbed into our bed. It just wasn’t the same anymore. Without Jaye-Leigh it was cold and empty. I went into the spare room, taking the phone with me just encase I was needed back at the hospital. It took me ages to fall asleep but eventually the crying had tired me out. Two hours later I was awoken by a call. The phone had become attached to me since the incident. If I wasn’t at the hospital, I had the cordless and mobiles near me at all times. If I went out the mobile was always charged but I spent most my time at hospital every now and then returning home for sleep.
“Hello?“ I groaned in a sleepy voice. “Hey, it’s me, Shannon.“ My heart skipped a beat. “Is she okay? I’m on my way!“ I gasped. “Wait! She’s fine. Calm down. She pulled out her drip and refusing to let them put another one in till you get here.” She said calmly. “I’m on my way.“ I sighed, hanging up the phone. I grabbed my bag, keys and mobile and rushed to the door. Starting my car I drove as fast as I could without breaking the law. Finding a parking spot took forever. I made my way to the third floor and entered Jaye-leighs room. She was laying there calmly. No nurses in sight and the drip still hanging from
The machine, her arm bleeding. I guess she won the war she began. She could be extremely stubborn at times. More so when she was sick. She tried to smile at me but soon realised that without medication that her jaw was sore once again.
“Hey you, I heard you were giving the nurses hell.“ I said sternly. “It hurts, babe. My head hurts.“ She sobbed. I know her earlier comment was due to confusion and the head injury so I had choice to forget it. “That’s why you had a drip. You need a nurse to put it back in.” She nodded in agreement. “I’ll be back.“ Her arm shot out at me, grabbing mine. “No! Don’t go!“ She cried. This was going to be a long night. “I’ll go“ Shannon sighed as she walked out the door waving her arms about. Sitting on a chair bedside her, I held her hand watching the pain reflect on her face. Seeing her in pain and knowing my brother has done this was the hardest thing I had ever faced. Shannon returned a few minutes later with a Aboriginal nurse wheeling a trolley.
“Rori, it’s good to see you back.” She said loudly as she moved a few things on her trolley. “She always plays up when you’re not around.” She whispered at me. “Haha, yeah. She’s a shit head when she’s sick or injured but I love her.” I smiled. “Of course.” She made her way to the bed and began to put the drip in Jaye-leighs arm while she could. “There you go. Good as new. Now please, leave it in.” Jaye nodded as she slowly drifted off to sleep but I knew she didn’t mean it. The hospital isn’t the most exciting place to be but she needed me. I watched the nurse, Gloria leave the room before looking back at Jaye peacefully sleeping. I just wanted to crawl into bed with her and hold her. I missed that. I yawned. “Want me to leave, hun ?” Shannon asked. “No way! I need someone to talk to while she’s out of it. So how are the kids?” I yawned again. I tried to stay awake as long as I could. “Yeah , they’re good but they want to see Aunty Jaye and I don’t know what to tell them .” She teared up. “Yeah, I really hate for them to see her like this. Poor kids.” I nearly fell asleep.
“Oh, mum said she will be in later, she’s babysitting till Adam gets home.” I was at full alert now. “Aww, cool. She’s such a great granny.” Jaye moaned. Both of us looked over at her as she shook her head. “Babe, wake up. Come on, wake up. You’re having a nightmare.“ She sat up really fast and the fear shone through her eyes. I had to be strong for her. I know I couldn’t cry in front of her. I felt her grab my arm really hard. She gasped.
“I love you Rori. Please don’t leave me.“ she sobbed. “I’m not going anywhere babe, it was a nightmare. I’m here and so is Shan.” Jaye looked at her sister and smiled holding out her hand. Shannon took it but she still had fear in her eyes. Whatever she was dreaming of had scared her.
“I love you, sis” Shannon looked at me. “I love you too Jaye. So do your nieces and nephew. When you’re a bit better. I’ll bring them in okay.” I was worried about them. “I would like that. How are they doing?” She asked. “They are good. Abby’s got two teeth now, Racheal is still a little miss and Andrew, well he is still Andrew. My quiet little man.” She nods. I could tell she was fighting sleep but it wasn’t long before she had to lie back down. She drifted off to sleep. Taking the chance, I used the bathroom before returning to her side and taking her hand again.
“I’m going to go. But mum should be here soon.” Shannon left blowing kisses. “Okay, seeya later.” She turned back for a moment. “And Rori.. I’m so glad your sticking by her. I know she really loves you.” She smiled. “I love her too.” I whispered walking over to her. “I know you do.” We shared a hug and Shannon left. Half hour later, Jaye woke up again.
“Hey gorgeous.” I was cut off. “HEY! Where’s Shan?” She screamed. “Gone home to the kids. How’s your head?” I changed the subject. “Oh. It’s okay.” Sat up and I fixed up her pillows. “Thanks babe. Can I have a cuddle?” She asked, relaxing. I sat on the bed and wrapped my arms around her, being careful not to hurt her face. I wanted to lay down with her and just hold her for awhile but I know it wasn’t possible. Pulling away I sat back down again. Taking her hand, we talked about everything and anything till her mum arrived.
“Hey, Rori. How are you?” She asked, pretending everything was okay. “Good thanks. How are you?” I asked politely. “Good thanks and how are you my darling daughter?” She kissed Jaye-Leigh on the forehead. “I might go for a bit. Give you two alone time. Love you.”
“Don’t go please, bubby.” She said frustrated, trying to rub off her mothers spit. “You don’t have to love.“ Her mum, Lyn piped up. “It’s fine. Make sure she behaves. I’ll be back later okay. I love you.“ I kissed her hand and gathered my stuff. As I left I yawned, knowing she would be fine with her mum. It’s almost the only time I really get to have a break from her. Not that I don’t love her , because I do, it’s just.. I find it stressful watching her in pain. Reaching the car, my brother sat on the bonnet. He was the last person I wanted to see.
“Fuck off, arsehole!“ I screamed. “I want to talk to you. I’m sorry sis.“ He tried to hug me. “You nearly fucking killed her!“ I screamed as a crowd started to form around us. I didn’t want to cause a scene. I just wanted him to leave us alone. “I didn’t” he stammered. “I don’t give a fuck. As far as I’m concerned, you’re not my brother anymore. I don’t have a brother, I never have had a brother and I never fucking will. Now, get off my car. I’m going home.“ Pushing past, I opened my door and got in. He sat still like a hood ornament on my bonnet. I was tempted to drive. But instead I called the police. While I waited, I remained in the car and calmed myself down. Meanwhile, some people watched on, others lost interest and walk away. One person even attempted to drag him off my car. The police finally arrived and removed him from the bonnet. Handcuffing him, they placed him in the paddy wagon.
“I’m so sorry, sis. I didn’t mean to do this to her. I’m sorry.“ He cried, pleading with me. An officer opened my door. She was a petite, blonde lady. Pretty too. “Are you okay, love?” She asked. I nodded. I was still in shock. “I want a restraining order from him. He is not to come any where near me or my girlfriend.“ I said breathing heavily. “Okay, ma’am. That can be arranged for you if you would like to come down to the station with me and answer a few questions.” I nodded as tears streamed down my face. I thought of how close he had come to her, yet she was safe in her room with security guards around her but it wasn’t the point. He was just outside the place. I wanted to just go up and cuddle her but I know it was going to make things worse for her. I knew I had to go away and clam down before returning to her bedside. She didn’t need to see me this upset. It wouldn’t help her recovery at all.
After giving my statement, I headed to my best mate’s place where I told her the whole story and chilled out with her before getting some sleep. Eventually I headed back to the hospital, now calmer but still shaken. On the way, I stopped at the gift shop and picked up a balloon with a teddy bear that has a slung on it’s arm, bandage on its leg and a thermometer in it’s mouth holding three balloons that says ‘GET WELL SOON”. It was perfect. I also picked out a bunch of carnations her favourite flowers. I was feeling guilty even though it wasn’t my fault. Heading up stairs, I greeted Barbra, at the nurses station before going into her room where she was still sound asleep. The drip still in her arm. Thankfully. Her mum sat down to read a magazine by her bed. She put it down upon hearing me enter the room.
“How she doing?” I asked. “Been asleep since you left, love. Are you okay? You look shaken up.” She said worried. “I will tell you about it outside.” I kissed Jaye as I placed the flowers on the bedside table before tying the balloon to the bed head before stepping outside. I told her mum the whole story.
“Mum?” Jaye said in a snap. “I’m just out here, Jaye. I’ll be in soon, love. You’re alright.” Lyn turned to me. “Where’s Rori?” I could hear the concern in her voice. I was almost worried she would pull out the drip again. I poked my head around the door and I got the biggest grin. A grin I hadn’t seen since last week.
“Hey!“ She said happily. “Hey, you okay, babe?” I asked. She nodded holding her hand out to me. “I’ll be there in a sec, okay. Just talking to your mum. Love you.” I blew a kiss. “Love you too.” She said reaching for her mums magazine. I finished talking with her Lyn before returning to her bedside. I took her hand in mine and smiled. It wasn’t always like this. Sometimes she can get abusive due to pain or frustration. Mostly anger. It’s always aimed at me which hurts like hell but I also know she doesn’t mean what she says.

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: