BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

At Maureen''s birthday party (Complete)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ashae78

At Maureen''s birthday party (Complete)

Susan was rushing through the store, grumbling to herself…” Why did I have to wait till the very last minute! And of course… Murphy’s law: I am unable to find it!” It indeed was last minute. You could even say last second. The stores were about to close and the party of her best friend’s birthday was tonight. She still had to buy a gift. Maureen had really wanted the new album of Beacon, the most popular band right now. “Perfect”, she had thought. Fast in and out and maybe even time to find herself a new top to wear, but alas no such luck! The band was even more popular than she thought. Everywhere she went and asked, the salesmen told her the same. “Sold out, will be available again Monday, when new stock arrives”, or “Oh I just sold the last one… Sorry”. This so sucked majorly big time, Susan muttered…

Maureen was so different from Susan. Maureen was about the most considerate person on earth, if you’d ask Susan. It seemed to her, that Maureen knew better what was going on in her life than she did herself. “Hey Susan, how was your daytrip… That was yesterday, right?”, she would ask, while it was just something Susan would have mentioned some weeks ago. And with buying gifts, she seemed to have a way of always having the best gift for every occasion. It would not have to be expensive, it wasn’t about that. Just perfect, exactly what the receiver loved, without having to ask for it. No, Susan was not like that. Just as she always had a hard time thinking of gifts others could give her, she found it even harder to think of something for others. In the end she would manage to find something reasonable, but it was not rare for her gifts to land up on attics unused. So she had adopted a policy of buying gift certificates instead, to great relief of her friends, but she couldn’t … no she wouldn’t show up with such a lame gift on her best friend’s birthday.

Maureen knew what she was like. She had been kind enough to provide her with a birthday-gift idea plenty in time. Nobody of her friends would buy the album, assuming she would have it already. And Susan cursed herself again, because now on top of her not having a good birthday present (she was about to go for a certificate… still better than nothing), Maureen would have to wait even longer, before the long longed album would be in her possession.

Susan stamped her foot and mumbled a ‘Fck’ under her breath. It must have been barely audible, still it triggered a snicker just a few feet away. Susan looked around to where the sound came from. A girl, pretty much her age she guessed, was looking amused at her. “Nice”, she sighed, “Let me get used to being the centre of laughs, as that will probably also happen tonight”.

“Oh, I am so sorry”, the girl said. “I didn’t mean to offend you. I just couldn’t help myself… I saw you earlier in Parstons and you were already flustered. I know it’s not funny when someone is clearly stressed and is definitely not a reason to laugh, but you just have such a cute way of being stressed.” Susan looked at the girl completely baffled. ‘Cute’, did she hear that correct? That was absolutely the last word she would have put on it. Susan was about to make a sneer at the girl, for having a laugh at her and coming with such a bogus excuse, when she noted the sincere look in the girls eyes. She recapitulated herself and instead stammered with a slight blush : “Erm.. well err thank you.. err.. I guess.. err…” The girl smiled, extended her hand and said: “Hi, I’m Tara, can I maybe make up for my rudeness and buy you a cup of tea? … That is, if you even have time… Err, I mean the shops are nearly closed, so it’s not much use of searching any longer… Erm… whatever you are searching for.. Erm… That is if you are actually trying to find something… Er…” Susan giggled. She had no idea whether Tara did the stammering on purpose in imitation of her, but even if she did, it was still funny. Sure she would take that invitation to take her mind of the coming evening. No matter how much she loved Maureen, she just dreaded the quiet laughs when she handed her gift and the talks behind her back, which surely would happen. Susan already knew that she would be longing to go home, as soon as she would arrive. “Susan”, she said while shaking Tara’s hand, “Thank you, I would love to take you up on that offer. Let me just quickly stop by the counter… “ With that she rushed over to the counter and bought a generous certificate with a card, she would write later on. With her gift for Maureen safely in her purse, she turned around and half-half expected Tara to have made her exit, but surprisingly, she stood there patiently waiting.

Last edited by Ashae78 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm 
Ashae78

Part 2

It was not more than half an hour later, when Susan found herself comfortably chatting over a second cup of coffee. It really was a nice distraction. Tara proofed to be very entertaining. At first she had babbled a bit about different ways of being stressed. It appeared that she was a student in psychology and actually really wanted to be a mental coach. In that perspective it did make some sense that she had reacted the way she did. Although, Susan thought, it would be very time consuming if Tara would engage with every stressed person she would encounter. Tara laughed heartily at that statement and confessed this actually was her first time, but maybe not the last, as this turned out to be a very pleasant conversation. Tara did not mind having such one again and she winked at Susan.

Susan blushed as her heart made a small leap. Was she imagining it or was Tara flirting with her? No, that couldn’t be. But what if she were, why did it have this effect on her? Then she noticed that Tara was patiently looking at her. ‘Oh she expects a response… did she notice anything’, she thought. “That’s very nice of you to say, I’m enjoying our talk very much as well.” She responded quickly. It sounded a bit rehearsed, as if she was just being polite. Susan knew it and it made her blush again. Tara laughed. “Oh good, then maybe we could get together some other time again.” Susan eyed Tara. She did not know what to make of it. Was Tara laughing at her, flirting with her or just being nice? Tara looked sincere though, again and so Susan smiled. “Yes, that would be lovely”, she replied. Susan could swear that that statement made Tara beam. For a few moments they were both silent, then Tara takes out her phone and says: “So… Can I have your number and I will call you sometime?” Susan blushed, “Oh yeah… right”. She giggles, and gives her number. Tara pushes the numbers on her phone. Then Susans phone rings. Susan starts reaching for her mobile, when Tara says with a smile:”Just checking, it seems to work.”

“So I guess till next time, good luck at the party”, Tara shakes Susans hand lingering a bit before letting go, leaving butterflies in Susans belly.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
Ashae78

Part 3

It was time for Susan to get ready for Maureens party, strangely enough she wasn’t thinking too much about her lack of a good present. For some odd reason her thoughts kept returning to her meeting with Tara. The more Susan thought about it, the more she believed that Tara had been flirting with her. ‘Or maybe this was wishful thinking’, Susan mentally added. ‘Wait… Did she want Tara to flirt with her? Did she actually wish for a woman to flirt with her…’

Susan had never ever considered the idea of flirting with a woman. True, she had also not been much of a flirt with guys either, but there is a big difference between NOT flirting with guys and DO flirting with girls. ‘Girl, singular’ Susan corrected herself.

RINGGGGGG… It was her mobile again… ‘Could it be Tara?’ Susan rushed to her phone and looked at the display saying <Maureen>. Maybe she needed her to bring something? “Hey Maureen, what sup?”, Susan said surprised. “Oh Susan, can you please come quickly? – The house is a MESS and the guests can be here any minute”. Susan could hear the panic in Maureen’s voice. She did not hesitate, yelled a ‘Be right there’ in her mobile, before hanging up. She dropped everything she was doing, left her hair unfixed, slipped on some shoes and her coat and only just remembered to grab her purse on the way out. While biking as fast as she could towards Maureen’s apartment, she wondered what could have happened. At least the panic seemed to be directed only at the state of her apartment, so Maureen probably was ok. Fortunately it wasn’t far and 10 minutes after the call Susan ringed Maureen’s doorbell.

Susan heard some stumbling, the door opened and a disastrous looking Maureen opened the door with a relieved look on her face. “Wow, Susan, that’s quick… Oh I knew I could count on you”. “Maureen, my god, what happened?” Susan looked at her friend, who was covered in … in... Susan had no idea what Maureen was covered in. She could make out something that looked like some sauce and there were crumbs of chips and on top of all that Maureen was soaked in some sticky… well … probably soda… “You look like one big mess!”

Maureen looked at her friend and then at herself and despite the fact that she expected her guests to arrive in little over 15 minutes she grinned. “Yes – I am a sight for soar eyes, ain’t I?” Then she quickly stepped aside and motioned for her friend to come in. “Oh Susan, I was preparing for the party, but I was running a little late. So naturally I tried to carry too much stuff at the same time to the living room and clumsy me, I dropped it all. You think I am a mess... wait till you walk through that door…” and Maureen guided Susan to her living room.

“Oh my god, Maureen!” Susan exclaimed. “ This place is a DISASTER!” Maureen sighed… “Yes I know, we’ll never get it cleaned in time…” Susan did not waste any more time and took charge of the situation. “Good thing, you called me! You go fix yourself, take a shower, and change your clothes… You cannot receive guests like this! I will take care of … well of THIS” and Susan motioned to the mess in front of them. “Shouldn’t I first… “, but Susan interrupted.” No girl, you’ll just be in my way!” Then winked and smiled: “Go shower, when you’re decent, you can come help.” Maureen didn’t need any encouragement and ran upstairs. Susan focused her attention to the cleaning up. It definitely was good of Maureen to call her. Knowing Maureen, she would have been running around like a headless chicken, not having any clue of where to start. Susan was much more practical, and also did not create more mess while cleaning up. Within 15 minutes, she had the broken glass and the snacks that had fallen on the ground in the waste. The Sofa was wiped clean. She had vacuumed and mopped the floor. So the worst mess was gone and actually it was only needed to get the sofa dry, so people could sit on it. She made her way up to ask Maureen for her blow-dryer.

Susan knocked on Maureen’s bedroom door. “Are you decent?” – “Come on in!” Susan entered “Maureen, the couch is…” her voice faltered, while she looked at Maureen only wearing her lingerie. Maureen looked up and saw the shocked look on Susan’s face. “What, oh no, do I have to through the couch away?” “Heh?” Susan looked puzzled and then laughed, shook her head and told her what she came for. Maureen sighed with relief and quickly gave her the blow-dryer. “You scared me!”

Susan quickly made her way downstairs and started drying the couch, while cursing herself for her behavior earlier. ‘What the f&%ck …Jeez Susan, what has gotten into you, today? It’s not like you’ve never seen a half naked woman before. Every week after Volleyball practice, you shower with a half-dozen naked women! And now you, on top of enjoying the supposed flirtations of a random woman, react as if you’re physically attracted to your best friend! Are you gay or something? – And what if I am? Am I?’ Susan didn’t know what to make of her feelings. She was confused by the rapid change in them. Before today, she had never questioned her sexuality and now before even having time to know what to make of her meeting with Tara it already seemed to have awakened something in her. At this point she was afraid not ever being able to take another shower with her teammates, without having indecent feelings or thoughts.

“Wow, Susan, you are AMAZING!” Maureen’s voice interrupted her thoughts. She looked up and saw Maureen standing in the door opening looking approvingly at the state of the living. Susan now also took a moment to look around and although the room didn’t look spotless, it sure was good enough to receive guests, even the sofa was clean. “It looks better than it did before I dropped everything” Maureen remarked. “You did wonders, best gift I could ever expect!” Now Susan felt uncomfortable again, as she painfully remembered her failed attempt in finally bringing a decent present. She sighed. “About that… I am so so sorry, but I only got you this. I know you had your heart set on that CD of Beacon, but I went after it too late and it was sold out and they will not have it until Monday and I didn’t know what else to buy you, so I just got you this as I did not want to come here empty handed, but you will still get that CD! I promise! I will be at the store Monday and if they don’t have it then, everyday, until I get it, to make it up, but for now… I am so sorry…” Maureen put her hand on Susans arm:” Wow girl, slow down; take a moment to breathe in between.” She smiled at Susan. “Don’t worry about it, really, I don’t care about what you buy me or even if you don’t buy me anything. I love you for you, not your gifts and you’re the best friend, anyone could wish for. You proofed that once again. Don’t you ever forget that!” Maureen squeezed her arm and then added: “So let me see what you have here.” She accepted the certificate and the card. Maureen opened the card and smiled at the words; she put the certificate unopened on her desk and then put the card in the bottom drawer, where Susan knew Maureen to keep her important stuff and it implied she actually treasured her card. She wondered whether Maureen really intended to keep her card. “So now we’re ready to receive my guests” Maureen smiled. ‘Guests? Oh right… Maureen’s birthday party and it was starting right now. But…’ Susan suddenly realized she had thrown away, what must be a large part of the snacks. “Maureen, do you still have enough food to offer your guests?”

Maureen gave Susan a sad look. “No, unfortunately those were most of the snacks, you tidied. I do have plenty to drink, though.” “Then, why don’t I quickly go to the store to get some, while you stay here for receiving your guests?” Maureen cheered up instantly. “Would you do that, Susan? I mean it’s not necessary, I still have some chips left and you already did enough.” But Susan waived Maureens objections away. Of course, she would do this for her best friend. Besides, she did not want Maureen to get a reputation of being a bad host, just over some clumsy incident. She kissed Maureen on the cheek and told her, she would be right back and then left for the store.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:10 pm 
Ashae78

part 4

Susan had her basket packed with a variety of food and was making her way to the counter, when she heard a sweet voice say behind her: “Didn’t you have a party to go to?” Susan turned around and her eyes met the sparkling ones of Tara. “Actually I am… Just making a brief stop for supplies” and she showed her basket. “Are you sure?” Tara said, “You don’t look like you’re going to a party.” It took a moment before Susan remembered that she had left in such a hurry and hadn’t properly fixed her looks. She cursed inwardly for having another reason of being the centre of mocking, but attempting to cover shame she bluffed: “Why sure this is my party-look, why… you don’t like it?” Tara looked baffled and stammered: “Oh no, I didn’t mean to offend you… I do like it!” Tara looked so cute trying to make up for her previous remark that Susan grinned and then laughed out loud. With tears of laughter still in her eyes, with a wink she reassured Tara and told her briefly what had happened, explaining her poor looks. Then she looked at Tara’s basket. “Hmmm… Planning an evening at home… Alone?...“ Susan fished. Silently Susan wondered what the hell she was doing. This afternoon Tara may have been flirting with her, but now she definitely was flirting with Tara. Was she into women? Was she into Tara? Susan didn’t know, but she sure liked the feeling it gave her when she watched Tara’s reaction. Tara blushed slightly and confirmed she was being alone this evening. “In fact… I was pondering to call and invite you, but as I knew you were having plans, I thought the better of it”.

Tara had recovered very fast and was her confident self again, like Susan had gotten to know her that afternoon. Fueled by the flirty Tara and her renewed confidence after helping Maureen out, Susan decided to play along. “So… you want to spend the evening with me, huh? That might be arranged… Hang on.” Susan reached for her phone and dialed Maureen’s number.

“Hey Maureen, it’s me … No I’m still at the store, I’ll be there in 15, but I was wondering: Would it be okay if I brought someone? ... I just ran into someone. … Here at the store. … Yes, but only If it’s ok with you. … Yes? … Great, see you in a bit!” Susan smiled at Tara. “So you want to come with me to a birthday party then?” Tara blinked. “What NOW? Looking like this?” Susan grinned evilly “You look better than me! Not that that’s hard… Besides, at least I will not be the only person that isn’t decently dressed up. And it will be fun!” “Hmm… You didn’t make it sound like fun earlier... I should kidnap you to my place instead.” Tara teased. “Susan snickered… “Yeah that were my nerves talking… I really hate making a bad impression on Maureen’s friends. She deserves only the best.” Susan said with affection. “Anyway, Maureen didn’t make a big deal out of it, so I shouldn’t either. So, are you coming?” The last sentence Susan said with a seductive smile and she couldn’t believe herself. She was flirting so obviously and Tara seemed to like it. Susan felt butterflies in her stomach as she realized this. She blushed. The slight redness of her cheeks seemed to be the last convincing Tara needed… “Sure, I’ll come with you, just let me return this.”

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:11 pm 
Ashae78

part 5

Susan felt giddy, while she and Tara biked back to Maureen’s place. She permitted herself to steal a few glances to her side. Every time her heart jumped. Tara looked really cute. An adjective she would not have used for a woman before. It wasn’t that she didn’t know any cute women. Susan thought of Sandra from volleyball and Jo from high school and then there was that girl… what’s her name… that she met on Holliday in London… Right, Erin. Oh and Lisa, one of Maureen’s friends… And also Maureen herself… Susan gasped as it struck her, that she had been attracted to girls all the time and never realized it. Come to think of it, she might have had a chance with one or two of the cute girls in her past. ‘Idiot’, she told herself. “What?”, Tara asked. ‘Oooh did I think that out loud’, Susan thought. “Erm nothing.. I errmm.. just realized I err… Nothing…” Susan could not think of anything to say. Tara looked at her. “That color suits you.” Susan blushed even harder… Tara was flirting with her, no question about it and Susan liked it very much. She just didn’t know what to do with her feelings.

She had only just realized that she was attracted to women and it was very tempting to jump right into it and act on her feelings. Tara was really cute and beautiful and obviously flirting with her. And it would be so like Susan to act on impulse. Susan glanced at Tara again. It wouldn’t be a punishment at all to hold her, kiss her and … Susan became red as a tomato as she thought of all the other stuff she might do to the lovely Tara. But she had met Tara only today… She knew hardly anything about Tara… Did she fall for Tara, because Tara was flirting with her, or did she fall for Tara, because it was Tara? ‘Maybe after a few drinks, I can stop this ridiculous thinking and just allow things to happen, whatever these things are’, Susan thought, as they arrived in the street where Maureen lived. “Here it is.”

Susan ringed the doorbell and Maureen opened the door. “Great the snacks. You’re wonderful Susan! So who did you bring?” Maureen noticed Tara and for a moment she looked surprised, but the recovered herself, looking inquisitive. Susan introduced Tara to Maureen. “Nice to meet you.” They said to one another. However, Susan could see that Maureen wasn’t entirely satisfied, with just a name. She knew that she wanted to know more and would use the first opportunity, where they would be alone, to ask. To Susan’s dismay this moment came sooner than expected as it turned out that Tara knew Jason, one of Maureen’s friends. As soon as they entered the room, Jason looked up and waved at Tara, who excused herself and walked over to him. Maureen grabbed Susan’s arm and pulled her into the kitchen.

“Who is she? I thought for sure, you were bringing some guy when you called! Can’t remember, you ever talking about Tara… Is she a friend from college or do you know her from volleyball?” “No… Actually I just met her today, while shopping.” Susan briefly told her how she had met Tara twice that day, but she tactically left the flirty part out. She didn’t know how Maureen would react on her being gay and wasn’t ready for the confrontation. Besides she didn’t even know what she was to do with Tara. It might not even be necessary for quite some time to come, before Maureen would have to know. Susan knew she was lying to herself. The past few hours her whole life at been turned upside down. She was on a rollercoaster ride with feelings she hadn’t known to exist. It seemed that with every look of Tara, every memory of the cute women in her life before, not to mention the sight of a half-naked Maureen, the desire in her grew. The desire that had been stored and accumulated unknowingly in her subconscious was overflowing. There was no stopping it, Susan knew.’ Not before long, she would act on it. If it wouldn’t be with Tara, it would be with someone else. She might be going to some special club… there must be some special club… Wouldn’t there be… Oh she could look that up tomorrow, maybe even tonight… And then she would let her be picked up by some random stranger, have anonymous sex and…’ Susan blushed at the thought of having sex with a woman, with an unknown woman even… “Hello…” “Huh?” “Where are you with your thoughts, I asked you something… If you just met her, why did you invite her?” Susan looked at Maureen blankly… ‘Right, that was not a normal series of events between two heterosexual women, who just met…’ Susan realized. “Errrmmm… I don’t know, she was having a boring evening alone at home and I acted on impulse…” “And Tara didn’t think that odd?” “Hmmm… maybe, I don’t know, didn’t think of that…” Maureen laughed. “Oh Susan, that is so typical for you! You act so much on impulse, it is hard to believe that you actually think and worry too much!” Maureen hugged and gave Susan a peck on the cheek. “You’re lovely!”, she added softly. Susan tensed as her heart skipped three beats. ‘God, I’m horrible! I need to get this out of my system, before I start hitting on Maureen…’

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:12 pm 
Ashae78

part 6

‘Has Tara put a spell on me? Or is it because I ignored my feelings for so long? But it’s not that I did that on purpose... It just happened.’ Susan was walking to the kitchen to get some drinks for the guests. She had been running around trying to make sure everyone had drinks and that there were plenty of snacks around. While she didn’t have a chance to chat with Tara yet, they had smiled and winked at each other and thrown flirtatious looks. But that was not the reason that Susan had these thoughts… It seemed that all of a sudden she saw pretty women everywhere, whereas they were the same women as last time and… they were looking at her! Other times she would have felt self-conscious and insecure, worrying what they would be saying about her and her lame gifts. Today she strangely didn’t care about her lame gift or what people might think. She felt sexy… or rather… slightly flustered she corrected herself… horny. She had visions of herself engaging in inappropriate ways with as much as half of the female guests and it brought a playful grin on her face. She was frolic and it rubbed off on the people around her. The atmosphere was merry and the alcohol flowed richly. Susan opened the kitchen door and nearly bumped into Maureen. “Oh Sorry… just getting some more drinks!” she joyfully said and walked on. Strangely enough, Maureen seemed the only person in the house, who was actually not as cheerful as she usual was. Susan stopped, turned around and said:” Maureen, do you have a second?” “What? You need some help?” Maureen followed Susan into the kitchen.

“Look Maureen, I am really sorry for inviting Tara. I didn’t mean to upset you. It was stupid and I don’t know what had gotten into me.” Susan assumed that was the reason, Maureen was acting like she was. Also because she seemed to be avoiding her, since they had their last conversation. It was the only thing Susan could think of, that she might have done wrong. After all for the rest she had just been pleasant and nice and helping Maureen where she could by hosting, so Maureen had time to be with her guests… Just like she always had done and it always had been appreciated. On other occasions, Maureen would have given her a hug and thanks already or ordered her to stop serving others, but come and join them for some fun. “No no, that’s fine! Really, I don’t mind you bringing her…” “Are you sure?” Susan didn’t trust her. Obviously there was something wrong, but she didn’t know what. “Yes, of course I am sure. Hey, you’re friends are my friends, remember!” Maureen tried to sound very convincing… softly she added “Besides, she seems to mean a lot to you…” Then Maureen left for the room after sending a quick fake smile her way.

Susan was shocked as she leaned against the counter. ‘What was that supposed to mean? Had Maureen noticed her flirting with Tara? Ok fair enough, that probably hadn’t been that hard…’ Susan had hoped that people… that Maureen wouldn’t have noticed, because they wouldn’t have expected it. ‘Just because I have been oblivious for the possibility of attractions between two women, doesn’t mean that others are as ignorant!’ Susan muttered to herself. ‘I have been flirting so obvious and not just with Tara, though mostly with her as she was flirting with me as well, it had to be noticed. Or maybe Tara had even said something aloud to that Jason-guy that Maureen overheard… Who knows what they talk about… But then... So… Perhaps Maureen suspected that she was gay. Could that be the issue? Would Maureen have troubles with her being gay? It doesn’t change who I am, though... I am still Susan, her best friend… still the same with everything else. She shouldn’t be bothered by me being gay! Or… Maybe… Could she maybe be afraid, that I fall for her? That’s just silly! It’s not like when you’re a lesbian, you automatically want to have sex with any woman! You can still be friends, platonic friends with some of them. It’s not like she wanted to kiss Maureen since she became gay…’ Susan stopped her thoughts right there. That wasn’t true and Susan knew it. When she had seen Maureen half naked, earlier that evening, she had wanted to kiss her. And also later, when Maureen had said ‘You’re lovely.’ Oh she had wanted to kiss her right then again. And also when she just left the kitchen with that semi-sad smile… She so much had wanted to grab Maureen and kissed her… In fact, she probably had wanted to kiss Maureen tons of times even before, without knowing it. Crap, she wanted to kiss Maureen more than that she wanted to do anything with Tara… If only Maureen reacted the way she did out of jealousy. ‘That’s it’, Susan suddenly thought. ‘Hmm…Could be… Better be…’ as a plan formed in her head. It was a good thing that she had managed to have a few drinks in between as well or she surely would not have the guts

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:13 pm 
Ashae78

part 7

“Hey Tara, having fun?” “Yes, thank you, and thanks for inviting me.” Tara smiled sweetly at Susan. “I know Jason from college.” “Right, I forgot, Jason is also studying psychology.” Susan smiled friendly. “Good thing, you knew someone, coz I have been so busy, that I haven’t really had time to chat with you. I’m really sorry.” “That’s okay, Susan. You’ have been acting like a real good friend to Maureen and helping her. Wish I had friends like that on my birthday.” Tara nudged Susan. Susan smiled a bit nervously. She had so little experience in flirting, but less so in blowing people off. “Tara, can I talk to you privately?” Tara looked wondered. “Err… sure…” Susan took Tara to the hallway and then started: “I’m really sorry… I… I think you’re… I think you’re hot! And in my imagination I have already done the most indecent things with you.” Tara was blushing, seemed to want to react, but remained silent, as if she knew more was coming… “Before today, I would not have expected me to say something like this about anyone, especially about any woman. You woke something in me.” “But…” ‘Damn psychology-students’ “But… I can’t… Not with you, not right now…” Tara nodded her head: “Maureen…” ‘God does she know everything?’ Susan nodded “Yes, Maureen… I don’t even know… But…” “It’s only fair… You have my number; give me a call if it doesn’t work out…” Then Tara kissed Susan on the lips, gentle, soft… Butterflies swirled around in Susan’s belly. This was nice… It would be so easy… But it would only be to satisfy her physical needs. Susan broke the kiss. “Yes, it’s only fair… Thank you though… I owe you. I really do!” “Consider that kiss as payment, we’re even.” And Tara winked at Susan. “If you don’t mind I will be going home now. It’s been quite the evening.” ‘God’, Susan thought as she waved Tara goodbye, ‘She’s amazing… If only…’ Then she closed the door.

“Where’s Tara?” Jason asked. “She went home.” Susan didn’t want to lie and she didn’t want to tell the truth, so she did not give any reason at all. Instead, she asked: “Can I bring you anything to drink?” Soon the party was continuing like it was before, but Susan was not flirting anymore. Susan was looking for an opportunity to catch Maureen alone. And finally that moment came. Maureen disentangled from her friends from the theater, Maureen’s hobby and headed for the hallway, where the toilet was also located. Susan quickly excused herself to and waited outside the toilet for Maureen. When Maureen opened the door and saw Susan standing there she tried to make room for Susan to pass, apparently assuming, that Susan needed to go too, but Susan didn’t pass. Instead she blocked Maureen’s passage back to the living. Maureen looked confused at Susan, who actually was still looking for words. She had played this conversation in her head several times, already, but she never found a good way to start. “Ermmm…” “Yes?” “Ermm…” ‘Oh screw it’ Susan sighed and then grabbed Maureen by the hand, pulled her towards her and put her lips on hers. She kissed her. Maureen didn’t pull away and Susan kept her lips on hers, kissing her soft and tender, while she put her other arm around Maureen’s waist and pulled her even closer. Susan felt like her heart exploded and the knots in her belly made the butterflies from earlier seem like nothing. Her blood raced through her veins as she intensified her kiss and then… She felt Maureen’s hand on her back and her body pressing into hers. Her legs became weak when the kiss became more passionate and she felt Maureen’s tongue softly pressing against her mouth and when she opened her lips to receive her there was no end to the flow of emotions she felt. “Oh Maureen”, she softly moaned. Maureen broke away and looked at Susan. Maureen looked hot and flustered, pretty much just like Susan was feeling. “I have wanted this… I have wanted this so long…” “Why… Why didn’t you let me know?” “Oh I tried… I tried to seduce you, but you were oblivious, or just not interested. I thought you were straight… Gave up, accepted to be just friends, but I kept on wanting you and then you show up with Tara!” Susan lowered her eyes. “I didn’t know, I swear, didn’t even know until today, that I wanted you… Oh I want you… I want you so bad… I … I love you.” Maureen kissed Susan. “I love you too… Will you… Will you stay the night?” Susan took in the words, Maureen had said. Stay the night… It was not the first time Maureen had asked her to stay over. It was actually quite common to sleep over when she was here after midnight. However, this time it was different. This time she would not be sleeping on the couch. This time she would not even sleep… Or not right away at least… Images of her and Maureen naked, kissing, touching, making love flashed through her head and her heart raced in anticipation. “Yes, I will stay the night”, Susan said. “I will stay this night and the next and the next and as many nights as you will have me.” Maureen gave a mischievously smile and said: “You better quit volleyball then, because I am going to wear you out… The things I’ll do to you…” The sexual undertone was unmistaken and it sent goose bumps all over Susan’s body. “Can’t wait…” Susan whispered and she quickly gave Maureen a last kiss, before they went back to their guests. The party was nice, but to Maureen and Susan it seemed like ages before the last guest finally went home…

The end

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:14 pm 
CindyT

Wow Ashae78! What a sweet story! Now I want a friend like Maureen! Maybe you could give us more of Susan and Maureen? Please!!!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:23 am 
Ashae78

Tnx Cindy for the comment Smile
Glad that someone enjoyed a story, that I usually only keep in my mind!

I'm a "And they lived happily ever after." kinda person and this was one of those stories... I know it was only a short story and it could have been much longer (deepening the characters, viewing how they interacted before the birthday, shifting point of view, build up the tension between the girls - I had thought also of letting Susan flirt and date a bit more with Tara for a couple of days/weeks), but now at least I finished something Wink

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:11 am 
indiangirl

wow. really nice and sweet story. please keep writing.

Post Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 am 
MariCR

Hi

Ashae78 I loved your story, it was lovely please keep writing and I'm always expecting a happy ending too Very Happy Cool Smile

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:43 pm 
Ashae78

Thank you indiangirl and Mari! Always nice to hear positive comments!

I do intend to write some more stories. I have a longer (novel like) story I want to work out. In my head it's complete, but I can't promise I have the endurance to write it all down...

However, I did post a short story just now. It's a true story from my own past.

Thanks again for reading and enjoying and letting me know.

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: